Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Alex Rance

dieter

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

If true I will retract  my previous defense.

Twas Rance who stuck his knee out and ended Smiths year with what can be a really serious and life-threatening injury. From memory a free kick wasn't even paid, just play on etc. Rance is the definition of thuggish scum on-field. Not since the 80's has there been such weak thuggery out there, yet no-one seems to mention it and he's considered a golden boy. Absolute madness!

8 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I want Tim Smith back in the side, for the next game against the Tigers. That really lousy knee was typical of the hypocrite.

It'd be great for T Smith to be in the team again next time we play Richmond. Set him the task of playing a negating role on Rance, instruct him to be hard on him physically and whatever happens, happens ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

I want Tim Smith back in the side, for the next game against the Tigers. That really lousy knee was typical of the hypocrite.

Does anyone who is clever enough to make those gifs (or whatever) have access to this incident?  I must say I don't remember the detail.

Richo was having a rant on AW about Rance being called a diver on the socials. It was funny to read all the comments having a go at Rance, with only a small percentage defending him. Guess who all the defenders barracked for. That's right, the Tiggers. Richo, Tiggers fans, Mandy Rice Davies comes to mind: well, they would say that.

Rance clearly dived against Essendon. And while his dive was less pronounced against Port, it was interesting that he was nudged sideways, but then went flying forwards.

• Like 5

For a bit of balance... Yes Rance is a diver and is overrated...

What I can't stand though is how Tigers supporters have him past SOS and Scarlett as the best KP defenders. He's not even close to either.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

For a bit of balance... Yes Rance is a diver and is overrated...

What I can't stand though is how Tigers supporters have him past SOS and Scarlett as the best KP defenders. He's not even close to either.

Agree. Those defenders stood their ground against bulls of forwards, Rance is average one on one and gets taken out of a contest far too easily. I refer to muscle like his as ‘pretty muscle’ because it’s all for show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Tea said:

Richo was having a rant on AW about Rance being called a diver on the socials. It was funny to read all the comments having a go at Rance, with only a small percentage defending him. Guess who all the defenders barracked for. That's right, the Tiggers. Richo, Tiggers fans, Mandy Rice Davies comes to mind: well, they would say that.

Rance clearly dived against Essendon. And while his dive was less pronounced against Port, it was interesting that he was nudged sideways, but then went flying forwards.

just lucky he wasn't wearing a cape at the time.... That greatest of Tiger Hero's. ?

maybe he isn't a diver, maybe :ph34r: ; maybe he's clumsy ?

lets study his form, to see

?

38 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Agree. Those defenders stood their ground against bulls of forwards, Rance is average one on one and gets taken out of a contest far too easily. I refer to muscle like his as ‘pretty muscle’ because it’s all for show. 

I would have loved to been able to see him play on David Schwartz in full flight.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:06 PM, leave it to deever said:

Twas nothing though compared to buggs actions last year. Rance stages dives but hes not alone. Hes certainly not dirtiest player around....... Not by a mile.

He is a quality player with a few flaws. The level of vitriol here imho is out of proportion. 

Mate, watch the footage of the Bugg hit and it's clear he didn't mean it.  Mills was hitting him to the body from behind and he threw one back and both were unlucky with where it landed. Bugg had nothing to gain from knocking him out, there was no aggro at all. He didn't even realise he'd knocked him putt till he turned back around. 

The footage is entirely consistent with his statement in the article:

"Callum Mills hit me from behind again and I went to hit him back. I can honestly say I went to hit him to the chest … "

Bugg's action was nowhere neat as bad as Rance's, who made a conscious and cowardly choice to elbow a layer in the back of the head, while prone, simply because he lost the contest. Nothing about Rance's act was accidental, there was no provocation. 

Edited by deanox
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2018 at 11:14 PM, Deemented Are Go! said:

876FCED3-803E-4159-8247-87F0CC28C089.jpeg

And when Jack put the fear of God into that p***k, the commentators were sure to emphasize,

'Viney has cause to be worried with the square up!'

And some people had the cheek to claim to boo Adam Goodes for being a 'stager and sniper' yet seem content with Rance's weekly belly flops.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

9 hours ago, deanox said:

Mate, watch the footage of the Bugg hit and it's clear he didn't mean it.  Mills was hitting him to the body from behind and he threw one back and both were unlucky with where it landed. Bugg had nothing to gain from knocking him out, there was no aggro at all. He didn't even realise he'd knocked him putt till he turned back around. 

The footage is entirely consistent with his statement in the article:

"Callum Mills hit me from behind again and I went to hit him back. I can honestly say I went to hit him to the chest … "

Bugg's action was nowhere neat as bad as Rance's, who made a conscious and cowardly choice to elbow a layer in the back of the head, while prone, simply because he lost the contest. Nothing about Rance's act was accidental, there was no provocation. 

Agreed it was a low act but jw wasnt hit hard. Tb used dangerous force. Tbs act isnt the worst but again rances hit on  jw wasnt that bad. Just curious about so many vitriolic comments here. When I played footy we would get whacked all the time. Its a tough sport.  Dont codone violence but rances jw hit wasnt anything to get so angry about.

Edited by leave it to deever

16 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Agreed it was a low act but jw wasnt hit hard. Tb used dangerous force. Tbs act isnt the worst but again rances hit on  jw wasnt that bad. Just curious about so many vitriolic comments here. When I played footy we would get whacked all the time. Its a tough sport.  Dont codone violence but rances jw hit wasnt anything to get so angry about.

It was an elbow, to the back of the head, to a guy lying on the ground unable to defend himself. 

It is the single most cowardly thing I have ever seen happen on an AFL field. 

It had potential to cause serious harm (in the vein of Phil Hughes).

It was an act perpetrated purely because he lost a contest, and had nothing to do with any physical provocation at all.

Dirty act of the highest order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deanox said:

It was an elbow, to the back of the head, to a guy lying on the ground unable to defend himself. 

It was an act perpetrated purely because he lost a contest, and had nothing to do with any physical provocation at all.

Why the huge disparity in penalty? 

^^

Agree   I have already alluded to The Phil Hughes injury, and the AFL were pissweak in their response to this cowardly and very dangerous  act

Bible bashing is his private matter: occipital bashing is not. 

2 minutes ago, monoccular said:

^^

Agree   I have already alluded to The Phil Hughes injury, and the AFL were pissweak in their response to this cowardly and very dangerous  act

And there we have it.......bible bashing.

Two reasons in my opinion:

1) the AFL are toofocused on "outcome" of an act not the act itself. Bugg was penalised because he happened to knock him out, regardless of his intent or the actual consequence/ risk.  See the NikNat suspension as an example of this. 

2) Bugg was a no name that everyone hates anyway: he was seen as a low skilled pest. Rance is a golden boy of the media and the AFL. Apparently clean cut, he gets the "Brock Turner" defence of being a "great" guy, lauded for his football ability and thus given the benefit of the doubt that "this was just frustration" and not typical behavior.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, monoccular said:

^^

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

And there we have it.......bible bashing.

And there we have what? 

His religious private life is part of the reason he gets lauded as being a great player and a good person, but his on field actions including punching, kneeing, diving and a lot of whinging/complaining are all very "unchristian" behaviours. They are hypocritical in fact.  I hope he uses his religion as a way to try and better himself, and improve the behaviours but the implication that because he practices a religion he is a good person is rubbish.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, deanox said:

I am particularly keen to know which of my statements toy actually disagree with?

The Media gave Bugg 6 weeks, as soon as the blow was struck they agreed that a penalty of 6 weeks was appropriate and the "Jury went along for the ride".

In view of penalties over the last 10 years, it was excessive to the point of obscenity. Houli got 2, which was doubled on appeal to 4, for knocking a player out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dante said:

The Media gave Bugg 6 weeks, as soon as the blow was struck they agreed that a penalty of 6 weeks was appropriate and the "Jury went along for the ride".

In view of penalties over the last 10 years, it was excessive to the point of obscenity. Houli got 2, which was doubled on appeal to 4, for knocking a player out.

and let's not forget trenners getting 4 weeks for the 1st mrp sling tackle on dangermouse (who kicked 5 the next week)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, deanox said:

Anyone who thinks Rance's hit to jack Watts last year was worse than T Bugg's hit on Callum MIlls is on drugs and anyone who claims its the most cowardly thing they have seen on an AFL field has watched no more than 4 games. You might want to post sober.

3 hours ago, deanox said:

And there we have what? 

His religious private life is part of the reason he gets lauded as being a great player and a good person, but his on field actions including punching, kneeing, diving and a lot of whinging/complaining are all very "unchristian" behaviours. They are hypocritical in fact.  I hope he uses his religion as a way to try and better himself, and improve the behaviours but the implication that because he practices a religion he is a good person is rubbish.

Do you really think the media hails him as a good bloke because of his religion. I seriously doubt it because in my view the media is very much anti church or religion in this seculiar day and age. For you to suggest he is unchristian and should use his religion to change repeals any impartiality on your part. I get it you dont like the bloke. Im not fond of his work either. But as you say his religion is private so lets not mention it and certainly the delusion hes liked because of it. I would suggest its much the other way around.

12 minutes ago, emblem for me said:

Anyone who thinks Rance's hit to jack Watts last year was worse than T Bugg's hit on Callum MIlls is on drugs and anyone who claims its the most cowardly thing they have seen on an AFL field has watched no more than 4 games. You might want to post sober.

Cool story bro.

I've given a pretty good examples and justification for my thoughts, but you've given nothing but insults. 

Why not give some examples of more cowardly acts?

Why not debate my points about why Rance was worse?

Just now, deanox said:

Cool story bro.

I've given a pretty good examples and justification for my thoughts, but you've given nothing but insults. 

Why not give some examples of more cowardly acts?

Why not debate my points about why Rance was worse?

Cool story bro?????

Because as you so clearly pointed out Rance's hit (your words) was the worse thing you have ever seen.

How do you rationally debate someone who is so emotive and devoid of reason?

36 minutes ago, emblem for me said:

Cool story bro?????

Because as you so clearly pointed out Rance's hit (your words) was the worse thing you have ever seen.

How do you rationally debate someone who is so emotive and devoid of reason?

You took a number of shots at me, dismissing me out of hand as being "on drugs". But you have provided no actual statements of your own to contribute, other than disagreeing with me. Why don't you try putting something worthwhile out there to counter my statements?

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Do you really think the media hails him as a good bloke because of his religion. I seriously doubt it because in my view the media is very much anti church or religion in this seculiar day and age. For you to suggest he is unchristian and should use his religion to change repeals any impartiality on your part. I get it you dont like the bloke. Im not fond of his work either. But as you say his religion is private so lets not mention it and certainly the delusion hes liked because of it. I would suggest its much the other way around.

Yeah I do.  A lot was made of Alex and Georgia's commitment to their religion and the possibility of him quiting football to play a more activity role in ministry was discussed. He raised the topic publicly in interviews and speeches, this isn't anything I dug up from his private life.

Imo in general the media considers religious people to be upstanding with good morals, but rightly judges them against these morals when they transgress, especially when in a position of authority or leadership (ie a politician or a community leader, and I note Rance is neither).

I don't understand your statement "For you to suggest he is unchristian and should use his religion to change repeals any impartiality on your part.".

I see no lack of impartiality, please highlight it if it exists. I think my comment is pretty clear: I'm not anti religion, but I view his on-field behavior as going against Christian teachings, and therefore I hope he can learn from those and improve his behaviour and actions.  Continuous cheating (diving) and cheap aggressive acts (kneeing and punching to the back of the head) are characteristically "unchristian".

I appreciate that you seem to think TB's hit was worse based on force.  I think the lack of provocation and the intentional nature of ARs act makes it worse. 

• Like 1