Changes v Collingwood

Chelly

In the event that none of the injuries come up

In -  Frost,  Balic,  Weideman

Out - Lever, Smith, Melksham (all injured)

Cant see Melk missing though, he came back on and looked fine.

Balic has never played a  senior game TMK. He's played 2-3 ok games for Casey.

Not ready yet by a long shot.

As others have pointed out Harmes played in Lever's role after the injury.

Perhaps leave Harmes in Lever's spot and bring in Stretch... (he was BOG for Casey again today)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Balic has never played a  senior game TMK. He's played 2-3 ok games for Casey.

Not ready yet by a long shot.

As others have pointed out Harmes played in Lever's role after the injury.

Perhaps leave Harmes in Lever's spot and bring in Stretch... (he was BOG for Casey again today)

Not sure I'm willing to give Fumbles another game just yet.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, danielE288 said:

Not sure I'm willing to give Fumbles another game just yet.

Groan, Stretch is not up to it! 

HUNT, GARLETT AND BALLIC before him!

• Like 1

I have a feeling Wagner will be recalled as it sounds like he was the best defender. I don't see the need for a loose interceptor however if they do decide to go with that I think Fritsch will play that role as he has strong hands and a bit of height. harmes is too small to play as a loose man. potentially even Tim Smith back as a left field option.

6 minutes ago, brendan said:

Just ventured over to the filth bigfooty board, my god not sure why bunch of morons I hope we smash them by 100 

Same, but I reckon they’re the best side we’ve come up against since Richmond way back in round 5. Still confident of a win, but I reckon the thrashings will be shelved for the time being.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Same, but I reckon they’re the best side we’ve come up against since Richmond way back in round 5. 

By far.   Unfortunately they are playing very well and have some dangerous players in red hot form.

This game is massive...  if we beat/smash them, especially with Lever out, the lid is well and truly off.

Edited by Petraccattack

3 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Collingwood punished Fremantle’s turnovers today. In: whoever is less likely to turn over the ball.

So Tyson and Bugg are not in then?

• Shocked 1

Who are the forward talls for Collingwood other than Mason Cox?

Also ... if Lever wasn't manning up over the last few weeks unlike when he was doing that (not very well )in the first few games did that mean the other teams didn't have as many talls as the Pies.

Just trying to understand the game dynamics.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Can’t for the life of me how Garlett has done enough since going back to Casey to justify another game. Goes against everything Goodwin is about.

Well it’s Balic or Stretch then in that case, I know who I’d prefer

• Shocked 1

Question for those with a bit of training session knowledge, which player/s were being groomed as intercept defender depth? We now know that Adelaide had Doedee learning the craft in the reserves, and he's come in and had an impact already. We're obviously well behind the eight ball, but who are the prime candidates who spend the most time learning the same role as Lever with the defensive coach?

Edited by John Demonic

7 minutes ago, SFebey said:

In: Garlett.

to play Harmes role as he slots into Levers.

Harmes is a strong bodied player. Garlett is not in that mould. Perhaps JG has done just enough but I don't see it as like for like.

Also Garlett requires space in the forward line... Not sure that's part of the present game plan which is perhaps more a strong bodied push it forward game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Since when does the Coach decide the team and not DL?

That.s right; they come along here to find the creativity to implement into the structures.  Just like the media does, hutchy, ch-7, ch-9, even Sam & E'd.

Just now, chook fowler said:

I think Melksham will get up but with 3 recent BOGs and still only 21 I would much prefer Stretch.

I like Billy and I think he was unlucky to be dropped last year but he has some serious rabbit in the headlights issues going on this year. For his speed and tank, he never takes the game on, insisting on spinning around in circles like taz devil. It’s a real issue.

2 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Question for those with a bit of training session knowledge, which player/s were being groomed as intercept defender depth? We now know that Adelaide had Doedee learning the craft in the reserves, and he's come in and had an impact already. We're obviously well behind the eight ball, but who are the prime candidates who spend the most time learning from Lever?

I suppose it's Petty but he's a long way from ready

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.