• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Preseason Training - Week commencing 27/11/17

I know Saty is a fan boy.  I can read his reports and not need to attack him for his positivity, his enthusiasm or love of his team.  I welcome his reports- I get a different insight.  If he has stopped posting because the crap he cops to do so, then we are the poorer for it.

• Like 26
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed we didn't have any really for last week and found these for Friday 24/11/17 on Big Footy by Proper Gander. Not much to go off but better than nothing. Without delving further into

To clear up any confusion, I have stopped posting training reports because I got bored with the constant negativity displayed by some posters and decided not to feed them anymore I will continue

I know Saty is a fan boy.  I can read his reports and not need to attack him for his positivity, his enthusiasm or love of his team.  I welcome his reports- I get a different insight.  If he has stopp

Posted Images

2 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

I know Saty is a fan boy.  I can read his reports and not need to attack him for his positivity, his enthusiasm or love of his team.  I welcome his reports- I get a different insight.  If he has stopped posting because the crap he cops to do so, then we are the poorer for it.

Seems to be an element of altruistic superiority amongst some of our forum contributors. Noticed it several times - and it is not even 'black' humour, more like arrogance. Saty writes well and meaningfully. His opinion is respected and contributory.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

That is the face of social media too many [email protected], posters attack him because many have a   set view on certain players and if you say something postive about that player then they have to put down that  positivity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

Agreed - we need a variety of perspectives and points of view, especially with training reports.  In addition, sometimes the attitudes of a few can make this a pretty intimidating place for newcomers to post.  If we only ever hear from a few 'approved' voices, then we are definitely the poorer for it.

But the fact of the matter is, this is an internet fan forum - we are all fanboys (and girls).  The fact that there are the 'cool kids' and the 'not cool kids' is bizarre.  I love visiting and posting on Demonland, but lets not pretend that anything that goes on here is 'normal' behaviour.

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Jake Lever in action.

Was that 'Oscar the Orrible' being out-positioned, again?

• Like 1

Swung by for a quick look. It was unbearably hot in the sun.

Forwards:
Hogan, Pedersen, Fritsch, Bugg, DJ, ANB, JKH 

Doing some kicking to position and blocking

Mids:
Huge group with the 3 rucks - Jones, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Harmes, Balic, Maynard, Tyson, Stretch, Salem, Baker

Doing a stoppage and spread drill

Backs:
Oscar, Frost, Lever, Wagner, Keilty, Lewis, Vince, Jetta

Some kicking and also some lightly contested marking or spoiling. Really the focus was on early body work and movement not on the contest

Not sighted:
Vanders, Viney, Weeds, Hannan, McKenna, J Smith, T Smith, Hunt, Garlett, T Mc, Hibberd, Melksham, Kent, Spargo, Perry

Troy Chaplin was coaching the backs. Max Rooke the forwards. Benny Matthews the mids with Egan watching on I believe. Macca and Goody floating around.

They broke in to a talls group who practiced contested marking and in close agility and and a couple of groups of smalls who did some kicking work.

I left when they started to do running. Looked like Stretch, ANB, Wagner got an icy pole and were excused from the running. Maynard and I think Hogan as well. I think all of the midfield group aside from Balic and maybe Baker went and formed the best running group, plus Vince, Lewis, Jetta, Bugg, JKH. The first few runs looked like a good pace and the groups stayed together.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Have read that Weideman is in the rehab group and is missing today. Anyone know whether he's got a problem and if so what.

Also anyone noticed how Balic is going. He was apparently right at the back of the running drills at the beginning. Sounds like he's still not up to speed with the main midfielders. I guess we don't know if he was getting over an injury  in the off season but sounds like he's got some catching up to do. 

Aside from one off specials like interviews with Jason Taylor the best thing about Demonland at this time of year is the training reports. 

I understand that Satyr can rub people up the wrong way but if that’s the case then chuck him on ignore and forget about him. That way those, like me, who want to read his reports can do so and also the Facebook ones too. The more reports the merrier 

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, It's Time said:

Have read that Weideman is in the rehab group and is missing today. Anyone know whether he's got a problem and if so what.

Also anyone noticed how Balic is going. He was apparently right at the back of the running drills at the beginning. Sounds like he's still not up to speed with the main midfielders. I guess we don't know if he was getting over an injury  in the off season but sounds like he's got some catching up to do. 

Viney alluded to some kind of "similar foot injury" in his latest video interview on MFC site... although he kinda threw the blanket over the whole rehab group... 

"Spent a lot of time with Aaron Vandenberg, Tim Smith, Sam Weideman. We've all got kinda similar foot problems and in similar positions in rehab"

He did then go on to say how impressive Sammy has been and increase in size... so hope its all good :S

Edited by Micah
Spelling
45 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Swung by for a quick look. It was unbearably hot in the sun.

Forwards:
Hogan, Pedersen, Fritsch, Bugg, DJ, ANB, JKH 

Doing some kicking to position and blocking

Mids:
Huge group with the 3 rucks - Jones, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Harmes, Balic, Maynard, Tyson, Stretch, Salem, Baker

Doing a stoppage and spread drill

Backs:
Oscar, Frost, Lever, Wagner, Keilty, Lewis, Vince, Jetta

Some kicking and also some lightly contested marking or spoiling. Really the focus was on early body work and movement not on the contest

Not sighted:
Vanders, Viney, Weeds, Hannan, McKenna, J Smith, T Smith, Hunt, Garlett, T Mc, Hibberd, Melksham, Kent, Spargo, Perry

Troy Chaplin was coaching the backs. Max Rooke the forwards. Benny Matthews the mids with Egan watching on I believe. Macca and Goody floating around.

They broke in to a talls group who practiced contested marking and in close agility and and a couple of groups of smalls who did some kicking work.

I left when they started to do running. Looked like Stretch, ANB, Wagner got an icy pole and were excused from the running. Maynard and I think Hogan as well. I think all of the midfield group aside from Balic and maybe Baker went and formed the best running group, plus Vince, Lewis, Jetta, Bugg, JKH. The first few runs looked like a good pace and the groups stayed together.

Literally? Or is that a euphemism for something else I don't understand?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Mark Bradke (former basketballer) is now an assistant ruck coach at Melbourne according to a photo on Twitter by Wayne Ludbey.

https://twitter.com/WLudbey/status/935704472080154624

I wonder if he has a footballing background or if he's just there for jump and tap technique.

2 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I wonder if he has a footballing background or if he's just there for jump and tap technique.

Looking at his size beside Gawnie, I'd suggest we add him to the playing list and make him 1st Ruck...!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Maybe its to get first dibs on his son Austin - who is supposedly a promising footballer, and Category B rookie list eligible

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, fndee said:

Aside from one off specials like interviews with Jason Taylor the best thing about Demonland at this time of year is the training reports. 

I understand that Satyr can rub people up the wrong way but if that’s the case then chuck him on ignore and forget about him. That way those, like me, who want to read his reports can do so and also the Facebook ones too. The more reports the merrier 

To clear up any confusion, I have stopped posting training reports because I got bored with the constant negativity displayed by some posters and decided not to feed them anymore

I will continue to post pics on Instagram

2 notes to leave you with

Tyson is now pain free in his knees for first time since arriving at the Club and is running his best times

Bradtke is there to develop big man agility, Stafford will continue with ruck craft

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

Welcome back, Saty, and for that info.  Old farts like me wouldn't have a clue what Instagram is, and don't particularly want to know.  Please ignore the riff raff and return to feeding the hunger of those of us stuck in such far flung places as the Northern Colonies...!  (Andy has your back...!)

• Like 8
57 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Lewis will be training with the backline this season.

Going by what @DeeSpencer had to add, it looks as though Vince may well be training with the backline again this year.  Maybe he and Lewis will spend time rotating through the middle and the half back line... ?

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Going by what @DeeSpencer had to add, it looks as though Vince may well be training with the backline again this year.  Maybe he and Lewis will spend time rotating through the middle and the half back line... ?

I still would prefer to see Vince play off the half forward line. I think he is more dangerous to opposition in front of our goals.

• Like 5