Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

How much is this causing other player contracts to be put on hold, I'm sure that there are other players who are in limbo and will be until the club knows how much salary cap they have left.

We have to make decisions on the future of some players and some may have to go if Jesse stays and they may be retained if he goes.

3 hours ago, DominatrixTyson said:

Adding this into your reply is precisely what is wrong with this place. Inflammatory comments thrown at you when you share your opinion. No class at all.  Ignored.

What you have to remember is the actual size of the brain which explodes, some on here would barely disturb their fringe:wub:

Edited by Satyriconhome

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

200w.gif

Thanks Wise, at work again, so serious footy discussion is out of the window, I still can't believe this thread is still going..........he is either going to stay or go......announcement to follow...soon....maybe....possibly....according to his manager......rumour has it

Hypothetical trade scenario taking into account:

Hogan to WA, Fyfe to a Melb based club (not necessarily Dees), Hibberd to Melbourne, recent article about GWS wanting Pick 1.

Melbourne send Hogan to Fremantle & Garland to GWS

Fremantle send Fyfe to Essendon & Pick 3 to Melbourne.

GWS send Pick 7 & Cam McCarthy to Freo & James Stewart to Melbourne

Essendon send Pick 1 to GWS & Hibberd to Melbourne.

Essendon loose Pick 1 & Hibberd but gain Fyfe

Fremantle loose Fyfe & Pick 3 but gain Hogan, McCarthy & Pick 7

GWS loose McCarthy, Stewart & Pick 7 but gain Pick 1 & Garland

Melbourne loose Hogan & Garland but gain Pick 3, Hibberd & Stewart.

Reasonably balanced?

2 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Hypothetical trade scenario taking into account:

Hogan to WA, Fyfe to a Melb based club (not necessarily Dees), Hibberd to Melbourne, recent article about GWS wanting Pick 1.

Melbourne send Hogan to Fremantle & Garland to GWS

Fremantle send Fyfe to Essendon & Pick 3 to Melbourne.

GWS send Pick 7 & Cam McCarthy to Freo & James Stewart to Melbourne

Essendon send Pick 1 to GWS & Hibberd to Melbourne.

Essendon loose Pick 1 & Hibberd but gain Fyfe

Fremantle loose Fyfe & Pick 3 but gain Hogan, McCarthy & Pick 7

GWS loose McCarthy, Stewart & Pick 7 but gain Pick 1 & Garland

Melbourne loose Hogan & Garland but gain Pick 3, Hibberd & Stewart.

Reasonably balanced?

Sorry but that is a terrible deal for Freo and Melbourne.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Reasonably balanced?

Considering the players, picks and teams involved, this isn't all that bad of an effort. 

However, I still think we need a little more for Hogan.  Pick 3 is spot on, as is Hibberd, but we need something more than James Stewart, although I see why you went with him as that ruckman/forward type that we need.

I actually think Freo do alright in that deal - okay, losing Fyfe and Pick 3 is a tough pill to swallow, but they gain Hogan, Cam McCarthy and Pick 7.  That's 2 forwards for the next 10 years and they still have a pick inside the Top 10.

It will never happen, but I guess that's not the point. 

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Considering the players, picks and teams involved, this isn't all that bad of an effort. 

However, I still think we need a little more for Hogan.  Pick 3 is spot on, as is Hibberd, but we need something more than James Stewart, although I see why you went with him as that ruckman/forward type that we need.

I actually think Freo do alright in that deal - okay, losing Fyfe and Pick 3 is a tough pill to swallow, but they gain Hogan, Cam McCarthy and Pick 7.  That's 2 forwards for the next 10 years and they still have a pick inside the Top 10.

It will never happen, but I guess that's not the point. 

The deal is effectively Fyfe and 3 for Hogan and 7, which is crap. McCarthy has no value and will go to the Dockers for a 2nd round pick or equivalent worth.

Just now, schmuttt said:

The deal is effectively Fyfe and 3 for Hogan and 7, which is crap. McCarthy has no value and will go to the Dockers for a 2nd round pick or equivalent worth.

You contradict yourself - you say McCarthy has no value, but will go to the Dockers for a second round pick.  If he had no value then he wouldn't get a second round pick.

Regardless, there is no need to get your knickers in a twist over a hypothetical idea.  Waste of time.

• Like 1

I thought James Stewart career fell away after 'It's a wonderful life'

And his namesake footy player reminds me too much of Juice Newton

From the Giants website

Another talented tall who found it tough to play quality football on a consistent basis in the seniors, despite fantastic form in the NEAFL. Stewart threatened at times to have a breakout game, but it never eventuated and he spent several stints in the NEAFL. Used as a permanent forward with some pinch-hitting in the ruck. If he can start taking more grabs and finding more of the ball as a key forward, a spot will open up in the forward line for the versatile tall.

2 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

Hey Lucifer, thanks for taking an interest in my post. What did you think about the essence or theme of the post? Agree or disagree?

Sorry if I have misquoted an aspect of Goodwin comments (it was from the media interview he did to announce his formal appointment with Bartlett by his side where he doesn't talk about 'weeks, month, mid year etc" not sure were that came from).

Nonetheless, the essence of my statements are intact I believe. He agreed to commence negotiation in a years time assuming MFC were improved and that's not going to happen soon if he is stating though mgmt that he is torn about returning to WA. To commence negotiations he needs to tell the club he's prepared to live in Melbourne if the right contact is in place, then MFC can go about putting the figires together to present to him. At the moment there can be no negotiations just Jessie buying more time

The weeks, months thing came from an SEN interview (I think).  That aside, yes, it does seem that his management has deferred talks and Jesse is torn about where to play.  I think (but don't know) that Jesse is genuinely torn rather than gaming mfc.  I guess there is not much the club can do as he has a contract and it would be very drastic to trade him without knowing that he wants a trade ie against his will.  We all wait with bated breath.:wacko:

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

19 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

You contradict yourself - you say McCarthy has no value, but will go to the Dockers for a second round pick.  If he had no value then he wouldn't get a second round pick.

Regardless, there is no need to get your knickers in a twist over a hypothetical idea.  Waste of time.

Sorry, didn't realize we can't discuss hypotheticals on here. Lets just all sit around and wait for an announcement, no point posting really until we hear something official. Might as well shut DL down until trade week starts up.

• Like 1

Just now, schmuttt said:

Sorry, didn't realize we can't discuss hypotheticals on here. Lets just all sit around and wait for an announcement, no point posting really until we hear something official. Might as well shut DL down until trade week starts up.

Such a mature response.  At no point did I say you can't discuss it, just not to get in a huff over a hypothetical deal.  Have a proper read of a post before you get so defensive.

• Like 1

Right now Jesse Hogan plays for the MFC. I don't know what he plans to do and I don't expect him to announce it until he is ready to. When he announces his intention then I will give it some attention.

Stress over it i do not. What's the point?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

I would love to discuss hypotheticals, but I've lost Geoffrey Robertson's phone number, I still reckon my trade of a Leyland P76 with only a few kilometres on the clock as an add on for Jesse to Freo and Fyfe and a 1958 Trabant to us would get the deal done

You have a P76???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schmuttt said:

Come again???

I'm seeing a number of posts along the lines that Jesse is under no obligation to either sign or signal his intentions until his contract has concluded next year. This is perfectly true. Likewise, if I came across a person horribly injured in the street I am under no obligation to provide assistance or even call for help. My point of course is that just because we are within our rights to do something does not mean that we should, or that is the right thing to do. 

Hogan is well aware of the importance his decision has to the club in planning their trades and drafting strategies. While he is indeed well within his rights to wait, the right thing to do, the act of integrity, is to give his club the information they need as quickly as possible.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

I'm seeing a number of posts along the lines that Jesse is under no obligation to either sign or signal his intentions until his contract has concluded next year. This is perfectly true. Likewise, if I came across a person horribly injured in the street I am under no obligation to provide assistance or even call for help. My point of course is that just because we are within our rights to do something does not mean that we should, or that is the right thing to do. 

Hogan is well aware of the importance his decision has to the club in planning their trades and drafting strategies. While he is indeed well within his rights to wait, the right thing to do, the act of integrity, is to give his club the information they need as quickly as possible.

Is this a serious post or an attempt at abstract humuor?

1 hour ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

That says more about you than it does about Hogan.

Jeez I hope people drive carefully in your street

• Like 3