Jump to content
  • Demonland Interviews

Dee1987

Who do we realistically target for a trade?

Recommended Posts

Apparently Lachie Neale is trying to get to Brissy, which if that was the case they might be happier to release Dayne Beams back to Victoria, while Collingwood would be most likely, I'd love to have him at the Dees he could be a great link man as good as an inside mid as he is at the moment. Not sure what we'd give, but something like a 2nd next year and a player JHK/Kent etc. might do

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Apparently Lachie Neale is trying to get to Brissy, which if that was the case they might be happier to release Dayne Beams back to Victoria, while Collingwood would be most likely, I'd love to have him at the Dees he could be a great link man as good as an inside mid as he is at the moment. Not sure what we'd give, but something like a 2nd next year and a player JHK/Kent etc. might do

A contracted Beams would cost a lot more than a second round pick (in the 30s) plus JKH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Apparently Lachie Neale is trying to get to Brissy, which if that was the case they might be happier to release Dayne Beams back to Victoria, while Collingwood would be most likely, I'd love to have him at the Dees he could be a great link man as good as an inside mid as he is at the moment. Not sure what we'd give, but something like a 2nd next year and a player JHK/Kent etc. might do

He's not trying to get to Brisbane. Brisbane are trying to get him and he's open to the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see us being too active this year. 

The list of free agents are underwhelming, Gaff & Dahl are probably the only on our list however their price tags are getting a bit excessive. 

We have no trading blocks unless we want to trade our own talent. 

I dont think we really need to make too many changes anyway. Next year our "ins" are LEVER, HOGAN & VINEY. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GCDee said:

I cant see us being too active this year. 

The list of free agents are underwhelming, Gaff & Dahl are probably the only on our list however their price tags are getting a bit excessive. 

We have no trading blocks unless we want to trade our own talent. 

I dont think we really need to make too many changes anyway. Next year our "ins" are LEVER, HOGAN & VINEY. 

 

I’m also hopeful that Billy Stretch will have a Harmes-like renaissance. The signs were promising prior to his injury.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GCDee said:

A contracted Beams would cost a lot more than a second round pick (in the 30s) plus JKH. 

Who knows, if they have a replacement lined up they might accept something like that (2nd plus player) now rather than know he'll be gone in 2 years anyway and will get nothing then. They've made it clear they don't expect him to stay beyond his current contract. He's also turns 29 before the start of next season, so will only really have 3 years left in him.

7 minutes ago, SFebes said:

He's not trying to get to Brisbane. Brisbane are trying to get him and he's open to the idea.

I read it that he'd approached Freo about it, rather than Brisbane approaching them, suggests to me he's more than just open to the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Who knows, if they have a replacement lined up they might accept something like that (2nd plus player) now rather than know he'll be gone in 2 years anyway and will get nothing then. They've made it clear they don't expect him to stay beyond his current contract. He's also turns 29 before the start of next season, so will only really have 3 years left in him.

I read it that he'd approached Freo about it, rather than Brisbane approaching them, suggests to me he's more than just open to the idea.

They said on the radio that Neale has not approached Freo at all yet and that Brisbane were keen and Neale camp was open to the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, worldwideweb_demon said:

Think those picks are wrong. It's 36, 43, 54 and 90. 

We've done well some of later picks especially the two Mac boys both taken at pick 53

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, layzie said:

Something not quite right about this Neale stuff. 

Rounding up draft picks for Jesse....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GCDee said:

I cant see us being too active this year. 

The list of free agents are underwhelming, Gaff & Dahl are probably the only on our list however their price tags are getting a bit excessive. 

We have no trading blocks unless we want to trade our own talent. 

I dont think we really need to make too many changes anyway. Next year our "ins" are LEVER, HOGAN & VINEY. 

 

I thought Viney was an in next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick 5 from Freo plus Brisbanes pick 4 as a result of the Neale trade for Hogan....Something to seriously consider. We could then keep a first round pick for this "Superdraft" who by all accounts the top 5 are brilliant and trade the second 1st rounder to any of the clubs holding the dynamic , goal kicking , speedy midfielder we  are so desperate for. Im a Hogan fan  and don't think it should /will happen but it will defietely be considered IMO. Doubely so if the Weed has a great finals campaine - by god I hope he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we're putting an offer to Shiel to play with the best midfield in the league at the end of his current contract.

Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes, Tyson and Petracca. Surely, he'd have to consider it. If we don't get Gaff, I'd say "give it one more shot at GWS and then come back to Victoria and play under Max".

Edited by A F
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, A F said:

I hope we're putting an offer to Shiel to play with the best midfield in the league at the end of his current contract.

Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes, Tyson and Petracca. Surely, he'd have to consider it. If we don't get Gaff, I'd say "give it one more shot at GWS and then come back to Victoria and play under Max".

Shiel, Kelly or Whitfield are the ones I want, Shiel is more likely. Mouthwatering midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A F said:

I hope we're putting an offer to Shiel to play with the best midfield in the league at the end of his current contract.

Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes, Tyson and Petracca. Surely, he'd have to consider it. If we don't get Gaff, I'd say "give it one more shot at GWS and then come back to Victoria and play under Max".

Shiel would be great.. but who are you willing to give up to get him in? We got no picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiel plays a very selfish brand of football for mine...I’d happily have him but he needs a lot of adjustments to his role to benefit any club he goes to

I think it’s all a moot point, however, as we don’t have the assets to trade, unless we want to give up significant best 22 players

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WA Demon13 said:

Pick 5 from Freo plus Brisbanes pick 4 as a result of the Neale trade for Hogan....Something to seriously consider. We could then keep a first round pick for this "Superdraft" who by all accounts the top 5 are brilliant and trade the second 1st rounder to any of the clubs holding the dynamic , goal kicking , speedy midfielder we  are so desperate for. Im a Hogan fan  and don't think it should /will happen but it will defietely be considered IMO. Doubely so if the Weed has a great finals campaine - by god I hope he does. 

I don't want to trade Hogan.  He is much better and much more valuable than many people on here seem to think. 

But if he is thinking about it, then for picks 4 and 5 we'd have to consider it. That'd be the best possible return we'd ever get for him and, if he was leaving anyway,  would help set us up even longer term. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, deanox said:

I don't want to trade Hogan.  He is much better and much more valuable than many people on here seem to think. 

But if he is thinking about it, then for picks 4 and 5 we'd have to consider it. That'd be the best possible return we'd ever get for him and, if he was leaving anyway,  would help set us up even longer term. 

Miles better than the compensatory pick of around 15 that we would get if he leaves under restricted free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    SOCIAL DISTANCING by George on the Outer

    It was good to see the MFC players practicing the directives about social distancing at the game against West Coast.  Pity was that they continued to do so after the first bounce of the ball, as they allowed numerous WCE players run around un-hindered, with not a Melbourne player within 1.5 metres of them! They then found themselves looking at nearly a 5 goal deficit at the first break, which was to be essentially the final margin for the game. It is difficult to judge exactly what is going

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BEST IN SHOW by Whispering Jack

    I am writing this knowing that the AFL has deemed that the opening round of competition will proceed but fully believing that it should not.  The world is going through cataclysmic change as a result of the overwhelming spread of the Covid-19 virus and I agree that a distraction like sport would be good for the public. However, while the physical threat to the population is bad enough, there are other  issues to be addressed including the mental health of the community and the effects on th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TASSIE DEVILS by Van Demon

    If you were looking for something new from the Demons that wasn’t there last year, you didn’t have to look further than the perfectly trimmed grass surface of UTAS Stadium last night as the team steamrolled the Hawks to record a comprehensive 32-point victory to complete their Marsh Community Series commitments for 2020. One new thing was the fact that for the second Marsh game in a row, the team finished full of running and they dominated the second half without the presence or the dominan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by Paddy Gosch

    The Demons will go into their final Marsh Series match with a strong lineup against the Hawks in Tasmania. Both Max Gawn and Steven May, who were recovering from injuries in first Marsh Series match, have both been named. It is unclear whether Max will be on restricted minutes and will likely get breaks in the ruck with Sam Weideman and rookie Luke Jackson getting their turns in the middle. Angus Brayshaw will be getting his first taste of competitive football despite playing in last week’s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    KANGAROO CAUGHT by Whispering Jack

    There was a fair amount of debate in our area as to whether the game warranted a full blown match report because it was felt that it was really an elevated version of a training session with match simulation but against a team in opposition colours. Although notionally the stronger side, North seemed to be using the occasion for the purpose of working on aspects of their game plan, one of the features of which seemed to be based on taking the longest possible route out of defence and good luck w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    JUST AN ABERRATION by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne unveiled its top recruits with new fitness boss Darren Burgess and mid-sized bull Christian Petracca sharing top billing in the team’s Marsh Community Series opener in front of 3,095 football starved fans at Casey Fields and thousands of others watching on screens of various shapes and sizes.  What they saw was a different Melbourne to the one that failed to run out its JLT Series games last year and then crashed in a heap early in the season proper with performances lacking the z

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    CROWDOWN by Paddy Gosch

    The Demons open their 2020 season account with a "home" game against the Adelaide Crows at Casey Fields. It’s been more than 5 and half agonising months for the team and supporters who are eager to atone for the disappointing 2019 season which saw the Dees go from Preliminary Finalist to 2nd bottom on the ladder. The preseason campaign has been a hard slog with the addition of respected High Performance Manager Darren Burgess. We caught a glimpse of the gut busting sessions in the Melbourne

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE YEAR THE SKY FELL by The Oracle

    After a number of years of linear movement up the ladder, the Melbourne Football Club unexpectedly went into serious decline in 2019, slumping from fourth to 17th in a season that coach Simon Goodwin described “a complete wipe-out”. Those around the club who tried to analyse the apocalyptic events that unfolded during the year were hard pressed to find a single reason for the debacle but the most plausible explanation was that the club’s troubles stemmed from a lack of fitness and injuries that

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...