Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And do you think a current player would just openly talk about another clubs details and information in regards to other clubs trading details to strangers on a golf course? Spare me..

I'd never met Dangerfield before, I admit that. I'm mates with one of the Geelong players who I went to school with and I had a round with him, another school mate and Dangerfield. 

As a Dees supporter I just asked him the question as there were those rumours going round back then that we were heavily into him. He just wanted to get back to Victoria to be closer to family, that's what he said to me. 

I'm not claiming to be mates with Danger, maybe he was just messing with me, I'm just relaying what he said. I'm not in the know, I don't purport to have inside sources within the club.

Anyway, I'm hitting the hay. Dazzle and Ethan you're two of my favourite posters on here so not interested in getting in a slanging match with you. If you think I'm bullsh1tting that's fine with me, I won't lose any sleep. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And do you think a current player would just openly talk about another clubs details and information in regards to other clubs trading details to strangers on a golf course? Spare me..

For all we know pick 12 from Richmond was the pick for Jake Lever who Roos and Taylor rated extremely highly for his leader but weren't prepared to use pick 2 or 3 on him because of his injuries history. They knew that Lever would slide and by gaining pick 12 it would be the perfect pick for him. 

Had we got pick 12 Lever would be currently wearing res and blue.

That was always my understanding 'dazzle'...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It'd be interesting to know some of the super large 'nearly' trades over the years that were locked in but that never came to fruition.

Reckon it'd be a fascinating list.

How many tree's would have to die in order to publish a book about all of the melbourne trades that never came to fruition?

• Like 1

Are we serious here? I hope GNF is right about Jesse, but to be honest I couldn't give a toss whether most of what he posts comes to fruition. It's just a bit of fun.

Yeah, he's probably joining quite a few of the dots himself and I'd agree with PD that the trade whispers are delivered in an attention-seeking way, but I love a rumour or two. Particularly when they're always weighted in an extremely positive direction for the MFC.;)

So some of the posters who feel the need to beat on GNF or even beat on those that enjoy his posts, just chill the [censored] out a bit.

Oh and the way this thread has tangentially escalated, it might pay to start that trading board up slightly earlier than was planned. ;)

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Oh and the way this thread has tangentially escalated, it might pay to start that trading board up slightly earlier than was planned. ;)

Maybe we should measure our clubs success in how early the trade forum is opened. This year it will probably be open one or two weeks later. Hopefully next year it's opened sometime in September.

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, faultydet said:

Actually, wait.

What did geelong trade for Danger? #3 & #9 wasn't enough from us, but what geelong gave was ok?

I might need to reevaluate my opinion of the authenticity of your original post

Wait again.

We made our play for Dangerfield in 2014, the year before the Cats got him when he became an out-of-contract RFA.

It was obvious that 2014 was our only shot at getting him, and as he was still under contract, we had to make an offer that was palatable both to him & to Adelaide. 

In 2015 he was RFA so Geelong didn't have to offer as much, as he could have just walked.

So in one way you're right, "#3 & #9 wasn't enough from us, but what Geelong gave was OK". But in another way you're wrong, #3 & #9 might have been enough, but we couldn't get #9 done, thanks to the Richmond doctor.

• Like 1

I've said all along he will re-sign around February of next year (gut feel, no inside info like GNF).. the boost in memberships will be huge and will give us great media exposure for a few days when not much is going on around that time bar the excitement of training reports and photos.

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I've said all along he will re-sign around February of next year (gut feel, no inside info like GNF).. the boost in memberships will be huge and will give us great media exposure for a few days when not much is going on around that time bar the excitement of training reports and photos.

When have you said that lol?

15 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

Confirmed: Hogan has informed our club he intends to re-sign. Contract negotiations have begun and will probably be completed this year but could take up to 6 months. 

The problem posters have with GNF, oncluding me, is the language used.  "Confirmed" - with language like that you can't just be right some of the time.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

I'd never met Dangerfield before, I admit that. I'm mates with one of the Geelong players who I went to school with and I had a round with him, another school mate and Dangerfield. 

As a Dees supporter I just asked him the question as there were those rumours going round back then that we were heavily into him. He just wanted to get back to Victoria to be closer to family, that's what he said to me. 

I'm not claiming to be mates with Danger, maybe he was just messing with me, I'm just relaying what he said. I'm not in the know, I don't purport to have inside sources within the club.

Anyway, I'm hitting the hay. Dazzle and Ethan you're two of my favourite posters on here so not interested in getting in a slanging match with you. If you think I'm bullsh1tting that's fine with me, I won't lose any sleep. 

Large backtrack on your previous post that he would have come to MFC if we could have got the deal done with Adelaide.

On 8/3/2016 at 10:58 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

You dont know that he's right either.

Did you really honestly thought that because GNF said Dangerfield was a genuine chance you actually believed that? Dangerfield was as good as a Geelong player mid 2015 when he informed the Crows internally that he was heading. Geelong knew that had it was just a matter of officially saying 'yes i want to be a cat' 

Yes we talked to his management but that was it.. It was a "Thanks but no thanks"....

And Josh Kennedy?? .. Please another fairy tale that sucked you right in. Josh Kennedy was 0% chance mate. You were just dumb enough to fall for his childish games.

That's the point that you completely missed, i wouldn't have called him a fraud without knowing, because that's just ridiculous.

What's hilarious is you're both doing the same thing ( treating your opinions as fact ) the only difference is a big chunk of demonland rates GNF as a source. 

p.s our interest in both Danger and Prestia in 2014/2015 respectively was confirmed by the club. not sure if he ever suggested both were over the line? he definitely said he thought Dion would be a dee, which may happen if a huge offer from Richmond doesn't/hasn't swayed him.

anyways, this is a thread about Jesse Hogan and the last 3 pages has been 2-3 posters bashing GNF for posting his information, and i'm sure will have a go at other posters for derailing threads down the track so lets all move on, shall we?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweet Puff said:

Whos to say it wasnt true and that it just didnt eventuate? Deals fall through at the last minute all the time

It was the attention seeking riddles that did my head in.  You either know what's happening or you don't. Nothing worse then people who tell everyone that they know something but can't say what it is. Either say it all or say nothing at all.  To just dish out riddles and half stories is just attention seeking dribble.

• Like 3

One rule of thumb that seems reliable is the trade rumour that starts early, grows and just refuses to die. Recently I can think of Scully, Frawley, Dangerfield, Franklin, Ablett and Cloke. Only Cloke turned out to be untrue. That's around 17%. Most other rumours just fizzle  out quickly or lose momentum because there was no real substance or conviction in them.

Jack Watts is a good example. He took his time signing on, causing some minor concern but there were never serious worries he would actually leave. And he did put pen to paper before it would become a hinderance to the club.

Edited by america de cali

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Large backtrack on your previous post that he would have come to MFC if we could have got the deal done with Adelaide.

Yeah I worded that last post badly, was tired. No backtrack on anything in the first post. I meant he said he wanted to come back to Victoria to be close to family, Geelong was the ultimate for him but Melbourne is only an hour up the road so he was happy to come to us if Geelong didn't work out.

Anyway, me posting this seems only to have angered people so if I ever get any info again I'll keep it to myself!

8 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Yeah I worded that last post badly, was tired. No backtrack on anything in the first post. I meant he said he wanted to come back to Victoria to be close to family, Geelong was the ultimate for him but Melbourne is only an hour up the road so he was happy to come to us if Geelong didn't work out.

Anyway, me posting this seems only to have angered people so if I ever get any info again I'll keep it to myself!

Nah- you've just angered about three people who post over and over about it.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

This is something I would believe, not the least bit surprised. 

And having worked under the one pushing this as their baby, I just have to laugh.  Frank Drebbin & Commandant Lassard have nothing on him

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Bat, ball and going home?

53 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Toughen up mate - there's always a few who have a bit of a sook.  The rest of us enjoy reading stuff like this and (usually silently) making our own judgement about whether the information is good or not.  I enjoyed your post - don't take things so seriously.  

• Like 8