Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

21 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Didnt see the post, was at work frantic unfortunately ......well done on the tri though!

You need to have this thread as part of your 'Alerts' Wadda. 

That's apart from the ADATR thread needing to be your 'Go-To' home page.  Who needs google when we're trying to win the folding stuff? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Best Bets:

(G) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 5 Lucifers Reward $4.00 (Plc)

(DZ) Saturday Randwick: Race 6 No.7 Master Of Wine $2.40 (W)

(WWS) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 7 No 7 Humidor $3.80 (W)

(JV7) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 8 No. 10 Sikandarabad $5.50 (W)

(BM) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 9 number 9 Lys Gracieux  @ 3.70 (W)

.....and we await the mighty Macca.........

Edit: I put everyones initials in this week so i dont leave anyone out !

I'm usually early with my tip Wadda but have been absolutely flat out lately.  All work and no play!

And the 5 picks are all beauty's.  It's as if everyone else has read my mind!  Like 'em all!

Best Bet

Saturday Moonee Valley

Race 10 No.5 Amangiri (Win) $3.50

• Like 3

Best Bets:

(G) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 5 Lucifers Reward $4.00 (Plc)

(DZ) Saturday Randwick: Race 6 No.7 Master Of Wine $2.40 (W)

(WWS) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 7 No 7 Humidor $3.80 (W)

(JV7) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 8 No. 10 Sikandarabad $5.50 (W)

(BM) Saturday Moonee Valley: Race 9 number 9 Lys Gracieux  @ 3.70 (W)

(MAC) Saturday Moonee Valley Race 10 No.5 Amangiri (Win) $3.50 (W)

.......and there they are folks, 6 magnificent tips to set your Saturday racing alight !

...a scintillating 2598/1

@Macca

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Got a tip for a race tonight at 6:55 in tassie gympins, I got $13 fixed on it, no idea how it will go but was told his mail is good.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Gympins got up for 3rd and paid $3.20 for the place Gorg.  Wasn't far off winning. 

The 'Place' multi always has merit I reckon.  Put 4 together and the odds can be 25-1 or better.

Might try a couple of place combo's at the Valley tomorrow.  As well as a coffee on our 6 picks (see above) 1 coffee becomes 2500 coffee's.  That's a lot of coffee.  Alex Watson territory.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Macca said:

Gympins got up for 3rd and paid $3.20 for the place Gorg.  Wasn't far off winning. 

The 'Place' multi always has merit I reckon.  Put 4 together and the odds can be 25-1 or better.

Might try a couple of place combo's at the Valley tomorrow.  As well as a coffee on our 6 picks (see above) 1 coffee becomes 2500 coffee's.  That's a lot of coffee.  Alex Watson territory.

I had it on fixed odds, so made $9 off the place, won’t complain.

it ran pretty good, thought it was floundering but it got a second wind and got the place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I had it on fixed odds, so made $9 off the place, won’t complain.

it ran pretty good, thought it was floundering but it got a second wind and got the place.

Just got the exacta in the Manikato Stakes ... with seconds to spare I included Loving Gaby to win to widen my initial picks.

Sometimes you just get that feeling.  Great ride by Williams.  Bivouac had nowhere to go but that's the Valley.

Paid well too.  Playing with lots of house money tomorrow now.  Beeeeaaaauuuuty!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Macca said:

Just got the exacta in the Manikato Stakes ... with seconds to spare I included Loving Gaby to win to widen my initial picks.

Sometimes you just get that feeling.  Great ride by Williams.  Bivouac had nowhere to go but that's the Valley.

Paid well too.  Playing with lots of house money tomorrow now.  Beeeeaaaauuuuty!

Yep me too.....got the tri 10% which paid very well, so thats my Cox plate covered. Also had Loving Gaby the win.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yep me too.....got the tri 10% which paid very well, so thats my Cox plate covered. Also had Loving Gaby the win.

Good job Wadda

'Vital Silver' was the one that pushed the exotics right up ... and its form was very good too but was way overs.  Finished 2 lengths behind Sunlight & Santa Ana Lane in the Gilgai

And its WA form was quite sparkling.  We both found the loophole.  Gotta love that. 

Speaking of WA horses ... the grey 'Pounamu' (a former ADATR favourite) is running in the Crystal Mile tomorrow.  With Craig Williams on board.  8 years old now but it might get a place.

I have to include it in the exotics being an old favourite.  A sentimental inclusion though.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Macca said:

That quinella paid very well Macca. Thats why we love the Spring.....the pools the pools

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Backed loving gaby, purely on price ie overs. Loving gaby has been racing with the best of late and held her own.

Bivuoac was the winner on form but the valley can be be a minefield for short price sprinters. So unders I thought.

Start poorly over 1200 at the valley and it is very hard to recover. Got caught in traffic and Terry bailey said he had 'beef steaks all around him'. Unfortunate turn of phrase given the news of late.

Liked the way loving gaby kicked right at the end.

Also snagged greysfull glamour.  Good ride.

• Like 2

The Cox Plate field is a very good one too ... much better than the last few years with the skinny fields and Winx dominating.

I'm with BM's tip of Lys Gracieux although luck always plays a big part at the Valley.  The horse will at least avoid getting locked in on the fence being from an outside barrier.  A few of the pundits are predicting that the horse will race on the speed.  Class should prevail.

My preference is a wide exacta with 1 or 2 value winners and 1 or 2 value runners to get into 2nd.   And a 'Spec' F4 just because it could pay a small fortune with the right combo.

My value runners are Te Akau Shark,  Verry Elleegent,  Avilius & Magic Wand.  But there are any number of chances with the Japanese horse on top. 

It is a very good field

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Macca said:

The Cox Plate field is a very good one too ... much better than the last few years with the skinny fields and Winx dominating.

I'm with BM's tip of Lys Gracieux although luck always plays a big part at the Valley.  The horse will at least avoid getting locked in on the fence being from an outside barrier.  A few of the pundits are predicting that the horse will race on the speed.  Class should prevail.

My preference is a wide exacta with 1 or 2 value winners and 1 or 2 value runners to get into 2nd.   And a 'Spec' F4 just because it could pay a small fortune with the right combo.

My value runners are Te Akau Shark,  Verry Elleegent,  Avilius & Magic Wand.  But there are any number of chances with the Japanese horse on top. 

It is a very good field

It’s a great field which makes it hard to pick. 

I have four I like for my Trifecta, so either gotta cut one or pay up. But still might take all 4 in a f4 bet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

It’s a great field which makes it hard to pick. 

I have four I like for my Trifecta, so either gotta cut one or pay up. But still might take all 4 in a f4 bet.

I do like the FF option on these days...sure cost a little bit more to put on, but if the fav gets up you can have a throw at the stumps for the rest of them and it will pay x3 of the trifecta....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JV7 said:

I’m at the Byron Bay hotel all arvo.. I will be cheering this multi home like there’s no tomorrow (might be no need to worry about tomorrow with odds like that haha)

Nice one JV7....hows the Byron pub today? Havent been up for a long time......have a good one.

• Like 3

I think we should send our stayers to Europe during the spring. While the good overseas horses are here we can try and pick off a few staying races over there.

Good win by Hunting Horn, is it in calculations for the Melb Cup? You wouldn’t think a stop start tempo would suit in a small field at the Valley but there you go.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

I think we should send our stayers to Europe during the spring. While the good ones are here we can try and pick off a few staying races over there.

Good win by Hunting Horn, is it in calculations for the Melb Cup? You wouldn’t think a stop start tempo would suit in a small field at the Valley but there you go.

Yep Humidor no good, 4th only....ran ok though i thought. Winner was excellent and Ryan Moores first rid this Spring....he sure is good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yep Humidor no good, 4th only....ran ok though i thought. Winner was excellent and Ryan Moores first rid this Spring....he sure is good.

Not to worry Wadda, the run was good considering. Slow tempo, crikey we could have walked and beat them to the 1200m mark. The jock wanted to be closer to speed I felt but was sitting a little wide early and rather than staying trapped decided to take it back which I thought was a good move at the time. 

• Like 2

Lys Gracieux a class above ... thought Castelvecchio had stolen a march with the lightweight but the winner was far too good in the end.

Winx-like acceleration over the last 2 furlongs.  Seemed like a cleanly run race and there weren't too many hard luck stories.

• Like 2

Simply an outstanding win by Lys Gracieux. Big fan of Craig Williams, loved the early move on Castelvecchio and it took a champ to run the 3yr old down. 

Lucky enough to grab a percentage of the F4. 

• Like 3

Well we went 3 from 6 today which is a vast improvement on last week (zip)

All 3 that got up tightened in the market but 3-1  could be had on Lys Gracieux (BM) & Amangiri early doors.  And Master of Wine (DZ) was a moral. 

I coffee outlay on all 6 races could have returned 10 coffees.  And the 3 that won was a standout multi within the multi.  Especially Lys Gracieux & Master of Wine.

This week 6: 3 - 0 - 0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1