Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Norm Smith Ultimate Football League 2017

Old Man Rivers

3 hours ago, Old Man Rivers said:

Hey Pete

Yeah I think we are good with the 12

MM is out & Robbo 24 returns? The only team we haven't heard from is Turducken Slammers from 2016. He was a great comp member, he used to write great weekly summaries, however haven't seen him around for ages... Spoils was a good category, how much is the upgrade? Looking forward to next Sunday nights draft.. Any questions from any of the newbies about scoring or draft night? ?

I am actually pretty excited about this as I've never tried UF but have heard great things... I am just going to "wing it" and see how it goes but looking forward to the challenge!

It looks a lot better than the normal SC or DT that most people start every season heavily invested in before losing interest half way through the year...

I have set my pre-draft rankings in case of the "all too common" SA Power Network issues over in Radelaide, but have every intention of competing like a beast for the premiership.

Look out folks... There is a new player in town! :cool:

17 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

I am actually pretty excited about this as I've never tried UF but have heard great things... I am just going to "wing it" and see how it goes but looking forward to the challenge!

It looks a lot better than the normal SC or DT that most people start every season heavily invested in before losing interest half way through the year...

I have set my pre-draft rankings in case of the "all too common" SA Power Network issues over in Radelaide, but have every intention of competing like a beast for the premiership.

Look out folks... There is a new player in town! :cool:

Good stuff Krazy, go hard mate we all do.

Its all about drafting a decent squad, draft night is awesome & is fast paced. You only have 60 seconds to make your selection when your up so it's game on. The great thing about UF is we all have different teams & if your teams not working be aggressive with trade proposals & trade your way back into the season. You will also be amazed at the quality of players that don't get drafted & are sitting in the players pool waiting to be taken mid season... Good Luck, I like your attitude, go hard, heaps of banter & stay engaged all season ?

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Looking forward to draft night.  

It will be interesting to see how quickly a ruck is selected, which will then no doubt open the flood gates for a few more rucks to go in the first round.  Only having the ONE ruck in the team makes it quite interesting when it comes to draft strategy.  

I think on the form I have seen so far, and pre-season reports, Nathan Vardy should be the first ruck to be selected... followed closely by Jarrod Witts :ph34r: Anyone who has early draft picks and doesn't attempt to pick one of these two up is crazy and destined for failure :lol:  Everyone bangs on about Gawn, Grundy and Goldy but honestly they will be over shadowed by the emergence of the aforementioned guys!

Happy drafting people... 

and remember.... You only get one shot at Rupert Wills - My suggestion is early in the 1st round as you don't want him to be snaffled by someone else and leave you crying into your weetbix after every match ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

Looking forward to draft night.  

It will be interesting to see how quickly a ruck is selected, which will then no doubt open the flood gates for a few more rucks to go in the first round.  Only having the ONE ruck in the team makes it quite interesting when it comes to draft strategy.  

I think on the form I have seen so far, and pre-season reports, Nathan Vardy should be the first ruck to be selected... followed closely by Jarrod Witts :ph34r: Anyone who has early draft picks and doesn't attempt to pick one of these two up is crazy and destined for failure :lol:  Everyone bangs on about Gawn, Grundy and Goldy but honestly they will be over shadowed by the emergence of the aforementioned guys!

Happy drafting people... 

and remember.... You only get one shot at Rupert Wills - My suggestion is early in the 1st round as you don't want him to be snaffled by someone else and leave you crying into your weetbix after every match ^_^

Solid advice Krazy?

I think you have just sorted my first 3 selections in the draft?

3 hours ago, Old Man Rivers said:

Krazy I can't open your attachment on iPhone.. But you are correct, we need to get the scoring agreed upon ASAP

My bad... Below are the current settings from what I can tell (newbie)

Scoring Settings
Stat Description Value
SCOR Scoreboard Impact 5
KI Kicks 4
HB Handballs 4
MA Marks 3
HO Hitouts 3
TA Tackles 3
FD Free Kick Differential 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

My bad... Below are the current settings from what I can tell (newbie)

Scoring Settings
Stat Description Value
SCOR Scoreboard Impact 5
KI Kicks 4
HB Handballs 4
MA Marks 3
HO Hitouts 3
TA Tackles 3
FD Free Kick Differential 1

Yeah that looks pretty good..... The only category missing is Spoils which costs extra to add...Spoils brings defenders right into the game, almost on even par with midfielders.... If no Spoils category this year we simply need to focus on high possession defenders...Scarlett, Poita are we good with the above scoring? Totals 23 so we should get results most games.

39 minutes ago, Old Man Rivers said:

Yeah that looks pretty good..... The only category missing is Spoils which costs extra to add...Spoils brings defenders right into the game, almost on even par with midfielders.... If no Spoils category this year we simply need to focus on high possession defenders...Scarlett, Poita are we good with the above scoring? Totals 23 so we should get results most games.

May as well post the rest of the settings that are currently in play...

General Settings
League Name Norm Smith League 2017
League ID 382266
League Manager Peter
Max Teams 12
Scoring Type Category Scoring
Captains Disable Captains
Ladder Tie-breaker Highest Percentage
Position Changes Lock Original Positions
Bye Rounds Play every round
First Scoring Round

Round 1

Lineup and Transaction Rules
Lineup Change Lockout Individual Game Time
Add/Drop Lockout Individual Game Time
Captain Changes Lockout First Game Of The Round
Max Acquisitions Per Season Unlimited
Max Acquisitions Per Week Unlimited
Can't Cut List Enable Can't Cut List
Restricted free agent Period 2 Days
Players Become Waivers on Add/Drop Lockout Off
Waiver Order Determined By Continually Rolling List
Max Trades Per Season No Limit
Trade Review Period 2 Days
Trade Review Method Coach Votes

Lineup Settings
Position Starters Emergencies
Back (B) 5 1
Centre (C) 7 1
Ruck (R) 1 1
Forward (F) 5 1
Bench (BN) 5
Emergency Settings

Time on Ground Threshold: 20%

Emergency Coverage: Non-playing players only

2 hours ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

May as well post the rest of the settings that are currently in play...

General Settings
League Name Norm Smith League 2017
League ID 382266
League Manager Peter
Max Teams 12
Scoring Type Category Scoring
Captains Disable Captains
Ladder Tie-breaker Highest Percentage
Position Changes Lock Original Positions
Bye Rounds Play every round
First Scoring Round

Round 1

Lineup and Transaction Rules
Lineup Change Lockout Individual Game Time
Add/Drop Lockout Individual Game Time
Captain Changes Lockout First Game Of The Round
Max Acquisitions Per Season Unlimited
Max Acquisitions Per Week Unlimited
Can't Cut List Enable Can't Cut List
Restricted free agent Period 2 Days
Players Become Waivers on Add/Drop Lockout Off
Waiver Order Determined By Continually Rolling List
Max Trades Per Season No Limit
Trade Review Period 2 Days
Trade Review Method Coach Votes

Lineup Settings
Position Starters Emergencies
Back (B) 5 1
Centre (C) 7 1
Ruck (R) 1 1
Forward (F) 5 1
Bench (BN) 5
Emergency Settings

Time on Ground Threshold: 20%

Emergency Coverage: Non-playing players only

Too many starting players on the ground.

3 Backs.. 5 Centres.. 3 Forwards.. 1 Ruck & 1 Utility is all we have used in previous seasons.... I also think our squads where capped at 22 Players Max last season..

Lads we need some input here to finalise the framework of the comp before next Sunday..

1 hour ago, Old Man Rivers said:

Too many starting players on the ground.

3 Backs.. 5 Centres.. 3 Forwards.. 1 Ruck & 1 Utility is all we have used in previous seasons.... I also think our squads where capped at 22 Players Max last season..

Lads we need some input here to finalise the framework of the comp before next Sunday..

I obviously wasn't involved last season but would like to throw my 2 cents worth in...

I am suggesting the below squad settings

--------------------------------------

Lineup

Backs (B) 4
Centres (C) 6
Rucks (R) 1
Forwards (F) 4
Emergencies (E) 3
Bench (BN) 4

-------------------------------------

This allows for only 15 in the starting lineup - Happy to drop back to 5 centres if people really want a Utility in the team (again I'm only a newbie)

With the 3 Emergencies and 4 on the Bench this has squads capped at 22 each... I understand Bench players are next to useless but with the "Can't cut list" enabled they are essential.

12 teams X 22 players = Total drafted players 264 

If you look at the projected rankings on UF for 2017 they list player #264 as our own Neville Jetta, so there is still some talent sitting in the Free Agency pool once draft night is over.

Anyway... I'm happy to leave it up to the regulars to decide but be on notice that I intend to win this thing regardless of the settings :cool:

11 hours ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

I obviously wasn't involved last season but would like to throw my 2 cents worth in...

I am suggesting the below squad settings

--------------------------------------

Lineup

Backs (B) 4
Centres (C) 6
Rucks (R) 1
Forwards (F) 4
Emergencies (E) 3
Bench (BN) 4

-------------------------------------

This allows for only 15 in the starting lineup - Happy to drop back to 5 centres if people really want a Utility in the team (again I'm only a newbie)

With the 3 Emergencies and 4 on the Bench this has squads capped at 22 each... I understand Bench players are next to useless but with the "Can't cut list" enabled they are essential.

12 teams X 22 players = Total drafted players 264 

If you look at the projected rankings on UF for 2017 they list player #264 as our own Neville Jetta, so there is still some talent sitting in the Free Agency pool once draft night is over.

Anyway... I'm happy to leave it up to the regulars to decide but be on notice that I intend to win this thing regardless of the settings :cool:

Well Krazy looks like it's only you & me debating this @ the moment...

A couple of things to consider...

A Utility gives you the flexibility to tailor your squad against opponents that have strength in a certain area. Eg: a dominant ruckman.. you can load up on another player who gets his share of hit outs to add to your starting ruckman. Same theory with goal kickers etc...

Bench players are super important as that is where you build your depth. These guys become fantastic trade bait..and injuries will hit throughout the season. 

Im not to fussed with the on ground starting format, the way I laid out is simply the way we have rolled for the past 6 seasons however I'm always open to change if it improves our comp.

Finally a tip Nev Jetta would hardly be classified as quality in UF.. we love him playing for the Dees however his low possession game won't help you too much in UF.. A gun back would be a Matthew Suckling or Shaun Burgoyne.

6 days until the draft..... Lets get this finalised?

22 minutes ago, Old Man Rivers said:

Well Krazy looks like it's only you & me debating this @ the moment...

A couple of things to consider...

A Utility gives you the flexibility to tailor your squad against opponents that have strength in a certain area. Eg: a dominant ruckman.. you can load up on another player who gets his share of hit outs to add to your starting ruckman. Same theory with goal kickers etc...

Bench players are super important as that is where you build your depth. These guys become fantastic trade bait..and injuries will hit throughout the season. 

Im not to fussed with the on ground starting format, the way I laid out is simply the way we have rolled for the past 6 seasons however I'm always open to change if it improves our comp.

Finally a tip Nev Jetta would hardly be classified as quality in UF.. we love him playing for the Dees however his low possession game won't help you too much in UF.. A gun back would be a Matthew Suckling or Shaun Burgoyne.

6 days until the draft..... Lets get this finalised?

OK, lets run with 5 centres and include 1 x Utility as you mentioned.

That leaves us with a starting 15 of 4 x Backs, 5 x Centres, 4 x Forwards, 1 x Ruck and 1 x Utility (3 Reserves and 4 Bench) for a total of 22 in each squad

We don't have long to go before the draft and as you said, we need to finalise this ASAP.

Is everyone happy with this? 

I guess it is Poita who has to make the changes though... 

55 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

OK, lets run with 5 centres and include 1 x Utility as you mentioned.

That leaves us with a starting 15 of 4 x Backs, 5 x Centres, 4 x Forwards, 1 x Ruck and 1 x Utility (3 Reserves and 4 Bench) for a total of 22 in each squad

We don't have long to go before the draft and as you said, we need to finalise this ASAP.

Is everyone happy with this? 

I guess it is Poita who has to make the changes though... 

That Looks spot on..... YES from me?

2 hours ago, scarlett said:

Im happy to adapt to any on field line up. A couple of the settings. Player lock out should be first game sat or first game of round. And player positions updated throughout the year

I hope Poita is noting all this down :)

We seem to be making changes every year ( we ain't the AFL )- keep the same as last year....but....make a decision now....

thats JCB's thoughts.

I'm happy to go with the concensus view on all settings. The only changes I have made thus far is around scoring, everything else is a default.

I have made the changes to the team size, if somebody wants to confirm this.

I will try to check this thread each day if there are further changes to be made.

8 hours ago, poita said:

I'm happy to go with the concensus view on all settings. The only changes I have made thus far is around scoring, everything else is a default.

I have made the changes to the team size, if somebody wants to confirm this.

I will try to check this thread each day if there are further changes to be made.

Good Job Poita

I think we are ready to go next Sunday?

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Please advise when the draw for picks ( re order to pick ) will be done.

JCB is currently listed in 8th place to pick....is this his order.Please advise.

with thanks - his wife Karen

1 hour ago, jayceebee31 said:

Please advise when the draw for picks ( re order to pick ) will be done.

JCB is currently listed in 8th place to pick....is this his order.Please advise.

with thanks - his wife Karen

Actually great question Karen/JCB

Poita you need to run a random selection on the draft order & advise of the selection order so we can all start planning for Sunday.... Thanks mate appreciate you taking the reigns ?