Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jason Taylor Resume

Dr.D

Its interesting to look back on the 2016 draft. Still too early to tell how its going to turn out as the majority of players are still only finding their feet, but its clear that we didnt rate it.

Traded out our best 2 picks and picked up 3 VFL players, 1 Speculative Small Fwd and 1 Speculative Ruck

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BAMF said:

What makes you think we would have taken Billings? Roos was big on big bodied midfielders at the time and I once pointed out that we might have taken the Bont.

@Vogon Poetry had a very good theory that we would have taken Sharenberg at 3. Cant quite remember why he thought that, but it had me convinced.

Roos said publicly we would’ve taken Billing’s from memory 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr.D said:

I think it's time this guy starts getting some recognition. Recruiting managers are vital to the prospect of winning a flag so lets have a look at it.  Keeping in mind that it's easier to get the right pick with higher picks but as we all know you can still get them wrong (Cale Morton, Watts, Tapscott, Strauss, Blease, Maric etc.). Since Jason Taylor joined Melbourne he got off to a rocky start with a bar fight on an overseas footy trip but since has done the following (along with some help of Josh Mahoney at the trade table): 

Brought in: Salem, Hunt, Tyson,  Harmes, Garlett, Frost, Petracca, Brayshaw, Lewis, Hibberd, Neal-Bullen, Oscar Mcdonald, Melksham, Oliver, Hannan, Fritsch, Spargo and Joel Smith.
Potential Misses: Kennedy-harris, Stretch, Weideman, Mitch King, Hullett, Dion Johnstone, Oscar baker. 

Here is his breakdown: 
2013 AFL Draft:
Traded Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for  Pick 9 and Dom Tyson.
Pick 9: Salem
Players before him:  Kolodjashnij, Aish, Luke mcdonald, Scharenberg.
Players after Salem who we could've taken: Cripps, Zac Jones, Acres, Matt Crouch,  Zac Merrett, Rory Lobb, Nankervis, Barrass, Ben Brown, Fantasia, Sicily. 

Pick 40: Jay Kennedy Harris
Seems to be a bust so far. I actually like him the most times I've seen him but for whatever reason he hasn't made the grade yet. 

Pick 57: Jayden Hunt
Players after Hunt: No successful picks after Hunt.

Rookie Draft: James Harmes
Players available after Harmes: Charlie Cameron and Jake Kelly were the only good rookie selections in that years rookie draft. A lot of busts.  

Draft grading: B 
Salem, Hunt, Harmes and Tyson are all best 22 players with Hunt just out of form and Tyson always having divided supporters. Overall, I think it was a mistake to trade pick 2 but his choices of Hunt and Harmes brought his grading back up. 

2014 AFL draft:
Brought in Jeff Garlett for pick 61 and 79.
Brought in Sam Frost and pick 40 and 53 for the loss of Pick 23

Pick 2: Christian Petracca
Proving to be a gun. Needs to work on his kicking but his overhead marking and spark around the contest is invaluable.  Thankfully Stkilda took Mccartin at 1. 

Pick 3: Angus Brayshaw
Took a while to get going with his concussions but is now proving his worth as an inside mid.

Pick 40: Alex Neal-Bullen
I love this guy. Is a competitor and works really hard. 
Pick 42: Billy Stretch. An outside player who can find the footy. Not a bad depth player.  His kicking needs work but he could become a decent wingman if given the opportunity.  
Pick 53: Oscar Mcdonald: I thought the idea of another McDonald down back would give me a heart condition. His first season and a half was very rocky and his decision making and skills were very ordinary but his confidence is growing and even though he is capable of being a bit slow in mind and pushed off the ball too easily he is playing well this season and making the easy options.

Rookie Draft:
Pick 2: Vandenberg
Pick 20: Mitch White

Draft grading: A
Got most of the picks right. Garlett has been a gun for us since being recruited and Oscar Mcdonald is progressing well. 

2015 AFL draft
Brought in Melksham for pick 25
Brought in pick 3, 10 and 43 for pick 6, 29 and following years first round pick

2015 AFL draft
Pick 4: Clayton Oliver
Taylor did place a bid on Sydney swan academy player Callum Mills but Sydney thankfully matched. 

Pick 9: Sam Weideman
Pick 42: Mitch King
Pick 46: Liam Hullett

Rookie Draft:
Pick 6: Wagner
pick 24: Viv Mitchie
Pick 41: Joel Smith

If it wasn't for Oliver I would've given this about a C but he got Oliver right and he's going to be a 300 gamer. He was a draft bolter with not as much exposure so it was a great choice. Especially considering the top 10 that year does not look strong: Schache, Aaron Francis, Ah Chee, Weideman and Weitering.  And whilst Parish would have been tempting he hasn't set the world on fire. 

2016 AFL draft: 
Brought in Jordan Lewis for next to nothing
Brought in Michael Hibberd for next to nothing

Pick 46: Mitch Hannan
Pick 64: Dion Johnstone

Rookie Draft: 

Pick 8: Lachlan Filipovic
Pick 25: Tim Smith

Draft Grading: A

I'm giving this an A due to the trading and also for the selection of Mitch Hannan who i rate highly.  Also, the first round pick we traded to boost up the draft the previous year were used on Will Brodie.

2017 AFL Draft:
Brought in Jake Lever for the loss of 2 first round picks
Got rid of Watts for pick 31 who was used on Fritsch
Harley Balic for pick 66.

Pick 29: Charlie Spargo
Pick 31: Bailey Fritsch
Pick 37: Harrison Petty
Pick 48: Oscar Baker

Lever is going to be great for us for a long time despite the rocky start. Spargo is proving to be tough and smart with the ball and an accurate kick for goal. Fristch was brought in for Jack Watts which I think should have been given an A+ on that trade alone. I don't want to turn this into a Watts thread but Fritsch is already a far better player than Watts and shows that having a small frame is never an excuse for not attacking the ball or man. Fritsch has complimented our forward line in his first season at the club. 

Did you ever ponder, that the bar fight may have helped him and us, in righting our playing list?

7 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Hibbert was not brought in "for next to nothing". He cost us a 2nd rounder (and a swap of later picks). A few good players were taken at that point or later in the draft, such as Tom Stewart for Geelong and Jack Graham/Shai Bolton for Richmond. Of course, none with the experience of Hibberd, but they look to be handy players (arguably). 

Happy to have Pig with us. Some on Demonland thought a 2nd rounder was too much!

We didn't want to give the cheating scum a pick like that, for anyone. Just because they are what they are.

• 1 month later...

2 genuine busts there.

Kennedy Harris when we could have had Ben Brown.

Hulett when we could have had Menegola.

Still don't think the Kelly trade was a bust Salem is playing good footy unfortunately Tyson isn't.

4 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

2 genuine busts there.

Still don't think the Kelly trade was a bust Salem is playing good footy unfortunately Tyson isn't.

Ben Brown was obviously going to be a star from the first game I ever saw him play. People gave him [censored] for looking like the Hamburgler. All I could think was "North are onto something here."

Edited by Chook
  • Like 3

On 5/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, Dr.D said:

I think it's time this guy starts getting some recognition. Recruiting managers are vital to the prospect of winning a flag so lets have a look at it.  Keeping in mind that it's easier to get the right pick with higher picks but as we all know you can still get them wrong (Cale Morton, Watts, Tapscott, Strauss, Blease, Maric etc.). Since Jason Taylor joined Melbourne he got off to a rocky start with a bar fight on an overseas footy trip but since has done the following (along with some help of Josh Mahoney at the trade table): 

Brought in: Salem, Hunt, Tyson,  Harmes, Garlett, Frost, Petracca, Brayshaw, Lewis, Hibberd, Neal-Bullen, Oscar Mcdonald, Melksham, Oliver, Hannan, Fritsch, Spargo and Joel Smith.
Potential Misses: Kennedy-harris, Stretch, Weideman, Mitch King, Hullett, Dion Johnstone, Oscar baker. 

Here is his breakdown: 
2013 AFL Draft:
Traded Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for  Pick 9 and Dom Tyson.
Pick 9: Salem
Players before him:  Kolodjashnij, Aish, Luke mcdonald, Scharenberg.
Players after Salem who we could've taken: Cripps, Zac Jones, Acres, Matt Crouch,  Zac Merrett, Rory Lobb, Nankervis, Barrass, Ben Brown, Fantasia, Sicily. 

Pick 40: Jay Kennedy Harris
Seems to be a bust so far. I actually like him the most times I've seen him but for whatever reason he hasn't made the grade yet. 

Pick 57: Jayden Hunt
Players after Hunt: No successful picks after Hunt.

Rookie Draft: James Harmes
Players available after Harmes: Charlie Cameron and Jake Kelly were the only good rookie selections in that years rookie draft. A lot of busts.  

Draft grading: B 
Salem, Hunt, Harmes and Tyson are all best 22 players with Hunt just out of form and Tyson always having divided supporters. Overall, I think it was a mistake to trade pick 2 but his choices of Hunt and Harmes brought his grading back up. 

2014 AFL draft:
Brought in Jeff Garlett for pick 61 and 79.
Brought in Sam Frost and pick 40 and 53 for the loss of Pick 23

Pick 2: Christian Petracca
Proving to be a gun. Needs to work on his kicking but his overhead marking and spark around the contest is invaluable.  Thankfully Stkilda took Mccartin at 1. 

Pick 3: Angus Brayshaw
Took a while to get going with his concussions but is now proving his worth as an inside mid.

Pick 40: Alex Neal-Bullen
I love this guy. Is a competitor and works really hard. 
Pick 42: Billy Stretch. An outside player who can find the footy. Not a bad depth player.  His kicking needs work but he could become a decent wingman if given the opportunity.  
Pick 53: Oscar Mcdonald: I thought the idea of another McDonald down back would give me a heart condition. His first season and a half was very rocky and his decision making and skills were very ordinary but his confidence is growing and even though he is capable of being a bit slow in mind and pushed off the ball too easily he is playing well this season and making the easy options.

Rookie Draft:
Pick 2: Vandenberg
Pick 20: Mitch White

Got most of the picks right. Garlett has been a gun for us since being recruited and Oscar Mcdonald is progressing well. 

2015 AFL draft
Brought in Melksham for pick 25
Brought in pick 3, 10 and 43 for pick 6, 29 and following years first round pick

2015 AFL draft
Pick 4: Clayton Oliver
Taylor did place a bid on Sydney swan academy player Callum Mills but Sydney thankfully matched. 

Pick 9: Sam Weideman
Pick 42: Mitch King
Pick 46: Liam Hullett

Rookie Draft:
Pick 6: Wagner
pick 24: Viv Mitchie
Pick 41: Joel Smith

If it wasn't for Oliver I would've given this about a C but he got Oliver right and he's going to be a 300 gamer. He was a draft bolter with not as much exposure so it was a great choice. Especially considering the top 10 that year does not look strong: Schache, Aaron Francis, Ah Chee, Weideman and Weitering.  And whilst Parish would have been tempting he hasn't set the world on fire. 

2016 AFL draft: 
Brought in Jordan Lewis for next to nothing
Brought in Michael Hibberd for next to nothing

Pick 46: Mitch Hannan
Pick 64: Dion Johnstone

Rookie Draft: 

Pick 8: Lachlan Filipovic
Pick 25: Tim Smith

Draft Grading: A

I'm giving this an A due to the trading and also for the selection of Mitch Hannan who i rate highly.  Also, the first round pick we traded to boost up the draft the previous year were used on Will Brodie.

2017 AFL Draft:
Brought in Jake Lever for the loss of 2 first round picks
Got rid of Watts for pick 31 who was used on Fritsch
Harley Balic for pick 66.

Pick 29: Charlie Spargo
Pick 31: Bailey Fritsch
Pick 37: Harrison Petty
Pick 48: Oscar Baker

Lever is going to be great for us for a long time despite the rocky start. Spargo is proving to be tough and smart with the ball and an accurate kick for goal. Fristch was brought in for Jack Watts which I think should have been given an A+ on that trade alone. I don't want to turn this into a Watts thread but Fritsch is already a far better player than Watts and shows that having a small frame is never an excuse for not attacking the ball or man. Fritsch has complimented our forward line in his first season at the club. 

Great analysis, thank you.

Every single club has those coulda-woulda-shoulda moments. If a club manages to find some absolute jet at a pick in the 40s, it usually means every club has passed on him at least once, including the one that took him. You might say “we could have had Cripps/Brown/Whoever” - but so could just about everyone.

There will always be wins and busts in the draft. Taylor’s strikerate is as good as anyone’s. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

2 genuine busts there.

Menagola wasn't on anyone's radar kicking dew around the WAFL. Geelong scouted him and got him. Well done. But in reality we got Fritsch in similar circumstances. 

Ben Brown had an unspectacular junior career and North took a chance on him as a 21 year old. He'd been playing more as a ruck and was only the season before he was drafted that he switched to a key forward. Again, see Fritsch.

Hulett didn't make, but he was a fourth round pick based on needs moreso than best available. Similarly, it's a bit of a stretch to call a bloke who's played 30 games across 4 seasons taken a pick 40 a bust. There's plenty taken in the third round that play precisely 0 AFL games. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

2 genuine busts there.

Could have, would have, should have.

Yes, recruiting isn’t a science and certainly not a precise one.

But geez he has found some beauties 

The biggest problem with Taylor is his obsession with drafting / recruiting small and medium sized forwards at the expense of genuine midfielders. Tyson is pretty much the only midfielder we have at Casey, so we are in a world of trouble if we lose another midfielder to injury in the next month. Oliver was the last midfielder we brought in and that was almost three years ago. I think we should be taking a midfielder in every draft. Other than that, and the Weideman debacle, he has done a very good job.

5 minutes ago, poita said:

The biggest problem with Taylor is his obsession with drafting / recruiting small and medium sized forwards at the expense of genuine midfielders. Tyson is pretty much the only midfielder we have at Casey, so we are in a world of trouble if we lose another midfielder to injury in the next month. Oliver was the last midfielder we brought in and that was almost three years ago. I think we should be taking a midfielder in every draft. Other than that, and the Weideman debacle, he has done a very good job.

my particular jury is out whether it is 'debacle' at this stage... 

48 minutes ago, poita said:

eh?

tyson, toumpas (failure), viney, oliver, brayshaw - all 'pure' mids

and weideman is NOT a debacle

Taylor has overall done a good job and his meal ticket resides with upgrading Clayton Oliver and making him a priority even to the extent of encouraging the pre-draft trade to get pick 3 prior to Essendon - otherwise we may have had to take Parish (another Jimmy Toumpas type).

But as has been pointed out, the trades are not really his decision, he would no doubt be consulted heavily over them, but the coach has a bigger say in those choices and obviously with Melky and Hibberd it was on the basis that Goody wanted them big time.

But my main point is that while Tubby Taylor has done a fine job with choosing mids (Vanders, ANB and now Spargo have been inspired picks), he has so far has been bereft of talent when judging bigs.

Some will argue he chose Oscar Mc, but he was also under pressure to go with him and showed his hand on how keen he was when he went ANB before him. Plenty of others came about because of connections - Stretch, Joel Smith, Fritsch, Tim Smith, Keilty  - not because of his astute judgment and my understanding is that Goody loved Hannan's game in the VFL GF two years ago and told him to make him a priority.

But so far the bigs have been a disaster and even allowing for the late development that comes with taller units, most will stay that way.

I have noticed a major improvement in Weid's agility this year and at times he now moves like a midfielder, so I have not given up on him yet, although clearly we missed an opportunity to take Charlie Curnow that year and misread the tea leaves on the way key forwards were going.

1 hour ago, poita said:

You are aware that Angus, Christian P, VDB, ANB, Salem, Harmes and Stretch are all midfielders that we chose in recent years on top of Michie and Tyson and Baker.

What has happened is that because we now have such midfield depth, that several players have had to be moved out of the middle to try and get a game. Salem has been sent down back, ANB has had to make it as a running forward and Vanders likewise, while Tyson has had to play wing in AFL this season.

Please do more research before strong statements!

• Love 1

1st round picks:
Salem, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Weideman

2nd round picks:
ANB, Spargo, Fritsch, Petty

3rd/4th round picks:
JKH, Hunt, Stretch, Oscar, Mitch King, Hulett, Hannan, Johnstone, Baker

Notable Rookies:
Harmes, Vanders, Wagner, T Smith, Maynard, J Smith

I'm a big Salem fan and Gus is right back in form so I'd say he nailed 4 of his 5 first rounders. Recruiters have to do that to keep their jobs.

ANB was the last pick of the 2nd round. We really traded out lots of 2nd rounders to get immediate improvement. Roos was big on that with the deals for Tyson, Frost, Vince and it continued with Meklsham and Hibberd. I'd give ANB a tick, although not a big one. Spargo and Fritsch have been excellent and are signs of a recruiter showing what he can do with those important picks. I was really glad we went after getting a couple of 2nd round picks back in this year, especially after giving up the two first rounders.

Later rounds of the draft haven't delivered as much, although some of that is targeted recruiting. Hunt can still be a star, Oscar can make a reliable full back and then it's about finding bits and pieces with the other picks.

46 minutes ago, Deespicable said:

Taylor has overall done a good job and his meal ticket resides with upgrading Clayton Oliver and making him a priority even to the extent of encouraging the pre-draft trade to get pick 3 prior to Essendon - otherwise we may have had to take Parish (another Jimmy Toumpas type).

But as has been pointed out, the trades are not really his decision, he would no doubt be consulted heavily over them, but the coach has a bigger say in those choices and obviously with Melky and Hibberd it was on the basis that Goody wanted them big time.

But my main point is that while Tubby Taylor has done a fine job with choosing mids (Vanders, ANB and now Spargo have been inspired picks), he has so far has been bereft of talent when judging bigs.

Some will argue he chose Oscar Mc, but he was also under pressure to go with him and showed his hand on how keen he was when he went ANB before him. Plenty of others came about because of connections - Stretch, Joel Smith, Fritsch, Tim Smith, Keilty  - not because of his astute judgment and my understanding is that Goody loved Hannan's game in the VFL GF two years ago and told him to make him a priority.

But so far the bigs have been a disaster and even allowing for the late development that comes with taller units, most will stay that way.

I have noticed a major improvement in Weid's agility this year and at times he now moves like a midfielder, so I have not given up on him yet, although clearly we missed an opportunity to take Charlie Curnow that year and misread the tea leaves on the way key forwards were going.

Bit early to say Weideman, Oscar, Mitch King, Hulett, Filipovic equals a disaster. 

The 2015 draft dropped off in a hurry so King and Hulett were more like rookie picks. Hulett was a roll of a dice that a guy without athleticism due to injury would find it in an AFL system, he didn't. King and Flippers, young rucks, the majority of them don't amount to anything. The overwhelming majority certainly don't amount to anything within the first 3 years on a list.

I can't see the coaches putting serious pressure on a recruiter to draft Oscar. Taylor had to make that call. And I think you're reading a lot in to the ANB stuff. You pick a guy rated higher first and then see if the brother is available at a later pick. If Roos or anyone else was pushing against that they'd be mad.

Weideman isn't Curnow and no doubt there will be regret there. Not sure anyone was projecting the small ball football that the Tigers play now and the rules are about to change back so we'll see if that makes an impact. The only thing I've ever heard Taylor say about talls is that he favours big guys with the requisite physicality - which is hard to judge at 18 - and I agree with that. Come finals when the game tightens up I'd take the big guy who can use his size over the athlete. I'm not defending Weids over Curnow, but I'd take Tex Walker over Josh Jenkins if that makes any sense. With Hogan locked and loaded to play CHF they might've been seduced in to taking Weids who can crash a pack rather than a mobile running athlete like Curnow. 

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Bit early to say Weideman, Oscar, Mitch King, Hulett, Filipovic equals a disaster. 

The 2015 draft dropped off in a hurry so King and Hulett were more like rookie picks. Hulett was a roll of a dice that a guy without athleticism due to injury would find it in an AFL system, he didn't. King and Flippers, young rucks, the majority of them don't amount to anything. The overwhelming majority certainly don't amount to anything within the first 3 years on a list.

I can't see the coaches putting serious pressure on a recruiter to draft Oscar. Taylor had to make that call. And I think you're reading a lot in to the ANB stuff. You pick a guy rated higher first and then see if the brother is available at a later pick. If Roos or anyone else was pushing against that they'd be mad.

Weideman isn't Curnow and no doubt there will be regret there. Not sure anyone was projecting the small ball football that the Tigers play now and the rules are about to change back so we'll see if that makes an impact. The only thing I've ever heard Taylor say about talls is that he favours big guys with the requisite physicality - which is hard to judge at 18 - and I agree with that. Come finals when the game tightens up I'd take the big guy who can use his size over the athlete. I'm not defending Weids over Curnow, but I'd take Tex Walker over Josh Jenkins if that makes any sense. With Hogan locked and loaded to play CHF they might've been seduced in to taking Weids who can crash a pack rather than a mobile running athlete like Curnow. 

I believe Curnow was 191 when drafted. He was therefore seen as a tall midfielder but too short to be a key forward. So at that stage he wasn't a direct comparison with Weid. We went Weid so we'd get a key forward. Since he was drafted Curnow grew 3 cm's and is now 194cm so has become a viable key forward with the added bonus of great athleticism.  A lot of Clubs also didn't go for him after he lost his licence drink driving the week before the draft. He already had a bit of a dodgy behaviour reputation before that incident. Blues rolled the dice with another potential Fevola and so far the gamble has well and truly paid off. Of course in hindsight you'd now take Curnow over Weid but  I don't think you can criticise the decision at the time.  

I have my concerns about Weid but I am also still hopeful he'll turn out ok. He has all the attributes just seems to have lost his ability to read where to be and to impact contests. He looked better 2 years ago. He's shown he's got the package hopefully he'll come on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poita said:

Always interesting to read the truly negative posts to balance some common sense.'

No way could one, as of now, call Weideman a debacle.

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

And if I recall correctly at the time Weideman was drafted Tom McDonald hadn't played as a KPP forward at all, or very little.  

His emergence as a top class marking and goal kicking forward has surprised many here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, It's Time said:

I believe Curnow was 191 when drafted. He was therefore seen as a tall midfielder but too short to be a key forward. So at that stage he wasn't a direct comparison with Weid. We went Weid so we'd get a key forward. Since he was drafted Curnow grew 3 cm's and is now 194cm so has become a viable key forward with the added bonus of great athleticism.  A lot of Clubs also didn't go for him after he lost his licence drink driving the week before the draft. He already had a bit of a dodgy behaviour reputation before that incident. Blues rolled the dice with another potential Fevola and so far the gamble has well and truly paid off. Of course in hindsight you'd now take Curnow over Weid but  I don't think you can criticise the decision at the time.  

I have my concerns about Weid but I am also still hopeful he'll turn out ok. He has all the attributes just seems to have lost his ability to read where to be and to impact contests. He looked better 2 years ago. He's shown he's got the package hopefully he'll come on.

Nah Curnow was always seen as a key forward, but one who could play midfield. Roughead comparisons. I didn't rate his midfield play and though up forward his kicking was a bit dodgy and big defenders could lock him down. Turns out I underestimated just how athletic he is and how good his marking is.

Not sure the drink driving thing had much impact. He was a bit of a lad but from a good family which usually means no long term issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

“I am the architect.. But please.. Call Me Jason...”

“The first Melbourne rebuild was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in Paul Gardiner. Thus, I redesigned it based on Chris Connolly’s history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of the Fremantle Dockers. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind (Mark Neeld), or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the Norm Smith Curse.”

“Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Cats at the MCG and the salvation of Max Gawns Round 1 Miss. The door to your left leads back to Spotless Stadium, and to the end of our season. As you adequately put, the problem is Choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we?”

CC4F878E-1251-45D3-9573-F00A59288852.jpeg

Edited by MudDogs Gawn Win.. someday
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3