Dees2014

Is Goodwin the right guy....

1 minute ago, olisik said:

I blame fitness, all players have skills, it’s skills after hard running when it comes into question. I blame Misson for all this, our 4th Quarter fade outs all year is evidence of this. 

The way Mahoney talked about the significance of a new fitness coach seems to suggest, that internally, the whole club knows Misson has dropped the ball this year and a new one is badly needed. Misson is so far behind his peers.

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

The way Mahoney talked about the significance of a new fitness coach seems to suggest, that internally, the whole club knows Misson has dropped the ball this year and a new one is badly needed. Misson is so far behind his peers.

Misson is serving his notice period. Let’s be honest, who really gives a [censored] when serving notice period. Probably spends all day on Seek US looking for his next gig.

If Goodwin doesn’t improve this team next year he is finished, I’ll give him 10 matches next year

I’m starting to change my mind on sacking  Goodwin. From what I have seen this year we don’t have a coach as the errors we make are surely made by a team that doesn’t have one so we maybe we give him a year to actually coach the team to see if he is any good as there is no way he could have been coaching at all this year!

If you had to rate all 18 coaches this year from best to worst, Goodwin would comfortably sit last. Apart from the sacked coaches, I can’t think of anyone having a worse year than him.

Someone please tell me Goodwin chastised ANB for his over the top celebration of the Petty goal when the game was on the line. No doubt the Eagles will be laughing at his act now. Something tells me ANB is just a bit off the pace with his standing in the game. But back to Goodwin. That type of celebration should just not be tolerated when there is so much more work to do when the game is on the line.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

If you had to rate all 18 coaches this year from best to worst, Goodwin would comfortably sit last. Apart from the sacked coaches, I can’t think of anyone having a worse year than him.

Alan Richardson had a better year.

Probably Brad Scott too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Alan Richardson had a better year.

Probably Brad Scott too.

So it’s probably just Bolts.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For all the Goodwin bashing (some of it is warranted) there has been very little acknowledgement.

While I am still bitterly disappointed about todays result and the season as a whole, he has completely changed the game style and the team has actually started to show some actual improvement offensively and defensively, even considering injuries to key personnel and other issues.

I would love or defence to be a lot more consistent, and we are lacking some real pace and class, but we've shown glimpses in the second half of the season.

Im very keen to see what off season moves are made.

I guess at the end of the day the score board/ladder will dictate the length of his tenure.

Edited by Unleash Hell

3 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

For all the Goodwin bashing (some of it is warranted) there has been very little acknowledgement.

While I am still bitterly disappointed about todays result and the season as a whole, he has completely changed the game style and team has actually started to show some actual improvement offensively and defensively. 

I would love or defence to be a lot more consistent, and we are lacking some real pace and class, but we've shown glimpses in the second half of the season.

I guess at the end of the day the score board/ladder will dictate the length of his tenure.

I am not having a go. Could you tell me what the game style is. Could you also tell me the timeline you base your improvement argument on.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

I am not having a go. Could you tell me what the game style is. Could you also tell me the timeline you base your improvement argument on.

Err did you watch todays game?

Apart from a few bad mistakes and terrible kicking for goal the boys actually played pretty well vs the reigning premier. 

The game style has had to change from a large stoppage and contested brand which relied on dirty balls and full on attack with quick ball movement to less stoppages, more run and good ball use reliant.

The biggest change IMO from the new rules is, there are less stoppages and more running. Guys who excelled in the stoppages - Gawn, Clarry & Brayshaw have been less effective in the 2019 version of the game

Our zones and lack of pace and inability to stop the opposition  ball were a disaster at the start of the year... We've finally been able to curb opposition scoring and keep our hands on the ball (not turning it over as much anymore). We've had to change from run and play on at every occasion to slower ball movement.

We've really lacked the personnel to execute either game style property in 2019. lack of pace for the quick movement and lack of skill for the slower pace.

While we are not setting the world on fire we have been a lot more competitive in the 2nd half of the year.

That's just my quick take on the season... but overall it's been [censored] and bitterly disappointing 

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Err did you watch todays game?

Apart from a few bad mistakes and terrible kicking for goal the boys actually played pretty well vs the reigning premier. 

The game style has had to change from a large stoppage and contested brand which relied on dirty balls and full on attack with quick ball movement to less stoppages, more run and good ball use reliant.

The biggest change IMO from the new rules is, there are less stoppages and more running. Guys who excelled in the stoppages - Gawn, Clarry & Brayshaw have been less effective in the 2019 version of the game

Our zones and lack of pace and inability to stop the opposition  ball were a disaster at the start of the year... We've finally been able to curb opposition scoring and keep our hands on the ball (not turning it over as much anymore). We've had to change from run and play on at every occasion to slower ball movement.

We've really lacked the personnel to execute either game style property in 2019. lack of pace for the quick movement and lack of skill for the slower pace.

While we are not setting the world on fire we have been a lot more competitive in the 2nd half of the year.

That's just my quick take on the season... but overall it's been [censored] and bitterly disappointing 

Love your optimism.

I dont think I can bear to sit through another goody presser. Show some emotion for once. 

3 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Love your optimism.

You asked...

It's not all doom and gloom, but its all In the eye of the beholder.

You guys are right about one thing though. If he doesn't start winning again, he will be gone.

The offseason is going to be very improtant

2 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

I dont think I can bear to sit through another goody presser. Show some emotion for once. 

I get what people mean by this, he is very robotic and boring in public

But that docent mean he can't coach because people don't like him

1 minute ago, Unleash Hell said:

You asked...

It's not all doom and gloom, but its all In the eye of the beholder.

You guys are right about one thing though. If he doesn't start winning again, he will be gone.

The offseason is going to be very improtant

I was not being smart when I said I love your optimism. 

• Like 1

Does Goodwin realise Fritsch is a forward now?

Would not surprise me to see him played in the backline next week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

I get what people mean by this, he is very robotic and boring in public

But that docent mean he can't coach because people don't like him

Im sure some here think I have some pathological hatred of the bloke...and some others. I'm here to say I don't. The reality is I have no care for an opinion for most unless they impact the club. Im sure  Goody, Macca, Josh , Todd etc etc are all people I could enjoy a beer with and wax lyrical given other opportunity but in terms of whats happening to the MFC it's not whether I or anyone likes them....or doesn't.  It's about whether they are giving us what we want ...especially for the buck.  Success.  And they aren't.

it's not personal...just ever so much matter of FACT. Time to go you guys.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How can the players implement a game plan when the coach doesn't even have one?

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Love 1

Rated his presser today, was borderline having a stab at Misson when he was talking about needing to stay in games longer and always still being in it

2 minutes ago, olisik said:

Rated his presser today, was borderline having a stab at Misson when he was talking about needing to stay in games longer and always still being in it

Presser was very tactical in saying it is time to win again, mindful we play Saints next week.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mental Demons said:

Good link...

the reality is that the pool of coaches is so small there is often little incentive to try something else.

We don't even have the equivalent of American College football.

The soft salary cap is simply a tax. Exceed it and you pay dollar for dollar "tax" to the AFL. The powerful clubs have no problem with doing this if the need arises.

If Hinkley and Lyon go this year that's five coaches in one year.

Things are changing

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Presser was very tactical in saying it is time to win again, mindful we play Saints next week.

and Goody has that team's measure as we all know.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pipefitter said:

I just wish he would speak like he is speaking to any one of his mates, instead of the robotic rehearsed media training rubbish he brings week in week out.

I understand the need to tow the company line every now and then, but for [censored] sake cut the monotone [censored], show some emotion and speak frankly. 

The supporters deserve it after this diabolical year. It’s too late the stem the bleeding now...

• Like 1