Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Welcome to Demonland: Jake Lever

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Who is a better defender?

Nev would be close

Who else

remember that you gotta spend money ? to make money ? 

Money makes people funny.

13 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Adelaide should hate themselves for not being able to pick up Gibbs . Cost them a flag.

You think so?

They made the big dance without him.

I doubt Gibbs would been a 40+ point difference in the granny.

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

It's not that particular payers believe they're worth more per se.

Lemme try and explain this without getting too much hate haha

So all year, the younger playing group as a whole has been told that the club is moving in a different direction, they are changing things up and bringing in a lot of coaches/new players etc

The players have been drilled into their heads all season that certain things need to change to achieve the ultimate success, they need to be team first and other things.

One part of that is that even though they may receive great offers from other places, if you wanna stay at Melbourne and help them achieve a flag you may need to take less money for the meantime. This includes all current and future players.

Now imagine that the club is going over and beyond for a 21 year old, 50 gamer, and are willing to pay him more then most if not all of the current players, that kinda contradicts everything they've been told.

Thats what's gonna annoy them. Theyd love to have Lever alongside them, but not at that cost.

I hope it's more like he's on $700k a year with bonuses built in or something, not a million a year. That would be much better.

He won't be on a million a year and all cubs pay overs to get players in and the players know that.

I can see how upset the Tigers' players were to get Prestia and Caddy in at overs.

• Like 2

I think we need to get it out there that we gave Scott Thompson to the Crows for 1 first round pick, because he said he wanted to go home. He played over 300 games and was a star for them. We knew he would be a good player. Have they forgotten that?

We should remind them.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, BAMF said:

You think so?

They made the big dance without him.

I doubt Gibbs would been a 40+ point difference in the granny.

A midfielder of his ability can make a difference. 3 plus turnarounds for goal. But don't forget he didn't play.

If he did l believe there would be a chance.

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

Thanks D, appreciate the time you take around here. Eye opening and hopefully, if we do get Lever, it doesn't fracture the group.

Players all know that to get players in you pay overs. Lots of reports about the $$$ but no one knows other than a select few.

Not many 21 year old's in the All Australian squad last time I checked.  

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think we need to get it out there that we gave Scott Thompson to the Crows for 1 first round pick, because he said he wanted to go home. He played over 300 games and was a star for them. We knew he would be a good player. Have they forgotten that?

We should remind them.

I'd doubt there's anyone of significance involved with either club from those times. Ancient history which won't be righted in this deal. They also screwed us on Nathan Bassett.

It's all just brinksmanship to appease the supporters.

The last thing shattered Crows supporters want to see is their team not fighting in trade week after they didn't fight on Grand Final day.

The Crows sending Lever into the draft not only means they get no compensation, it also sends a message to their players "We don't give a stuff about what you want as a person, we own you and will do as we please".

Scaring your remaining players into staying is not a sensible thing to do.

Giving up value for nothing is not a sensible thing to do.

The Crows appear to be a sensible club by and large.

Fox sports news just showed the Lever interview again but a slightly extended version of Ch7.

BT : Did you or your management speak to any other clubs in the process?

JL : Yes, but the Melbourne Footy Club was always the one that my manager and myself were comfortable with.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chook in Perth said:

Still got it. ?

Heard anything at all about other potential targets?

• Like 2

On 8/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, DaveyDee said:

I would like to welcome Jake Lever to the MFC

Crows are in more [censored] than a Werribee duck, arrogant wankers but I suppose it has worked for them. Hope they also lose a few other. 

Stick it up'em boys. Off to the draft he goes if they dont deal - now thats commitment I like to see. 

2 hours ago, Demon77 said:

Fox sports news just showed the Lever interview again but a slightly extended version of Ch7.

BT : Did you or your management speak to any other clubs in the process?

JL : Yes, but the Melbourne Footy Club was always the one that my manager and myself were comfortable with.

This is what it's all about. He chose us over Collingwood, how good is that?

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, demondame said:

This is what it's all about. He chose us over Collingwood, how good is that?

Imagine working out your employment contract with Eddie...."here you are, sign here"

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

We should remind them.

I haven’t been afraid to point that out many times that crows fans have been keen to call him a sook and and mercenary. Seems they’re quite happy to accept one but not so happy about it going the other way. Funny that. 

• Like 1

Levers manager was on SEN this morning.

On the question of "what if another club can offer Adelaide something better than what Melbourne can put up for trade" he said "Jake will only be dealing with Melbourne. He wont sign off on anything from any other club"

Welcome to the MFC Jake Lever! :)

• Like 14
  • Love 8

27 minutes ago, JTR said:

On the question of "what if another club can offer Adelaide something better than what Melbourne can put up for trade" he said "Jake will only be dealing with Melbourne. He wont sign off on anything from any other club"

Suck it Eddie. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JTR said:

That is massive for our club, we are preferred to all others

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

While Brett Burton did come across a bit amateurish, I think Kane Cornes has slapped a fair serve of mayo on that story.

I can tell you now, he isn't putting enough mayo on it.

i heard the same story the other day from a very reliable source.

the Adelaide bloke asked us for our offer and we said our piece, he then came back with "give us two first round picks", we said "no" and he just got up and left. Came back 10 minutes later and they spoke again, he asked for 2 first rounders again, we said NO and he got up and left again!!!!

no BS, exactly what happened.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1