Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Western Bulldogs

What

2 hours ago, juzzk1d said:

Granted ANB is our best and hardest distance runner, but for me, I don't see how that translates into being warranted games?

It's all well and good to be able to cover the ground well and rack up the kilometres, but did/do you ever sit up and take notice of ANB's hard running and say to yourself "Gee, he worked hard for that possession?" or "Wow, look at that chase down tackle, he ran far to get to that contest"

Kent in his games he played with us actually played a very decent forward defensive role, and kicked 3 goals in both games he played in. He was doing quite well before he got injured.

You specifically said you wanted to increase our spread and then said you would drop ANB and pick Kent.

ANB is the hardest worker in the side, who runs all day to be in the correct position. Did you watch the footage from 360 last week where it showed our players not chasing down the ground? It isn't about run down tackles, its about manning up in the first place so your player isn't loose.  ANB does this as well as anyone and its our major weakness. 

Kent on the other hand runs one way only.  Who cares how many goals he kicks when your stated aim is to improve our spread?

Or are you just saying buzzwords and picking the players you personally like??

31 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

have you not been watching any footy this year? we are good at beating the bad sides. (except for stkilda!) and got smashed against hawks, coll, richmond etc.  tell me who you think we will beat in the run homem 

I watched us smash Adelaide and nearly beat Geelong. And they are 2 of the 3 sides you mentioned!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

have you not been watching any footy this year? we are good at beating the bad sides. (except for stkilda!) and got smashed against hawks, coll, richmond etc.  tell me who you think we will beat in the run homem 

Why would you come into the changes thread following the match against Freo to complain about current form and state we would miss the finals based on previous matches during the season? 

And not even refer to team selection whatsoever?

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 2

Simple maths. Vince in as he will be fresh from a weeks rest in Darwin. A big O U T for me  will be J Smith as l don't know what Goodwin sees in him.He makes big mistakes by not taking the game on and is a poor decision make.He certainly isn't a Key back.

well my point is that it doesnt matter who we bring in. the defensive mindset falls to pieces against good teams. 

if we are talking about selection, frost has come in 4 weeks too late. his non selection last week cost us the 4 points against the saints where petty was completely out of his depth.

i dont think there will be any changes other than joel smith maybe missing due to injury.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hemingway said:

The pessimism and carry on about dropping players after such a good win astounds me. 

If I remember correctly we made 4 or 5 changes after the Darwln game last season and won the week after against Port.

No chance we are going in unchanged next week.

Edited by Petraccattack

I thought it was a pretty decent effort across the board so it really comes down to who the worst offenders were with skill errors. That’s a hard task given the conditions so I’m thinking there’ll be no change for the Dogs who aren’t traveling very well right now.

As for the climate affecting the players, I’d like to think a full week of recovery will be ample time for Misson et al to get the players ready to fire again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i have no idea what IP PA SI and TG mean. Even google advanced search was no help

Most likely

IP = Intercept possessions

SI = Score Involvementts

TG = Time on Ground

Not sure about PA.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I thought it was a pretty decent effort across the board so it really comes down to who the worst offenders were with skill errors. That’s a hard task given the conditions so I’m thinking there’ll be no change for the Dogs who aren’t traveling very well right now.

As for the climate affecting the players, I’d like to think a full week of recovery will be ample time for Misson et al to get the players ready to fire again.

If the game was played on the mcg same day in the afternoon, it would have been an ugly wet-day game at football. look at the casey game to see, although the rain and wind there was probably worse than the mcg

on the other hand it would probably have been played at shitehead under the roof

7 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Its just  minutes and seconds.

ta.

any further thoughts on PA? as it is the main column and the column used for ranking.

EDIT: could it be Pressure Acts (just heard the term used on radio)

Edited by daisycutter

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

ta.

any further thoughts on PA? as it is the main column and the column used for ranking.

edit -

what DZ said 

Edited by Petraccattack

14 hours ago, dees-picable said:

Melksham has to be looked at. Last 4 weeks dreadful. 

He's probably wondering why he's bothering to play at all given the treatment he's been receiving from the maggots. 

• Like 1

Would like to see us have a settled team now. Changes should be due to players not being 100% or ins to match the opposition. We need cohesion now in order to build for some tough teams and hopefully to finals. We just about have a full list and there is alot of pressure for places, but we need stability. Perhaps this next game against the dogs is the last of our voluntary changes. Maybe Vince, Keilty or Baker and VandenBerg when fit. Unsure about the outs.

6 hours ago, dino rover said:

Fresh air kicks to avoid picking up the ball

The players: "In Darwin it's like wet weather football".

First rule of wet weather football: just keep the ball moving forward, by whatever means possible. Includes kicks off the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin martin said:

Would like to see us have a settled team now. Changes should be due to players not being 100% or ins to match the opposition. We need cohesion now in order to build for some tough teams and hopefully to finals. We just about have a full list and there is alot of pressure for places, but we need stability. Perhaps this next game against the dogs is the last of our voluntary changes. Maybe Vince, Keilty or Baker and VandenBerg when fit. Unsure about the outs.

Wise words!

In particular this applies to Frost in the backline, so the back 6 can settle, and also give Stretch a good 4-6 week run at it!

• Like 1

i think we will do at least 3 changes , coming back from NT and a hot night , we will need some fresh legs, 

maybe time for Lewis to have a rest for one week and at least 2 others will be rested.