Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Josh Kelly

dazzledavey36

24 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah people say that. I don't buy it. I reckon had we waited for another round, or waited for rookies he'd still be ours. He was completely out of nowhere. Noone saw him coming. Incidental where the pick was.

Pies where into him.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah people say that. I don't buy it. I reckon had we waited for another round, or waited for rookies he'd still be ours. He was completely out of nowhere. Noone saw him coming. Incidental where the pick was.

I'm pretty sure the pies planned to take him. We got him first

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

You could argue that for any pick. It is an argument that any discussion over the merits of a deal is folly - not just the Kelly for Salem, Tyson, and Hunt deal.

• Like 1

Just now, rpfc said:

You could argue that for any pick. It is an argument that any discussion over the merits of a deal is folly - not just the Kelly for Salem, Tyson, and Hunt deal.

nevertheless i still have nightmares over toumpas and wines.........we had it in the bag ffs

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Pies where into him.

13 minutes ago, binman said:

I'm pretty sure the pies planned to take him. We got him first

Is that right? Wow. News to me. You have to wonder though where they rated him. They had picks 65 and 77... One used for Langdon who is also a defender. So you may be right to point it out. I have to wonder though, when did they come out and say they wanted him? Was it mid draft? In the leadup? Or two years after when he exploded? If the latter, then I don't believe that. Everyone says "I knew he'd be a jet" after the fact. I reckon they might have rookied him at best.

My point is that if you make a deal involving pick 2 and 9 with Tyson involved... The later pick is a matter of "just get me in that round somewhere." It's not the same as, say, Oliver... who, had we waited on him and taken Weed, he'd DEFINITELY had gone to the Dons after us. The AFL draft is all about rounds 1 and 2. Round 3 is a little bit more of "choose your random guy" creeping in...  and after that, it's essentially guys who noone really wanted that much. If you take a look at USA sports drafts, they're very similar... rounds 1 and 2 serious. Rounds 3-4 less important role players. Rounds 5-7 meh.

I reckon had the giants included their fourth rounder (72, which they passed on) we may well still have gotten our man. 

12 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I have to admit rpfc, I'm not following the second sentence (try not to string me up for it lol).

I don't agree though. A first rounder isn't a 3rd rounder... and neither are the same as rookies. The trade was all about Salem and Tyson vs Kelly... Everyone knew what Tyson was and that Kelly was the consensus pick 2. The Hunt pick was smart recruiting and scouting... but an afterthought in the trade itself. The Giants didn't even use the 4th rounder we spat back at them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Is that right? Wow. News to me. You have to wonder though where they rated him. They had picks 65 and 77... One used for Langdon who is also a defender. So you may be right to point it out. I have to wonder though, when did they come out and say they wanted him? Was it mid draft? In the leadup? Or two years after when he exploded? If the latter, then I don't believe that. Everyone says "I knew he'd be a jet" after the fact. I reckon they might have rookied him at best.

My point is that if you make a deal involving pick 2 and 9 with Tyson involved... The later pick is a matter of "just get me in that round somewhere." It's not the same as, say, Oliver... who, had we waited on him and taken Weed, he'd DEFINITELY had gone to the Dons after us. The AFL draft is all about rounds 1 and 2. Round 3 is a little bit more of "choose your random guy" creeping in...  and after that, it's essentially guys who noone really wanted that much. If you take a look at USA sports drafts, they're very similar... rounds 1 and 2 serious. Rounds 3-4 less important role players. Rounds 5-7 meh.

I reckon had the giants included their fourth rounder (72, which they passed on) we may well still have gotten our man. 

I have to admit rpfc, I'm not following the second sentence (try not to string me up for it lol).

I don't agree though. A first rounder isn't a 3rd rounder... and neither are the same as rookies. The trade was all about Salem and Tyson vs Kelly... Everyone knew what Tyson was and that Kelly was the consensus pick 2. The Hunt pick was smart recruiting and scouting... but an afterthought in the trade itself. The Giants didn't even use the 4th rounder we spat back at them.

There were rumours after the draft that pies were into him.

Either last year or this year there was a feature article on him and it confirmed it.

It didnt say when the pies were going to take him.

2 hours ago, BAMF said:

There were rumours after the draft that pies were into him.

Either last year or this year there was a feature article on him and it confirmed it.

It didnt say when the pies were going to take him.

Yeah. To be honest it would be really out of the ordinary if it did. We all only have our suspicions.

7 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

The Age reporting Cats want Ablett, D Smith and Hopper. Says Blues into Smith and Hopper as well.

So, they want.......?

I want Kelly, Martin, Lever, Ben Brown (subject to a haircut).  Can we please have them all. 

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

So, they want.......?

I want Kelly, Martin, Lever, Ben Brown (subject to a haircut).  Can we please have them all. 

Cats don't even have a 1st round pick this year, how do they expect to make these deals happen? They ain't getting much for Motlop.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cats don't even have a 1st round pick this year, how do they expect to make these deals happen? They ain't getting much for Motlop.

And im pretty sure they can't trade next year's first either. 

8 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

don't forget, it was a toss-up at the time as to whether it was hogan or kelly we were taking in the mini-draft

There was no 'toss up'. Whilst he was available as a mini draft pick we were only ever going to take Hogan. We picked Toumpas over Wines thinking we were getting a Kelly-style player in him.

Mahoney and co. might be working their magic in the background.

The thought of Kelly at the MFC is amazing...  but we surely couldnt get both he and Lever?  Wouldnt have enough to trade, for starters.

10 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Mahoney and co. might be working their magic in the background.

The thought of Kelly at the MFC is amazing...  but we surely couldnt get both he and Lever?  Wouldnt have enough to trade, for starters.

I think we're better off putting our work into getting him as a free agent in a couple of years (if we don't already have someone else in our sights)...he is likely to sign a 2 year deal with GWS.

32 minutes ago, Wunders said:

Hawks getting Lachie Whitfield according to shane crawford (didn't know where to post it) https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/24/is-a-giant-midfielder-on-his-way-to-the-hawks/

Given they have no 1st round draft picks it will be interesting what they would trade to get him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

It would be close to impossible to land Kelly and Lever.

In a perfect world I'd love to land Lever, sign Motlop as a free agent and then hit the drafts/trade for some class and run.

In a perfect world, Kelly any day of the week.

• Like 1