• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

2017 Post Mortem

dieter

What our "best 22" should be doing is driving down to Casey Fields to add their support to the VFL Demons in their Finals Campaign. Whereas most of our coveted "best 22" are ineligible to play VFL, surely there is nothing impeding Lewis, Jetta, T. Mac, Jones etc participating in training drills to ensure that our VFL is the best prepared going into this year's Final Series. Hopefully this support will ensure that they don't fall at the final hurdle as we did last year.

Go (Casey) Dees!

Wow, I still can't believe this horrible feeling in my gut exists nearly two days on and I'm afraid it won't go away any time soon. Can't bear to watch the next 4 weeks of football in all honesty.

How many weeks out of the 23 did we spend out of the 8?

It doesn't really matter though does it Simon Goodwin, after all, it matters where you sit at the end of the 23 weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

Wow, I still can't believe this horrible feeling in my gut exists nearly two days on and I'm afraid it won't go away any time soon. Can't bear to watch the next 4 weeks of football in all honesty.

How many weeks out of the 23 did we spend out of the 8?

It doesn't really matter though does it Simon Goodwin, after all, it matters where you sit at the end of the 23 weeks.

Of the 23 rounds, we finished 16 of them in the 8 (i.e. before this week, only 6 weeks out of the 8).

10 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I read somewhere it's the smallest margin for a team to miss the finals by, ever.

Yep, the dogs missed out by 0.6% in 1955.

This sure is depressing but the last 1-2 months felt like we were limping to the finish line. All injuries and suspensions really hampered any continuity in the side. 

The club and players got way ahead of themselves, the sun may be out and trying desperately not to reach for the veil.. broken.

• Like 1

I had a rough night.. Didn't sleep too well & was dreaming about what happened, I can't believe it affects me this badly.. I'm worse today than I was last night. It'll hurt the players no doubt but I honestly think it hurts us long time die hard fans more, going to take awhile to get over this... I hope someone from the club fronts the media today, we need an apology

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, JV7 said:

I had a rough night.. Didn't sleep too well & was dreaming about what happened, I can't believe it affects me this badly.. I'm worse today than I was last night. It'll hurt the players no doubt but I honestly think it hurts us long time die hard fans more, going to take awhile to get over this... I hope someone from the club fronts the media today, we need an apology

I'm going for Max dressed up as an ump in some pub in Richmond.

11 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

If I see our players participating in 'Mad Monday' celebrations I will no longer support the club. 

Sorry haven't read the whole thread, my apologies if a hundred other people have said the same thing - but hear hear, Ethan.

One hint, one sliver of celebration and I'm outta here. The useless flogs don't deserve a moment's celebration - they've got their bloody pay cheques (paid for with my twenty years of membership), which is all they care about.

Eff off and hit the gym and the training track, you pathetic gutter bugs.    

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dee tention said:

I will be dissappointed if the boys celebrate Mad Monday! 

They should be having an honesty session and a swim in the yarra tomorrow...

No "Mad Monday" entitlement for our lads! ?

What our "best 22" should be doing is all driving down to Casey Fields to add their support to the VFL Demons in their Finals Campaign. Whereas most of our coveted "best 22" are ineligible to play VFL, surely there is nothing impeding Lewis, Jetta, T. Mac, Jones etc participating in training drills to ensure that our VFL 'Demons' team is the best prepared going into this year's Final Series. Hopefully this support will ensure that they don't fall at the final hurdle as we did last year.

Go (Casey) Dees!

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned already, Max Gawn during the week on SEN was saying most of the guys had played finals in under 18s or VFL. "so it wasnt really new to them" . 

1. No clue on what it means to play AFL.

2. Huge lack in desperation to make it, that was clear on Saturday.

3. unbelievable lack of respect for the supporters. 

Oh cool, you played finals in junior footy. Get a grip mate this is AFL!!! How about you (as a team) start to give something back to thr club and supporters that provide you with such a privileged life.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

If I see our players participating in 'Mad Monday' celebrations I will no longer support the club. 

Oh they will, and they will have the time of their lives.

Then they get two months off to party even more and rub salt into our wounds.

Edited by Petraccattack

I could see darkness after our Brisbane win. I only made one post on our win because I felt so flat. I was very pleased with Hogan's great performance and was relieved we won but deep inside I was very worried we failed to finish them off and built some percentage buffer when we had the chance. This made a win against Collingwood a must do. Essendon and WC knew what they had to do. The  arrogance and hubris from the club is worst in the competition.

Edited by america de cali

Honestly, has anyone got any suggestions for alternative things to do than sit through the 2017 AFL Finals series? I'm willing to take up anything. Dancing, Arthouse movie groups, badger baiting, anything other than watching this Finals series!

Edited by layzie

41 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Oh they will, and they will have the time of their lives.

Then they get two months off to party even more and rub salt into our wounds.

That's what s#its me... Us supporters still have to wake up this morning and slug out the daily grind and go about our normal week with this burden while they can drown their sorrows on the [censored] & in a week or 2 time will all be off galavanting around europe, the US, bali wherever it is with the 2017 season a distant memory while us supporters stew over this for 6 months.

On a seperate note we as supporters are the ones who cop the s#it from everywhere, I doubt any players reveive multiple text messages last night copping it from mates and they wont walk into work this morning and have the whole office laughing and making you the butt of all jokes..  The players can seriously get effed

Edited by JV7

I hate the Club at the moment for the way they let themselves down and their supporters down. There is no way to put a positive spin on that first quarter. It was a disgrace of the highest order and really shows the need for an attitude transplant. I would have liked Goodwin to have shown a bit more anger, hurt and disappointment in his presser. Seemed far too relaxed about it for my liking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

Honestly, has anyone got any suggestions for alternative things to do than sit through the 2017 AFL Finals series. I'm willing to take up anything. Dancing, Arthouse movie groups, badger baiting, anything other than watching this Finals series!

Got nothing mate, this is as bad a feeling as the one I felt after my high school sweetheart dumped me.