Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

There is one significant difference, though. It seems that Australian sportspeople caught doping are presumed by most Australians to be innocent until proven guilty whereas non-Australian sportspeople caught doping are presumed by most Australians to be guilty until they can prove their innocence.

2 hours ago, old dee said:

You may never speak words more true than those  LDC

So very true

Cannot help but wonder if in a few years we will be reading about all the disqualifications from the recent Rio Olympics.

The performance of a certain female swimmer definitely raised my eyebrows and sent me off looking for her past performance record.

On the Wiggins affair just like the Bombers it needs to be made an offence for the player  to ingest something without proper records. This might stop the fiasco of the dog ate my homework excuse.

Finally what does this say about the recent dominance of the UK in track and road cycling. Naively I was thinking that the sport had cleaned itself up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daisycutter said:

cue saty telling us how incompetent/corrupt/politically-influenced ukad/wada are

"I'm not pro-drugs in sport, I just wish to undermine all the agencies who protect us from drugs in sport."

4 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

There is one significant difference, though. It seems that Australian sportspeople caught doping are presumed by most Australians to be innocent until proven guilty whereas non-Australian sportspeople caught doping are presumed by most Australians to be guilty until they can prove their innocence.

Just remember .... he's SIR Bradley. That makes him half Aussie to start with. The mother country!

Now take those Chinese!!! swimmers. And those Russian!!! weightlifters. You can see from just the look in their eyes and see they're drug cheats. You don't even need a tribunal or an investigation.

It's clear someone in Team Sky went rogue. Just look for the person for whom everyone looks the other way and pretends they don't even exist, while attacking every other person or institution involved.

35 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

"I'm not pro-drugs in sport, I just wish to undermine all the agencies who protect us from drugs in sport."

Just remember .... he's SIR Bradley. That makes him half Aussie to start with. The mother country!

Now take those Chinese!!! swimmers. And those Russian!!! weightlifters. You can see from just the look in their eyes and see they're drug cheats. You don't even need a tribunal or an investigation.

It's clear someone in Team Sky went rogue. Just look for the person for whom everyone looks the other way and pretends they don't even exist, while attacking every other person or institution involved.

Someone?! Mate there looks like a number of then went rogue, to many people involved for it to only be the Doc and Wiggins.

I used to love the big cycling events, finding it harder and harder to stay engage. They don't seem like they really want to clean it up entirely or can't. Along with the questions on moto doping now days. 

1 minute ago, Cards13 said:

I used to love the big cycling events, finding it harder and harder to stay engage.

The sanctimony of Team Sky combined with their propensity to create huge amounts of smoke while at the same time claiming there is no fire, makes the whole thing as suspect as it was when Armstrong was running the show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted Fidge said:

The sanctimony of Team Sky combined with their propensity to create huge amounts of smoke while at the same time claiming there is no fire, makes the whole thing as suspect as it was when Armstrong was running the show.

British cycling and TS sanctimonious attitudes T Fidge.

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Well it is the biggest game of the year (as seen through the eyes of the EFC) ^_^

And Gil and his corrupt cronies still "award" this prestigious fixture to the cheating bastards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

So very true

Cannot help but wonder if in a few years we will be reading about all the disqualifications from the recent Rio Olympics.

The performance of a certain female swimmer definitely raised my eyebrows and sent me off looking for her past performance record.

On the Wiggins affair just like the Bombers it needs to be made an offence for the player  to ingest something without proper records. This might stop the fiasco of the dog ate my homework excuse.

Finally what does this say about the recent dominance of the UK in track and road cycling. Naively I was thinking that the sport had cleaned itself up.

IMO DJ big sport is too rich and the rewards are too great for the majority of participants to resist drugs.

The majority of sports are now tainted.

I have for some time had no interest in the  Olympics, cycling, soccer and professional USA sports.

I am a MFC fanatic and that is the only reason I have interest in the AFL. I seldom watch teams other than the side playing the Dees. If the MFC failed to exist I would have no interest in the AFL.

12 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

What I would like to know is how do a couple of fruitloops and ne'er-do-wells like Alan "Mr Objectivity" Hird and Bruce "Not at all unhinged" Francis have the clout to get up a Senate Estimates Committee?

There are enough fruitloops in the Senate to make everyone feel at home.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

What I would like to know is how do a couple of fruitloops and ne'er-do-wells like Alan "Mr Objectivity" Hird and Bruce "Not at all unhinged" Francis have the clout to get up a Senate Estimates Committee?

Kimberley Kitching is a die hard bomber I believe. And don't forget Lindsay Tanner, current president and ex-ALP polly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Have they announced a reason for upping the ticket price? 

A gift to their long suffering supporters for sticking with them through thin.....

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

They may well be careful for that that they wish !! ^_^

Upping the price like that and there being no General Admissions makes a mockery of what that game is supposed to be about.

It was supposed to acknowledge (and at one time, honour) what ANZAC stands for and to give the everyday citizen that goes to the dawn service, has breakfast a chance to then go and watch a game of footy. 

It is now the preserve of the well heeled and well organised.  Lost all its ANZAC meaning at the altar of greed (and drug cheating). 

I hope our ANZAC Eve game always embodies the ANZAC spirit where anyone can get in and it stays a game for the regular 'Joe'.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

Just further to this, i read that Coates was trying to be moved as well, could be trouble brewing in Australian Sports officials Circles, and i don't mean for the better. All to do with Oz's recent performances me thinks. 

Just to top it off, good to see half the TWSNBN players making it into the AFL Top Fifty for this year. Alright though if Melksham and Hibberd make it next year of course

8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Kimberley Kitching is a die hard bomber I believe. And don't forget Lindsay Tanner, current president and ex-ALP polly

I know this is stating the obvious but, Regardless of the Pro EFC chest beating  and investigation into ASADa it doesn't change the facts Easendon don't have records what they injected players with nor the fact ASADAs investigation was found legal in the high or supreme court (sorry for my ignorance) nor the fact they were found guilty in the swiss high court. 

Just sour grapes and im enjoying it.

Personally im still waiting for james horss truth to come out that will prove essendon innocent......

• Like 1

LH  et al

We will remember them

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 8:06 PM, Ted Fidge said:

Well they didn't have any clout as it turns out:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/supplements-saga/essendon-supplements-saga-push-for-senate-inquiry-rejected-says-greg-hunt-20170303-guqeyl.html

• Like 5