On 7/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, Engorged Onion said:

is Baker our langdon already in the system?

Ah, No different type of player I feel!!

3 minutes ago, RedLegs23 said:

Probably said this 3 or 4x's already, but this guy is not going to help us improve to the levels we're all hoping for in the future. 

Besides his tank & a bit of pace, i don't see anything else to suggest he's a talented footballer. I really hope we look elsewhere.

Ah Tank and a bit of Pace??? Yeah we have PLENTY OF THOSE!!! NOT!

3 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Ah Tank and a bit of Pace??? Yeah we have PLENTY OF THOSE!!! NOT!

Yeah, no good if you cant kick.

Pass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedLegs23 said:

Yeah, no good if you cant kick.

Pass.

"Well Dont be Sad , coz two outa three aint BAD"

27 minutes ago, picket fence said:

"Well Dont be Sad , coz two outa three aint BAD"

Are we pitching for Meatloaf? New KP forward? Stick him in the guts, I say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

NO! That would be a super deal for us!!😎

yep. see if we can snag Brads brother as a free agent, bring in Sam Gray and Dan Butler to provide some pressure and tackling up forward and have a sniff around for a KPF 

39 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

yep. see if we can snag Brads brother as a free agent, bring in Sam Gray and Dan Butler to provide some pressure and tackling up forward and have a sniff around for a KPF 

Sam Day free agent?

Forward line next season:

HF: Melksham       TMac         Butler

F:    Fritsch             Day             Gray

13 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Sam Day free agent?

Forward line next season:

HF: Melksham       TMac         Butler

F:    Fritsch             Day             Gray

Not sure on Day. if i were in charge i'd move Viney forward, chase Dan Butler and go with 

Melksham    Weideman   Fritsch 

Viney    Mcdonald    Petracca and have Butler rotate through to provide extra pressure 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, Jaded said:

We can’t trade our first round pick this year. The only option is if we trade pick 3 for 2 picks, one within the first round, then on trade the other pick. 

We must use a first round selection this year, unless the rules have changed? 

You should know that rules in the AFL are always subject to interpretation.

• Like 1

Ralph reported on Tuesday night that the Demons would likely land the midfielder, who’s averaged a career-high 25.9 disposals and played all 17 games to date this season.

“Ed Langdon will get to the Melbourne Football Club,” Ralph said.

“He loves Ross Lyon and Ross loves him, but he just wants to be closer to his family.”

I'm sure Mahoney will sell the farm for him, seeya later pick 2 lol. The other week he had 30 odd disposals with only 8 being effective if I read right, he should slot in nicely with our meat and potato butchers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, SFebes said:

I'm sure Mahoney will sell the farm for him, seeya later pick 2 lol. The other week he had 30 odd disposals with only 8 being effective if I read right, he should slot in nicely with our meat and potato butchers 

Yep Steve another potential MFC player who doesn't hurt the oppostion.

That is how we play footy isnt it? Plenty of the ball, plenty of players contesting, plenty of tackles but zero effect.

Like Ollie and a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if opposition teams cared  how many contested possies our players get. The more we get the more we are likely to turn it over. It is not like we are going to turn our I50s into goal is it. So yes let's spend up big on Langdon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Not sure on Day. if i were in charge i'd move Viney forward, chase Dan Butler and go with 

Melksham    Weideman   Fritsch 

Viney    Mcdonald    Petracca and have Butler rotate through to provide extra pressure 

Viney cant kick and is no forward. Sorry but JV in my view is a limited footballer

We've been after Langdon for (at least) 3 years, if he's keen, I think we'll snare him.

Bit of negativity on him recently, but the kid can play and still has his best years ahead of him.

• Like 3

So, what or whom would we likely give up for Ed?

Even our 2nd rounder is looking too early as a straight swap.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

pick 21 or whatever it is for Langdon and their third round pick. something like that. or upgrade our 4th to their third. 

I'd be going all out to get Brad Hill as well. the dream result would be to sign Hill, Langdon and keep 2 to use on Anderson. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:01 PM, olisik said:

An outside mid who can’t kick? So what exactly are we getting here?

An outside mid who cant kick.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how we would might Brad Hill. Is he a FA or would we have to trade for him? Just curious.

15 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Can someone tell me how we would might Brad Hill. Is he a FA or would we have to trade for him? Just curious.

He's contracted.  His brother will be coming out of contract and will be a free agent, but he is more often injured than not lately.

Just now, grazman said:

He's contracted.  His brother will be coming out of contract and will be a free agent, but he is more often injured than not lately.

So we would have to trade for him. What can we give for him being that we need to use first pick?

12 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

So we would have to trade for him. What can we give for him being that we need to use first pick?

The first thing to understand is that the players now have the whip hand when it comes to deals.  If Brad Hill would rather go to the Hawks or Saints (as speculated in the media) then it doesn't matter what we would give up because it just won't happen.  I've seen nothing to suggest we're even in the frame for him in terms of destination - other than we might be interested.

2 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Langdon finished fourth in their B&F last year and will probably finish top five this year.  I would think our second round pick is about right... and given the report by Jon Ralph you would assume an in-principle deal with them may already have been reached... not that that sort of thing goes on in the AFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grazman said:

The first thing to understand is that the players now have the whip hand when it comes to deals.  If Brad Hill would rather go to the Hawks or Saints (as speculated in the media) then it doesn't matter what we would give up because it just won't happen.  I've seen nothing to suggest we're even in the frame for him in terms of destination - other than we might be interested.

Yep, that all makes sense. But lets say we were interested.. how does our football department orchestrate a deal and trade for Brad Hill if for interest sake we offered a great contract and good terms that would be enticing for him? is is it Angus Brayshaw for Brad Hill (and sweetener) is it a Future first rounder.. just want spit ball it, because i see alot of posts saying Brad Hill is exactly what we need..

Our current wing options:

Fritsch 69% kicking efficiency (KE), turnovers 3.8  Metres Gained  330  Score Involvements 3.8 Contested Possesion rate 31.7
C Wagner 60.5% KE turnovers 3.2 MG 193  SI 4 CP 40.3
Stretch 65.8 % DE turnovers 2.6 MG 268 SI 3.6 CP 33.1
Baker 61.7 % DE turnovers 4.2 MG 333 SI 3.5 CP 26.8

Not metioned: KK and Vanders - both chronic injuries

Langdon 58.9% KE, turnovers 4.6 Metres gained 412  SI 4.1  Contested Possession rate 30.2
Brad Hill 60.3% turnover 5.2  MG 481  SI 5.8  Contested possessions 22.2

Is Langdon a good kick - no, is his kicking efficiency and turnover rate significantly worse than other guys in his position - no. 

Here's a list of wingmen who have a higher average metres gained than him this year: Whitfield, Hill, Henderson, Smith, Atkins, Robinson, Fiorini and just Polec. He's ahead of Tom Phillips, Sheed, McCluggage, Hunter, Billings, Seedsman, Duncan and so on.

He won't solve all our problems but having a wingman who can cover off defensively and then run and get the ball moving will make life so much easier for our half backs and inside midfielders. His hard running at speed more than makes up for his kicking limitations and I really think he'd make a nice compliment for Fritsch and Baker as a wing/forward rotation.

• Like 3