• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

He looks very, very skinny and young.  But if that's the main reason he's been overlooked it makes sense to see what happens to his body with even a couple of months in the system.

There's little point leaving a spot vacant for a year.

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Like 1
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: he can fly.   

Told Kobe has been offered a list spot with announcement to follow 

Also note the hashtags that he used on the photo: #deesupayingattention #draftthiskidwhileyoustillcan...nothing about the Dockers.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, daisycutter said:

nope, he's 1 month past any possible f/s nomination. he's now open market.

That is a worry. 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

The Kobe Farmer story has been shrouded in a bit of mystery from my perspective. A few months ago, the word was that he was likely to go to Freo as a father/son or NGA ahead of Melbourne. Then he suddenly appears here in early December, nominates for the draft and misses out entirely.

Our romantic side tells us it would make a great story. The return of the prodigal son of one of our legends is here to mesmerize us with the same magical exploits of his father. I hope it happens but a couple of things do bother me — why have the Dockers fallen off Kobe and by the way, did I miss something else like his measurements? 

It took a bit of searching but I eventually found these statistics from the Peel Thunder site. They appear to be recent and, if correct, put him at 2cm shorter than Kozzie. The stats suggest he has an uphill battle to make the grade. Caleb Daniel at 168cm is the only player in the AFL shorter than him and even Brent Daniels is taller at 170cm but they are both extremely accomplished players. Anyway, good luck to him!

DB94AC1C-8E8A-4C2F-92B9-B1CFC6DF7F3A.jpeg

My observation has Kobe pushing 178cm. 

Jeff was 175cm in his playing days. And in a recent photo with his father, Kobe is definitely taller...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dee tention said:

My observation has Kobe pushing 178cm. 

Jeff was 175cm in his playing days. And in a recent photo with his father, Kobe is definitely taller...

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

23 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

There’s no evidence to say that 5G didn’t cause Farmer’s height gain 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

When I was at the MFC the players were listed at heights that were not only incorrect but under there actual height because they were never measured again from the time they were recruited making match ups difficult for the other clubs, only there weight was measured.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

How about YOU go with whatever you like...! 
I will go with ‘MY OBSERVATION’.
178cm it is...😆

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’d love him to play for us, he’s obviously good but is he great like his dad?

his dad wasn't great when we drafted him tho was he, development takes time and with ooze and chocco onboard we might see some of that actually happen next year

On 12/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Does Williams have indigenous heritage himself and/or has he got a good track record of understanding and getting the most out of players with an indigenous background? 

I'm genuinely interested.

Has developed and nurtured Peter and Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Pearce and a couple others through his time a Port Adelaide.

I would say there would be more at GWS and Richmond for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Has developed and nurtured Peter and Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Pearce and a couple others through his time a Port Adelaide.

I would say there would be more at GWS and Richmond for sure.

Your making this stuff up. You may as well say Clarkson (Franklin, Williams, Rioli) or Leigh Mathews (White, Johnson, McGrath) had "special" talent for developing Indigenous players.

Fact is Pearce & the Burgoynes were very talented players & would probably have succeeded anywhere.

Im glad we have Mark Williams because he has a reputation of being good at developing young players regardless of their background.

1 hour ago, Turner said:

his dad wasn't great when we drafted him tho was he, development takes time and with ooze and chocco onboard we might see some of that actually happen next year

No he was bloody good. His nickname the Wizard came from a melbourne recruiter who watched him tore it up at junior level.

2 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Your making this stuff up. You may as well say Clarkson (Franklin, Williams, Rioli) or Leigh Mathews (White, Johnson, McGrath) had "special" talent for developing Indigenous players.

Fact is Pearce & the Burgoynes were very talented players & would probably have succeeded anywhere.

Im glad we have Mark Williams because he has a reputation of being good at developing young players regardless of their background.

How can i be making this stuff up? Didn't they play under Mark Williams?

So they didn't make their names under his tutelage?

The Burgoyne Brother were premiership players under Chocco and according to you had nothing to do with their development.

Daniel Pearce was actually a promoted from the Rookie list so he must have had an influence on his career you would think CF.

Your kidding yourself CF.

Have a think about what you say before you go posting champion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

How can i be making this stuff up? Didn't they play under Mark Williams?

So they didn't make their names under his tutelage?

The Burgoyne Brother were premiership players under Chocco and according to you had nothing to do with their development.

Daniel Pearce was actually a promoted from the Rookie list so he must have had an influence on his career you would think CF.

Your kidding yourself CF.

Have a think about what you say before you go posting champion.

It seems we both agree that Williams is good at developing young players.

My point was about suggestions that he has some special skill or track record for developing indigenous players.

I pointed out that there is nothing special about Williams in that and plenty of coaches (Clarkson, Mathews) also have good records of developing young Indigenous players.  You could add Sheedy, Hinkley and Mark Thompson.

13 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

I think he’s a long shot and nothing more. If he didn’t have the Farmer name I doubt we’d be giving him a trial. It would be great to see a Farmer running around in the red and blue but I won’t be holding my breath.

I'm okay with him getting a shot as the last player on the list if he has some potential. The issue becomes when we give a bloke a shot, then keep him on the list for way too long (eg Bedford & Chandler).

9 minutes ago, poita said:

I'm okay with him getting a shot as the last player on the list if he has some potential. The issue becomes when we give a bloke a shot, then keep him on the list for way too long (eg Bedford & Chandler).

Poita they have had 3 games btween them!!!

Have been at Club for 2 years one which  the Club played about 3 games of footy in other than Seniors. Give them a chance! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chelly said:

Has there been any official article other than what’s on the Peel Thunder website giving Farmer’s statistics? Height? Weight? Etc?

Nothing at all. Even the full draftee list on the Herald Sun doesn't have heights. 

23 hours ago, Chelly said:

Has there been any official article other than what’s on the Peel Thunder website giving Farmer’s statistics? Height? Weight? Etc?

Yes, Whispering_Jack went digging as he was also interested. Below is his post from a page back.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

The Kobe Farmer story has been shrouded in a bit of mystery from my perspective. A few months ago, the word was that he was likely to go to Freo as a father/son or NGA ahead of Melbourne. Then he suddenly appears here in early December, nominates for the draft and misses out entirely.

Our romantic side tells us it would make a great story. The return of the prodigal son of one of our legends is here to mesmerize us with the same magical exploits of his father. I hope it happens but a couple of things do bother me — why have the Dockers fallen off Kobe and by the way, did I miss something else like his measurements? 

It took a bit of searching but I eventually found these statistics from the Peel Thunder site. They appear to be recent and, if correct, put him at 2cm shorter than Kozzie. The stats suggest he has an uphill battle to make the grade. Caleb Daniel at 168cm is the only player in the AFL shorter than him and even Brent Daniels is taller at 170cm but they are both extremely accomplished players. Anyway, good luck to him!

DB94AC1C-8E8A-4C2F-92B9-B1CFC6DF7F3A.jpeg

• Like 2

On TV the other night was taller than his father. Not 169cm any more.

• Haha 1

Signings for rookie spots are available until March  9th. Williams will no doubt have a close look from a potential development perspective and a decision will be made one way or the other. Young Kobe will no doubt give it his best shot.  Worth a try. 

Its obvious that we are going all out to get a couple of gun smalls into the team.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, Cranky Franky said:

MFC the source of all truths.

• Haha 1