Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Viney's square off on Rance

The fear in Rance's eyes was amazing. His tears tasted delicious. Got absolutely cleaned up by Viney twice. Jack was undersized yet still brought him to ground in that wrestle. Suck it Rance.

• Like 8

Still can't believe anyone would think Viney might be in trouble.

watch it again, he put Rance to the ground twice and yet the two tigers who came to support Rance, were not remonstrating but just pushing Viney away. They knew Viney had done next to nothing and that Rance deserved a lot more than what he got

• Like 4

On 4/24/2016 at 11:12 PM, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

watch it again, he put Rance to the ground twice and yet the two tigers who came to support Rance, were not remonstrating but just pushing Viney away. They knew Viney had done next to nothing and that Rance deserved a lot more than what he got

Loved that Watts got into him straight after he kicked the goal as well!

• Like 3

How is striking an opponent in the back of the head viewed in boxing/UFC??

Rance needs to cop a whack. 

The fact Watts came away unscathed should not weigh in Rances favour.

- high

- intentional

- to the back of the head of a player laying face down on the ground

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bush demon said:

+ $5 so Rance could replace his shat-in jocks.

They're 50 cents a pair at Savers, so that's generous.

Apparently, according to Twitter, if Rance's dog act of a hit is judged as intentional with low impact to the head, that's one week.

The system is [censored]. There's only an offence of "striking". An open hand is the same as an elbow or a punch (or a knee, I think?). A strike in a fight is the same as a strike to a defenceless player on the ground, to the back of his head.

Absolute dog act from Rance which deserves 3 weeks but will only get 1 as the MRP will get a medical report from Melbourne which says Watts is fine, therefore only "low" impact. 

Viney's deserves to be thrown out on the basis of insufficient force but a fine would not be surprising. 1 week would be appalling.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

He won't get suspended. There is no way. What type of message would that give to other players for sticking up for your teammates when the opposition does something like that?

The message that they should leave it to the umpires and the MRP to punish players for this sort of thing rather than taking it upon themselves?  Just a thought. 

20 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Yeah, watching the replay now im home it doesnt look as bad as I initially thought.

Still what a champ he is.

7 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

The message that they should leave it to the umpires and the MRP to punish players for this sort of thing rather than taking it upon themselves?  Just a thought. 

[censored] weak

All the conditions are there for Rance to make the decision he didn't quite make last year: Two or three weeks I'd say (intentional: he looked down at JW's head before he hit it) and he might just not come back. What's to come back to? Bye.

On 4/24/2016 at 11:46 PM, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

All the conditions are there for Rance to make the decision he didn't quite make last year: Two or three weeks I'd say (intentional: he looked down at JW's head before he hit it) and he might just not come back. What's to come back to? Bye.

the fact Jack could have done nothing to protect his head has to be a factor, it was borderline a coward punch and we know what damage they can do.

• Like 7

Yeah, saw the replay of this on the way home. I don't think there's anything in it, but I love that he basically threw a KPD on the ground and Viney's what, 5 foot 7? What a legend.

• Like 3

Watched that clip 5 times already. 

Usually I'm against remonstrating and being silly, but that is the best thing I've seen a Melbourne player do in a long time. 

Watts has been a star this season. Rance couldn't handle it and went for the cheapest shot possible. Viney did what all of us wanted to do and I'm proud of him for doing it. Stood up for a mate. That's what the ANZAC spirit is all about. 

• Like 6

I consider this to be nearly as bad as what Steven May did, i know that sounds extreme but hits like that can do serious damage when a person doesn't expect it, can't defend themselves. 

The AFL has a strong stance against coward punches and i would find it really disappointing if they considered something that really isn't far off falling into that catagory worthy of only one week or a fine.

1 week for stupidity, 1 week for a dangerous act 1 week for being a little [censored] and a forth for getting dropped like a sack of [censored] by Jack Viney.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, demonoid said:

Paused the video and then started it again just after connection seems to be more of a push from Viney than a strike

Was gonna be a strike but Viney pulled it.
Woulda put Rance into next week if he let it go.

Just when I thought I couldn't love this man anymore than I already did, he makes me love him that much more!!! 

I'm getting a jack viney tattoo now for sure, I just wish I had some daughters for him to marry.... 

I honestly think the AFL need to take this oppertunity to really make an example of out Rance. 

In every sense of the word, what Rance did was a deliberate "coward hit".  Especially as a poor kid was killed just this week from a coward hit that has been so widely condemned.

I'm not saying what Rance did is exactly the same, but the message it sends is.  if the same contact with the same force was made to a guy on the street who then hit his head on the ground on the way down, the consequences could be absolutely tragic. Just because it happened on a football field doesn't make it any less of an offence.

The AFL can really show that a deliberate strike/hit to the head from behind or coward hit is so unacceptable the punishment is so server that no player will ever consider doing it again.

12 weeks to season for me.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2016 at 0:49 AM, Hellfish said:

I honestly think the AFL need to take this oppertunity to really make an example of out Rance. 

In every sense of the word, what Rance did was a deliberate "coward hit".  Especially as a poor kid was killed just this week from a coward hit that has been so widely condemned.

I'm not saying what Rance did is exactly the same, but the message it sends is.  if the same contact with the same force was made to a guy on the street who then hit his head on the ground on the way down, the consequences could be absolutely tragic. Just because it happened on a football field doesn't make it any less of an offence.

The AFL can really show that a deliberate strike/hit to the head from behind or coward hit is so unacceptable the punishment is so server that no player will ever consider doing it again.

12 weeks to season for me.

Won't happen in a million years, but i agree with you, it doesn't take much force to do serious damage with a hit like that, it simply can't be tolerated. 

• Like 3