Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

Jordan Lewis is absolutely cooked, never pick him again


DeeSpencer
 Share

Lewis = cooked  

332 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Has Tom McDonald played as a defender since then? Or did the coaches eventually - through injury or otherwise - wake up to the fact it wasn't working and move him forward.

Even Tom himself admitted he'd lost all confidence in his ball use as a defender.

If you got them to speak honestly I think you'd find a few team mates who have lost all faith in Jordan Lewis as capable of winning a one on one contest or willing to really put his body on the line for his team.

Don't argue it.  Just be thankful that Tom McDonald hadn't had enough of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


50 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Has Tom McDonald played as a defender since then? Or did the coaches eventually - through injury or otherwise - wake up to the fact it wasn't working and move him forward.

Even Tom himself admitted he'd lost all confidence in his ball use as a defender.

If you got them to speak honestly I think you'd find a few team mates who have lost all faith in Jordan Lewis as capable of winning a one on one contest or willing to really put his body on the line for his team.

bs...... tommy mac never "admitted he'd lost all confidence in his ball use as a defender" you are just making up shyte

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

bs...... tommy mac never "admitted he'd lost all confidence in his ball use as a defender" you are just making up shyte

TOM MCDONALD believes a permanent move to the forward line will allow him to play with newfound freedom, with the Melbourne swingman glad to be free of the pressures of defence. 

Following surgery on both of ankles at the end of last season, and integrating into main training in the past month, McDonald said he was relishing his time training at the opposite end of the ground for the first time in his career. 

"I don't know why but it's taken a bit of the stress away from playing footy," McDonald told AFL.com.au

"Sometimes as a defender I was so worried about making mistakes. The pressure that comes with being a full back or centre-half back can be overwhelming at times, and I tend to get overly frustrated with myself and it costs me." 

 

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-12/mcdonald-ready-for-his-crack-up-forward

 

I was paraphrasing but I stand by it. The guy was making mistakes and I'd be pretty sure he meant with the ball more than defensively.

Either way, he's a whole new player as a forward and my point was that Tom openly admits he had issues playing as a defender.

I'd love to find a new position for Lewis but there's no where to hide a plodder these days. Half back is the best option but eventually the time comes from there as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

One of very few prepared to give second efforts today

Many worse than he was

Absolutely correct. Can't understand this post. Amongst our group we rated him our third best player after TMac and Oliver. Sure, a clanger at the end but look at the many pinpoint kicks to a running player 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Absolutely correct. Can't understand this post. Amongst our group we rated him our third best player after TMac and Oliver. Sure, a clanger at the end but look at the many pinpoint kicks to a running player 

You need to go to the footy with some new people. Might've been third best for Collingwood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

TOM MCDONALD believes a permanent move to the forward line will allow him to play with newfound freedom, with the Melbourne swingman glad to be free of the pressures of defence. 

Following surgery on both of ankles at the end of last season, and integrating into main training in the past month, McDonald said he was relishing his time training at the opposite end of the ground for the first time in his career. 

"I don't know why but it's taken a bit of the stress away from playing footy," McDonald told AFL.com.au

"Sometimes as a defender I was so worried about making mistakes. The pressure that comes with being a full back or centre-half back can be overwhelming at times, and I tend to get overly frustrated with myself and it costs me." 

 

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-12/mcdonald-ready-for-his-crack-up-forward

 

I was paraphrasing but I stand by it. The guy was making mistakes and I'd be pretty sure he meant with the ball more than defensively.

Either way, he's a whole new player as a forward and my point was that Tom openly admits he had issues playing as a defender.

I'd love to find a new position for Lewis but there's no where to hide a plodder these days. Half back is the best option but eventually the time comes from there as well.

paraphrasing my arze. "lost all confidence"? he was a star in the backline and played with confidence. he was just explaining he enjoyed the freedom one got playing as a forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

paraphrasing my arze. "lost all confidence"? he was a star in the backline and played with confidence. he was just explaining he enjoyed the freedom one got playing as a forward

Stress
Worried about making mistakes
Pressure
Overwhelming
Overly frustrated

Yeah Tom sure sounded like a confident defender.

Tom is clearly a player with a new found confidence and at the time I made a thread about him he was clearly a player without a lot of confidence.

I stand by it. Just as I'll stand by this one. 

There will be a touch of short term pain against certain sides where Lewis' ability to find and sometimes use the ball will be missed, just as there was short term pain last year without Tom down back. But in the long run we will have defenders who can actually defend and physically compete with the best sides.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I'm done with this pretender being unable to stand any half decent forward with an ounce of leg speed or overhead ability.

I'm done with him falling over or giving away free kicks because he knows he's physically incapable of even halving the contest.

I'm done with his futile efforts to change direction.

I'm done with the way he picks up the ball protecting himself and only on his left side so he can't move on to his right.

I'm done with his handballs that go to grass.

I'm done with him taking kick outs despite only being able to kick 45 metres.

I'm done with his stupid fake hair.

I'm just absolutely done with Jordan Lewis.

Vote. Tell me where you stand. If you're sucked in by the stat padding that invariably occurs when he's a mile from his opponent or even playing 7 defenders then good for you. If you think some of his nice short kicks justify his ongoing selection then let me know.

Personally, I can't have the team playing a guy who will get so badly found out by a good team. I don't see what that achieves? I think we've got 2 really nice rebounding defender options in Hibberd and Salem who whilst not perfect are tough, courageous, pacy and can beat good opponents. They are the guys who should be getting 20 cheap kicks a game and around them we should have defenders who have the ability to actually defend.

R[censored] fool, suppose you gotta blame someone #moron 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

0 impact. How many did he get from playing on from the kick out.

Amongst both teams he had most possessions , equal most marks, and highest number of rebound 50's, all taken care of with a disposal efficiency higher than all but one Collingwood player (who had 3 kicks), and all but 3 of ours. He also spent more time on the ground than any other player out there (94%).

But heh, zero impact.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bing181 said:

Amongst both teams he had most possessions , equal most marks, and highest number of rebound 50's, all taken care of with a disposal efficiency higher than all but one Collingwood player (who had 3 kicks), and all but 3 of ours. He also spent more time on the ground than any other player out there (94%).

But heh, zero impact.

 

Deespencer must have been at another game, Lewis was in our best 5 players today, some ‘supporters’ are fair dinkum dropkicks 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

My grandpa could've played well at half back for the last month.

And he's been dead for 30 years.

Stupid, childish comment DeeSpencer. Maybe you should get out there and bolster our defence. Fair dinkum mate, you sure have Lewis on your hate list. Talk about blaming one guy for our disappointing loss.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Stress
Worried about making mistakes
Pressure
Overwhelming
Overly frustrated

Yeah Tom sure sounded like a confident defender.

Tom is clearly a player with a new found confidence and at the time I made a thread about him he was clearly a player without a lot of confidence.

I stand by it. Just as I'll stand by this one. 

There will be a touch of short term pain against certain sides where Lewis' ability to find and sometimes use the ball will be missed, just as there was short term pain last year without Tom down back. But in the long run we will have defenders who can actually defend and physically compete with the best sides.
 

I'm not sure and i don't care when you started this post; but the fact is Tom is brilliant for us, his brother has improved but still isn't solid. Jordan has played very well most games i've watched. And believe me, i did want Melbourne to draft him. he was a wa#%#r at Hawthorn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, red&blue1982 said:

I'm not sure and i don't care when you started this post; but the fact is Tom is brilliant for us, his brother has improved but still isn't solid. Jordan has played very well most games i've watched. And believe me, i did want Melbourne to draft him. he was a wa#%#r at Hawthorn. 

Unfortunately we need Tom everywhere. The sooner Petty can stand up the better if Frost gets a game before him I will be [censored].

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WERRIDEE said:

Unfortunately we need Tom everywhere. The sooner Petty can stand up the better if Frost gets a game before him I will be [censored].

It's a shame there's only one Tom!

We could of used Frost's pace of the half back line today. Collingwood are quite athletic and Frost is one of our more athletic players.

Good to keep rotation going though. We lost today and people start questioning Goodwin again, where's the phrase for him giving consistent match time to youngsters Spargo and Fritsch? At first i thought that was risky, but i wouldn't remove them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, red&blue1982 said:

It's a shame there's only one Tom!

We could of used Frost's pace of the half back line today. Collingwood are quite athletic and Frost is one of our more athletic players.

Good to keep rotation going though. We lost today and people start questioning Goodwin again, where's the phrase for him giving consistent match time to youngsters Spargo and Fritsch? At first i thought that was risky, but i wouldn't remove them now.

The problem with Frost is he isn't smart and he's out of form down back in the VFL he is behind Keilty, Hutchins and Petty, he played forward against the pies. If I was to give Frost a chance it would be forward replacing Pedo because his pace should pressure Port's backs. If you want a gorilla to play on Dixon I would consider Keilty but I think Petty is a better choice looking into the future. 

Edited by WERRIDEE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

TOM MCDONALD believes a permanent move to the forward line will allow him to play with newfound freedom, with the Melbourne swingman glad to be free of the pressures of defence. 

Following surgery on both of ankles at the end of last season, and integrating into main training in the past month, McDonald said he was relishing his time training at the opposite end of the ground for the first time in his career. 

"I don't know why but it's taken a bit of the stress away from playing footy," McDonald told AFL.com.au

"Sometimes as a defender I was so worried about making mistakes. The pressure that comes with being a full back or centre-half back can be overwhelming at times, and I tend to get overly frustrated with myself and it costs me." 

 

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-12/mcdonald-ready-for-his-crack-up-forward

 

I was paraphrasing but I stand by it. The guy was making mistakes and I'd be pretty sure he meant with the ball more than defensively.

Either way, he's a whole new player as a forward and my point was that Tom openly admits he had issues playing as a defender.

I'd love to find a new position for Lewis but there's no where to hide a plodder these days. Half back is the best option but eventually the time comes from there as well.

Hahaha  hilarious, every defender has stress, a simple mistake can cost a goal

Clutching at straws to make your point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am far from his biggest fan but he wasn’t even close to our worst today. 

Our midfield sucked hardcore today. 18 clearances down. Nothing the backline could do, including Lewis. 

He was ok under enormous pressure. 

The loss today comes down to the midfield group who couldn’t get it and couldn’t use it. How TMac kicked 6 is amazing to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY by Whispering Jack

    When the combatants that are due to face off on Monday night at Optus Stadium last met, it was 11 days after the World Health Organization had declared the Covid19 outbreak a global pandemic. In Australia, the first cases had just come to light, including visiting US actors Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, the toilet paper panic was in full flight and the world was starting to reel in anticipation of impending disaster. Half an hour before this last game of the opening round was due to comme

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...