• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Go and read the question I replied too.

People are surprised he isn't being talked up. My answer is pretty much that would most likely mean that he is simply not rated potential to draft standard. 

It seems he's rookie at best.

Even if not highly rated, he's playing WAFL Colts and has enrolled in the draft. Given who his dad is and that he's f/s eligible at 2 clubs I find it very strange the media haven't mentioned him at all. Any article would get a plenty of clicks

• Like 2
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: he can fly.   

Told Kobe has been offered a list spot with announcement to follow 

Also note the hashtags that he used on the photo: #deesupayingattention #draftthiskidwhileyoustillcan...nothing about the Dockers.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

Even if not highly rated, he's playing WAFL Colts and has enrolled in the draft. Given who his dad is and that he's f/s eligible at 2 clubs I find it very strange the media haven't mentioned him at all. Any article would get a plenty of clicks

It is weird, given who his father is, that it hasn't generated any press.
Even if he's not AFL standard, you'd think there'd be an article on Fremantle and MFC 'rejecting' the son of a former champ.

Perhaps there's a bit of Jake Lovett about this one; people really wanting/wishing a son of a gun to be better than he is.

I do love the romance of the Father/Son rule and it would be great to see Viney, Woewodin, Farmer and White don the red and blue together again one day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dee-licious said:

As he is a father son my understanding is that he can only be a rookie listed if no one places a bid. Looking like rookie at best at this point. which is not bad - see what he can do in the system. 

I really don't understand any of this father/son stuff... so, if no one places a bid and he can only be rookie listed, in the case where he is eligible for f/s at two clubs (Melb and Freo), which club has first dibs?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hardtack said:

I really don't understand any of this father/son stuff... so, if no one places a bid and he can only be rookie listed, in the case where he is eligible for f/s at two clubs (Melb and Freo), which club has first dibs?

The player must nominate as a F/S or Academy for the team they wish to go with. In this case, if he nominated us, we would be able to match any bids, but Freo would not. If he nominated Freo, they would be able to match any bids and we would not. I hope this explains it.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, AshleyH30 said:

The player must nominate as a F/S or Academy for the team they wish to go with. In this case, if he nominated us, we would be able to match any bids, but Freo would not. If he nominated Freo, they would be able to match any bids and we would not. I hope this explains it.

At the moment it appears that the deadline for nomination has passed and there’s no evidence that he’s nominated or been accepted. Unless otherwise notified, he’s out there and available to be drafted by anyone. 

AFL Draft 2020: Ultimate Guide. How does the bidding system work?

So here is the closest we have gotten to confirmation that neither Freo or MFC have nominated K. Farmer as a F/S player with no official word.

THE ACADEMY NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Brisbane Lions: Blake Coleman, Carter Michael

Gold Coast Suns: Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Rhys Nicholls, Hewago Paul Oea

GWS Giants: Josh Green

Sydney Swans: Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden

THE NEXT GENERATION ACADEMY NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Adelaide Crows: James Borlase, Tariek Newchurch

Collingwood: Reef McInnes

Essendon: Josh Eyre, Cody Brand

Fremantle: Joel Western, Brandon Walker

Hawthorn: Connor Downie

Port Adelaide: Lachlan Jones

West Coast Eagles: Jamison Ugle

Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Cody Raak

THE FATHER-SON NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Port Adelaide: Taj Schofield

Richmond: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Western Bulldogs: Ewan MacPherson

On 12/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

man i hope if he has nominated for the draft he comes to us

would like to think his dad is in his ear to move to the big smoke

Bludd-oath! Like his dad, he's a small bloke but when he matures, there ain't going to be any problems on the field - fast, cunning, tricky, clever as hell, talented, perfectly mentored up close with his father, hungry to succeed. Playing at Colts level with his adolescent frame is a credit to him, already. Hark, hark, the watch-dogs bark! If he is nominated for the draft, by hell I would hope we use our highest pick to attain him - now! 

23 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Bludd-oath! Like his dad, he's a small bloke but when he matures, there ain't going to be any problems on the field - fast, cunning, tricky, clever as hell, talented, perfectly mentored up close with his father, hungry to succeed. Playing at Colts level with his adolescent frame is a credit to him, already. Hark, hark, the watch-dogs bark! If he is nominated for the draft, by hell I would hope we use our highest pick to attain him - now! 

Maybe just maybe he will be a Demon in a few hours from now.

• Love 1

On 12/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, Turner said:

THE ACADEMY NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Brisbane Lions: Blake Coleman, Carter Michael

Gold Coast Suns: Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Rhys Nicholls, Hewago Paul Oea

GWS Giants: Josh Green

Sydney Swans: Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden

THE NEXT GENERATION ACADEMY NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Adelaide Crows: James Borlase, Tariek Newchurch

Collingwood: Reef McInnes

Essendon: Josh Eyre, Cody Brand

Fremantle: Joel Western, Brandon Walker

Hawthorn: Connor Downie

Port Adelaide: Lachlan Jones

West Coast Eagles: Jamison Ugle

Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Cody Raak

THE FATHER-SON NOMINEES TO LOOK OUT FOR

Port Adelaide: Taj Schofield

Richmond: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Western Bulldogs: Ewan MacPherson

Looking at that list, we are one of only a few clubs that don’t have a player advantage.

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Looking at that list, we are one of only a few clubs that don’t have a player advantage.

Unfortunately I don't think we have any up and coming on the horizon either...

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Anyone can pick him hopefully we do as a rookie. It would be a great marketing tool to have the son of Wiz at the Dees.

4 minutes ago, cantstandyasam said:

Anyone can pick him hopefully we do as a rookie. It would be a great marketing tool to have the son of Wiz at the Dees.

I have no interest in marketing tools.

I want players who are actually talented and show the potential that they could have good strong careers at the Dees.

If Kobe doesn't fit this bill then I don't want him. Picking him based on marketing brand  and that he has the last name Farmer, is setting the kid up to fail.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 6
50 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

He'll be in the 2021 draft pool and likely to go to Freo if he's good enough.

No your wrong he has nominated in this year draft, no one has listed him as a father son, once a player has  nominates for the draft, they can no longer be a father son nomination, clubs only get 1 draft chance to nominate a father son.

On 12/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, don't make me angry said:

No your wrong he has nominated in this year draft, no one has listed him as a father son, once a player has  nominates for the draft, they can no longer be a father son nomination, clubs only get 1 draft chance to nominate a father son.

correct, he was on the nomination list of 1017 kids

still strange there was no mention anywhere in the press

Maybe he will get an invitation to train (as he seems to already have one) and he can try and make the list as we can add 2 players to it now at any time as we have the spots open. 

I think that a few clubs will have 3-4 guys training at the start of the season to see if they can make the list. Not a bad way to do it if you have a group of guys that are speculative. 

Or maybe he is going to uni in Melbourne next year and looking to play for Casey. 

On 12/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, don't make me angry said:

Curious how did he nominate for this years draft? The news article (video) on the previous page said he'd be eligible in the 2021 draft. Was there some for of change that allowed him to nominate a year earlier?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ignition. said:

Curious how did he nominate for this years draft? The news article (video) on the previous page said he'd be eligible in the 2021 draft. Was there some for of change that allowed him to nominate a year earlier?

I checked the AFL  2020 draft nominations farmer had nominated, so I don't know, because another 17 year old was drafted.

• Thanks 1