Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

On 3/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, Macca said:

Got 22-1 for our multi fellas which is more than decent odds for 3 very good chances. 

I've gone down the exacta path with legs 1 & 3 whilst taking out a trifecta in the Probabeel race. 

Hoping for 4 collects!

Well now im wondering if these next few weeks will be the last of racing for a while. Im sure the sport could go on, but what if a few jockeys come down with the virus, will they close it down to stop it spreading. Panic stations i know, but we are now entering unprecedented territory. Lets hope for a swift turnaround around the world.

If you want to have a look at the actual figures with live updates and no media or politcal interference then have a look through this website. It even tells you the amount of people on the planet inc births and deaths if you click on population tag at the top. Its quite amazing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well now im wondering if these next few weeks will be the last of racing for a while. Im sure the sport could go on, but what if a few jockeys come down with the virus, will they close it down to stop it spreading. Panic stations i know, but we are now entering unprecedented territory. Lets hope for a swift turnaround around the world.

If you want to have a look at the actual figures with live updates and no media or politcal interference then have a look through this website. It even tells you the amount of people on the planet inc births and deaths if you click on population tag at the top. Its quite amazing.

Coronavirus issues aside we'll be able to have a bet somewhere you'd imagine.  I'm not rusted on to local (Oz) racing and the trots & dogs are options as well (anywhere) haha

For instance I backed a winner last night in a G1 race at Santa Anita overnight ( a tip from Racingpost.com) ... after having some success at Sha Tin late yesterday. 

So I'm playing with house money in a few selected races around the country today.  I'm cramming as much in before it might go.  Partly explains why the AFL are talking about playing extra games before they can't.

So where does one find the form guide for the races out of 'Chile' Wadda!!

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Coronavirus issues aside we'll be able to have a bet somewhere you'd imagine.  I'm not rusted on to local (Oz) racing and the trots & dogs are options as well (anywhere) haha

For instance I backed a winner last night in a G1 race at Santa Anita overnight ( a tip from Racingpost.com) ... after having some success at Sha Tin late yesterday. 

So I'm playing with house money in a few selected races around the country today.  I'm cramming as much in before it might go.  Partly explains why the AFL are talking about playing extra games before they can't.

So where does one find the form guide for the races out of 'Chile' Wadda!!

Good work Macca. I knew we could count on you! Im not sure about the Chilian form guide, but i did notice Uraguay was abandoned !

Im considering constructing a racetrack right here Macca. We can start training snails midweek and have them at the track by the weekend. You can each have your own stables and its an easy drive up the highway to Ballarat. Barrier draw every wednesday night. Hey we can even have a city vs country cup ! Winner takes home a fresh pack of imported toilet paper.

• Haha 2

Crazy isn’t it ?? Being a sports fan and seeing a lot of events listed as ‘Postp’ on various websites is nuts. Most of us enjoy 2 hrs of sports as an escape from reality, will this be reality now? 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, Dee Zephyr said:

Crazy isn’t it ?? Being a sports fan and seeing a lot of events listed as ‘Postp’ on various websites is nuts. Most of us enjoy 2 hrs of sports as an escape from reality, will this be reality now? 

Well if I'm calling for the AFL & NRL to be postponed (indefinitely) then the gambling sports should cease as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Well if I'm calling for the AFL & NRL to be postponed (indefinitely) then the gambling sports should cease as well.

It's all on ... Footy,  League & the Racing.  Very uneasy about it all but from a selfish point of view,  I'll be tuning in.  But for how long?

What happens if a jockey tests positive?  That jockey's room sees them all in close proximity with gear flying around everywhere.  Anyway,  the best bet to follow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macca said:

It's all on ... Footy,  League & the Racing.  Very uneasy about it all but from a selfish point of view,  I'll be tuning in.  But for how long?

What happens if a jockey tests positive?  That jockey's room sees them all in close proximity with gear flying around everywhere.  Anyway,  the best bet to follow.

Same here Macca, not comfortable one bit with it all going ahead. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
Maybe too much info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Same here Macca, not comfortable one bit with it all going ahead. 

The racing has been cancelled in the UK until the end of April DZ whilst they are still racing in Ireland & the USA (albeit with no crowds)

I suppose there aren't that many people involved on racedays but the jockeys should be given separate rooms.  And at a large racecourse there would be a fair bit of spare space.

Again,  I reckon we can do without but I'll tune in as it's either that or other forms of entertainment (that doesn't involve information about the virus)

But it's only going to take one positive test and that will be the end of it (you'd imagine)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Strange days indeed.

It feels odd (right now) to be interested in what is often perceived to be a gambling sport (only) but even as a horse racing enthusiast I'm struggling with it all Wadda

And there is so much money involved with up to 250,000 people employed in the industry (in some way)  And that could all stop abruptly. 

That number seems a tad high but the 250,000 is apparently the equivalent of 77,000 jobs.  Footy would be a high number as well when considering the catering,  beverages,  gate people and thousands of others that are directly or indirectly effected.  And we purchase memberships to go to the games.  Everyone loses.

So to keep people working I suppose it's ok to want the racing to continue.  But the racing in the UK was closed down a few weeks ago so it may not last long here as well.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Macca said:

It feels odd (right now) to be interested in what is often perceived to be a gambling sport (only) but even as a horse racing enthusiast I'm struggling with it all Wadda

And there is so much money involved with up to 250,000 people employed in the industry (in some way)  And that could all stop abruptly. 

That number seems a tad high but the 250,000 is apparently the equivalent of 77,000 jobs.  Footy would be a high number as well when considering the catering,  beverages,  gate people and thousands of others that are directly or indirectly effected.  And we purchase memberships to go to the games.  Everyone loses.

So to keep people working I suppose it's ok to want the racing to continue.  But the racing in the UK was closed down a few weeks ago so it may not last long here as well.

I think the thing in our favour compared to the UK is the population density. Along with Holland, the UK is one of the most densely populated places going around, ditto Hong Kong. We are lucky everything here is so spread out. I drove past Flemington yesterday and the overall size of the place is just so enormous, its like a small suburb. Might be one of the safest places around to be honest. But as the worldwide toll continues to spiral who knows whats coming next.......never fear Macca, my snails are almost ready !

EDIT: All Victorian racing cancelled now.....Looks like NSW still going for now.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well the racing continues and I'm on board.  Oddly enough,  the lack of crowds doesn't really make any difference. 

So there's some big racing coming up over the next 2 Saturday's at Randwick.

My highlight from last Saturday was the commanding performance by 'Nature Strip' ... and for the first time Gator marked the horse away from his top pick (he rated the horse 4th) haha. 

I wasn't on Nature Strip either but nevertheless,  the horse beat a crack field and did it easily.

Just stay away when the horse runs first up ... 2nd up and onwards,  get on.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

And here are the replay's of the 3 other G1's from Randwick last Saturday ...

• Like 2

Not usually a fan but at 7pm tonight on Foxtel & 10Play we're getting 'live' V8 Supercars (ESports) with the real drivers at the controls

3 races lined up tonight at Phillip Island & Monza

Worth a look at least

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 8 No 1 Hellover Street (Plc) 2.90

Have a look at the Queen Elizabeth Stakes would ya.....how many absolute stars are in that race...

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Best Bet:

Have a look at the Queen Elizabeth Stakes would ya.....how many absolute stars are in that race...

'Hellova Street' is in race 7 Wadda ... excellent choice though,  all the same.  A real good show. 

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 5 No.2 Relucent (Win) $3.80

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Saturday Best

Caulfield Race 8 No.5 Wild Planet (W) $3.00

I noticed WA has all 3 types racing today. Can’t recall if they’ve raced on Good Friday previously. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Macca said:

'Hellova Street' is in race 7 Wadda ... excellent choice though,  all the same.  A real good show. 

Best Bet:

It is too!......i had a rough day yesterday ripping my house to shreds for Corona projects haha.....I was on her last time always pays well and ive been to Prague so i must admit i love the name. Recently switched to the Payne stable as well.

All the picks are good....maybe we needed a break !

• Like 2

Best Bets:

Caulfield Race 7 No 1 Hellover Street (Plc) 2.90

A nice 33/1 approx for your cup of coffee this week, which is a definite investment considering they are all closed !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

It is too!......i had a rough day yesterday ripping my house to shreds for Corona projects haha.....I was on her last time always pays well and ive been to Prague so i must admit i love the name. Recently switched to the Payne stable as well.

All the picks are good....maybe we needed a break !

Normality within the abnormality Wadda ... contact sport would be asking for trouble but the racing & e-Sports can continue (at least for now) 

Really enjoyed the iRacing (V8's) on Wednesday - it was a lot of fun.  And it continues for the next 10 weeks (7pm Wednesday's - Foxtel & 10Play)  Here's hoping they do the same with the F1's.

Cricket & Baseball can go close but the players would still encroach the 1.5 metre or 2.0 metre social distancing ruling.  And the 'Hubs' idea can go completely pear-shaped with regards to other sports with  just 1 positive test.  An accident waiting to happen. 

I like our 3 picks too ... been doing ok at Sha Tin and with JJ's tips out of Morphettville.  Have a lookout for James' tips later in the card ... he tipped the last 2 winners last Saturday (both 6-1 shots) Go to racing.com at about 10am Saturday's for his tips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Macca said:

Normality within the abnormality Wadda ... contact sport would be asking for trouble but the racing & e-Sports can continue (at least for now) 

Really enjoyed the iRacing (V8's) on Wednesday - it was a lot of fun.  And it continues for the next 10 weeks (7pm Wednesday's - Foxtel & 10Play)  Here's hoping they do the same with the F1's.

Cricket & Baseball can go close but the players would still encroach the 1.5 metre or 2.0 metre social distancing ruling.  And the 'Hubs' idea can go completely pear-shaped with regards to other sports with  just 1 positive test.  An accident waiting to happen. 

I like our 3 picks too ... been doing ok at Sha Tin and with JJ's tips out of Morphettville.  Have a lookout for James' tips later in the card ... he tipped the last 2 winners last Saturday (both 6-1 shots) Go to racing.com at about 10am Saturday's for his tips.

Not much chance of the Dees getting within 1.5 to 2m of other players ! The ultimate social distant team...... :)

Now im being mean.......yeah would like to see the F1 back at some stage ....NRL talking about May 28, but possibly just speculating to keep sponsors on board, cant see it happening, not with the amount of cases in NSW anyway.

Somebody somewhere did an algorithm that says VIC virus free in 1 month......but others saying forget 2020 and concentrate on 2021....hard to know what to believe atm. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Not much chance of the Dees getting within 1.5 to 2m of other players ! The ultimate social distant team...... :)

Now im being mean.......yeah would like to see the F1 back at some stage ....NRL talking about May 28, but possibly just speculating to keep sponsors on board, cant see it happening, not with the amount of cases in NSW anyway.

Somebody somewhere did an algorithm that says VIC virus free in 1 month......but others saying forget 2020 and concentrate on 2021....hard to know what to believe atm. 

I'm taking the conservative line Wadda ... buckled up for the long haul and am taking no risks.  If we want to thoroughly beat this virus we have to be thorough.  Each and every one of us. 

Find stuff that stimulates the mind rather than occupies the mind.  I'm still working of course and am flat out busy.  So that helps enormously but that's just me. 

The continuation of racing is fabulous ... more time to do the form if one is bored!

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, Dee Zephyr said:

Saturday Best

I noticed WA has all 3 types racing today. Can’t recall if they’ve raced on Good Friday previously. 

On 4/9/2020 at 9:19 PM, Wadda We Sing said:

Best Bet:

Relucent is out so new best bet ...

Randwick Race 8 No.1 Danon Premium $4.60

• Like 2

Carnt of a day on the punt.

Sufficeth to say bombed the Quaddie in leg one and my runners in the last leg got home for a huge trifecta.

No I did not place that trifecta.

That Sikandarabad only runs a half decent race when I aint on it.To spite me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1