Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Carlton

Nasher

Out: Pedersen
In: Weideman

Zero tackles to Pedersen and burned teammates to miss a sitter of a goal.  I see Pedersen as being one of Roos' "no margin for error" players, and there was error yesterday.  I know some will see this as being very harsh.  He even said in an interview himself earlier in the year, "if I'm not doing the pressure kind of things, I find myself at Casey".  Well, Cam...

I'm not 100% sold on the idea of Weideman being a player we'd bring straight in to the side from injury with no Casey time, but on his showing against Hawthorn, I'm leaning that way.  You're all welcome to persuade me otherwise.

Casey obviously hasn't played yet, but I'm not too interested in any of the players playing there over who we have in the side at this stage.  Most of our worst players in the side were players who are definitely not going to get dropped (Hogan, Viney et al).

If Weideman doesn't get up, then no change.  

• Like 5

After what I saw live at the ground last night, I'd almost be tempted to drop Hogan...

He hurt us more than Pedo did IMHO

I'm sure Hogan is not 100% fit but unless he has heart disease it should not effect his effort

Shoot me down people, but this site is based on opinions and that's what makes it great!

Edited by KrazyJay
Edited for grammatical correctness
  • Like 9

Tend to agree, just too tempting to put Weeds back on the park and quicky. Needs to get games under his belt. I wonder if Harmes could do with a rest?

Edited by Wadda We Sing

1 minute ago, KrazyJay said:

After what I saw live at the ground last night, I'd almost be tempted to drop Hogan...

He hurt us more than Pedo did IMHO

Pedersen = no margin for error
Hogan = margin for error

Life's not fair, but too bad.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Hogan = margin for error

Pedersen = 10/10 for effort

Hogan = do we allow margin for effort?

Whatever is going on needs to be fixed

Edited by KrazyJay
  • Like 2

I support the idea of Weideman coming back for the Carlton game but I think it unfair to suggest Pedo didn't contribute to last night's win. He was hard at the contest and had more possessions than either Hogan or Vanders.

• Like 12

It will be interesting to see if some players will be "rested" .  There looked to be some tired players from the footage I saw.

They may take the punt and rotate a couple of highly rated young players out to be fresh for the Cats game.  

• Like 1

Just now, KrazyJay said:

Pedersen = 10/10 for effort

Hogan = do allow margin for effort?

Whatever is going on needs to be fixed

Effort is a function of form and confidence, which is a function of effort.  It's circular.

For a player of Hogan's talent, unless they're really, truly hurting the team (I reject any argument that says Hogan is), you wait.  For a player of Pedersen's talent, you don't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CBDees said:

I support the idea of Weideman coming back for the Carlton game but I think it unfair to suggest Pedo didn't contribute to last night's win. He was hard at the contest and had more possessions than either Hogan or Vanders.

Hogan, Vanders = margin for error.  

:)

There is only one player presently not in the team who has undoubted class and at his best makes us better and that's Salem.

I look forward to he and Weideman being staples of the side in 2017.

I admire Harmes.  He has speed and aggression.  Really needs to tidy up his ball use.

Probably no changes.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 4

Just now, ProDee said:

There is only one player presently not in the team who has undoubted class and at his best that makes us better and that's Salem.

I look forward to he and Weideman being staples of the side in 2017.

I admire Harmes.  He has speed and aggression.  Really needs to tidy up his ball use.

Probably no changes.

I think this will probably turn out to be the case, especially with an 8 day turnaround and no injuries.  Unless someone plays an absolute blinder for Casey today you would assume a side that wins by 40 points over in SA would get another crack next week as well.

No changes for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bush demon said:

his bumbling kicking action is deteriorating. needs summer to fix it up, as others have in the past. at the moment his game stinks.his last shot at goal was worse than anything greg parke or john clennet could have conjured up.

but everybody here told us his set shot routine didn't need any work because it "worked" for him 

• Like 2

I've been saying it for some time and have seen nothing to asuade me. Hogan hasn't bought into the Dees yet. Until he does you'll only get the Hogan we getting. Little things both physical and mental are holding him back. 

I hope he does come on board but atm I might be tempted to drop him. 

It's a message that's been perpetuated from the club .... You're either on board, doing your role 100℅ orplay with the Magoo's.

Hogan should not be exempt.

• Like 7

I think Hogan is a victim of his own inner pressure to perform...

He prowls around the ground during warm up with his head phones on and rarely interacts with his team mates... 

I think his brain would be absolutely cooked from all the pressure he is heaping on himself to perform and lead the team...

Sports Pschy is all he needs I think... Either that or a... sea change :P

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

but everybody here told us his set shot routine didn't need any work because it "worked" for him 

Exactly !

The amount of posters who said I was wrong to bemoan his action last year was incredible.

I'll be amazed - again - if he doesn't do something about it during the preseason.  Can hardly kick over a jam tin.

Edited by ProDee

I like that we waste time each week debating Hogan. We know he won't get dropped but we like to pretend because he hasn't signed for 5 years that Roos might drop him. 2nd year forward in the top 10 afl goal kickers - we persist because of the development and upside. 

Harmes, Pedersen, and VDB will be discussed but unless Weid has a great week on the track or Salem has a blinder, no change. 

Edited by Dee-licious
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Exactly !

The amount of posters who said I was wrong to bemoan his action last year was incredible.

I'll be amazed - again - if he doesn't do something about it during the preseason.  Can hardly kick over a jam tin.

But Saty said he kicks it over 50m at training :wacko:

• Like 4

Might be a wake up/prod/ whatever Jesse needs. 

A reality check never hurt anyone surely.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Exactly !

Don't let Stalinyrconhome hear you say that.

Another perspective. IsHogan 100℅ ?

Maybe Play someone who is ?

• Like 1