Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 2

Demonland

46 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Also...Max was pulled to ground about 5 times in the last quarter in ruck contests...specifically from boundary throw ins. No free. It was laughable 

I know we are lampooned as supporters that whinge about umps but a lot of the decisions left me dumbfounded. Home crowd does impact the umpires.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tbrookes3 said:

I know this has probably been posted a million times previously, but I can't find the answer - is there anywhere online that you can watch a replay of the match that isn't behind a paywall? Thanks in advance.

Yes there is. Unfortunately i would be in contravention of DL's code of conduct if i told you. And would have to be shot.

That said YOU could probably SEARCH for an answer to your quest on the WORLD WIDE WEB  

1 minute ago, binman said:

Yes there is. Unfortunately i would be in contravention of DL's code of conduct if i told you. And would have to be shot.

That said YOU could probably SEARCH for an answer to your quest on the WORLD WIDE WEB  

Thanks Binman - just to be clear - I wasn't looking for anything that would breach copyright etc. I just know that a few years ago you could watch it on the AFL site. Hope I haven't gotten anyone in trouble...

On the upside, we won and have plenty of room for improvement both within the current team, plus two key players to return. 

This year the goal has to be both making finals and peaking as a team when finals roll around. 

The fact we can bury teams in a quarter or two is what we’re working to extend for the full four quarters. If it takes the entire H&A season to achieve that, and we keep winning enough to make finals, we’ll be ready for a tilt. 

Its a long season. We’re doing ok. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, tbrookes3 said:

Thanks Binman - just to be clear - I wasn't looking for anything that would breach copyright etc. I just know that a few years ago you could watch it on the AFL site. Hope I haven't gotten anyone in trouble...

If you are a telstra customer you can get a Live pass and watch all replays. A really good resource actually. I guess Foxtel subscribers have an option to watch replays on demand, but not sure.

The many other ways to watch replays on the net would breach copyright.......

7 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

AFL Ratings aren't everything, but check out Bugg's effort:

What a load of old cobblers!  It's the COACHES ratings that matter...!

46 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Oh Buggy.  He can't take a trick.

I found it interesting, in the third section, that we had all of Harmes, ANB, Melksham and Fristch in there.  I think us playing well correlates with our half forwards have a positive impact on the game, both on the scoreboard and with the pressure they provide with locking the ball in our forward line.

Watched the game live over a late breakfast on Saturday and have watched it a couple of times since.

I am encouraged by the performances to date. we could have won against the [censored], it would have been a steal but I had that game down as a 50/50. The win against the Lions in Brisbane after a 6 day break is a good one, no matter how it is achieved. I thought we had more than a few players down on form but had enough up and running to cover them. Pedersen, to me was an interesting one. he did not have all that many touches but I did like his game. He delivered the ball well to Hogan a couple of times and Hogan found him in broken play as well.... The call Pedersen to Hogan and Hogan to Pedersen could be heard a lot this season before the return of TMac.

Hogan was best on ground for me. it was his best game for us to date. His run down tackle of Cox was inspirational.

Would like to see more from Bugg (goal kicking and general play) ANB... seems to have lost form since the pre season game and ditto Melksham.

I would seriously consider dropping Lewis and telling him to calm down.... he is costing the team more than he should be.

At the moment all but 4 of the list are fit to play and that means pressure on the selected team each week, as it should be. Could see a couple of changes this week for match ups and as warning shots to players that they need to keep their form.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, binman said:

Another random comment on the game: 

I was watching a bit of the dogs v wc game and the commentators were talking about how hard it would be for dogs to make finals given that statistically it is quite rare for sides who lose their first two games to make finals. Not sure how accurate that is but it did make me think how bad it would have been for our chances this year if we had lost the lions game. 

Swans won after losing the first 6.

The real issue with the Dogs is their percentage of 47. They would neeed to win and win big which doesn't look possible.

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I know we are lampooned as supporters that whinge about umps but a lot of the decisions left me dumbfounded. Home crowd does impact the umpires.

Not at the G it doesn't...............

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Oh Buggy.  He can't take a trick.

I found it interesting, in the third section, that we had all of Harmes, ANB, Melksham and Fristch in there.  I think us playing well correlates with our half forwards have a positive impact on the game, both on the scoreboard and with the pressure they provide with locking the ball in our forward line.

What does this even mean? Stef Martin had a pretty good game and yet he was ranked virtually the same as Bugg....

7 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Just watched the 3rd 1/4 again...we had a chance to absolutely bury them..we were 41 points up..12 minutes left. Petracca misses a gimme set shot..Bugg then misses a snap he should have nailed...Then Gawn goes off with about 11 minutes on the clock. Christensen gets a suspect holding the man call and goals.  Stef Martin gets another free and misses and suddenly the crowd is right in the game. It was the free that got them into the game. Gawn comes back on and Cameron tackles him straight I the back and play on is called. Cameron gives it to Max and then Cox goals from outside fifty . For 8 minutes of the 3rd we dominated and could have been 10 goals up. We left the door ajar and a dodgy free brought them back into it. 

two 50m penalties in a row for the cats the week before was also the folding point for us as well.

7 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Yep..in that same quarter with about 4 minutes to go and Lions playing tries to break a tackleg 25 out from our goal running across the ground trying to switch..gets caught and drops it..play on called. Then kick goes in to gawn who has three hanging off him including one player with no eyes for the ball and all the commentators suggest it is and free..play on..while up the other end Cameron cops a free for a touch on the shoulder. I am biased in the moment, but when you watch it back after and still think you are hard done by, you know that you probably have. Everything shifted after Fritsch went off. We should have goaled from that play bUT for the neck breaker from the Lions player that held up play. Should have been a fifty. 

Yeah I thought at the time we were crucified, but like you I need to be careful that I'm not just watching with my Dees glasses on. Makes the teams ability to dig in and win the game all the more impressive, seeing as a lot went against us in that period of the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

What am i missing here?

The stats clearly shows that it was his best game this season. Dug deep and played his best in the third quarter when others dropped off. All this, and he hasnt even hit his 2 year average yet this season.

You guys are harsh critics.

2 hours ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Yeah I thought at the time we were crucified, but like you I need to be careful that I'm not just watching with my Dees glasses on. Makes the teams ability to dig in and win the game all the more impressive, seeing as a lot went against us in that period of the game.

I like wearing Dees glasses when watching, but when you watch things the 2nd time or in slow motion you get a good view. Max was getting tackled before he was near the ball and couldn’t get a free. The umpiring seemed one-sided.

• Like 1

Having a read of the Lions post game thread on BigFooty offered some perspective. They're a young team, we completely outplayed them in the 1st half, they showed some spirit to fight back in the 3rd/early 4th but in the end the maturity/talent of our team won out.

This isn't bush footy where you can pencil in 10+ goal wins, the competition is more even than ever, especially at this early stage of the season. Each game needs to be played on its merits and currently we are one poor set shot off a 2-0 start. I'll take that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Swans won after losing the first 6.

The real issue with the Dogs is their percentage of 47. They would neeed to win and win big which doesn't look possible.

Swans are the only team in the last decade to make finals after starting 0-2. They've achieved it twice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, binman said:

Another random comment on the game: 

I was watching a bit of the dogs v wc game and the commentators were talking about how hard it would be for dogs to make finals given that statistically it is quite rare for sides who lose their first two games to make finals. Not sure how accurate that is but it did make me think how bad it would have been for our chances this year if we had lost the lions game. 

I think I heard somewhere that 2 teams have come back from a 0-2 start to make finals in last 16 years both being Sydney, so history shows it’s very hard to come back, given Sydney made it from 0-6 is pretty extraordinary 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brendan said:

I think I heard somewhere that 2 teams have come back from a 0-2 start to make finals in last 16 years both being Sydney, so history shows it’s very hard to come back, given Sydney made it from 0-6 is pretty extraordinary 

We were 0-3 in 2006 and made finals.

• Like 1