Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

Gator

52 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Stop talking so much sense SWY. I hope this is the case as I don't think Weids is quite ready for the big league just yet either. Probably just super priming Watts to have a big impact early.

Would also like to see Tim Smith get a run as soon as we can get him in there if he has the tank. Too good to be on a rookie list. A better prospect than Joel Smith IMO (albeit they play a completely diff role I realise but both rookies) and well ahead of Weids at present. Would bolster our goal scoring options. Super accurate, very hard to match up on and a good mark on the lead.

The Weed will be great. But another year at Casey is what he needs. 

And yes i think JW is being made to feel hungry. He will know that to keep a spot he must perform every week

Casey will be a good side this year..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, doc roet said:

Conlan was huge.

I remember being at the G and old Micky was on the wing standing next to his man.

The fellow next to me screamed out HEY CONLAN, WHY DON'T YOU GET A BIGGER HEAD,IT LOOKS LIKE A PEA ON A PUMPKIN..... and it did.

Trac,s not that big..

Yes agree.  Petracca reminds me Phil Carman but without the nasty streak.

17 hours ago, doc roet said:

Conlan was huge.

I remember being at the G and old Micky was on the wing standing next to his man.

The fellow next to me screamed out HEY CONLAN, WHY DON'T YOU GET A BIGGER HEAD,IT LOOKS LIKE A PEA ON A PUMPKIN..... and it did.

Trac,s not that big..

I remember him too, he was huge, retired early 1989 I believe he was about 30 and still playing well.

Image result for mick conlan afl

On another matter the Australian Sports Drug Agency was formed in 1990 after recommendations from the 1988 parliamentary inquiry into drugs in sport. I am not saying anything, I always wondered.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

In build, Petracca reminds me most of Leigh Matthews with those tree trunk thighs and solid body.

Trac reminds me of Diamond Jim (John Tilbrook for the youngies), because of similar body size and both strong half forwards. DJ had a powerful long torp. Unfortunately a little cooliwobble legend turned commentator renamed him Topaz Tilly are a few poor seasons. Looking forward to Diamond Trac kicking 10 in a GF.like DJ did for Sturt.

5 hours ago, MFC-11 said:

Trac reminds me of Diamond Jim (John Tilbrook for the youngies), because of similar body size and both strong half forwards. DJ had a powerful long torp. Unfortunately a little cooliwobble legend turned commentator renamed him Topaz Tilly are a few poor seasons. Looking forward to Diamond Trac kicking 10 in a GF.like DJ did for Sturt.

Geeeezzzz.  I sure hope Trac delivers more than Diamond Jim did.....oh, he already has.

While the word from mfc staff and players has been (paraphrasing) '...Jack has stepped up over the last few weeks...he knows what he needs to do to be selected...', 

Goodwin is now quoted as saying: 'Jack had a few months where he wasn’t at the level, to his own admission.'  http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jack-watts-slowly-building-training-intensity-as-he-pushed-for-spot-in-melbourne-round-1-lineup/news-story/b1e55d6e171bfd20008a8d0215fb172e

Huh!  A few months!

Can someone please explain how the situation got to this?  What sort of feedback was (or importantly was not) given to Jack?  Surely Jack did not ignore his coaches for 'a few months'! 

Lets say he ignored them for a month, surely they had other means to bring him into line.  eg not take him to the Queensland camp in late January, make him train on his own etc etc.  Sure it would have raised eyebrows but it would nip a ( then month old) problem in the bud.  Instead here we are, in serious preseason games and an important player is sidelined...in Jordan Lewis's words: demoted!

No problem with Jack being 'demoted', 'disciplined' or whatever other word describes the need to get him in line.  But, don't like how this has been handled.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

While the word from mfc staff and players has been (paraphrasing) '...Jack has stepped up over the last few weeks...he knows what he needs to do to be selected...', 

Goodwin is now quoted as saying: 'Jack had a few months where he wasn’t at the level, to his own admission.'  http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jack-watts-slowly-building-training-intensity-as-he-pushed-for-spot-in-melbourne-round-1-lineup/news-story/b1e55d6e171bfd20008a8d0215fb172e

Huh!  A few months!

Can someone please explain how the situation got to this?  What sort of feedback was (or importantly was not) given to Jack?  Surely Jack did not ignore his coaches for 'a few months'! 

Lets say he ignored them for a month, surely they had other means to bring him into line.  eg not take him to the Queensland camp in late January, make him train on his own etc etc.  Sure it would have raised eyebrows but it would nip a ( then month old) problem in the bud.  Instead here we are, in serious preseason games and an important player is sidelined...in Jordan Lewis's words: demoted!

Not happy, Jan!

Looking at the intensity of the 1st half last week Jack will know how hard he has to work

i still think he will come in for The Weed who is not yet ready. 

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Huh!  A few months!

No problem with Jack being 'demoted', 'disciplined' or whatever other word describes the need to get him in line.  But, don't like how this has been handled.

You often seem to come to concrete conclusions in the absence of full facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Looking at the intensity of the 1st half last week Jack will know how hard he has to work

i still think he will come in for The Weed who is not yet ready. 

For me it is no longer about when he plays or when he will ready. 

It is about why we have not resolved issues with a player's 'behaviours', 'KPI's', 'intensity' or whatever word club reps use that have been known for 'a few months'. 

Either Jack is completely recalcitrant or the coaches don't understand how to get the best out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

It is about why we have not resolved issues with a player's 'behaviours', 'KPI's', 'intensity' or whatever word club reps use that have been known for 'a few months'. 

Either Jack is completely recalcitrant or the coaches don't understand how to get the best out of him. 

Relax man. I think you are taking this all a little seriously. 

We now have depth and maybe players who are better than Jack. I don't care who plays as long as the MFC win

• Like 4

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Or it's neither and they took the same approach as previous seasons to motivate him, which he has decided to ignore, and it took the knowledge that he wasn't going to be an automatic selection to wake him up from it.

It's almost as if you want to take any blame away from Watts and lay the blame at the feet of the coaches.  Why is a 25 year old bloke, who has been in the system for years, not giving 100% when they know what is required of them?  Why do the coaches have to treat him like a kid who has just started primary school and needs their hand held through everything?  It should be at the point where they can focus on so many other things outside of motivating him, but clearly he isn't mature enough to make those decisions.  He is probably getting treated a little harsher than others might be as he should know better.  I say should, as clearly he doesn't.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You often seem to come to concrete conclusions in the absence of full facts.

Not many facts on this subject, let alone 'full facts', PD.

And the concrete conclusions were...? 

Questions (albeit rhetorical), opinion and hypotheses, yes.  Concrete conclusions...?

5 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

And the concrete conclusions were...? 

You're clear that you "don't like how it's been handled" when you're in no position to judge because you're not armed with all relevant information. 

I don't know the relevant facts either, which is why I'm not condemning Goodwin or the club.  How could I when I have no clue ?  Just like you.

My gut feel is that Goodwin isn't the problem.  And I think I know who is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You're clear that you "don't like how it's been handled" when you're in no position to judge because you're not armed with all relevant information. 

I don't know the relevant facts either, which is why I'm not condemning Goodwin or the club.  How could I when I have no clue ?  Just like you.

My gut feel is that Goodwin isn't the problem.  And I think I know who is.

I, like others can only comment on the information that is presented in the media.  Then use that to present a line of thinking to form an opinion.

Everyone on Demonland, including yourself, does that and presents views and opinions when not armed with all relevant information or 'full facts'. 

No need to single me out for it. 

With Jack, something hasn't worked for 'a few months' and it is a real shame it hasn't been sorted earlier. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Huh!  A few months!

I agree this is RUBBISH! ( A few Months)??? The more I hear about this the more I reckon there could be more to this than meets the eye. Seriously I saw Jack train 3 times in Pre Season and he looked as sharp as skilled and as fit as anyone!

WATTS going on!????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I, like others can only comment on the information that is presented in the media.  Then use that to present a line of thinking to form an opinion.

Everyone on Demonland, including yourself, does that and presents views and opinions when not armed with all relevant information or 'full facts'. 

No need to single me out for it. 

With Jack, something hasn't worked for 'a few months' and it is a real shame it hasn't been sorted earlier. 

You've been whining for a while, so I finally responded to you.

As you'd know, I don't typically quote you.

21 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You've been whining for a while, so I finally responded to you.

As you'd know, I don't typically quote you.

Can't say that I noticed and I don't care.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deestroy All said:

The media may have been fed and are reporting it's a training standard issue. But I believe he's being punished for off field issues. 

Please feel free to elaborate!!??

Otherwise there are some on this site who will weave a web of convaluted "perhaps" and have heards from the over the road tea lady who's trained linguistic Budgie has rattled of a sinister web of lies and common knowledge to all, including the postman who's wife heard it from the local taxi driver who's source is impeccable!!!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

Please feel free to elaborate!!??

If I was going to elaborate I would've done so in the first post. 

I'm just putting it out there, for those going in circles about if he's been training well or not, his actual training is not the problem I'm lead to believe. 

• Like 3