• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm w/David Neitz

Neitz the Great

GAMEDAY - Preliminary Final vs Eagles

5 hours ago, SaberFang said:

The AFL would be salivating at the prospect of a Collingwood v Melbourne Grand Final. The first showdown between both clubs in a Grand Final since Melbourne's last premiership 5 decades ago! Nothing would be more fitting.

There's such rich history between the clubs (both as rivals and of themselves) and fantastic stories across the entire ground. The two best rucks all year going head to head. Howe playing against his first team. Weideman playing against his heritage.

It would also be the first all-Victorian Grand Final in 7 years and only the 5th time that's happened since our last Grand Final appearance.

I agree but if you can tell the umpires to help us out today that would be great.

The more Booooooooooos increases our chances of winning.

Worried about this.  Not only will they have Kennedy and Darling back they have also learnt to overcome the loss of Gaff. 

Last time we played them was their second game without Gaff.  Like us with Lever it took them a few games to resettle the side and to again play 'their way' ie 'possession' football ala Hawks;  denying opp contests with target precision kicks and controlling the game with uncontested possessions.  It is how they totally thrashed Richmond early this year.  

Very different game today than round 22.  They can neutralise our ballistic/chaos game style.

We need to make every shot at goal count.  Early scoreboard pressure is the only way to trouble them and to quieten the Boo crowd!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

Nervous. So so nervous. 

I was fairly confident the last two weeks. Not so today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, praha said:

I am super chilled. And have been all finals series. I am more excited at the prospect of playing a grand final, than I am nervous about the outcome.

This is me.

38 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

I don't think so Cassie. If we do get through we'll have the rest of Australia supporting us next week; would be of epic proportions. 

The problem in Collingbog have a lot of supporters in the media.

I’ve heard almost nothing about our prelim on the radio this week. You would have thought there was only one final played this weekend.

Edited by Cassiew

15 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Worried about this.  Not only will they have Kennedy and Darling back they have also learnt to overcome the loss of Gaff. 

Last time we played them was their second game without Gaff.  Like us with Lever it took them a few games to resettle the side and to again play 'their way' ie 'possession' football ala Hawks;  denying opp contests with target precision kicks and controlling the game with uncontested possessions.  It is how they totally thrashed Richmond early this year.  

Very different game today than round 22.  They can neutralise our ballistic/chaos game style.

We need to make every shot at goal count.  Early scoreboard pressure is the only way to trouble them and to quieten the Boo crowd!

Jeremiah 49:16

The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the cleft of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill.Though you build your nests high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, picket fence said:
I feel a little crazy
I feel a little strange
Like I'm in a pay phone
Without any change
I feel a little edgy
I feel a little weird
I feel like a schoolboy
Who's grown a beard
I'm livin' in the 70's
Eatin' fake food under plastic trees
My face gets dirty just walkin' around
I need another pill to calm me down
I feel a bit nervous
I feel a bit mad
I feel like a good time that's never been had
I feel a bit fragile
I feel a bit low
Like I learned the right lines
But I'm on the wrong show
I'm livin' in the 70's
I feel like I lost my keys
Got the right day but I got the wrong week
And I get paid for just bein' a freak
I feel a little insane
I feel a bit dazed
My legs are shrinkin'
And the roof's been raised
I feel a little mixed up
I feel a little [censored]
I feel like a barman that can't drink a beer
I'm livin' in the 70's
I feel like I lost my keys
Got the right day but I got the wrong week
And I get paid for just bein' a freak

I AM PETRIFIED !!

If only the seventies were something to reference when discussing the Demons!

4 minutes ago, Biffen said:

The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the cleft of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill.Though you build your nests high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down.

Nothing like a bit of good old fashioned smiting. Bring it back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bing181 said:

I get an extra hour in France: just time to walk the dog and grab a baguette and settle back for what I hope will be a champagne breakfast.

I happened to be up in central Paris today, so called into Belushi's where they have AFL on the big screen, and watched most of the other Prelim. Never again! Those Pies' supporters really are something else, I'd forgotten.

Reporting from Amsterdam, just bloody got home from work, 5 hours kip then went against the Coco's experience, and instead will head to a private viewing, mainly due to sheer brown pantsness about it all.

Edited by AmDamDemon
  • Like 1

Avid follower of the Dees since 75 - stuck with them through thick and thin. I built the websites for Western Demons here in WA ; on the commitee. Lived in WA for 22yrs now and its been a hard yard flying the colours in WA through the tough times.

My late brother Greg used to drive down from Mildura to watch the games - sometimes I would go with him as a young kid. He passed on in 98 from a brain tumor at 37yrs. The Jim thing brang it all to the surface - it is always just below the surface. Greg was a truely mad Demons man & a one of a kind also.

I write this in Gregs memory and he will be there when it counts - win or lose he will be there.

Its a really personal journey for all the true supporters. Everyone has a story to tell - its been a long time.

For all those before us & for all those that have stayed 100% true - we are back. Lap it up and be proud.

I am sad and happy ; an emotional time bomb - its a really hard time for me. 

Go Dees - do it for yourselves - do it for those that cant be here - do it for us loyal supporters. We love you all.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 12

6 minutes ago, Mardo said:

Avid follower of the Dees since 75 - stuck with them through thick and thin. I built the websites for Western Demons here in WA ; on the commitee. Lived in WA for 22yrs now and its been a hard yard flying the colours in WA through the tough times.

My late brother Greg used to drive down from Mildura to watch the games - sometimes I would go with him as a young kid. He passed on in 98 from a brain tumor at 37yrs. The Jim thing brang it all to the surface - it is always just below the surface. Greg was a truely mad Demons man & a one of a kind also.

I write this in Gregs memory and he will be there when it counts - win or lose he will be there.

Its a really personal journey for all the true supporters. Everyone has a story to tell - its been a long time.

For all those before us & for all those that have stayed 100% true - we are back. Lap it up and be proud.

I am sad and happy ; an emotional time bomb - its a really hard time for me. 

Go Dees - do it for yourselves - do it for those that cant be here - do it for us loyal supporters. We love you all.

To Greg 

• Thanks 1

Words cant really describe it.

The journey we are on.

We are all with you.

Stay True – Stay Strong.

Go Dees.

Anything worth doing in Perth CBD before 9am

5 minutes ago, danielE288 said:

Not really. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Biffen said:

FMD!

What drug are you doing at the moment Biffen?

And where did you steal The Bible?

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, danielE288 said:

No!

you could maybe shoot a cannon down there, still reckon you wouldn’t hit anyone! 

8 minutes ago, danielE288 said:

heckle some Weagles ?

I'll be attending pre-game function at Burswood on Swan at 10am. Will be lapping it up with 300+ other Dee Suppoeters + yelling at the game for all those that cant make it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll wait patiently in my 2 x 2 metre cell slowly going mad.

Just woke up in Perth feeling extremely dusty. Listening to Martin’s ode to the Demons then heading to the pre game function. 

Go the [censored] Dees. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SaberFang said:

I have no idea what to expect really. I went into both previous finals thinking we would fight hard but struggle to overcome the opposition's experience. After watching our resolve thus far, I can't help but feel confident about tomorrow's outcome, despite the odds stacked against us.

There's been a recurring theme of storytelling trilogies since Goodwin took charge, culminating in the last two weeks. After two heartbreaking losses against the Cats this year, we overcame them on our third attempt when it mattered most. After two losses against his old team since joining the Dees, Lewis finally beat them on his third attempt. If we win today, it marks our third consecutive win against the Eagles in Perth after 9 consecutive losses. It would mark our third consecutive finals win for the first time in 18 years.

I know the fairytale endings don't always come true, but I'll be sending the team every ounce of positive energy I can tomorrow. So good luck, Demons. All we ask is you give it everything you've got; that'll be enough for this Dees supporter.

It will be our 3rd consecutive flag against the Pies

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Me at the start of the year: If we make the finals and win one it will be an A+ year.

Me prior to Hawks final: Everything’s a bonus now, win and it will be an A+++ year.

Me now: If we don’t win today and then beat Coll next week I will neck myself!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I was very confident against Geelong and Hawthorn, but not so today. 

Even with a loss it's been a huge year and a portent of things to come.