Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

May I suggest that what we need is a new system of semi-banning where people get restricted to 'x' posts per day.

They'll all have to set a higher bar on what bait and snark they can be bothered engaging with, toss most of it out, and we'll be left only with the actual useful stuff that more than two people (the mutual antagonists) actually would be interested in.

It would make this thread about 800 posts shorter. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

May I suggest that what we need is a new system of semi-banning where people get restricted to 'x' posts per day.

They'll all have to set a higher bar on what bait and snark they can be bothered engaging with, toss most of it out, and we'll be left only with the actual useful stuff that more than two people (the mutual antagonists) actually would be interested in.

It would make this thread about 800 posts shorter. 

Agree Goffy - far too many perverts on this site.

That Ethan Kneetremble fellow from out west is foremost  among them!

We need a moderator like Stuie to sort things out. ( at least once we broke him of the habit of quoting himself).

Why the [censored] would he quote himself?

• Like 2

While it would be disappointing to lose Hogan, I think we would be well compensated and have shown we can win games without him.

The Hawks lost Buddy Franklin, possibly in the 5 greatest forwards of all time and went on to win 2 more flags.

It's all about the club culture and I think we are starting to get it right so I'm not worried either way. 

Edit: Plus the most important thing in today's game is to have a strong midfield, which we are on our way to amassing a very good one.

Edited by Is Dom Is Good
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

While it would be disappointing to lose Hogan, I think we would be well compensated and have shown we can win games without him.

The Hawks lost Buddy Franklin, possibly in the 5 greatest forwards of all time and went on to win 2 more flags.

It's all about the club culture and I think we are starting to get it right so I'm not worried either way. 

I'm not a huge fan of this comparison.  The Hawks were fresh off a flag and had runs on the board when they lost Franklin.  We are far from being anything like Hawthorn, so I'm not sure we can be so flippant about it (flippant may not be the right word, but hopefully you know I mean).

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm not a huge fan of this comparison.  The Hawks were fresh off a flag and had runs on the board when they lost Franklin.  We are far from being anything like Hawthorn, so I'm not sure we can be so flippant about it (flippant may not be the right word, but hopefully you know I mean).

The point I'm making is this will not be the end of our club and we will continue with or without him.

4 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Edit: Plus the most important thing in today's game is to have a strong midfield, which we are on our way to amassing a very good one.

They also got about 8 years of service out of Franklin before he got an offer he couldn't refuse.

It would be incredibly disappointing to lose Hogan after 4 years.

• Like 3

Just now, Is Dom Is Good said:

The point I'm making is this will not be the end of our club and we will continue with or without him.

I get that, and of course we will continue without him, but will we be as successful without him at the club?

Hawthorn were able to handle losing Franklin, and win more flags, because they were already well set up with their culture and they still had plenty of experienced talent on their list.  Can we say the same about us?  Down the track we might, but I don't think we're as prepared as we think we are for losing a 21 year old who already has 80+ goals to his name.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I get that, and of course we will continue without him, but will we be as successful without him at the club?

Hawthorn were able to handle losing Franklin, and win more flags, because they were already well set up with their culture and they still had plenty of experienced talent on their list.  Can we say the same about us?  Down the track we might, but I don't think we're as prepared as we think we are for losing a 21 year old who already has 80+ goals to his name.

I personally believe we are, but time will tell.

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Fair enough mate, we all see it differently.  I hope you are right, but as you say, time will certainly tell.

I hope I am as well! Though my preference is for Hogan to sign a 5 year deal and stay with his mates.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Third Man Up said:

hes gone fellas. deep down we know it, but its taking a few a while to admit it to themselves. a big loss nevertheless.

I'm beginning to think that too, there have been too many just like it and they almost always end up leaving. If so, get on with it, we are in a good position as a club and we don't need this distraction, get a trade done or sign up, it can't be that hard. 

I'm sure he knows what he wants to do.

Read into it however you like.. But by the way his manager is speaking it does seem like he is gone.

Another Tom Scully or James Frawley situation. Honestly, its sucks, its sucks really bad.

"

“Jesse will come home and see where his head space is. It is making a decision to be with Melbourne or a request to come home. Nothing has been finalised.”

Hogan bought a house in Perth this year but it is understood it is a renovation project with his brother as an investment, rather than future home.

from the herald sun article

"

3 hours ago, DemonWA said:

funniest thing about ET's photo shop gag and the response thereafter is that Saty seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that ET's profile pic is Zach Galifianakis and seemingly thinks that ET is actually claiming to be there hahahaha

No I knew who it was, sorry I'll fall about laughing now, I shoukd have understood that my respnse would be too cerebral for followers of the Hangover franchise.

It's late and Jesse seems to be gone to Freo, so I won't get lambasted for derailing the thread, I will be sorry to see him go if it eventually turns out to be true, but he is one player.....assume the club will have contingencies to cover

• Like 1

Roos wasn't filling me with confidence tonight on Fox, mentioning how well Melbourne will be compensated if Jesse leaves (to the point that we'd be paid significant overs and hinting we'd end up better off).

Sounded very, very similar to his talk before Frawley left, where he kept going on about pick 3 (fully aware we'd been told that was our compo).

• Like 1