• Latest Podcast: Rd 4 vs Sydney      

DemonLad5

Delisting, Trade and FA discussion 2018

1 hour ago, willmoy said:

Even you OD

Yep the Weid struggles at VFL level who would swap Moore for him?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, old dee said:

Yep the Weid struggles at VFL level who would swap Moore for him?

Worked thirty five years ago, but i wouldn't do it.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Worked thirty five years ago, but i wouldn't do it.....

Neither would I. Weid is on target to be a good player for us.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Neither would I. Weid is on target to be a good player for us.

I think I need to change my glasses.

4 hours ago, old dee said:

I think I need to change my glasses.

Or just open your eyes. 

I recall a couple of years ago many thought Oscar hopeless. Today he is our main key back. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Or just open your eyes. 

I recall a couple of years ago many thought Oscar hopeless. Today he is our main key back. 

He has played two good games this year for Casey both against Coburg who  cannot beat time with a stick. What else has he done?

On 6/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, Moonshadow said:

Any preferences of Gaff over Sloane?

Gaff, please ... still think he is the goods for our team. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, old dee said:

He has played two good games this year for Casey both against Coburg who  cannot beat time with a stick. 

Neither could Ringo, but he was still the drummer for the greatest band in the world.

Weid is developing and most good players don't necessarily rip the VFL apart, as it is played somewhat differently and with less skill in passing the ball etc.

I think Weid will be the regular 3rd key forward next year.

• Like 2

What do people think about trying to get Dalhaus in as a FA? Hes quick, tough and a good tackler. The Bulldogs CEO said tonight that discussions are ongoing but they aren't any closer to closing the gap. 

On 6/26/2018 at 5:16 PM, Soidee said:

Trade out Tyson!  He has played good in patches however, has not met expectations.

would also put Kent on trade table.

Soidee - seriously what do you really believe we could get for them?

With the form of the VFL side I suddenly think Johnstone and Keilty are safe.

McKenna and Vandenberg have 2 months to prove themselves.

Can T.Smith, Keilty and Maynard all be 3rd year rookies?

So the delistings will be minimal. JKH, Bugg and Pedo.

Trade bait Tyson and Kent, I would hold onto Garlett for another year to see if he can turn things around. 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:43 PM, Mickey said:

What do people think about trying to get Dalhaus in as a FA? Hes quick, tough and a good tackler. The Bulldogs CEO said tonight that discussions are ongoing but they aren't any closer to closing the gap. 

If we can’t get Gaff, then I completely agree he should be the secondary target

47 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

With the form of the VFL side I suddenly think Johnstone and Keilty are safe.

McKenna and Vandenberg have 2 months to prove themselves.

Can T.Smith, Keilty and Maynard all be 3rd year rookies?

So the delistings will be minimal. JKH, Bugg and Pedo.

Trade bait Tyson and Kent, I would hold onto Garlett for another year to see if he can turn things around. 

I thought T Smith was elevated to the main list

13 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I thought T Smith was elevated to the main list

Your allow to elevate a rookie at the start of the year (Maynard) due to injuries (T.Smith) and the middle of the year I think. They can be elevated at the end of the year or stay on the rookie list. 

13 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Your allow to elevate a rookie at the start of the year (Maynard) due to injuries (T.Smith) and the middle of the year I think. They can be elevated at the end of the year or stay on the rookie list. 

Sorry, what I meant was that I thought he wasn't a rookie anymore. Who did we put on the main list at the draft last year?

15 hours ago, monoccular said:

Soidee - seriously what do you really believe we could get for them?

Tyson, similar to or more than watts.

Kent 3rd Rndr?

Garlett 3rd Rndr?

8 hours ago, Mickey said:

Sorry, what I meant was that I thought he wasn't a rookie anymore. Who did we put on the main list at the draft last year?

Joel.Smith

• Like 1

updates from the weekend

- de goey signs a short-term two-year deal with pies, whose salary cap is bursting
- murphy re-signs with carlton, so he won't be coming to us

Any gun key position defenders we can poach?   It looks like slim pickings.

This team desperately needs one....   could we sign Adelaides McGovern and turn him into a KPD?

10 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Any gun key position defenders we can poach?   It looks like slim pickings.

This team desperately needs one....   could we sign Adelaides McGovern and turn him into a KPD?

I know hes just started playing WAFL level after having foot issues, but I'd sign Eric Mckenzie from West Coast on a 1 year deal. While we have Lever out, we need a hardened experience defender who can add leadership down back. 

Former best and fairest winner at the eagles and was Co Captain at some stage also. 196cm 100kg key back who would be handy until Lever comes back and Petty develops.

34 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I know hes just started playing WAFL level after having foot issues, but I'd sign Eric Mckenzie from West Coast on a 1 year deal. While we have Lever out, we need a hardened experience defender who can add leadership down back. 

Former best and fairest winner at the eagles and was Co Captain at some stage also. 196cm 100kg key back who would be handy until Lever comes back and Petty develops.

I've heard he has had further problems with his foot and is a strong chance to retire by seasons end. I would have happily nabbed him otherwise. 

On 6/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, Deemania since 56 said:

Gaff, please ... still think he is the goods for our team. 

If he has half a brain he won't come to Melb

Basket case

On 6/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, Redleg said:

Or just open your eyes. 

After the StKilda game, it appears that he has reverted to hopeless. Roos' legacy is nearly spent. Hibberd is the only player who really lifts and works hard covering the whole backline out of necessity.