Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sponsorship Problem?

Dee1987

1 hour ago, Dante said:

How do you know we had to battle for a signature, this may have been completed weeks ago and they were waiting for most to come back from holidays to announce it. Anything to put a negative slant on it.

You almost sound disappointed we've announced it.

I am always disappointed that the Melbourne Football Club est. 1858 has to battle to get sponsorships. 

We should be turning them away...

you can think whatever you like...

shouldn’t it be Dantè?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am always disappointed

Never a truer word written on this forum.

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We should be turning them away...

you can think whatever you like...

shouldn’t it be Dantè?

Who says we weren't turning them away?  How do you know this hasn't been a long process that's finally culminated in the perfect deal for the club?  How do you know we haven't been in discussions with numerous companies as we look for the right deal?  That's right, you don't.  

I'm constantly bewildered that some on here talk about our off field team as if they're twelve year old's who have no idea what they are doing.  Do you think PJ and co. just sat at their desks for months awaiting a call from a prospective sponsor?  Give them the credit they deserve.

Your rhetoric may have been relevant back when we stunk it up, but we aren't that club anymore.  Your constant knocks on the club make you look like a 'non' supporter who doesn't deserve to enjoy the good times when they roll around.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Spirit of '87 said:

Why the enquiry about Jackson and the CEO position on the Sponshorship thread? Seems to be taking is all off at a bit of a tangeant and derailing the thread topic. 

Why not? Seems the sponsorship comment is dead.

Edited by old dee

7 hours ago, old dee said:

Speaking of Mr. Jackson he leaves at the end of the year and there was going to be understudy in place this year to take over from him in much the same way they handled the coaching transition. No replacement announced yet that I have heard is there any news out there?
Time marches on.

Where & when did he say he's leaving at the end of the year???

The only thing I heard him say was that he would like to do a handover similar to Roos.

I don't remember hearing a particular date or time frame mentioned.

...and I very much doubt he will be leaving unless he has someone in place, he's invested too much to get things back on track.

I think you are unduly worrying 'old dee'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Who says we weren't turning them away?  How do you know this hasn't been a long process that's finally culminated in the perfect deal for the club?  How do you know we haven't been in discussions with numerous companies as we look for the right deal?  That's right, you don't.  

I'm constantly bewildered that some on here talk about our off field team as if they're twelve year old's who have no idea what they are doing.  Do you think PJ and co. just sat at their desks for months awaiting a call from a prospective sponsor?  Give them the credit they deserve.

Your rhetoric may have been relevant back when we stunk it up, but we aren't that club anymore.  Your constant knocks on the club make you look like a 'non' supporter who doesn't deserve to enjoy the good times when they roll around.

Settle down little guy

you sound like Ned Flanders

We haven’t done ANYTHING yet, and until we do i shall mark hard

Don’t you dare tell me what kind of supporter i am. 

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

The only reason Swyl has posted another post after we find out that we don't  have a problem to get a new major sponsor, is because I made all his points about losing round 23 and not making finals,   reasons why we did not find a new sponsor  1 day after finishing with the last one look silly. Have you ever seen him post a postive post? even the postive he makes look like a negative, but it makes good reading, and makes me laugh, its like watching grumpy old men. Some can never admit they were  wr wr  wrong.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Settle down little guy

you sound like Ned Flanders

We haven’t done ANYTHING yet, and until we do i shall mark hard

Don’t you dare tell me what kind of supporter i am. 

And you're like the old bloke at the end of the bar who rants and raves, but all he ends up doing is staring into a half empty pot because no one will listen.

I wasn't tell you what kind of supporter you are, just what you project to those of us on here.   That's your problem, not mine.

5 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

And you're like the old bloke at the end of the bar who rants and raves, but all he ends up doing is staring into a half empty pot because no one will listen.

I wasn't tell you what kind of supporter you are, just what you project to those of us on here.   That's your problem, not mine.

I don’t care how i project to you. You like to throw your opinions in on every discussion, it becomes  irksome. 

I am sick of the MFC celebrating a good season without doing anything. Its been 54 years. 

It’s Joyous we have a new Sponsor, but we need 3-4 of them to be serious, and i like many have seen them come and go. 

Now i am in no way denegrating PJ, but the players make his job that much harder when they play a 21 game season. 

At this point in time, we are still just potential 

, just like 10 years ago

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don’t care how i project to you. You like to throw your opinions in on every discussion, it becomes  irksome. 

I am sick of the MFC celebrating a good season without doing anything. Its been 54 years. 

It’s Joyous we have a new Sponsor, but we need 3-4 of them to be serious, and i like many have seen them come and go. 

Now i am in no way denegrating PJ, but the players make his job that much harder when they play a 21 game season. 

, just like 10 years ago

True to form, when we do win a flag you should be the first to post a postive post about it, I will be watching, and go dees can you say that?

23 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Waah, no sponsor, waah, no sponsor. Nek minut - sponsor? Waah, why not a better one? Get a life. PJ would [censored] himself laughing at some of the [censored] written on here by the MFCSS brigade. 

I was also relieved PJ didn't come on 'land to tell us all off for complaining about having no sponsor.

What a fanboy he was...

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert
Bloody autocorrect!

15 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Can't help but agree with you here SWYL.

That game still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. As it no doubt does for all of us. It makes it harder for all of us (MFC included) when the players simply don't want to turn up.

It's also what makes me think that the players still have a little too much power or influence in areas that they really shouldn't be dictating terms to (electing not to come out and want to play in finals, having a sook about a 2 day training camp - sure it's only 2 days, but equally it's only 2 days, get over themselves and just do it).

Goodwin has come out and said that 2 days won't define our season. I have to disagree with him here, as the playing group clearly showed that it only takes 2 hours to define our season.

36 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Can't help but agree with you here SWYL.

That game still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. As it no doubt does for all of us. It makes it harder for all of us (MFC included) when the players simply don't want to turn up.

It's also what makes me think that the players still have a little too much power or influence in areas that they really shouldn't be dictating terms to (electing not to come out and want to play in finals, having a sook about a 2 day training camp - sure it's only 2 days, but equally it's only 2 days, get over themselves and just do it).

Goodwin has come out and said that 2 days won't define our season. I have to disagree with him here, as the playing group clearly showed that it only takes 2 hours to define our season.

Couldn’t agree more DD. Too many supporters let this club off the hook and have done for decades. 

I get hammered on here for not being a “true supporter” because i am not always a happy little Demon. 

I just want the club to be hard and ruthless

and after 2016/17 we have a lot more skill, but the hard edge is still not apparent

25 minutes ago, DSP said:

Can we just be happy that we have a sponsor?

A new year fellas. At least keep the vitarol and disdain for round 1. :lol:

There will not be a lot this year DSP.

We will play finals and that will keep the level low.

17 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

, just like 10 years ago

Zurich

Iselect

IG

New Balance

Northern Territory

We can only have a maximum of two "major" sponsors (ie front and back of jumper).  Only other "major" financial opportunity could be the naming rights sponsor of our home ground or training facilities, if we owned 100% of.  We don't.

Given our recent history, I think we are doing well on the sponsorship front, and will continue to do so as we continue to improve.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Chazz said:

Zurich

Iselect

IG

New Balance

Northern Territory

We can only have a maximum of two "major" sponsors (ie front and back of jumper).  Only other "major" financial opportunity could be the naming rights sponsor of our home ground or training facilities, if we owned 100% of.  We don't.

Given our recent history, I think we are doing well on the sponsorship front, and will continue to do so as we continue to improve.

Small Companies mate, Zurich aside

The MFC should have the A graders, it just shows how bad things got. 

Players not giving their all in the last 2 rounds of the previous 2 seasons has only made PJ’s job that much harder. 

As the name of the city, to the home of the game we have not modernised well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Players not giving their all in the last 2 rounds of the previous 2 seasons has only made PJ’s job that much harder. 

Oh ffs now I know you’re just fishing. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Just did a quick check, so could be wrong, but doesn't New Balance have a revenue in the billions per year? Hardly small.

Pedantry aside, I think people conflate the business side and the playing side of the MFC too much. It's the sum of all parts that leads to a successful footy club, not mushing it all together and having a whinge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sigil said:

Just did a quick check, so could be wrong, but doesn't New Balance have a revenue in the billions per year? Hardly small.

Pedantry aside, I think people conflate the business side and the playing side of the MFC too much. It's the sum of all parts that leads to a successful footy club, not mushing it all together and having a whinge.

Whatever. Both facets have to work together, but bottom line is wins. 

It amazes me how much slack supporters have given the MFC over the years. 

Each to their own

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Whatever. Both facets have to work together, but bottom line is wins. 

It amazes me how much slack supporters have given the MFC over the years. 

Each to their own

Not quite what I meant.

I often like your posts, but sometimes I think you just yell to yourself inside your head and then quote people who are having a discussion just so that rage is backed up on some server somewhere. :)

Edited by Sigil
Needs commas
  • Like 1