Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

9 minutes ago, Macca said:

Use the pick anyway you like with these value picks Wadda ... if win & place I'd recommend 6 units the win,  4 units the place (money back for 2nd or 3rd)  In the exotics I'd mark it on top with 2 others,  in a quaddie as part of a multiple choice and in a multi - take your pick - win or place. 

But to make a choice - place preferred in a multi ($2.70) but the horse can win and Gator has picked it to win as well and that has reinforced my thoughts.

As for Deeza's pick last week ... I got the win collect & the exacta (which paid surprisingly well) with 'Amphitrite'  ... so 3 collects with our 3 picks.  Overall,  I was down a little bit last week but our picks got me close to breaking even.  So the value was there. 

Gee I like the $4.40 for Hartnell (place) ... seems overs considering the class of the horse and it's ability to get into the finish.

Ok i see. Yes we can all use the picks in many ways.  So its (plc) then, cool. 2 plc bets so far, not a bad way to go with so much talent in the fields, even a plc is hard.    .....and now its over to DZ to bring us home!!

Yes as far as value goes...(at the risk of sounding like KB)......I cant go past it really. I liked Ace High for nearly 3.00 the plc in the last, but his record at Caulfield isnt that great, and hes still working up to 2000+. Hartnell however, is 2 from 2 at 1400 in grp races at Caulfield. Cant get much better.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok i see. Yes we can all use the picks in many ways.  So its (plc) then, cool. 2 plc bets so far, not a bad way to go with so much talent in the fields, even a plc is hard.    .....and now its over to DZ to bring us home!!

Yes as far as value goes...(at the risk of sounding like KB)......I cant go past it really. I liked Ace High for nearly 3.00 the plc in the last, but his record at Caulfield isnt that great. Hartnell however, is 2 from 2 at 1400 in grp races at Caulfield. Cant get much better.

I just got 4.90 (place) for Hartnell on Laddies ... the plunge is on though Wadda (emanating from 'land) so it will no doubt shorten!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

I just got 4.90 (place) for Hartnell on Laddies ... the plunge is on though Wadda (emanating from 'land) so it will no doubt shorten!

Well thats great value Macca. Yes, haha they are all onto us now, especially with Deeza (they call me Winx) DZ picks of late.

He actually seems to be drifting a bit, because he was 16 last night when first i had a look.......but thats fine, money fluctuations dont effect form. Bring it on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well thats great value Macca. Yes, haha they are all onto us now, especially with Deeza (they call me Winx) DZ picks of late.

He actually seems to be drifting a bit, because he was 16 last night when first i had a look.......but thats fine, money fluctuations dont effect form. Bring it on.

If I get any bonus bets I will be plunging big time on the Deeza pick.  A free bet for a certain win!

No pressure though Deeza

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

If I get any bonus bets I will be plunging big time on the Deeza pick.  A free bet for a certain win!

No pressure though Deeza

Its like having the lotto numbers 2 days before the draw Macca !!....its unworldly....

No pressure though DZ....

• Haha 2

Ha Ha you guys, the lucky streak has coincided with the newest little fella arriving 10 weeks ago. I’m the go to guy for late night bottle feeds, fair to say I’ve finally worked out the formula for both of us, pardon the pun. 

• Haha 2

Best Bet

Rosehill Race 7 Number 5

Cool Passion - Win $6.50 Place $2.30

Edit: Sorry fellas, the pick is for the win, the place might appeal to some.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

The games afoot! Once more to the bridge my friends.....

Best Bets:

Rosehill Race 7 Number 5   Cool Passion - Win $6.50

Caulfield Race 6 No 1 Hartnell (Plc) $4.40

Caulfield Race 7 No 11 Athiri (Plc)  $2.70

Ok folks there you have it. Those bets in a multi will get you 77/1 or thereabouts! Good luck punters.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

The games afoot! Once more to the bridge my friends.....

Best Bets:

Ok folks there you have it. Those bets in a multi will get you 77/1 or thereabouts! Good luck punters.

Now that is a good multi and well thought out by the team.  We only need the 1 win (Cool Passion) and we've got the leading tipster here (Deeza) with that one. 

The 2 place chances include Hartnell who is an absolute proven big race performer whilst Athiri has got the closing speed (with Craig Williams on board) to get into the finish.  77/1 is overs!  (I just got on at 90-1)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

And there's a decent pipe-opener to begin the weekend's racing (tomorrow night at the Valley) A good betting race with at least 4 strong winning chances.  

Moonee Valley Race 7  Typhoon Tracy Stakes  Group 3  SW+P  3yo Fillies

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Now that is a good multi and well thought out by the team.  We only need the 1 win (Cool Passion) and we've got the leading tipster here (Deeza) with that one. 

The 2 place chances include Hartnell who is an absolute proven big race performer whilst Athiri has got the closing speed (with Craig Williams on board) to get into the finish.  77/1 is overs!  (I just got on at 90-1)

It was well thought out by the team.....thats why i like putting people with different approaches together.

Yes i was thinking that last night. 77/1 for a win and 2 places is very good. Well done on getting 90!

• Like 2

Some slight drifting going on, only slight. Just got 100.50/1 on Ladbrokes odds boost.

Is odds boost 1 a day? ...or is it 1 a week??

Solid win to the Dees this morning too.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

I'm back fellas. Started up last week but forgot to post my bets bet. Which by the way was In her time.

Had an ok week last week, with three winner in Melbourne. But not single one in Sydney.

Bad does of Punters lament. Accidentally left out a number in my only trifecta bet for the day - Its Invincible, which i really liked - and missed out on a a return of 1700 (would have had the trif 1.75 times). So frustrating. Got the first four in the next (in her times rce) - but only a third of a paltry 395.

have not done my form yet. Will do this arvo as i have the day off. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, binman said:

I'm back fellas. Started up last week but forgot to post my bets bet. Which by the way was In her time.

Had an ok week last week, with three winner in Melbourne. But not single one in Sydney.

Bad does of Punters lament. Accidentally left out a number in my only trifecta bet for the day - Its Invincible, which i really liked - and missed out on a a return of 1700 (would have had the trif 1.75 times). So frustrating. Got the first four in the next (in her times rce) - but only a third of a paltry 395.

Good to have you back BM, we have missed you. Bad luck on that trifecta, nothing worse than forgetting a number!

Have a look at our selections above so far first...... Do your form and i will include it in our selections later.

DZ has been on fire in recent months....hes our go to guy this Autumn so far..

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Some slight drifting going on, only slight. Just got 100.50/1 on Ladbrokes odds boost.

Is odds boost 1 a day? ...or is it 1 a week??

Solid win to the Dees this morning too.

You should be getting a total of 6 odds boosts per day at Laddies ... 2 win,  2 multi & 2 exotic

But you can't use the same team or horse more than once to get the boost

Look in the 'Bet Slip' area (top right) or do a dummy bet using 'add to bet slip' to find

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

Ypu should be getting a total of 6 odds boosts per day at Laddies ... 2 win,  2 multi & 2 exotic

But you can't use the same team or horse more than once to get the boost

Look in the 'Bet Slip' area (top right) or do a dummy bet using 'add to bet slip' to find

Oh ok ok.....got it. I couldnt work it because it seemed like i was getting more some weeks than others.

Cheers for that Macca.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

Yeah welcome back BM

And as Wadda mentioned ...to save any double-ups just do a quick scroll if you can (on the best bets) You won't have to scroll back very far ... usually on the same page.

For instance,  we had Osborne Bulls in the Lightning last week so that race was already being used ... unless you get in first of course!

Good punting!

• Like 2

Brett Prebble rides 'Embrace Me' to victory in the Typhoon Tracy Stakes in a big boilover.  And all 4 of the fancied runners failed to get into the first 4 (which paid close enough to 27k)

Didn't see that coming ... there again,  the Valley can often throw up these sorts of results. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Macca said:

Brett Prebble rides 'Embrace Me' to victory in the Typhoon Tracy Stakes in a big boilover.  And all 4 of the fancied runners failed to get into the first 4 (which paid close enough to 27k)

Didn't see that coming ... there again,  the Valley can often throw up these sorts of results. 

Needs a bulldozer, that would help..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Needs a bulldozer, that would help..

Not your favourite track Wadda? haha

There's probably a way to work out a race at the Valley but I'm stumped if I know what that is ... even Gator struggles there and you can tell that he gets frustrated with the way the racing pans out at MV. 

I had a few bets and broke dead-even on the night ... but I'll take that as a win! (got an ok collect in the lucky last)

We've talked about this before but my 3 favourite tracks are Flemington,  Randwick and then Rosehill.  Morphettville too but mainly because of JJ's expertise.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, binman said:

My best bet is avilius race 8 at caulfield. Good price too and should be odds on. A class above.

Thats a good pick BM, however we already have a selection in that race, albiet for a (plc). The selections so far are below.

Best Bets:

I guess you can select that as we only selected a place in that race, what do you think Macca? I dont really mind to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Thats a good pick BM, however we already have a selection in that race, albiet for a (plc). The selections so far are below.

Best Bets:

I guess you can select that as we only selected a place in that race, what do you think Macca? I dont really mind to be honest.

Avilius (no.8) is actually in race 9 (Peter Young Stakes) not race 8 anyway Wadda ... you may be thinking of Alizee in race 6. 

I get both horses mixed up as well sometimes - I'll leave it to you to figure out the combined odds ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

Avilius (no.8) is actually in race 9 (Peter Young Stakes) not race 8 anyway Wadda ... you may be thinking of Alizee in race 6. 

I get both horses mixed up as well sometimes - I'll leave it to you to figure out the combined odds ?

Opps sorry @binman my apologies. Yes well he said race 8, threw me....Late night last night haha. Cheers Macca....carry on.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Haha 2