Anzac Eve .. the Crowd

Diamond_Jim

3 hours ago, A F said:

Definitely 30,000+. The MCC was sold out and was at least 80/20 Melbourne's way. We had a great portion in Gate 3 as well and in the Punt Road pocket. 30,000 easily. It's just whether there were 35,000+.

21 was a joke A F but there was definately not more than 30k

30 minutes ago, old dee said:

21 was a joke A F but there was definately not more than 30k

I took that to mean 21,000.

And, yep, I think there was more than 30,000.

So we'll agree to disagree, unless someone can get us the stats on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

We will not be around to know Dr. And I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that incompetent for that long. 

Speak for yourself OD, I've still got years ahead of me (I hope) :)

Really you don't believe ANYONE could be that incompetent for that long hmmm :blink:

On 26/04/2017 at 4:42 PM, old dee said:

Sadly that is ancient history now DA.

We need to get a few back in the next month or it will be  zero and two.

13 hours ago, old dee said:

Sadly yes A F with a couple of Tiger mates. 

10 hours ago, old dee said:

Without the MCG we might have suffered the same fate a few times in the last 50 years Dr.

7 hours ago, old dee said:

Only if they do an MFC for the next 50 years DJ

2 hours ago, old dee said:

We will not be around to know Dr. And I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that incompetent for that long. 

Some good news at last. It appears that the real old dee has escaped and has returned to demonland. Welcome back, od.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Speak for yourself OD, I've still got years ahead of me (I hope) :)

Really you don't believe ANYONE could be that incompetent for that long hmmm :blink:

You are going to be around in 2067 Dr?

How old are you now?

I think you got the second sentence message. Or would you prefer "it is hard to believe a second team"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, old dee said:

You are going to be around in 2067 Dr?

How old are you now?

I think you got the second sentence message. Or would you prefer "it is hard to believe a second team"

I'm 35 OD so I hope I may be around in 50 years though who knows, modern medicine is pretty good ;)

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm 35 OD so I hope I may be around in 50 years though who knows, modern medicine is pretty good ;)

85 Dr. I can guarantee you I will not make 85. 

So good luck mate I hope our team has won you a flag well and truely by then. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 7:34 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would the Queen's Birthday game have more potential if we alternated home team with the Pies? Most Collingwood supporters don't see it as anything special because they see it as a charity game for us. If we alternated home teams so that we are home ANZAC Eve one year, Queens Bday the next they may have more stake to help build it with us into a legitimate blockbuster.

Collingwood give us the game to guarantee them more games at the MCG. That's there agreement with the AFL and one of the reasons why they don't travel as much as the other Victorian clubs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfmother said:

Collingwood give us the game to guarantee them more games at the MCG. That's there agreement with the AFL and one of the reasons why they don't travel as much as the other Victorian clubs.

Not forgetting that they make hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the QB clash anyway - based on the numerous sales of their high-end 18 game memberships (where they derive income of approx 15 million plus)

Plus, they've got that whole Western stand to make money from advanced reserved seating,  membership sales, merchandise sales etc etc etc.  It's our home game but the Pies do not miss out by a long shot.

The Pies make zero dollars when they travel interstate so it suits them nicely to play as many away games at the MCG as possible.  Good luck to them by the way as their club is well managed but they're not gifting the MFC anything. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Macca said:

Not forgetting that they make hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the QB clash anyway - based on the numerous sales of their high-end 18 game memberships (where they derive income of approx 15 million plus)

Plus, they've got that whole Western stand to make money from advanced reserved seating,  membership sales, merchandise sales etc etc etc.  It's our home game but the Pies do not miss out by a long shot.

The Pies make zero dollars when they travel interstate so it suits them nicely to play as many away games at the MCG as possible.  Good luck to them by the way as their club is well managed but they're not gifting the MFC anything. 

MELBOURNE

Footy making money smarts....like Collingwood be.

Knock the Poies all you like but personally I marvel at how theAFL toe their line whilst we do the Leagues bidding.

Have to change that

Just now, beelzebub said:

MELBOURNE

Footy making money smarts....like Collingwood be.

Knock the Poies all you like but personally I marvel at how theAFL toe their line whilst we do the Leagues bidding.

Have to change that

Anything is possible bub ... but it's a ruthless footy world.  The Pies biggest issue is their coach & their list management.  And I'm not sure they realise that either.  Off the field, they've done very very well.

But if we want to make a big splash we need to start making finals and then we have to capitalise.  All things considered, we've done reasonably well off-field given the on-field results of the last 10 years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wolfmother said:

If they had Queens Bday as a home game every 2nd year theyd just be given an additional away games there during the year (possibly against us).

• Like 1

Does it really matter how many of ours were there and how many of theirs were there, really? We know they have a bigger support base than us, that's a given and if they turn up in those numbers next year, I'm sure the club will be over the moon. 

If they want to put their money up and support their team next year, PJ will be more than happy to bank the cheque 

It wasn't the crowd that beat us the other night it was injury and our inability to put them away early in the game, we dominated inside 50's in the first quarter but couldn't put scoreboard pressure on them. So the make up of the crowd only concerns those that are worried we are going to disappear from the scene if we don't double our support base in the next few years  

• Like 2