Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden

CASEY SCORPIONS v SANDRINGHAM

KC from Casey

12 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

That man Terlich marks and ... gets his fourth!!!!

C'mon KC, gone from outside chance to a lock..........D

e

M O

N **

LL

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Watched the whole telecast. For next week I reckon BenKen (after late dash back from Perth) and Oliver didn't do their chances any harm. Michie, Grimes and Trengove were very solid but I'm not sure the senior coaches rate them enough to be a chance. 

Watch out for Joel Smith in 2017, could be another Jayden Hunt if we're lucky. Something about him. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

Watched the whole telecast. For next week I reckon BenKen (after late dash back from Perth) and Oliver didn't do their chances any harm. Michie, Grimes and Trengove were very solid but I'm not sure the senior coaches rate them enough to be a chance. 

Watch out for Joel Smith in 2017, could be another Jayden Hunt if we're lucky. Something about him. 

What position/role does he play?

Hullett has to be a chance to get a late game this season. Good hands and a smart footballer.

Definitely time for Oliver to come back in and I thought Trenners was good, depends on what we are looking for next week.

Agree with 'Sylvia', Joel Smith has got a bit of something going on...got a few years to make it and on current projection he's looking good.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Who do you think he'll replace Saty?

Jesse Hogan?

Gee KC, I was going to put Hogan just to see the reaction, but he has taken a bit of a battering on the post game thread from some, so they may agree.....as the stuck contortionist said "you have left me in a very difficult position"..........thanks for the updates today, appreciated

• Like 1

I have to say, at this level Terlich really does look a quality player.  He's better built than most of his opponents and shows real assurance and authority on the field.  It would be great if he were able to bring that to AFL level, but history suggests this is not the case. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

I have to say, at this level Terlich really does look a quality player.  He's better built than most of his opponents and shows real assurance and authority on the field.  It would be great if he were able to bring that to AFL level, but history suggests this is not the case. 

You have to admire Terlich. I do. Never ever turns it up.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

You have to admire Terlich. I do. Never ever turns it up.

When you're playing football for a living and earning approx. $300k, it shouldn't be too hard to go to work every day. 

• Like 3

We need Declan Keilty and Tim Smith at the Dee's. Keilty is 21 and is improving every game. Is versatile and can play in multiple positions. At 25 Smith is a great mark and kick for goal. Would do well playing next to Hogan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

For 35 years i was a staunch Zebs Supporter. Hell they won Flags for me

have lived in the area most of my life. 

But the AFL being so greedy no longer permit me to follow Sandy. 

It's sad

in a small way i understand how Fitzroy supporters feel cheated..

Out of interest, why did Melbourne swap from sandy to Casey?

What's happening in the Development League?

51 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Haven't been watching til now - how so?

Both had good games but there were two passages of play within a few minutes that just showed their limitations.

Michie gets the ball in the clear, runs through the square with the ball, takes a couple of steps too many & nearly gets run down, but enough so that he scrubs the kick over about 30m. So that instead of going to the team-mate's chest it goes to the feet. He can't control it so it rebounds all the way back to Michie & his opponent both lying on the ground. Another player from each side comes in to help. His opponent sizes up the situation & jumps to his feet, with Michie slowly starting to pick himself up. The two Sandy players thus exploit the 2-on-1 & it ends by Michie's opponent Shenton getting a long goal.

Couple of minutes later, a quick ball comes into the forward line about 15m out from goal. BenKen competes for the mark against I think Hulett & his opponent, instead of waiting down. Hulett wins the ball on the ground & does a good handball to BenKen. He's unopposed & in enough space so that if he one-grabs it, he's got a fairly easy snap at goal, but he fumbles it. He's got enough space to pick up the ball & handball it to another teammate, who handballs it back. Again, he fumbles it, and Sandy lock it in, getting another long goal soon after.

It was a scrappy game, a difficult wind, but they both had good games; they're a cut above VFL level. But in a game when it was rare to get any clear ball, they both had great opportunities to make something, but  their basic skills & awareness just weren't up to it. And these two goals brought Sandy back & within a kick.

16 minutes ago, Akum said:

Both had good games but there were two passages of play within a few minutes that just showed their limitations.

Michie gets the ball in the clear, runs through the square with the ball, takes a couple of steps too many & nearly gets run down, but enough so that he scrubs the kick over about 30m. So that instead of going to the team-mate's chest it goes to the feet. He can't control it so it rebounds all the way back to Michie & his opponent both lying on the ground. Another player from each side comes in to help. His opponent sizes up the situation & jumps to his feet, with Michie slowly starting to pick himself up. The two Sandy players thus exploit the 2-on-1 & it ends by Michie's opponent Shenton getting a long goal.

Couple of minutes later, a quick ball comes into the forward line about 15m out from goal. BenKen competes for the mark against I think Hulett & his opponent, instead of waiting down. Hulett wins the ball on the ground & does a good handball to BenKen. He's unopposed & in enough space so that if he one-grabs it, he's got a fairly easy snap at goal, but he fumbles it. He's got enough space to pick up the ball & handball it to another teammate, who handballs it back. Again, he fumbles it, and Sandy lock it in, getting another long goal soon after.

It was a scrappy game, a difficult wind, but they both had good games; they're a cut above VFL level. But in a game when it was rare to get any clear ball, they both had great opportunities to make something, but  their basic skills & awareness just weren't up to it. And these two goals brought Sandy back & within a kick.

Kill them....how dare they make an error each.......careers over

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, rjay said:

FT Stats Disposals - Kennedy 34, Michie 33, Grimes 31, Trengove 28, Oliver 28, Bugg 27, Garland 25, Newton 25, Scott 24. @melbournefc

Unfortunately four of those are VFL quality players, Two have been shown they will not figure in the senior team, which leaves Oliver and Bugg with the possibility of inclusion in the senior team in next few weeks.

33 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

Out of interest, why did Melbourne swap from sandy to Casey?

You should be able to google the Demonland archives for a good discussion but if I remember correctly it focused mainly on the MFC wanting Sandringham to be more cognisant of Melbourne's game plan and the development of our junior players.

As an example we had a young full forward who was going to be our next star (he never made it) but because Sandy had one of the best old forwards in the game our would be star got few chances to learn his craft

• Like 2