• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Deemented Are Go!

AFL Finals Week 3 - Prelims

19 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Johnson and Delidio both liabilities, SJ probably cost them the game at a critical juncture trying to smart arse. 

Ward looks done, the ex pie loud mouth looks done as well, SJ should not have played since halfway through season, "Lids" should have been dropped 3 weeks ago, weak from GWS overall.

1 minute ago, dl4e said:

Nothing will happen to Cotchin. Do you think the afl are going to rub out one of the star players for an underdog side in a grand final.

Zero chance he is suspended for the week. ZERO!

• Like 1

If it were a Melbourne player they'd be out for weeks doing that.

But not the Media's lovechild. No chance.

Anyway, as nice as it is that Mumford, Shaw, Ward, Johnson and Deledio appear to be cooked, we all know they have a ludicrous amount of young talent just waiting in the NEAFL. They were smashed with injuries this year and still finished in the top 4!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Good Luck to them...

we are still Mentally Soft...Year after Year

Good luck to them indeed. If we had half the passion, belief and commitment we would have been in the 8. Throw in a few champions ( Cochin, Rioli, Rance, Martin et al) and we could be Premiers ! 

And I suspect that their coach could show our coach a few things. Depressing and uplifting at the same time. 

• Like 3

MRP sitting tonight re Cotchin and Ellis. AFL said has to be over ASAP. Cannot afford to have Richmond marching on Headquarters.....

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

The GWS playing group seem about as up for a challenge as the MFC group. It's one thing to show great intensity when it suits...but you need to be able to raise the level on the weeks where it doesn't come easily. There doesn't seem a lot of backbone in that club. Outhustled when it counted 2 years in a row.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Nor should he be ferocious attack on the footy, focused on the footy, got down low and any high contact was incidental. The head rule relates to choosing to bump and not what occurred today. If he misses a GF for that the games fooked

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Nor should he be ferocious attack on the footy, focused on the footy, got down low and any high contact was incidental. The head rule relates to choosing to bump and not what occurred today. If he misses a GF for that the games fooked

Agree. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Sub-zero maybe!

We need to get Tracc to similar levels of impact and output as Dusty if we are ever to make finals.  And Clarry to go nutz also.

We also need to get another class goal sneak up forward to help Jeffy, Hulk & rest of forward line out and bring more pressure inside 50 when ball hits the turf.

This off season's trade period will go a long way to determine whether we do or not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

We need to get Tracc to similar levels of impact and output as Dusty if we are ever to make finals.  And Clarry to go nutz also.

We also need to get another class goal sneak up forward to help Jeffy, Hulk & rest of forward line out and bring more pressure inside 50 when ball hits the turf.

This off season's trade period will go a long way to determine whether we do or not.

Some "Names" have to be weeded out this October. We must have trade bait out there to hook good ones

2 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Richmond in the Grand Final makes me want to puke. 

I reckon it's great - I've never watched a GF with the Tiges playing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Have a look at the reverse angle shot. He definitely chose to bump, tucked the arm, charged in and hit Shiel in the head. Shiel then sat out the game with concussion. 

If the AFL have any balls or integrity he'll be suspended. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I reckon it's great - I've never watched a GF with the Tiges playing 

And I reckon the Tigers making the GF gives our club more hope on top of the Bulldogs making it (and winning it) last season. 

Both teams have exhibited a form of 'total' football with a sprinkling of game-changers and match-winners. 

Like all the other clubs and the coaches & players associated with those clubs, a fairly clear picture is painted with regards to what is needed to get to the GF.

The Crows are a more traditional GF team in terms of talent but that doesn't mean they're over the line. 

The ball is well and truly in our court ... we've now got a decent base to work from but we need an injection of talent.

• Like 5

Just now, Macca said:

And I reckon the Tigers making the GF gives our club more hope on top of the Bulldogs making it (and winning it) last season. 

Both teams have exhibited a form of 'total' football with a sprinkling of game-changers and match-winners. 

Like all the other clubs and the coaches & players associated with those clubs, a fairly clear picture is painted with regards to what is needed to get to the GF.

The Crows are a more traditional GF team in terms of talent but that doesn't mean they're over the line. 

The ball is well and truly in our court ... we've now got a decent base to work from but we need an injection of talent.

Talent is one thing and I don't think we're too far off in that regard. The other things we need to work on are application, imposing our will, and trusting each other as a team.

• Like 3

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Talent is one thing and I don't think we're too far off in that regard. The other things we need to work on are application, imposing our will, and trusting each other as a team.

And we did the bit in your post that I've highlighted on a number of occasions this season ... we just need to do it each week. 

The best teams never rest up ... still reckon we're a bit light on for speed of ball movement,  actual leg speed from the stoppages,  disposal skills (at times), height in the backline (against certain teams) and our forward line can function better. 

But we still got 12 wins despite the above so we've got a decent base to work with.  And there's is nothing wrong with aiming to have a super-list playing a total team game.

• Like 1

The ellis one for me was worse than cotchin. Can argue cotchin going hard for ball.

Ellis elects to bump, turns side on and bumps ibstead of tackling. Must get a week.

25 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I feel so sorry for $cully - heeheehee 

Stevie J spent the whole game staging for frees and 50m - he was a total embarrassment 

Agreed. A total embarrassment to himself and the club. A total liability and very poor body language and behaviour for his young teammates.  

• Like 3

I still vividly remember as a 8 year old after the 2000 prelim seeing a melbourne supporter in her 60s crying in the stands as I left... I turned to my old man and asked why she was crying which he replied because she's so happy we've made the grand final.. At the time I thought how strange but as I've grown I've realised what it must have ment, watching those Richmond supporters tonight reminded me.. I'll be a blubbering mess when we do make one

Edited by JV7
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JV7 said:

I still vividly remember as a 8 year old after the 2000 prelim seeing a melbourne supporter in her 60s crying in the stands as I left... I turned to my old man and asked why she was crying which he replied because she's so happy we've made the grand final.. At the time I thought how strange but as I've grown I've realised what it must have ment, watching those Richmond supporters tonight reminded me.. I'll be a blubbering mess when we do make one

I maintain we did fantastically well to make the 2000 GF and ditto for the 1988 GF appearance.  I didn't give the team much of a shot in either GF and that's how it played out.  We were a 13/9 team in '88 and a 14/8 team in 2000.

And we were up against juggernaut teams in both years.  But supporters get their hopes up and who can blame them?

I'm more disappointed with regards to '87,  '90,  '94 & '98 when we might have been able to pinch a flag in each of those years (more so '90 & '98)  And it all went pear-shaped in 2004 as well.

We haven't really had a dominant season proper since the Smith years ... since the advent of the 22 round season,  teams that win 17 - 19+ games could best be described as dominant teams.  And those dominant teams always have top grade lists.

If our list ever has an abundance of B,  B+ & A grade players, we'll be a genuine threat.  16 -18 of those types means we will go close to finishing in the top 2.  We're a ways off but we can get there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You won't think that if they pull off the big one next week.

A whole f***ing year of "tiger power". Spare me. At least Adelaide will be doing it in a different part of the country.

The sleeping giant people talk about is actually their sense of entitlement. It's right up there with Ess's and Carl's. Enough to make you sick.

I live in Adelaide mate and do won't to suffer listening to half a million clowns celebrating, even if the Crows deserve it. Crows fans are the most annoying and one eyed you will ever come across.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1