• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

Is Goodwin the right guy....

Dees2014

Is Goodwin the right guy?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Anti-Saint said:

Out: Goodloss

In: Buckley

early today Goodloss's poor coaching shone with our poor executions

our bottom 4 players: Hunt, ANB, Harmes and IMO Viney when Viney gets tackled all the time, don't have skills after 5 years with Goodloss to make us a flag favourite.

think we will go out of finals without a yelp.

understand we came good but against WCE next week we can't have yet another slow start - it's a coaching fault that we are slow out of the blocks (watch the swimmers and runners their coaches spend hours on the start).

Can’t tell if trying to be funny or not...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Can’t tell if trying to be funny or not...

im being serious Mach5

when we get belted in the finals, or worse, we lose by a handful cos we couldn't quite score enough (code for we did not execute average skills under finals pressure) Goodloss will come back with the cliches of we are building.

During that first quarter of dross, we allowed to be sucked into rugby mess when we are meant to be a top team that can hit targets, thus, opening the game up.

Pleased that Jaxson had his best but we need more from the bottom 4 that I mention.

I'm not questioning the bottom 4's commitment, just, their skills.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Anti-Saint said:

im being serious Mach5

when we get belted in the finals, or worse, we lose by a handful cos we couldn't quite score enough (code for we did not execute average skills under finals pressure) Goodloss will come back with the cliches of we are building.

During that first quarter of dross, we allowed to be sucked into rugby mess when we are meant to be a top team that can hit targets, thus, opening the game up.

Pleased that Jaxson had his best but we need more from the bottom 4 that I mention.

We did win by 98 points AS

I won't describe myself as a Goody convert, ultimately he'll stand and fall by results, but we are in the Top 4 with most likely 1 win enough to secure the double chance. If we do that we'll have exceeded expectations this year. We have a game plan fit for purpose and the players all buying in. The coach and his coaching team gets the credit for that.

Viney and Harmes are repeat offenders. As senior players they should know their limitations and stick to their strenghts. I blame them for continually making the same mistakes not the coaches.

Hunt and ANB have been excellent this year, relatively speaking. Nibbler was very good yesterday and has provided forward defensive pressure all season. He is a suspect user but that will always be the case. Hunt's dash off half back has provided plenty of drive for us. A suspect user as well and i doubt it will change at this stage of his career either. But both are role players and they play their role just fine.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is anymore.

Edited by BDA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Anti-Saint said:

our bottom 4 players: Hunt, ANB, Harmes and IMO Viney when Viney gets tackled all the time, don't have skills after 5 years with Goodloss to make us a flag favourite.

understand we came good but against WCE next week we can't have yet another slow start - it's a coaching fault that we are slow out of the blocks (watch the swimmers and runners their coaches spend hours on the start).

I admire your commitment to the cause. Most anti-Goodwiners would lay low after a 98 point win. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I admire your commitment to the cause. Most anti-Goodwiners would lay low after a 98 point win. 

This bloke was also in the finals ticketing thread having a conniption coz he couldn’t find the GF guarantee on the website, so he is obviously schizophrenic or trolling.

• Like 4

Frankly, this thread has devolved from its originally lofty heights, to being a place for the dead enders on this site to pot him after a loss and for the misguided righteous to exclaim the silence after a win.

We are one of 4 teams who can win the flag this year, but we have done nothing yet, and with our list of stars this is where we should be. 

All of that needs to be considered as the club makes the biggest coaching decision of my lifetime.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Anti-Saint said:

Calling him goodloss after a 98 point win makes you sound incredibly stupid 

Edited by Smokey
  • Like 2

Mods, please change thread title to Goodwin is not the right guy.

Will help avoid confusion and provide a safe space for the Super Nuffies to chat amongst themselves.

Sort of like demonland's version of the comments section below Sky news Australia you tube clips. When it is not suspended of course.

On the sky news threads they have anti vaxxers. This thread has anti facters

Sample Super Nuffie post and response

Deenergrate:

A good team would have won that game by 674 points. We are going nowhere until we can put bad teams away. That's on goodloss.

Princess Park peanut vendor:

Spot on Deenergrate. A joke. Get Clarkson now. And by now I mean this week. Which would be perfect timing coz we are playing the eagles and as we all know in this thread, our current shocking position can be traced directly back to the mind bending decision by goodloss not to review the 2018 prelim. Should have been sacked there and then.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Anti-Saint said:

im being serious Mach5

Right.

Because it wasn’t funny, and I hold concern for you if it was serious.

Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pollyanna said:

Simpson and Fagan threads on their respective fan boards currently going strong ...

Simpson I can understand. Fagan though has done very well since he came to the club. They have had a lot of injuries this year and made a prelim last year. 

17 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Simpson I can understand. Fagan though has done very well since he came to the club. They have had a lot of injuries this year and made a prelim last year. 

Since their system is about winning 1v1 after 1v1, if the form of their players drop, the form of the whole team drops. I'd much prefer our system. Their stars are aging too and it must be said,  a little flakey...

Edited by A F

Just now, A F said:

Since their system is about winning 1v1 after 1v1, if the form of their players drop, the form of the whole team drops. I'd much prefer our system. Their stars are aging too...

Hard to know if you're referring to West Coast or Brisbane. Both are in the exact same category.

West Coast will come hard for Jackson with their 3 best talls, including Nic Nat hitting retirement age. 

7 hours ago, Dwight Schrute said:

didn't expect to see this thread after that game. 

Counter intuitive @Dwight Schrute it's exactly the time that this thread would show up.. and those that support Goodwin (or at least support not sacking Goodwin), shouldn't be surprised.

The Suns who have beaten no one of note outside of GWS, Sydney and Richmond, are clearly are poor side. We as a team, merely faced a poor side, and a bare minimum was a 10 goal win. Our structures which have been developing for 3-4 seasons and pressure, had no influence on the poor side who had kicked only 4 goals for a match, its not us and how we went about it, its just that they're a poor side, and the fact that we didn't get a 100 point win, is a further reflection on Goodwin's coaching. It's simply not good enough.

Further, Harmes and Viney's misses for goal, really encapsulated why Goodwin is such a poor coach. They should have errors coached out of them...permanently. 

Finally on Harmes and Viney, because they make errors, Goodwin is poor at the selection table, and he plays favourites, except that [censored] Melksham, who is now not his favourite....so sumthin' must have happened there.

These are the idiotic reasons why Goodwin isn't the right guy after a 15 goal win.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thinking 1

35 minutes ago, Jaded said:

#injuriesarentreasonsforpoorform ?

This thread is beyond parody. People still criticising after  a 15 goal win, sitting third on the ladder…

… and  talking about other coaches as if they never have poor results which is, of course, absurd. Perhaps the posters just don’t notice those.

Not to mention the fact that the players absolutely love him, that is clear, And therefore changing of coaches or even thinking about it would be so disruptive.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

This thread is beyond parody. People still criticising after  a 15 goal win, sitting third on the ladder…

… and  talking about other coaches as if they never have poor results which is, of course, absurd. Perhaps the posters just don’t notice those.

Not to mention the fact that the players absolutely love him, that is clear, And therefore changing of coaches or even thinking about it would be so disruptive.

But these posters are experts Ollie fan.

2 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Counter intuitive @Dwight Schrute it's exactly the time that this thread would show up.. and those that support Goodwin (or at least support not sacking Goodwin), shouldn't be surprised.

The Suns who have beaten no one of note outside of GWS, Sydney and Richmond, are clearly are poor side. We as a team, merely faced a poor side, and a bare minimum was a 10 goal win. Our structures which have been developing for 3-4 seasons and pressure, had no influence on the poor side who had kicked only 4 goals for a match, its not us and how we went about it, its just that they're a poor side, and the fact that we didn't get a 100 point win, is a further reflection on Goodwin's coaching. It's simply not good enough.

Further, Harmes and Viney's misses for goal, really encapsulated why Goodwin is such a poor coach. They should have errors coached out of them...permanently. 

Finally on Harmes and Viney, because they make errors, Goodwin is poor at the selection table, and he plays favourites, except that [censored] Melksham, who is now not his favourite....so sumthin' must have happened there.

These are the idiotic reasons why Goodwin isn't the right guy after a 15 goal win.

The suns are useless.

2 hours ago, A F said:

Since their system is about winning 1v1 after 1v1, if the form of their players drop, the form of the whole team drops. I'd much prefer our system. Their stars are aging too and it must be said,  a little flakey...

Which stars are aging?

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Brisbane have had almost as charmed a run with injuries as we have.

Best 22 players missing on the weekend were Rayner (been missing all year of course), Hipwood and Adams. Darcy Gardiner also missed but he's questionably best 22.

Now, missing both Hipwood and Adams at the same time is hard given both are talls, but right now their injury list is at its worst, and until Hipwood went down they'd barely had any injuries other than Rayner.

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Which stars are aging?

Can't tell if @A F was talking about West Coast or Brisbane.

If West Coast, I think that's very obvious (Kennedy, Hurn, Naitanui, Shuey, Sheppard and Redden are all over 30; McGovern, Cripps, Darling and Gaff are all 29; Yeo, Kelly and Sheed are all 27).

If Brisbane, Birchall, Zorko, Robinson and Rich are all over 30, Lyons is 29, Lester, Neale and Adams are 28, McCarthy, Daniher, Cameron, McInerney are all 27.

To compare with us: none of our over 30 players are currently in our 22 (Jones, Hibberd, Jetta, M Brown, Daw). Gawn and May are 29, TMac and B Brown are 28, Tomlinson and Viney are 27. 

• Like 4