Jump to content

Dees2014

Is Goodwin the right guy....

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Ah yes, shoehorn Lewis into any discussion. Do you think Brayshaw can play a negating role on McGovern & Grimes? Viney should've been moved out of the middle for Angus. I don't see what Lewis has to do with that move.

Give me an example of a bottom 3 team investing games into a 33 year old coming to an overdue end?

 

Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TGR said:

Give me an example of a bottom 3 team investing games into a 33 year old coming to an overdue end?

 

Madness.

Daisy Thomas? Michael Rischitelli?

Each club is playing their best 22 with veterans and not tanking?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, praha said:

Heard some things today that I can't reveal in depth yet, but it may come to light soon enough.

Schwartz is hyperbolic but his words this week about Goodwin having "lost" or being close to losing the playing group appear to be somewhat based on reality.

Two players, one starting 22, the other probably starting 22 but used weirdly and out of position all year, will seek trades at season's end. The basis of their requests are that they feel underutilized and misused by the current coaching team.

If the names I heard are true, Demonland will go into meltdown.

Maybe Jayden Hunt...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Maybe Jayden Hunt...

 

6 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Maybe Jayden Hunt...

Fritich is what I heard

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, praha said:

Heard some things today that I can't reveal in depth yet, but it may come to light soon enough.

Schwartz is hyperbolic but his words this week about Goodwin having "lost" or being close to losing the playing group appear to be somewhat based on reality.

Two players, one starting 22, the other probably starting 22 but used weirdly and out of position all year, will seek trades at season's end. The basis of their requests are that they feel underutilized and misused by the current coaching team.

If the names I heard are true, Demonland will go into meltdown.

A few fit that description.  Order of likelihood:  Fritsch, Hunt, Spargo, Brayshaw, ANB, Stretch and even Petracca. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

A few fit that description.  Order of likelihood:  Fritsch, Hunt, Spargo, Brayshaw, ANB, Stretch and even Petracca. 

Of those, surely only Trac and Brayshaw (plus maybe Fritsch given our fwd line woes) would fit the "Demonland meltdown" criterion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

A few fit that description.  Order of likelihood:  Fritsch, Hunt, Spargo, Brayshaw, ANB, Stretch and even Petracca. 

Lewis & O-Mac!  Reverse meltdown?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On a serious note the three candidates that come to mind .... one of Chunk or Gus plus Fritschkreig.  If Fritschkreig goes we are talking major meltdown. 

Imagine this thread if that goes down...

george costanza fire GIF 

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

On a serious note the three candidates that come to mind .... one of Chunk or Gus plus Fritschkreig.  If Fritschkreig goes we are talking major meltdown. 

It would raise all sorts of questions Rusty if one of the players is Fritta. Not having a go at Fritsch, but how bad are things down there when a player in his second year of an AFL career requests a trade away from the club that kickstarted it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

A few fit that description.  Order of likelihood:  Fritsch, Hunt, Spargo, Brayshaw, ANB, Stretch and even Petracca. 

ANB often played out of position ( whenever  picked for the One's ) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

It would raise all sorts of questions Rusty if one of the players is Fritta. Not having a go at Fritsch, but how bad are things down there when a player in his second year of an AFL career requests a trade away from the club that kickstarted it all. 

Bad

Unless you're  a koolaid drinking happy clapper  then things a just [censored] marvellous. 

The whole approach of our current FD has been to build a game ( or not ) by bashing square pegs into round holes and carving sides on round ones !!

Our season of discontent  is upon us.

Of our own doing...well not us here...them over there..the paid ones.

Anyone thinking we're  rocketing back up the ladder anytime soon...you better find another  hobby. Hard miles ahead. 

No joy in this club.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

It would raise all sorts of questions Rusty if one of the players is Fritta. Not having a go at Fritsch, but how bad are things down there when a player in his second year of an AFL career requests a trade away from the club that kickstarted it all. 

If it does DZ.  Hopefully not.  But if Praha is on we are about to find out!  The present media vulture fest will turn into a feeding frenzy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

ANB often played out of position ( whenever  picked for the One's ) ;)

His best position  left right out!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Bad

Unless you're  a koolaid drinking happy clapper  then things a just [censored] marvellous. 

The whole approach of our current FD has been to build a game ( or not ) by bashing square pegs into round holes and carving sides on round ones !!

Our season of discontent  is upon us.

Of our own doing...well not us here...them over there..the paid ones.

Anyone thinking we're  rocketing back up the ladder anytime soon...you better find another  hobby. Hard miles ahead. 

No joy in this club.

We should change our monicker from the Demons to the Lemmings or the Skunks- never known a club to self-destruct and stink it up the way we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Lewis and Goodwin have now come out and admitted that there have been major problems all year not related to the pre-season surgeries. Well what a big surprise (not)

Apologies from the happy clapping Pollyannas would be welcome. Plenty of us could see the disarray our team and club was in and were constantly pilloried for pointing it out.

Blind Freddy could see that virtually every coaching or development position was changed other than Goodwin in an attempt to try to right the ship. We could see the disharmony on field and complete failure of our 'brand' or 'game plan', the failure to prepare for 666, the lack of spirit amongst the group that has seen us undergo the biggest drop in percentage and ladder position for several decades.

What an abject failure. 

Our leaders have been pathetic and should stand aside for Max next year.

And if the rumours of two players wanting out are true and they were of the calibre of Fritsch, Brayshaw or Hunt then Goodwin should be sacked. 

This would be a disaster of the highest order and shows the arrogance and incompetence from this club.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So noone listens to 3AW. Just got told by someone at work there will be a major announcement on Sunday. Looks like we will have to take the good with the bad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Maybe Jayden Hunt...

It was on 3AW this morning so it's on the public record. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bush demon said:

So noone listens to 3AW. Just got told by someone at work there will be a major announcement on Sunday. Looks like we will have to take the good with the bad...

What doe sthat mean? a major announcement? like a player requesting a trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha looking forward to the melts.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

What doe sthat mean? a major announcement? like a player requesting a trade?

So don't shoot the messenger this is just what my boss heard on 3AW.... initials SG.... announcement, Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush demon said:

So don't shoot the messenger this is just what my boss heard on 3AW.... initials SG.... announcement, Sunday.

We are getting Sam Gray?.... Makes perfect sense as we seem to love our midgets.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

So Lewis and Goodwin have now come out and admitted that there have been major problems all year not related to the pre-season surgeries. Well what a big surprise (not)

Apologies from the happy clapping Pollyannas would be welcome. Plenty of us could see the disarray our team and club was in and were constantly pilloried for pointing it out.

Blind Freddy could see that virtually every coaching or development position was changed other than Goodwin in an attempt to try to right the ship. We could see the disharmony on field and complete failure of our 'brand' or 'game plan', the failure to prepare for 666, the lack of spirit amongst the group that has seen us undergo the biggest drop in percentage and ladder position for several decades.

What an abject failure. 

Our leaders have been pathetic and should stand aside for Max next year.

And if the rumours of two players wanting out are true and they were of the calibre of Fritsch, Brayshaw or Hunt then Goodwin should be sacked. 

This would be a disaster of the highest order and shows the arrogance and incompetence from this club.

No one has ever disputed the facts. They have been plainly obvious as you've mentioned all year.

The issue has and continues to be how they are addressed.

I still disagree firing Goodwin solves those problems but it's not your or my decision to make.

Usually the person who has all of the facts is the best peeson to make said decisions.

That aside it is fun to watch and discuss. 

And i laugh at your statement Hunt is a required player.

Talented yes, superstat no.

The mfc of recent times has had an amazing ability to retain talent. I think it's time for some changes if be want to be successful. Because  the automatic assumption this list is good enough is a furphy. List upgrades are always required.

As i said it's going to be fun to watch. You should take a few pills and enjoy the ride. Your Goody hatred seems to be stressing you. Or ate you always this grumpy?

 

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ding said:

We are getting Sam Gray?.... Makes perfect sense as we seem to love our midgets.

GOOD guess, but not correct.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Brayshaw

Hunt

Fritta

How's everyone going to feel if there are more than a few willing to book a taxi out of here ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...