Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

#PedersenFacts

inAbsolutely stoked for him, he's a soldier alright, does what he can when asked to and doesn't complain when he doesn't get a game.

Hope he plays a few more and not just when Max is out, he gives every game his best and it allows Jack to kick 4 goals instead of battling away in the ruck.

Edited by Dante

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Absolutely stoked for him, he's a soldier alright, does what he can when asked to and doesn't complain when he doesn't get a game.

Hope he plays a few more and not just when Max is out, he gives every game his best and it allows Jack to kick 4 goals instead of battling away I the ruck.

A few more?

Once Gawn is back he will slot back in the forward line next to Hogan unless Goodwin has another brain fade.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Gotta say, kind of nice around here without him. If ya want a piece of Stu, hang around stalkerbook with the other 14 year olds

Which supporter pages does he moderate?

And on Pedersen, he gave us everything asked of him and more.  Ripping game today and if he can bring that each week then we'll be okay.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dante said:

inAbsolutely stoked for him, he's a soldier alright, does what he can when asked to and doesn't complain when he doesn't get a game.

Hope he plays a few more and not just when Max is out, he gives every game his best and it allows Jack to kick 4 goals instead of battling away in the ruck.

Spot on - my son & I admire his work rate so much.

Clearly not the most gifted/talented player on the list but is always one who will give 100% of what's he has got - it may not be enough, but you (and the match committee) know he will give it.

Cam has come a very long way from the infamous 'head duck' in Round 1 all those years ago.

Surely he is now worthy of minor cult status amongst the Demonland faithful?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Chook said:

Pedersen is elite…at sticking to structures. In modern footy, that skill is as good as gold.

And Goody said the much the same at his presser of the much maligned JKH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

A few more?

Once Gawn Spencer is back* he will slot back in the forward line next to Hogan unless Goodwin has another brain fade.

Due back before Max.

Loved Pedos kick down the wing in the 3rd? Qtr (kicking to right of screen). 50 m kick that went parallel with the boundary line and marked less than 1m from the line. Dons supporters howling for OOF before realising it was still in.

#gold

• Like 3

Pedo will never ever be a Coleman winner nor a top 5 place getter in the Bluey.

Neeld originally got him in so he could pass on his knowledge of winning cultures at North Melbourne (just like Tom Gillies was going to pass onto our backmen how the Geelong back 6 worked).:wacko: He was never going to do that as North were middling at the time but he has bought exactly what Goody said he bought. Adherence to structures. 

Jesse loved playing with Dawes as he was the decoy he needed. He needs that type of player to be the player he could become.

If I was the President of a wealthy country club I'd be waiting for the day Pedo is released from Melbourne 

He would make an ideal Captain Coach in the Bush 

Play all key positions and Ruck all on the same day

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Pedo will never ever be a Coleman winner nor a top 5 place getter in the Bluey.

Neeld originally got him in so he could pass on his knowledge of winning cultures at North Melbourne (just like Tom Gillies was going to pass onto our backmen how the Geelong back 6 worked).:wacko: He was never going to do that as North were middling at the time but he has bought exactly what Goody said he bought. Adherence to structures. 

Jesse loved playing with Dawes as he was the decoy he needed. He needs that type of player to be the player he could become.

What garbage. He was brought in because we were desperately short of solid body KP players and they thought he might be able to fill that role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

What garbage. He was brought in because we were desperately short of solid body KP players and they thought he might be able to fill that role.

That was part of it but I clearly remember Neeld rattling on about bringing 'people in from winning cultures' when we picked up that swathe of experienced players. He included Pedo in that group (though he emphasized Byrnes and Dawes more). He also said Chip and Tommy Mac could learn from Gillies how the Geelong back six played.

2 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

That was part of it but I clearly remember Neeld rattling on about bringing 'people in from winning cultures' when we picked up that swathe of experienced players. He included Pedo in that group (though he emphasized Byrnes and Dawes more). He also said Chip and Tommy Mac could learn from Gillies how the Geelong back six played.

Fair enough. I don't recall him including Peda (Can't call him Pedo its just wrong!) in that group but c'est la vie...

• Like 1

I've read on here that Pedersen slimmed down noticeably over the summer. I saw a little bit of the game using the AFL app on an iPhone, where everyone looks small. Comparatively, though, he didn't look any different physically from last year. Can anyone at the ground confirm whether the slimline Pedersen is a #pedersenfact or a #pedomyth?

43 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've read on here that Pedersen slimmed down noticeably over the summer. I saw a little bit of the game using the AFL app on an iPhone, where everyone looks small. Comparatively, though, he didn't look any different physically from last year. Can anyone at the ground confirm whether the slimline Pedersen is a #pedersenfact or a #pedomyth?

I wasn't at the game.  His pre game interview:  http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-04-28/pedersen-earns-his-place-in-side

Pedersen: “I had an honest conversation with Brendan McCartney and Goody and they said that if I didn’t drop down to the weight they wanted, then I wouldn’t put a jumper on at VFL or AFL level, so they said ‘there is your challenge...I took that on board and went on a pretty extreme diet, and the fitness staff gave me six extra off legs [sessions] that wouldn’t affect my training. I then got the all clear before the pre-season camp in Queensland.”

So, some 'tough love' with coaches pulling no punches - but it did the trick. 

I thought it was a good article - not just for the insight into Pedersen but also how the coaches went about motivating him after the 'tough love' comments saying: '...you need to be ready when its your time'; '...you are an important part of the team'; '...we are here to help you.'

Great people management

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Size 8 now. Looked fabulous at the game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I do remember this fairly blunt thread during the 2nd year of Neeldy's reign of terror:
Pedersen: 3 years and 300 burgers

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

He has the versatility to play fat or thin depending on our needs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I wasn't at the game.  His pre game interview:  http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-04-28/pedersen-earns-his-place-in-side

Pedersen: “I had an honest conversation with Brendan McCartney and Goody and they said that if I didn’t drop down to the weight they wanted, then I wouldn’t put a jumper on at VFL or AFL level, so they said ‘there is your challenge...I took that on board and went on a pretty extreme diet, and the fitness staff gave me six extra off legs [sessions] that wouldn’t affect my training. I then got the all clear before the pre-season camp in Queensland.”

So, some 'tough love' with coaches pulling no punches - but it did the trick. 

I thought it was a good article - not just for the insight into Pedersen but also how the coaches went about motivating him after the 'tough love' comments saying: '...you need to be ready when its your time'; '...you are an important part of the team'; '...we are here to help you.'

Great people management

Not his first 'honest' conversation.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-07/pedersens-stunning-turnaround

Called in for his end-of-year review with coaches and members of the recruiting team, Pedersen was told how disappointed the club had been with his output.

"They said if I didn't pick up my game this year, even though I had a three-year deal, I wouldn't be here [in 2015]," Pedersen told AFL.com.au.

"They felt they'd been dudded.

"They told me they weren't fussed if I was here or not and said my destiny was in my own hands."

Is this great people management? He did demonstrate a significant improvement on his first year with us.

7 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Called in for his end-of-year review with coaches and members of the recruiting team, Pedersen was told how disappointed the club had been with his output.

"They said if I didn't pick up my game this year, even though I had a three-year deal, I wouldn't be here [in 2015]," Pedersen told AFL.com.au.

"They told me they weren't fussed if I was here or not and said my destiny was in my own hands."

Is this great people management? He did demonstrate a significant improvement on his first year with us.

Crikey, 'Skuit' that review was pre Roos'!  And yes we were badly managed in every way back then. 

That is chalk and cheese to the Pedersen quotes I posted attributed to Macca and Goodwin this preseason.  Our people management has come a long way and I reckon they have done a terrific job with Pedersen.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Skuit said:

It just demonstrates that Pedersen is probably a player who needs a prod now and then. That's fine, some people are.

I did like the quotes though. He had clear goals and consequences of failure, but also the support and tools to get there, and the promise that he would have a role to play if he did. I agree that it's good management.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nasher said:

It just demonstrates that Pedersen is probably a player who needs a prod now and then. That's fine, some people are.

I did like the quotes though. He had clear goals and consequences of failure, but also the support and tools to get there, and the promise that he would have a role to play if he did. I agree that it's good management.

Many have commented this week on Pedersen's humility in the press, but I've been wondering if it's been part of his career-problem. There's a certain lack of competitive confidence (off-field), like he has been told at various stages in the past that he's a dud and he's believed it. Contrast with the self-belief of a Chris Dawes, and you can see why perhaps he hasn't been selected ahead of other players when possibly deserving. Gawn came out and said he was going to be the best ruckman in the league. Cameron said that he basically expects each game could be his last (among similar comments). I personally wanted to give him a rev-up.

• Like 1