POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 10

Demonland

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They had Ablett out we had Gawn and Hogan out. With them in TMac plays back Oscars out and we have a marking target up forward for all the bombs we sent in in the 1st quarter

It was still pox.

• Like 4

I highly recommend for those that haven't been to Alice to come up and support - it's awesome. On a very personal note - not that anyone knew... nice win for the old man looking on - exactly one year on. Finally. 

Jones was immense 

the negativity that pervades supporters drives me to drink (currently at Montes in Alice again, it's awesome) 

its not about 2017 and yes finals makes me feel good - but they show grit, time and time and time again. From a coaching perspective they make relevant changes where appropriate- 2018 will be a cracker.

oliver is just sublime 

harmes is stepping up 

and remember - no defined ruck and no key forward for structure - glad we lowered our eyes in the second half. Melbourne have done effing well for the past 5 rounds without the services of some athletes that really are crucial to structure and planning. Personally  I commend the coaching staff with all things considered 

• Like 22

Supporters need the bye next weekend more than the players ?

• Like 29

We were pathetic in 1st half and had a training run in 2nd half due to gold coast being pathetic. Ĺwe wont beat collwood playing like that and they are a very poor team. Not impressed.

That smelled of round 2, 2016 effort. It's rare that I get too worked up but I can tell the difference between an effort where we are cracking in but not getting the breaks and an effort where we are playing like head wobblers. I got bloody dirty at what I was seeing.

However, we got over the line and that is what matters. The bye comes at a good time for us as we need to have our heads on straight for the Magpies.

Positives:

Nate Jones: he played a great captain's game. Stood up when it mattered.

Cam Pedersen: One thing I love about him is that he is one of the few we have who never takes the head off and replaces it with a turnip. Even when it seemed we were trying our best to recreate the footballing equivalent of Fawlty Towers, he was hitting targets and presenting.

Mitch Hannan: Not overly prolific but takes advantage of the opportunities he is given. Should retain his spot as a medium sized forward when Jesse comes back.

Jeff Garlett: Near textbook small forward's game. 

Negatives: 

O-Mac: Everytime he seemed to get to the ball, I would say 'he's not ready'. I don't back away from this. Decision making for a defender needs serious work.

Tommy Bugg: Why is he being played forward? Needs some serious time with a goal kicking coach.

Consistency of effort: For a full half of football, we were playing like deadset muppets. A combo of the Suns running out of puff and us deciding to put in a half decent effort got us over the line.

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Rodney Eade must be close to losing his job. 

11 goal turnaround from midway through the 3rd term. 

Gold Coast. Who cares...?

Move them to Tassie.

Would rather they fold and the AFL form a new Tassie team, one that wasn't the remnants of the GC.

Just now, dl4e said:

We were pathetic in 1st half and had a training run in 2nd half due to gold coast being pathetic. Ĺwe wont beat collwood playing like that and they are a very poor team. Not impressed.

It's okay to not be impressed, but that's such a shallow way to look at the game.

Make no mistake, we were terrible in that first half.  You would be doing well to find many positives from it and you could argue it looked like our season was over from there.

But WE took the momentum away from them in the second half and then put them to the sword.  It was a performance full of leadership, good ball use and great team play.  To take that away from the team is poor and doesn't reflect on the hard work to get back into the game, even though it would be nice if we could play like that for longer so we aren't in that position.

• Like 5

Still not convinced

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ProDee said:

One of the most unenjoyable wins I've seen.  Ablett plays and we probably lose.

A long way to go for this group.

Works both ways. Hogan and/or Gawn play and we probably would have won by more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Here's something we can all enjoy:

Clayton Oliver had another 35 touches, 21 contested possessions and 11 clearances.  What a player.  I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the competition right now.

7 kicks 28 handballs. I know he is in the guts, but he needs to even up that disposal count. If he does, he'd go to another level.

13 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Jordan Lewis was so important behind the ball, setting up and really leading the team.

He was also error-ridden in the first half, like most of the team. I thought it was his worst game for the club up until half time.

Hey presto, different player in the second half

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

Essendon/Adelaide

Disagree/Agree. lol

Weird day eh Sku? I don't feel better at all.

Edited by Dappa Dan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.