Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTMATCH DISCUSSION - Round 18

Demonland

Just now, SPC said:

We are a weak club.. not much has changed.. other clubs know it.

on a a side note, had a bad motorcycle accident Saturday and needed the win. Loss broke my heart 

All the best for your recovery and hope all is well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Dude, take a chill pill. Jesus. 

Also block me if you think I’m such a mean bully for disagreeing with you, or grow a thicker skin  

Ain’t nobody got time to quote one post 15 times to have a conversation with yourself, given I stopped responding to you that bloody long ago!

And by the way, you reduced from my post that I told you to leave the forum, which is both wrong and unhinged. I clarified what I meant and you still kept carrying on like a wounded child. That’s on you, not me. 

I thought you weren't disagreeing with me but taking me out of context in-order to rap with your "same think" group about something. 

Why do you want to order me about?

You are the only one you can get to do anything.  You have no power over me.

I'm posting because  people who act as bully's can be pointed it out to the wider community. 

If you want to apologise for telling me the group is not for me and then trying to isolate me I would accept it.

Though I presume by your personality through your wording that you are always right and do not care or understand others.

Edited by 000

37 minutes ago, 000 said:

I thought you weren't disagreeing with me but taking me out of context in-order to rap with your "same think" group about something. 

I'm posting because  people who act as bully's and it should be pointed it out to the wider community. 

If you want to apologise for telling me the group is not for me and then trying to isolate me I would accept it.

Though I presume by your personality through your wording that you are always right and do not care or understand others.

I say bloke, you are taking this forum way way too seriously

It is populated by online bullies, knowitalls, 'keyboard warriors etc etc

Edited by Satyriconhome

12 minutes ago, 000 said:

I'm posting because  people who act as bully's can be pointed it out to the wider community. 

you know this is a footy forum...not Dr Phil ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPC said:

We are a weak club.. not much has changed.. other clubs know it.

on a a side note, had a bad motorcycle accident Saturday and needed the win. Loss broke my heart 

Good luck with that. I ride bikes too and it can be painful!

7 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Good post, mate. 

What it highlights is, at this point, Trac has some risky options to look for, but they have a chance of being a turnover that could have been catastrophic. Instead, he took the low risk option and went down the line. It was the right decision, and a mature one as well. 

But did he not have someone behind him? I don't recall him looking back. Great still shot by DeeZephr - particuallry the umpire indicating play on (which must have been almost straight away).

But lets assume he had no one to kick to. As beezlebub says then it is on his team mates. At least, one but ideally more, of his team mates should have been busting a gut to provide a short option. Terribel that they weren't and cost us the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, binman said:

But did he not have someone behind him? I don't recall him looking back. Great still shot by DeeZephr - particuallry the umpire indicating play on (which must have been almost straight away).

But lets assume he had no one to kick to. As beezlebub says then it is on his team mates. At least, one but ideally more, of his team mates should have been busting a gut to provide a short option. Terribel that they weren't and cost us the game.

Going by the shot, I saw one play with their hands up looking for the pass, but to Geelong's credit they had pretty much every avenue covered.  Unless he had some behind him to kick to, the best decision he has in this situation is to go long to the boundary.  He could have looked for the 30-40m pass, and he might have been able to pull it off, but there were plenty of Geelong players around to either cut it off or effect the spoil, and that would have been catastrophic (but it's a moot point now).

I don't think Trac is much to blame here.  He did what most would do, unless they had a player in space to kick to, in that situation.

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

I say bloke, you are taking this forum way way too seriously

It is populated by online bullies, knowitalls, 'keyboard warriors etc etc

Then stop coming here if you hate it so much.  85% of your posts are whining about the forum and its users.

The mods need to ban you permanently, all you do is talk [censored] about this place. The mods/owners put a lot of work into this site to keep things running  so the supporters can talk about footy and the Demons, yet you constantly trash it and complain and rarely contribute to the topic.

Edited by Petraccattack

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hogan also marked 10m out in the 3rd - if not a mark definite arm chop. Nup, play on. You don't like blaming them for losses but that's 3 games this year we could argue we've been robbed (Port, Saints, Cats)

definitely a free...but he couldnt buy one down there. He was being teamed, held, blocked...you name it....but narry a squeak from the maggots

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fifty-5 said:

I also don't think Jeffy did the wrong thing either, his kick went towards the top of the square again to an even contest, he didn't have a wild ping.  Suggestions that he should have taken it OOB are ridiculous, he would've been pinged for sure.  

Well the Coach disagrees with you, even though you think his suggestion is ridiculous. He mentioned the couple of chances we had to take the ball oob and Jeffy was clearly one of them in the last minute or so. 

I am not saying I disagree with you.

I just wonder how many times it has been drummed into them what to do in the final minute of play when you hold the lead.

It has probably gone in one ear and out the other.

I would put them on the track this week and train the arses off them. Whoever survives gets a game.

We need to win 3 games to get in the 8.

Adelaide, Suns and Sydney are the possibilities.  WCE and Giants are likely losses.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

definitely a free...but he couldnt buy one down there. He was being teamed, held, blocked...you name it....but narry a squeak from the maggots

We are apparently querying the Danger free and I hope we query a few others as well,  but in reality the best we will get on some of the decisions is, “yes sorry we made a mistake”. A fat lot of good that will do us. 

I agree though the umpires have cost us 3 games with multiple mistakes mainly resulting in goals to the opposition and goals denied to us. 

If the Scotts coached us, their heads would have exploded on TV.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If you really think we lost that game because we 'were just plain unlucky' your opinion is not worth a cracker.

Geelong had kicked 8 goals to 3/4 time and we let them kick 8 straight in the last qtr. Ineptitude of the highest order. Weakest defensive effort for a long time. 

We have one plan and one speed. Bomb it into our fwd line as quickly as possible. It doesn't stack up in big games against quality opposition or in finals. Our record is testament to that (well not the finals bit).

2018 is gone. We can't defend.

I disagree with this, we managed 12 goals to 8 in the first 3 quarters. We set up well and they struggled to break our press. They broke it once when Jordan Jones got out the back, which came from a risly ball out of the Cats defensive 50 through the middle of the corridor. That pass came off and they were away. It didn't happen much and we set up well on the night. 4 of those 8 goals came from  Jermaine Jones (mentioned above), the Dangerfield ruck nomination, Hawkins outmuscling Max and the Harmes 50m penalty.

In the last quarter the Cats kicked 5 goals in 6 minutes and it was more to do with us not being able to get our hands on the ball from the centre clearances than our defensive set up.

Ablett and Kelly dominated and hit Hawkins laces out straight from stoppages. The way they broke away and delivery is almost impossible to defend. Same happened against the Dogs at Etihad but they lacked the polish with their delivery.

We needed to slow the momentum which was obvious but you can't slow the game down when you can't get your hands on the ball.

Yes Gawn being off had an impact but all teams go in with set rotations.

We lost because of a lack of composure from Garlett, Vince and probably Brayshaw. Nibbler putting in a toe poke instead of putting his head over the ball also cost us with ball getting out to Ablett.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I disagree with this, we managed 12 goals to 8 in the first 3 quarters. We set up well and they struggled to break our press. They broke it once when Jordan Jones got out the back, which came from a risly ball out of the Cats defensive 50 through the middle of the corridor. That pass came off and they were away. It didn't happen much and we set up well on the night. 4 of those 8 goals came from  Jermaine Jones (mentioned above), the Dangerfield ruck nomination, Hawkins outmuscling Max and the Harmes 50m penalty.

In the last quarter the Cats kicked 5 goals in 6 minutes and it was more to do with us not being able to get our hands on the ball from the centre clearances than our defensive set up.

Ablett and Kelly dominated and hit Hawkins laces out straight from stoppages. The way they broke away and delivery is almost impossible to defend. Same happened against the Dogs at Etihad but they lacked the polish with their delivery.

We needed to slow the momentum which was obvious but you can't slow the game down when you can't get your hands on the ball.

Yes Gawn being off had an impact but all teams go in with set rotations.

We lost because of a lack of composure from Garlett, Vince and probably Brayshaw. Nibbler putting in a toe poke instead of putting his head over the ball also cost us with ball getting out to Ablett.

You can disagree all you like. The fact is they doubled their goals in the last quarter. We are defensively weak.

Coaches Votes

GEELONG v MELBOURNE
10 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
8 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
5 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
4 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 Tom McDonald (MELB)
1 Christian Petracca (MELB

5 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

And Hawkins gets off which goes to cement the theory that Melbourne players are punching bags.

I hope the club at least whinges to the AFL about the lack of 50 penalty.  FCS you can get a 50 for gently pushing a player a bit too late after a mark. 

The Cats forward appeared to try and shove Fritsch in the chest, instead catching him in the face in what was a clumsy incident. However, the Demon was fine and able to take his kick.

Edited by sue

18 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

You can disagree all you like. The fact is they doubled their goals in the last quarter. We are defensively weak.

So you don't want to assess each goal and how they were scored. Just make a sweeping statement.

28 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

So you don't want to assess each goal and how they were scored. Just make a sweeping statement.

I don't need to. The facts are there. We led by 29 points and couldn't defend it. We let them score 8 goals to win. 

You can justify it to yourself all you like but we cant beat a top side and will never do it consistently until we fix it. Your just making excuses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

So how were we defensively outside of the last term?  Weak or rock solid?

They kicked 5 in a row in quick succession (8 minutes or so) but for the rest our defence was terrific.  

We lacked experience around the ball when the heat was really on, and with almost a thousand games of experience between Dangerflop, Duckwood and the Bald Eagle, they got on top.  If anything the issue was through the midfield, not our defence.

4 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I don't need to. The facts are there. We led by 29 points and couldn't defend it. We let them score 8 goals to win. 

You can justify it to yourself all you like but we cant beat a top side and will never do it consistently until we fix it. Your just making excuses.

Yep no worries Im just making excuses.

I"ll take the petulant child approach like others (not you) and it will mean I am not an apologist who accepts mediocrity.

Saying we haven't beaten a top side is another cop out and just something convenient to fall back on and again say the factd are there.  Last year we beat several top 8 sides but lost to many cellar dwellers.

Collingwood haven't beaten anyone either but they are a good side. Sydney have beaten Meth Coast twice the Cats away and I don't see them as any better than us.