Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nut jobs

junk

Look at our [censored] weak laws which allowed a crimal to mow down innocent people. When will the goody two shoes wake up to themselves?. Politican enjoy the big wage for doing nothing and when a natural disaster occurs on a monumental proportion these people will be hidden in a safe place whilst the rest of us will perish. Signed sick to death of poly'S.

It's not the laws which allowed this criminal to be a free man and commit further offences, it's the weak justice system, the judges and magistrates who are too [censored] weak to dish out the correct penalty. Police do their job and charge these people only for the innocent to be let down when the matter goes court.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It's not the laws which allowed this criminal to be a free man and commit further offences, it's the weak justice system, the judges and magistrates who are too [censored] weak to dish out the correct penalty. Police do their job and charge these people only for the innocent to be let down when the matter goes court.

rob hulls' legacy - the sleepers

• Like 1

I'm praying that the 3 month old infant recovers and somehow lives a healthy life.  A reunion of mother and child is something to wish for.  Thoughts are also with the others who have sustained life threatening injuries. 

Those who work in the vicinity or anyone in the area at the time of this heinous act will be deeply effected.  A lot of people are going to need a lot of counselling ... the injured will too as well as having a possible lifetime of having to live with the debilitating after effects of those injuries. 

I feel so sorry for those who died - their lives taken away in the blink of an eye.

My thoughts are with them and their families and friends.

Edit: The 3 month old boy died later tonight ... breaks your heart. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 4

As someone who went to RMIT, worked in the CBD and has spent a lot of time there, it was hard to concentrate yesterday. A mate told was teaching a class yesterday and posted about it on Facebook.
It would be hard to walk down Bourke Street Mall for the foreseeable future if you were there on that day.

I hope that bail justice who gave him bail last week against police recommendations has trouble sleeping. Where do they get these idiots from? Friends of criminals they appear to be.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

The alleged perpetrator recently converted to Islam (probably to justify the parts of islam that were to satisfy his future needs - certainly not for peaceful measures)

He has been ranting continuously on facebook in a mirror-like fashion to certain ISIS ideologies.

He belted his brother and put him into hospital 5 years ago and on Thursday night he attempted to kill him - why? Both times because he was gay.  More ISIS ideology

He told his girlfriend that he was going to mow people down in the City 2 hours before he did so - another ISIS ideology.  He also told a passer-by at that time that armageddon was coming and to watch the 6pm news.

He burnt a 'Bible' and threw it into the face of the old man who he then stole a car off - a Bible.

It's been reported that as he was in his murderous campaign, he was continually leaning out of his killing machine screaming 'Allahu Akbar' (Allah is great) and also used the fore-fingered sign that is synonymous with ISIS.

The route he took (4 blocks) just happened to be the only busy pedestrian route where a car can proceed virtually unimpeded (apart from the pedestrians) ... he wasn't necessarily stopped at Lt Collins St by the ballards in place either - his intended route in my opinion was to mount the pavement at the corner of Little Collins & Swanston St.  The video of him turning on to the pedestrian pathway looks quite deliberate.

The route was planned - meticulously.  It had to be.  He picked the busy lunchtime crowd too. The incident immediately preceding the mowing down of innocent victims involved at least 6-8 minutes of donuts which also looked to be planned.- whether that was to bait the police or not is debatable.  It certainly looked that way ... regardless, he knew full well what his next move was.

Being a nutter/drug freak and buying into ISIS Ideology are not mutually exclusive ... in fact, we see this lethal combination on an almost daily basis world wide - and we more often than not call it a terrorist attack. 

To verify all of the above you're going to have to use google and get a number of sources.  A lot of the above will possibly come to light at a later date.

CT means counter-terrorism ... the authorities saying that it wasn't a CT situation is true but they didn't say it wasn't a terrorist act in the first place.  Words are often used to satisfy the masses.

And it's easy to understand why the authorities don't want us to believe that this act was a terrorist act ... but what is the truth? 

Edited by Macca
Grammar
  • Like 1

Complete bulltish, a guy is doing doughnuts in the middle of our state capital and the police just watch him?  While the magistrates and judges are to blame for him being on the streets, why was he not stopped in his tracks?  Why was his car not surrounded with a dozen cop cars blocking him in?  I do not blame the police but surely they could have done more.  But again I guess bureaucratic red tape would most likely be holding them back.

• Like 1

They carry guns for a reason.

The Prahran cops that "followed" him around are morons.

Once they heard the "God is Great"  chant they should have shot-because bashing a pensioner and stealing his car is not enough to arrest?Or attempted fratricide/ matricide.

Simple really.

Fundamental religion and Ice don't mix. 

Windsor is where I grew up.

I have been arrested for jay walking there previously by these so called cops?

WTF is going on.

Oh and let me be the first to say it before Waleed:

Islam is a religion of peace.

Edited by Biffen

3 hours ago, Biffen said:

They carry guns for a reason.

The Prahran cops that "followed" him around are morons.

Once they heard the "God is Great"  chant they should have shot-because bashing a pensioner and stealing his car is not enough to arrest?Or attempted fratricide/ matricide.

Simple really.

Fundamental religion and Ice don't mix. 

Windsor is where I grew up.

I have been arrested for jay walking there previously by these so called cops?

WTF is going on.

Oh and let me be the first to say it before Waleed:

Islam is a religion of peace.

You could have stopped at ice and ice dont mix.

The scourge of modern society. Is there a more insidious drug and how it effects the user and worse, impact on others ?

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nutbean said:

You could have stopped at ice and ice dont mix.

The scourge of modern society. Is there a more insidious drug and how it effects the user and worse, impact on others ?

Ice without the fundamentalist indoctrination isn't quite so lethal is it?

Systemic failings by the courts and pathetic policing added to it.

He should have been shot way earlier.

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

I know what you're saying Biffen.

Ice can turn the most well meaning placid person into an aggressive monster. But when someone with a pre-existing axe to grind zoops themself up on it, it can be worse.

• Like 3

Heart-breaking. It echoes Phil Walsh's tragic death at the hands of his son, or Luke Batty's at the hands of his father.

It's too easy to see it as a failure of the police, but it should never have got that far. It's not the law or the police's job to manage what is a mental health problem (linked to a drugs problem), and even moreso in extreme cases. This guy should have received help way before this, but the mental health services are just not able to keep up.

In most cases, even people like this can be treated and helped so they're no longer a threat to others - or themselves. The leading cause of death for 15 - 44 y.o. Australians is suicide (not that you'd know it by the funding).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biffen said:

Systemic failings by the courts and pathetic policing added to it.

He should have been shot way earlier.

I keep reading this but fail to see when it really could have happened. no one knew he was going to do what he did so unless we start shooting people for going a bit nuts and doing burn outs or getting in a police chase then really the only time he could be shot is once he was in Bourke Street. Given the number of people in Bourke Street at the time it would have been very difficult to get a shot at a car doing a reasonable speed without a very high risk of shooting an innocent civilians or two, especially as you would have needed a police officer to be in front of the vehicle to do it. 

Add to this that police protocols state that they should not shoot at a vehicle full stop as you dont know who is inside or what the vehicle will do once shot and it is really very hard to see where it could have happened. 

In saying that I will also add that I think the police could have done better and will learn from this but I also think they did the best they could with the time they had. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

I know what you're saying Biffen.

Ice can turn the most well meaning placid person into an aggressive monster. But when someone with a pre-existing axe to grind zoops themself up on it, it can be worse.

Absolutely - what i was suggesting is exactly what you have said. Ice is notorious for the aggression it can bring out in its users. Add a predisposition to violence or , as you put it, an axe to grind and it can be lethal as we saw. 

Having said that - the impact of the drug is so unpredictable on each person that as Biffen pointed out,  you can't really make a blanket statement as I did.

The one generalisation I will make as soon as I read that someone went on a drug fueled violent spree  - it is usually ice.

Today's Age has more police excuses and a discussion of policy.

someone has been stabbed,another pensioner bashed and his car stolen.

Take out your gun and blow the MF off the earth.

Policy meetings will now go on for weeks with more parasites sitting around taking tax dollars.

No wonder APEX gangs are having a laugh.

Chris,

The age article is so hilarious I can't read it with a staight face:

"we were making split decisions on the run"

They had hours to make the decision and never did.

Policy ruined lives when one executive decision should have stopped it in Chapel St.

Policy is only policy. All the talk in the world won't bring back those lives.

The courts and cops are a complete joke and a political mechanism not doing its job- just there to make the sitting premier look good.

We live in a society where talking is seen as an action- it is not.

A carpenter cannot build a house by discussing plans alone.

Why do we at for the police to carry guns- are they just decoration? Clearly yes.

My Dad was a cop - he used his gun and had no PTSD about it.

He would happily bash a villain, then drop him off at another station for another bashing.

Why try reasoning with a rabid dog.

The thin ,pathetic ,hand wringing,useless blue line of today is taking our money and are trained in revenue collection.

The courts are corrupt- I urge you all to read up on Chloe Handsjuk.

Don't make excuses- heads should roll.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Policy meetings will now go on for weeks with more parasites sitting around taking tax dollars.

Chris,

Policy ruined lives when one executive decision should have stopped it in Chapel St.

The courts and cops are a complete joke and a political mechanism not doing its job- just there to make the sitting premier look good.

Why do we at for the police to carry guns- are they just decoration? Clearly yes.

He would happily bash a villain, then drop him off at another station for another bashing.

The thin ,pathetic ,hand wringing,useless blue line of today is taking our money and are trained in revenue collection.

I think the lefties, fear of public abuse and lack of support as well the concern of being civilly sued is why the police are scared to get 'hands on' these days. Everything is filmed by heroes on their phones, they post a 5 second clip of a ten minute incident on the internet and make the police out to be the villain. 

An example is Kevin Spratt. He's HIV positive. The media didn't show him biting his lip and spitting blood on police or biting them when they got close. He was seen as the victim.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

2 hours ago, Biffen said:

Chris,

I agree he should have been stopped in Chapel Street but that came down to a decision from above, a wrong one. You can not blame the cop on the beat for that. My comment around split second decisions was around when he was at Flinders street, he was there for a minute, two max. That requires quick thinking and quick decisions on teh next course of action, they could not have planned for that. 

As for 'blowing an MF off the earth' for a stabbing, assault, and car theft.....laughable in any sane society. The use of guns should only be for when an officer or civilians life is in danger, that was not the case until he went onto the footpath. To relax this is any way opens the door to cops dealing out their own justice at will, that isn't really part of society, nor should it be.

As for your comment around you old man bashing people and taking them to the next station to be bashed some more, I for one am thankful that is no longer the case, although I will say that things have gone too far the other way where police cant man handle people and intimidate enough and the thugs know it. There is a middle ground that is where we should be. 

In summary to you, I agree the judiciary is stuffed, has been for quite a while, Rob Hulls always comes to mind when I think of the issues. The senior police are also too bound by political do gooder clap trap as well. As for the cops on the beat, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, not really able to do their job and when they do get it done the perps are let out again.

• Like 2

Reading this mornings papers makes me so angry

when those two Kiwi Boys belted the car with a baseball bat and the cops  still stood there motionless i knew this was going to go very bad. 

Ample opportunities to disable that vehicle. Police Command will pay for this, but i just wish one cop car had broken rank and rammed a front wheel..

Seanston St was left wide open as an exit. Why???

if you want to keep a dog inside you shut the doors

20 hours ago, Chris said:

I agree he should have been stopped in Chapel Street but that came down to a decision from above, a wrong one. You can not blame the cop on the beat for that. My comment around split second decisions was around when he was at Flinders street, he was there for a minute, two max. That requires quick thinking and quick decisions on teh next course of action, they could not have planned for that. 

As for 'blowing an MF off the earth' for a stabbing, assault, and car theft.....laughable in any sane society. The use of guns should only be for when an officer or civilians life is in danger, that was not the case until he went onto the footpath. To relax this is any way opens the door to cops dealing out their own justice at will, that isn't really part of society, nor should it be.

As for your comment around you old man bashing people and taking them to the next station to be bashed some more, I for one am thankful that is no longer the case, although I will say that things have gone too far the other way where police cant man handle people and intimidate enough and the thugs know it. There is a middle ground that is where we should be. 

In summary to you, I agree the judiciary is stuffed, has been for quite a while, Rob Hulls always comes to mind when I think of the issues. The senior police are also too bound by political do gooder clap trap as well. As for the cops on the beat, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, not really able to do their job and when they do get it done the perps are let out again.

In honour of my late Dad I should correct a truth.

Him and his partner caught a  very violent criminal they had been looking for for several months.

THey duly belted him senseless,and then made him run into another station (St Kilda) with a lit firecracker at gunpoint.So there is some humour to the tale you see.

Needless to say my father was ejected from the force but that was later on.

His partner went on to bigger things with Interpol .

Christine Nixon he was not.

I'll let you in on a secret-some of those underworld murders were done by police or recently retired police.

It saves our tax money and I hope the tradition continues.

We now have to pay for this Jimmy dude for the next 50 years to live in prison, when he should be (Greek) Swiss cheese.

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Reading this mornings papers makes me so angry

when those two Kiwi Boys belted the car with a baseball bat and the cops  still stood there motionless i knew this was going to go very bad. 

Ample opportunities to disable that vehicle. Police Command will pay for this, but i just wish one cop car had broken rank and rammed a front wheel..

Seanston St was left wide open as an exit. Why???

if you want to keep a dog inside you shut the doors

I know you are going to say "Whitewash" but lets see what the inquiry into the polices action yields.

Ramming a car in the crowded city ? You don't see a danger in that ? Where exactly would have the rammed car ended up ? You have the benefit of hindsight on knowing the tragic outcome of not intercepting the car. If the car had been rammed and then careered out of control and killed innocents would you be saying the same thing ? When you ram a car you have zero control where that car is going to end up.

I will wait for the inquiry to see if there was a time that the car could have been safely taken out. It was not long ago that police had to change their policy on car chases as innocents lost their lives in the process of chases and there was a huge public outcry. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

(On the other hand - the current bail laws absolutely need fixing - as soon as the offence is assault related or there are prior assaults or drugs are involved - simple - remand in custody)

• Like 1

Nutbean-

No need to ram a car.

Shoot the tyres ,then then villain.

Its bad policing and a talk fest will lead to more policy inaction.

Far better  to be damned if you do.

There are some lovely people here on Demonland that always give the benefit of the doubt to others.

We are an incredibly soft culture as a whole,and spend our time agonising over utopian ideals in a real world.

Ask yourself how long this can go on before organised crime and ice,terrorism,gangs and fraud ruins the culture built here in 200 years?

1 hour ago, nutbean said:

I know you are going to say "Whitewash" but lets see what the inquiry into the polices action yields.

Ramming a car in the crowded city ? You don't see a danger in that ? Where exactly would have the rammed car ended up ? You have the benefit of hindsight on knowing the tragic outcome of not intercepting the car. If the car had been rammed and then careered out of control and killed innocents would you be saying the same thing ? When you ram a car you have zero control where that car is going to end up.

I will wait for the inquiry to see if there was a time that the car could have been safely taken out. It was not long ago that police had to change their policy on car chases as innocents lost their lives in the process of chases and there was a huge public outcry. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

(On the other hand - the current bail laws absolutely need fixing - as soon as the offence is assault related or there are prior assaults or drugs are involved - simple - remand in custody)

You don't have to ram a car too hard to take out a front wheel. No steering. No more moving. The police were reactive. What the [censored] were they waiting for exactly? For him to pull up and say "i have had enough now...sorry" they had followed him for 2 hours FFS

The evidence all came through on Smartphones. We all saw it. 

The Commanders absolutely stuffed up as did the Bail Judges and hiding behind a 6 month review won't save them. I used to work in Burke St, buy my cigarettes at that 7-11 store 

chilling. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Nutbean-

No need to ram a car.

Shoot the tyres ,then then villain.

Its bad policing and a talk fest will lead to more policy inaction.

Far better  to be damned if you do.

There are some lovely people here on Demonland that always give the benefit of the doubt to others.

We are an incredibly soft culture as a whole,and spend our time agonising over utopian ideals in a real world.

Ask yourself how long this can go on before organised crime and ice,terrorism,gangs and fraud ruins the culture built here in 200 years?

Nah Biff you can't shoot tyres when a car is in a confined space like friday. It is still driveable albeit more erratic and dangerous. Ram a front wheel and he won't go any further...

some will say hindsight. But i was yelling at the TV monitor last friday while multiple cops stood around scratching their balls waiting for god knows what to happen.

well we know what happened. It all began 2 hours previous...