Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

He looks very, very skinny and young.  But if that's the main reason he's been overlooked it makes sense to see what happens to his body with even a couple of months in the system.

There's little point leaving a spot vacant for a year.

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: he can fly.   

Told Kobe has been offered a list spot with announcement to follow 

Also note the hashtags that he used on the photo: #deesupayingattention #draftthiskidwhileyoustillcan...nothing about the Dockers.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, daisycutter said:

nope, he's 1 month past any possible f/s nomination. he's now open market.

That is a worry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

The Kobe Farmer story has been shrouded in a bit of mystery from my perspective. A few months ago, the word was that he was likely to go to Freo as a father/son or NGA ahead of Melbourne. Then he suddenly appears here in early December, nominates for the draft and misses out entirely.

Our romantic side tells us it would make a great story. The return of the prodigal son of one of our legends is here to mesmerize us with the same magical exploits of his father. I hope it happens but a couple of things do bother me — why have the Dockers fallen off Kobe and by the way, did I miss something else like his measurements? 

It took a bit of searching but I eventually found these statistics from the Peel Thunder site. They appear to be recent and, if correct, put him at 2cm shorter than Kozzie. The stats suggest he has an uphill battle to make the grade. Caleb Daniel at 168cm is the only player in the AFL shorter than him and even Brent Daniels is taller at 170cm but they are both extremely accomplished players. Anyway, good luck to him!

DB94AC1C-8E8A-4C2F-92B9-B1CFC6DF7F3A.jpeg

My observation has Kobe pushing 178cm. 

Jeff was 175cm in his playing days. And in a recent photo with his father, Kobe is definitely taller...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dee tention said:

My observation has Kobe pushing 178cm. 

Jeff was 175cm in his playing days. And in a recent photo with his father, Kobe is definitely taller...

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

 

There’s no evidence to say that 5G didn’t cause Farmer’s height gain 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was at the MFC the players were listed at heights that were not only incorrect but under there actual height because they were never measured again from the time they were recruited making match ups difficult for the other clubs, only there weight was measured.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

 

How about YOU go with whatever you like...! 
I will go with ‘MY OBSERVATION’.
178cm it is...😆

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’d love him to play for us, he’s obviously good but is he great like his dad?

his dad wasn't great when we drafted him tho was he, development takes time and with ooze and chocco onboard we might see some of that actually happen next year

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Does Williams have indigenous heritage himself and/or has he got a good track record of understanding and getting the most out of players with an indigenous background? 

I'm genuinely interested.

 Has developed and nurtured Peter and Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Pearce and a couple others through his time a Port Adelaide.

I would say there would be more at GWS and Richmond for sure.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

 Has developed and nurtured Peter and Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Pearce and a couple others through his time a Port Adelaide.

I would say there would be more at GWS and Richmond for sure.

Your making this stuff up. You may as well say Clarkson (Franklin, Williams, Rioli) or Leigh Mathews (White, Johnson, McGrath) had "special" talent for developing Indigenous players.

Fact is Pearce & the Burgoynes were very talented players & would probably have succeeded anywhere.

Im glad we have Mark Williams because he has a reputation of being good at developing young players regardless of their background.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turner said:

his dad wasn't great when we drafted him tho was he, development takes time and with ooze and chocco onboard we might see some of that actually happen next year

No he was bloody good. His nickname the Wizard came from a melbourne recruiter who watched him tore it up at junior level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Your making this stuff up. You may as well say Clarkson (Franklin, Williams, Rioli) or Leigh Mathews (White, Johnson, McGrath) had "special" talent for developing Indigenous players.

Fact is Pearce & the Burgoynes were very talented players & would probably have succeeded anywhere.

Im glad we have Mark Williams because he has a reputation of being good at developing young players regardless of their background.

 

How can i be making this stuff up? Didn't they play under Mark Williams?

So they didn't make their names under his tutelage?

The Burgoyne Brother were premiership players under Chocco and according to you had nothing to do with their development.

Daniel Pearce was actually a promoted from the Rookie list so he must have had an influence on his career you would think CF.

Your kidding yourself CF.

Have a think about what you say before you go posting champion.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

How can i be making this stuff up? Didn't they play under Mark Williams?

So they didn't make their names under his tutelage?

The Burgoyne Brother were premiership players under Chocco and according to you had nothing to do with their development.

Daniel Pearce was actually a promoted from the Rookie list so he must have had an influence on his career you would think CF.

Your kidding yourself CF.

Have a think about what you say before you go posting champion.

It seems we both agree that Williams is good at developing young players.

My point was about suggestions that he has some special skill or track record for developing indigenous players.

I pointed out that there is nothing special about Williams in that and plenty of coaches (Clarkson, Mathews) also have good records of developing young Indigenous players.  You could add Sheedy, Hinkley and Mark Thompson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

I think he’s a long shot and nothing more. If he didn’t have the Farmer name I doubt we’d be giving him a trial. It would be great to see a Farmer running around in the red and blue but I won’t be holding my breath.

I'm okay with him getting a shot as the last player on the list if he has some potential. The issue becomes when we give a bloke a shot, then keep him on the list for way too long (eg Bedford & Chandler).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, poita said:

I'm okay with him getting a shot as the last player on the list if he has some potential. The issue becomes when we give a bloke a shot, then keep him on the list for way too long (eg Bedford & Chandler).

Poita they have had 3 games btween them!!!

Have been at Club for 2 years one which  the Club played about 3 games of footy in other than Seniors. Give them a chance! 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chelly said:

Has there been any official article other than what’s on the Peel Thunder website giving Farmer’s statistics? Height? Weight? Etc?

Nothing at all. Even the full draftee list on the Herald Sun doesn't have heights. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Chelly said:

Has there been any official article other than what’s on the Peel Thunder website giving Farmer’s statistics? Height? Weight? Etc?

Yes, Whispering_Jack went digging as he was also interested. Below is his post from a page back.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

The Kobe Farmer story has been shrouded in a bit of mystery from my perspective. A few months ago, the word was that he was likely to go to Freo as a father/son or NGA ahead of Melbourne. Then he suddenly appears here in early December, nominates for the draft and misses out entirely.

Our romantic side tells us it would make a great story. The return of the prodigal son of one of our legends is here to mesmerize us with the same magical exploits of his father. I hope it happens but a couple of things do bother me — why have the Dockers fallen off Kobe and by the way, did I miss something else like his measurements? 

It took a bit of searching but I eventually found these statistics from the Peel Thunder site. They appear to be recent and, if correct, put him at 2cm shorter than Kozzie. The stats suggest he has an uphill battle to make the grade. Caleb Daniel at 168cm is the only player in the AFL shorter than him and even Brent Daniels is taller at 170cm but they are both extremely accomplished players. Anyway, good luck to him!

DB94AC1C-8E8A-4C2F-92B9-B1CFC6DF7F3A.jpeg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On TV the other night was taller than his father. Not 169cm any more.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Signings for rookie spots are available until March  9th. Williams will no doubt have a close look from a potential development perspective and a decision will be made one way or the other. Young Kobe will no doubt give it his best shot.  Worth a try. 

Its obvious that we are going all out to get a couple of gun smalls into the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, Cranky Franky said:

Are you serious "My Observation" ? You may as well say "Max Gawn is listed at 208cm but my observation when he was standing next to Steven May is that he is pushing 215cm"

Some of the comments on Demonland are as kooky as the climate deniers or those claiming 5g causes covid.

How about we go with the information on his Club's site which lists him at 169 cm.

 

MFC the source of all truths.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    CANCEL CULTURE by Whispering Jack

    I’m not one who likes mixing politics with sport but it should be noted there have been some unusual trends in the world of sport lately. In the US, Major League Baseball announced that it’s moving the 2021 All-Star Game and the 2021 MLB Draft out of Georgia, in response to the state’s new voting law. Over here, there’s a move to force Carlton to change its club song because the original song on which it was based (written in the late 1800s) has “racist connotations”. The Blues maintain the curr

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MOGGIES MASTERED by George on the Outer

    They say that herding cats is an impossible task but not for the Melbourne Demons who through relentless pressure, scored a commanding 25 point victory in Round 4 over Geelong at the MCG. The team that missed the AFL finals only once in the past dozen years were shown up by the new Demons of 2021 who have recorded their first 4-0 opening to the season in 21 years! Melbourne knew what was coming, and it was Geelong who were shown up for their inability to adapt to the 2021 style of foot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNDER MY SKIN by The Oracle

    The story goes that there’s a certain player from Geelong who has been seen in Moorabool Street crooning the old Sinatra classic, “I’ve got you under my skin.” His name is O’Connor and he’s been tasked to achieve one thing on Sunday by his coach, Chris Scott: to get under the skin of a Demon midfielder on Sunday and thereby tag him out of the big contest at the G. The idea behind the tactic is to not only blunt one of the team’s most destructive weapons but to distract them all from producing th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAX IN SPACE

    Demon skipper Max Gawn is one big unit at 208cm and lately he’s been standing even taller. We already know that he’s unstoppable in the air when going for a mark but with three consecutive victories to open the season, you might say that he has his head in the clouds.  And that is literally true thanks to a fan at Demonland.com who recently arranged for our big ruckman to go even further than the clouds but way beyond to the edge of space and into the stratosphere. And this photograph of Ma

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 25

    CAPITAL PUNISHMENT by George on the Outer

    A 34-point win in the nation’s capital has seen the Demons kill the Giants hopes early in the 2021 season. It wasn’t only the scoreboard, but a succession of injuries to major players for GWS that has put paid to their aspirations. The winning result wasn’t just due to the opposition losing players, but also to the relentless pressure from this 2021 Melbourne side that put them in the winners circle. In past years, a 16 point deficit at the first change combined with a rampant Toby Greene w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    POWER AND THE PASSION by Whispering Jack

    The Demons ran out for their Qualifying Final match against the Fremantle Dockers at Casey Fields as the sounds of Midnight Oils’ “Power and the Passion cascaded over the mainly friendly pro-Melbourne crowd. It was a far cry from the season opener at Carrara in late January where few of their fans were in attendance in high 20’s heat and humidity and silence greeted every score from the slow-starting Demons. They ran away from the lowly Suns, won comfortably in the end and followed that with ano

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BREAK OUT by Whispering Jack

    Despite the chaotic events occurring in Canberra over the past few weeks, one thing is for certain. This weekend’s game at Manuka Oval in the nation’s capital between the GWS Giants and Melbourne will decide which of Scott Morrison or Leon Cameron is the most under the pump at this point in time.  This time twelve months ago, the Giants were coming off a season in which they had played off in a grand final. They opened up their 2020 campaign with a resounding 32-point victory in round 1 aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MARVELOUS PRESSURE by George on the Outer

    Is this a new form of Melbourne which has suddenly emerged in 2021?  In the past, whenever the pressure was applied, the team would falter early and as a consequence, it would more often than not, be forced to confront its own self-inflicted failure. But perhaps not so this year. The match at Marvel Stadium against the Saints provided an insight into how creating pressure, actually relieves it on the club, players and coach. Right from the start, Melbourne was there to make a stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    STUCK IN THE MIDDLE by The Oracle

    Throughout the off season, St Kilda was touted as an improver and a possible challenger for a top four position mainly off the back of another good trade and draft period at the end of last year. Then in Round 1, the undermanned Saints made a shaky start and almost succumbed to the Giants but they managed to come home from a wet and woolly Sydney with the four points intact. For Round 2, they have a couple of handy players returning so they come into the the game at Marvel Stadium choc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A SCRAPPY, SLOPPY SUCCESS by George on the Outer

    After what seemed like an eternity without Footy in Melbourne, the Demons and their fans produced a scrappy, sloppy yet successful return to the MCG. Yet is was against an interstate team from the furthest reaches of the country, but the 21K fans who made it through the gates, was way below expectations for numbers.  Sure it can’t have helped with all the difficulty that Ticketek imposed just to get a ticket, and since you just couldn’t walk up, perhaps the number wasn’t that surprising.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNFINISHED BUSINESS by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club has unfinished business with Fremantle after that unexpected loss in their previous clash at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns cost it a place in last year’s finals campaign.   Back then, the tired Demons spluttered listlessly through the humid conditions in tropical far North Queensland playing in and losing two games in the space of four days and against two lowly clubs. The end result was much more than an embarrassment for the club given what was at stake at th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PRACTICE PUMMELLING by George on the Outer

    Was this a practice for what lay ahead for the Demons in 2021 or was it an outcome to expect because it was used as a true practice game? Those of us on the outside will never know, but a 39 point loss to the Western Bulldogs was a pummelling in anyone’s language. We can draw some consolation from the players that Melbourne put on the field, with Toby Bedford, Jake Bowey, Kade Chandler, James Jordon and Tom Sparrow each getting a guernsey whereas they probably would not normally be in the f

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...