Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

What odds Nature Strip with that field DZ? 

I had the race down as a trifecta race but will probably do a F4 instead with Nature Strip as the winner.

I will of course be including El Magificence in that F4. 

No odds up as yet after looking at multiple sites. You’d imagine as short as last start Macca. 

El Magnificence has drawn near the grandstand rail this time so here’s hoping he’s a sneaky chance for a top 4 finish. That is of course if the pattern suits that side of the track. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

@Macca

$1.45 for Nature Strip with TAB. 

$ 71 El Magnificence. The roughest in the race.:huh:

Well El Magnificence is going into my F4 to add some value DZ ... 1-5-5-5 Multi F4 with Nature Strip winning (it is hard to see the horse losing)   I often do the same type of combo when Winx races - with mixed results of course. 

There's a few good betting races on the weekend especially at Flemington and I'll try my luck there as well as the big Group 1 race at Sandown Park (UK) ... and a listed race for 3YO's over in WA has appeal.   

Here's a sample for the weekend ...

Flemington  A.R. Creswick Stakes 1200m  Listed  $120k

Flemngton  Vic Sprint Series Final 1200m  Listed  $150k

Belmont (WA) Aquanita Stakes 2000m  Listed  $100k

(UK) Coral-Eclipse Stakes 2000m  Group 1  $1.3Million

• Like 2

Best bet ..

Flemington  Race 3  No.2  Miles of Krishan  $3.90

In terrific form in a small field and at Flemington,  that suits the horse well.  Trained by the Hayes clan and has gone down in the weights for this race.  Gator from the 'Get On' crew likes its chances as well. 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, Dee Zephyr said:

@Macca

$1.45 for Nature Strip with TAB. 

$ 71 El Magnificence. The roughest in the race.:huh:

Thats unbelievable odds.....the horse just aint that bad. Got 9.20 the place....im on!

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, Macca said:

Well El Magnificence is going into my F4 to add some value DZ ... 1-5-5-5 Multi F4 with Nature Strip winning (it is hard to see the horse losing)   I often do the same type of combo when Winx races - with mixed results of course. 

There's a few good betting races on the weekend especially at Flemington and I'll try my luck there as well as the big Group 1 race at Sandown Park (UK) ... and a listed race for 3YO's over in WA has appeal.   

Here's a sample for the weekend ...

Flemington  A.R. Creswick Stakes 1200m  Listed  $120k

Flemngton  Vic Sprint Series Final 1200m  Listed  $150k

Belmont (WA) Aquanita Stakes 2000m  Listed  $100k

(UK) Coral-Eclipse Stakes 2000m  Group 1  $1.3Million

Some great races there Macca. Ive got a huge weekend coming up....when are the dees even playing? Got Dave Grainey playing up here in Ballarat Sat night, parties all over the place.....soccer all night till dawn.... Ive got to go into training just to keep up!!

Best Bet: Flemington Race 9 No 1 Hellova Street TAB $6.00

Horse has a fantastic strike rate. First up 4 from 7, placed last 9 starts, loves the soft going, (9:3.4.1) placed 8/10 at the distance inc 4 wins...and Oliver on board.

Not a lot else in the race and seems like good odds to me? Each way all day at that price.

(Ive also spent a bit of time in Prague and there are many Hellova streets there)! Hellova place!! Not to mention the Demons...Hellova team arent they?

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

Best Bet.

Flemington R4 No.3 Remember The Name

TAB Odds: $5.00

In terrific form and has run some quick sectionals of late. Tricky field with the top 4 all a genuine chance of winning but i like to stick with winning form in similar class. That makes Oliver riding two of our “ Bests” tomorrow. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Best Bet.

Flemington R4 No.3 Remember The Name

TAB Odds: $5.00

In terrific form and has run some quick sectionals of late. Tricky field with the top 4 all a genuine chance of winning but i like to stick with winning form in similar class. That makes Oliver riding two of our “ Bests” tomorrow. 

Ok so: Best Bets...

Flemington Race 3 No 2 Miles of Krishan $3.90

Flemington Race 9 No 1 Hellova Street $6.00

Flemington R4 No.3 Remember The Name $5.00

That gives us a lazy $117.00 for your $1.00......you heard it here first folks! A Day at the Races. Good luck punters

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok so: Best Bets...

Flemington Race 3 No 2 Miles of Krishan $3.90

Flemington Race 9 No 1 Hellova Street $6.00

Flemington R4 No.3 Remember The Name $5.00

That gives us a lazy $117.00 for your $1.00......you heard it here first folks! A Day at the Races. Good luck punters

Like Macca stated, could be a really good Saturday.

World Cup, Casey leading into the Dees game, ponies in between ( with some return hopefully), more World Cup and of course  no shortage of Demonland throughout the journey. 

Netflix on the back burner for now.?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Thats unbelievable odds.....the horse just aint that bad. Got 9.20 the place....im on!

El Magnificence in its last 2 starts has effectively run 57.1 for the 1000m & 1:03.6 for the 1100m so we know the horse has got some toe. 

It's just racing against some handy types and a probable future Group 1 performer.  I reckon the horse can get into the placings given a good run in the good going. 

I got on at $127 (boosted) for our treble too ... sooner or later we will snag it Wadda and this week we've got some value runners.  Here's hoping. 

9 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Like Macca stated, could be a really good Saturday.

World Cup, Casey leading into the Dees game, ponies in between ( with some return hopefully), more World Cup and of course  no shortage of Demonland throughout the journey. 

Netflix on the back burner for now.?

Sleep could be on the backburner as well DZ?  2 hours here,  3 hours there ... I'll be exhausted Monday morning just in time for a full week at work!

Anyway,  another decent race is the Winter Championship Final (Flem Race 8 ) ... a couple of scratchings means that Lite 'n' My Veins gets a berth.  A good field assembled with any number of familiar names.  I'll be having a trifecta in the race - 'Cool Chap' is all the rage with the pundits but $10 is still available.  Overs?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Macca said:

El Magnificence in its last 2 starts has effectively run 57.1 for the 1000m & 1:03.6 for the 1100m so we know the horse has got some toe. 

It's just racing against some handy types and a probable future Group 1 performer.  I reckon the horse can get into the placings given a good run in the good going. 

I got on at $127 (boosted) for our treble too ... sooner or later we will snag it Wadda and this week we've got some value runners.  Here's hoping. 

Sleep could be on the backburner as well DZ?  2 hours here,  3 hours there ... I'll be exhausted Monday morning just in time for a full week at work!

Anyway,  another decent race is the Winter Championship Final (Flem Race 8 ) ... a couple of scratchings means that Lite 'n' My Veins gets a berth.  A good field assembled with any number of familiar names.  I'll be having a trifecta in the race - 'Cool Chap' is all the rage with the pundits but $10 is still available.  Overs?

Connections do have a high opinion about El’s ability Macca. I believe the horse can win some very nice races in the not too distant future. I don’t think he can match Nature Strip tomorrow, although I do think he can be very competitive and is definitely a place chance. 

Well, Cool Chap’s odds have been trimmed down to $7.50 on TAB. Maybe punters do read our ‘3 Way Turf Talk’.

Just had a look at his form this preparation. In terms of class, his last start was the ‘easiest’. In the 5 before that he raced in Listed & Group races against the likes of ‘ Humidor & Happy Clapper’, with the biggest losing margin being 5.1L in a Group 3 in Sydney. Thanks for pointing it out, I believe we are getting slight overs. 

Sleep? Long gone Macca....I’m in the middle of two weeks leave and how naive of me to think I could snooze during the day when the 3 little rascals are on holidays themselves. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Connections do have a high opinion about El’s ability Macca. I believe the horse can win some very nice races in the not too distant future. I don’t think he can match Nature Strip tomorrow, although I do think he can be very competitive and is definitely a place chance. 

Well, Cool Chap’s odds have been trimmed down to $7.50 on TAB. Maybe punters do read our ‘3 Way Turf Talk’.

Just had a look at his form this preparation. In terms of class, his last start was the ‘easiest’. In the 5 before that he raced in Listed & Group races against the likes of ‘ Humidor & Happy Clapper’, with the biggest losing margin being 5.1L in a Group 3 in Sydney. Thanks for pointing it out, I believe we are getting slight overs. 

Sleep? Long gone Macca....I’m in the middle of two weeks leave and how naive of me to think I could snooze during the day when the 3 little rascals are on holidays themselves. 

Been there and done that but loved every minute of it DZ.  Parenting has it's own rewards and is one of life's great learning lessons.  Being a great parent means great relationships with your children later on when they become adults.

As for the Winter Championships Final ... 7 or 8 realistic chances?  Chamois Road never runs a bad race whilst Ozi Choice,  Morton's Fork,  Magic Consol,  Moss 'n' Dale,  Silentz,  Cool Chap & Lite 'n' In My Veins all have claims ... and I reckon Dan Zephyr ran against a lot of the runners too! 

• Like 2

El Magnificence scratched. I believe they will accept for a BM64 on Wednesday at Sandown. I will pass on more information as the weekend passes.

Good luck to all today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miles of Krishan never threatened

And Craig Williams has ridden the first 3 winners

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Macca said:

Miles of Krishan never threatened

And Craig Williams has ridden the first 3 winners

Neither did my pick Macca. I did have a productive early session though. A couple of winners and a trifecta with good returns. 

Might tune in to the Casey game now with the occasional switch back to Flemington.

• Like 2

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

Neither did my pick Macca. I did have a productive early session though. A couple of winners and a trifecta with good returns. 

Might tune in to the Casey game now with the occasional switch back to Flemington.

The good thing about our treble is that we can win big with a very small outlay ... the price of a cup of coffee was returning $650 if successful.

It's tough trying to find a winner at this time of year but well done on your good start DZ ... I got the trifecta in the 2nd at Randwick but with only a moderate return - needed the 3rd placegetter at odds to win.  Still,  a win is a win.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Macca said:

The good thing about our treble is that we can win big with a very small outlay ... the price of a cup of coffee was returning $650 if successful.

It's tough trying to find a winner at this time of year but well done on your good start DZ ... I got the trifecta in the 2nd at Randwick but with only a moderate return - needed the 3rd placegetter at odds to win.  Still,  a win is a win.  

I also took the double with our picks because of the odds but obviously no good. 

Yes, we take the collects when we can Macca. I got the tri in the 4th at Newcastle x2.5. It was more you know what than class. Picked the favourite to win and worked the numbers backwards, 5-4-3. I was following a trend that was happening often early in the day.  Nice collect for the price of a short black. 

I noticed Wadda’s pick has come into $4.60 from $6.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I also took the double with our picks because of the odds but obviously no good. 

Yes, we take the collects when we can Macca. I got the tri in the 4th at Newcastle x2.5. It was more you know what than class. Picked the favourite to win and worked the numbers backwards, 5-4-3. I was following a trend that was happening often early in the day.  Nice collect for a the price of a short black. 

I noticed Wadda’s pick has come into $4.60 from $6.

Ha ha! ... it's whatever works hey DZ

My favourite way of landing a trifecta is when I identify a long shot that should ordinarily get into the finish if the odds on the horse are ignored.  And when those long shots win the actual race,  even better (as long as I land the trifecta of course)

'Cliffs Of Moher' is one such horse in the (UK) Coral-Eclipse Stakes 2000m  Group 1  $1.3Million that is run later tonight.  It is giving away a bit of weight to the 3Y0's but it's a decent racehorse.

• Like 2

Craig Williams rides 6 winners - what an amazing feat.  Anyone know what the record books tell us about such a performance?

Should win the jockey premiership now you'd reckon. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Super busy day moving the office at Uni. Missed everything. Stayed up all night watching Belgium and Brazil. Should have been 5-5 after 10 minutes the start was that frantic!! Belgium can go all the way now. 3.25 is a good bet. Their goalie is fantastic.

Craig Williams what the?....6 winners and a 2nd by 0.2 lengths? What a day out!  You couldnt miss, if you followed him. Looks like i got a 3rd with Hellova Street....good horse, wrong jockey today tho!

Our odds were pretty good Macca. A return ticket to Europe, for the price of 3 cups of coffee! We are soooo due!! Has to happen sooner or later.

• Like 2

A few replays of the Group 1's raced overnight - The Coral-Eclipse Stakes,  The Belmont Derby & The Belmont Oaks ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

El Magnificence has accepted for Race 3 at Sandown on Wednesday. Full field of 16 to go around at this stage which makes it a tricky affair. El has drawn barrier 10 in what should really be a competitive race and a lottery to be honest.

It’s a BM64 and nothing really separates all horses in the ratings. Highest rated horse is at 65 and lowest at 61. Some of the 65 rated horses have placed an apprentice on board as they were lumped with in excess of 60kg.

No odds available as yet.

https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-form-guide/sandown-20180711/le-pine-funerals-handicap-race-3

Edit: Bet365 have a market open. He’s $10 and $3.40. Fifth/sixth pick. Fav is at $5 (7).

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

El Magnificence has accepted for Race 3 at Sandown on Wednesday. Full field of 16 to go around at this stage which makes it a tricky affair. El has drawn barrier 10 in what should really be a competitive race and a lottery to be honest.

It’s a BM64 and nothing really separates all horses in the ratings. Highest rated horse is at 65 and lowest at 61. Some of the 65 rated horses have placed an apprentice on board as they were lumped with in excess of 60kg.

No odds available as yet.

https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-form-guide/sandown-20180711/le-pine-funerals-handicap-race-3

Edit: Bet365 have a market open. He’s $10 and $3.40. Fifth/sixth pick. Fav is at $5 (7).

'Outback Warrior' looks like one the main threats to El-Mag but there are a lot of lightly raced 3yo's in the race so you're right DZ,  the race is a lottery.  I'll do a 2-4-6 trifecta though ... the dividend is highly likely to be quite healthy so it's worth a small wager. 

There's a few decent races at Grafton midweek as well - The Ramornie Hcp Sprint ($160k) on Wednesday and the Grafton Cup ($160k) on Thursday ... some quite familiar horses running around in both races.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Macca said:

'Outback Warrior' looks like one the main threats to El-Mag but there are a lot of lightly raced 3yo's in the race so you're right DZ,  the race is a lottery.  I'll do a 2-4-6 trifecta though ... the dividend is highly likely to be quite healthy so it's worth a small wager. 

There's a few decent races at Grafton midweek as well - The Ramornie Hcp Sprint ($160k) on Wednesday and the Grafton Cup ($160k) on Thursday ... some quite familiar horses running around in both races.

‘ Outback Warrior’ & ‘Gold Mag’ were impressive in their debuts and won by decent margins Macca. Both show ability, but like you said there’s a number of lightly raced horses and sometimes the jump from maiden grade to a BM64 isn’t always plain sailing. 

This really is a good race for betting especially the exotics. Spoke to mate yesterday and they are 95% certain they will run tomorrow. Horse is also nominated for Sale on Thursday but with the track rated a Heavy8 down there Sandown is a better option. 

I will head down to the track tomorrow, it’s been a while since I had a ticket printed from an old style bookie. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 2