Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY - Round 19

Given that we've got stuff all players on the injury list, it would be pretty disappointing and bleak for next year if today was our last win for the year, or even a loss.

Port and Carlton are pretty much in our weight division and we should be aiming to beat both of them.

I'm never confident winning, but today I am. We should smash their 3rd world midfield and ultimately win it right there.

• Like 3

It's true that we have "stuff all" injured players ATM. They are H Lumumba (IMO unlikely to be at the club next year), Mitch King (ACL & no games yet) and M White (rested). You can add J Melksham (suspended).

However, of the remaining players not in today's side is a wealth of age and experience that has limited tenure remaining at the club and a nice little group of players with enormous promise for the future.

This is a reflection of what appears to be a deliberate plan to put more games into the legs of some of our younger players with the objective of giving Simon Goodwin the best possible chance of driving his team into finals calculations when he takes over the reins next year.

We have IMO sacrificed the possibility of winning games this year by not selecting those older heads (especially in recent games) but please, let's not hear any jokes about it because that could land us in hot water.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We should cream this mob today. I haven't felt this confident going into a game since we played the Saints.....

You have made my Sunday morning Dr.

• Like 2

Got a spring in my step, tempered by that slightly nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach that only a Melbourne supporter would have when looking at this game on paper.  

No excuses for not smashing this rabble today.  Contested possession is our strength and they don't have a midfield.  Get the job done boys.

• Like 5

I would be more confident if it was belting down rain and 9 degrees as I think this sun and blue sky plays into their tall forward line more

Edited by deeflog

We should win this & win well but the Melbourne supporter in me is worried... A trip to Darwin & Perth within 3 weeks in tough conditions, a young side tiring towards the end of the season... Please don't lose. 

We've pretty much got our best 22 in, settled and motivated after last weeks stuff up vs Weagles. 

Im hoping we can pull all the pieces together and put on an exhibition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JV7 said:

We should win this & win well but the Melbourne supporter in me is worried... A trip to Darwin & Perth within 3 weeks in tough conditions, a young side tiring towards the end of the season... Please don't lose. 

Unfortunately there will be no mummy on the field to hold our players blessed little hands. They just have to tough it out on their own.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

Taking the family. Staying well clear of BBO and Biffen who will no doubt be swilling beers and downing pies in the classy style of Sir Les Patterson. Got the abusive behaviour number on speed dial just in case. Can never be too careful.

Dees by 45.

• Like 4

Touch worried, as my dad wants to come, and he only shows up when he thinks we're almost guaranteed to win. 

His last appearance was to watch us cream the Dons...

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We should cream this mob today. I haven't felt this confident going into a game since we played the Saints.....

7 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Unfortunately there will be no mummy on the field to hold our players blessed little hands.

You really do have to be more than a touch cynical and twisted to support Melbourne. I don't reckon that anytime in my remaining pathetic years I'll ever be 100% confident of a win.

• Like 4

It feels like we haven't played at the G since round 6 - I reckon the boys will remember kicking 16 after half time against this mob earlier this year on their patch and will have a day out in the sun.

20 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Taking the family. Staying well clear of BBO and Biffen who will no doubt be swilling beers and downing pies in the classy style of Sir Les Patterson. Got the abusive behaviour number on speed dial just in case. Can never be too careful.

Dees by 45.

Perhaps Uncle Bitter could meet the children.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Touch worried, as my dad wants to come, and he only shows up when he thinks we're almost guaranteed to win. 

His last appearance was to watch us cream the Dons...

Fair-Weather-Father? 

• Like 1

I will be with the haters should we lose this match! Lose this and it will be difficult to see where another win will come from. Carlton are playing decent footy and Port, while positioned where we are ladder wise, accounted for us pretty easily last time.

3 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Fair-Weather-Father? 

Yep, he grew up with too much success. Made him soft. :)

Melb by 42 points.

No excuses for us today. Suns are younger and have travelled as much as we have lately. Dont give me bs about being "tired". Season is the same length for everyone

Get the job done.

• Like 2

Looking at the team, it's raw potential, with Melksham, Salam, Oliver and the Wiedeman to add over the next year fills me with a rare feeling of optimism for our footy club. 

Hope they bring it today, would really enjoy this team starting to gel and find their next gear.

And ready

We are crap

This should be how we play all the time

Great tackle

We can't tackle

Selection mistakes again

See why they brought VDB back

He's gone

We can build a team around around him

FFS

and that's just 5 minutres into the first quarter

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TRAINING: Tuesday 23rd April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down to Gosch's Paddock to bring you his observations from this morning's Captain's Run including some hints at the changes for our ANZAC Eve clash against the Tigers. Sunny, though a touch windy, this morning, 23 of them no emergencies.  Forwards out first. Harrison Petty, JvR, Jack Billings, Kade Chandler, Kozzy, Bayley Fritsch, and coach Stafford.  The backs join them, Steven May, Jake Lever, Woey, Judd McVee, Blake Howes, Tom McDonald

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

OOZEE by The Oracle

There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points.  The man whose first name was often misspelled, soon changed to the number 13 and it turned out lucky for him. He became a highly revered Demon with a record of 271 games during which his presence was acknowledged by the fans with the chant of “Oozee” wh

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MAULED by Whispering Jack

The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 338

PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 56

VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 07

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 07 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 07

• Training  

Tuesday, 23rd April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down to Gosch's Paddock to bring you his observations from this morning's Captain's Run including some hints at the changes for our ANZAC Eve clash against the Tigers ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 23

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | April 22

• Match Preview      

OOZEE by The Oracle

There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 22

• Training  

Friday, 19th April 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 19

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

Demonland | April 16

• Casey Report      

ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 14

• Match Report      

MAULED by Whispering Jack

The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 12

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

Demonland | April 11

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | April 11

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 11

• Training  

Wednesday, 10th April 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 10

• Training  

Sunday, 7th April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 07

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

Demonland | December 14

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

Demonland | November 27

• Next Match 

Round 07

vs   

Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics