Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Richmond

Wiseblood

Really doubt Garrett will come in - read this morning that Mission said its a high ankle sprain - they typically take longer, even mild ones just take a long time to go from 70/80% to 100%. My take is probably closer to another 2 or 3 weeks from if he's close

So for me that leaves it as Bernie comes in for Hunt (stiff! But only got game time as Bern was suspended). And then the question of Tracc or no Tracc. If he comes in u think it will be at the expense of one of the others on 65% game time -Oliver, Brayshaw and Kennedy. Kennedy ain't going out so it's Ollie for a rest (read management of first year in big league)or Gus as he still hasn't got full fitness back

• Like 1

Hogan will be lurking around centre bounces.... very off-putting.

Harmes and Bugge will play and Kent has X factor which he doesn't know yet.

Roos will be well aware of tactics to be employed this week. I know that Vince will play if fit but as to who misses out:wub:

Just now, jako13 said:

Really doubt Garrett will come in - read this morning that Mission said its a high ankle sprain - they typically take longer, even mild ones just take a long time to go from 70/80% to 100%. My take is probably closer to another 2 or 3 weeks from if he's close

So for me that leaves it as Bernie comes in for Hunt (stiff! But only got game time as Bern was suspended). And then the question of Tracc or no Tracc. If he comes in u think it will be at the expense of one of the others on 65% game time -Oliver, Brayshaw and Kennedy. Kennedy ain't going out so it's Ollie for a rest (read management of first year in big league)or Gus as he still hasn't got full fitness back

He also said, he looked really good and got through the agility tests. It was more about how he pulled up.

He will be named again, and will need to get through fridays full training. I say he will play.

1 minute ago, M_9 said:

Just on Petracca. you'd think if he doesn't get a gig this week, he'd have to play next week. The club would not be so cruel to us as to have him debut at Metricon (would they?).

We have the saint at the Dome next week.

1 minute ago, AzzKikA said:

We have the saint at the Dome next week.

My point. I doubt that he'll debut this week, meaning he'll play against the Saints or debut against the GCS, which would not be a hit with fans I would have thought. Doubt he'll play the next three weeks with Casey.

1 minute ago, M_9 said:

My point. I doubt that he'll debut this week, meaning he'll play against the Saints or debut against the GCS, which would not be a hit with fans I would have thought. Doubt he'll play the next three weeks with Casey.

Surely not, man that would be a slap in the face if they debut him interstate.

7 minutes ago, M_9 said:

honestly i wouldn't hate to see him play all 3 at Casey, remember he has only played one full game (assuming 85% is full) in a year and a half. His form is outstanding but some more full runs would be good for him. Thats just my opinion, maybe the club will decide his form is too good to ignore. 

Edited by ArtificialWisdom

11 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

On form only, does Petracca deserve a game more than ANB?

But it's never just about form.  Clearly Petracca is in a different stratosphere when it comes to talent and impact.  Who do you think Richmond would rather line up against ?

That said...

VFL Round 1

CASEY 27.17.179

FRANKSTON 5.5.35
GOAL KICKERS: T. SMITH 5, S. WEIDEMAN 4, D. KEILTY 3, V. MICHIE 2, C. PEDERSEN 2, A. BRAYSHAW 2, C. PETRACCA 2, D. TERLICH, M. WHITE, K. WILSON, J. HUNT, L. HULETT, C. AMBLER, A. SCOTT
BEST PLAYERS: A. BRAYSHAW, T. SMITH, A. NEAL-BULLEN, C. PETRACCA, J. MUNRO, C. PEDERSEN

Neal-Bullen named in the best with 34 disposals and Petracca named in the best with 31 disposals/2 goals

VFL Round 2

CASEY 18.13.121
COLLINGWOOD 10.5.65
GOALS: WEIDEMAN 3, HULETT, NEAL-BULLEN, GRIMES 2, AMBLER, WILSON, SCOTT, TRENGOVE, WHITE, NEWTON, PETRACCA, J. SMITH
BEST: D. TERLICH, D. KEILTY, J. GRIMES, V. MICHIE, J. TRENGOVE, P. PATTISON

Neither named in the best... 

Neal-Bullen 21 disposals/2 goals (10 contested); Petracca 29 disposals/1 goal (14 contested and some very strong overhead marks - 10 in total) 

Two games Neal-Bullen ~ 55 possessions and 2 goals

Two games Petracca ~ 60 possessions and 3 goals

Conclusion: even if you wanted to use the form argument I'm not sure how you can mount a case that Neal-Bullen has played 2 better games.

Unfortunately, I think we'll need to wait at least one more week to see Petracca run out in red and blue (purely on a fitness level).  Can't wait for it to happen.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2016 at 3:35 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:
9 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

honestly i wouldn't hate to see him play all 3 at Casey, remember he has only played one full game (assuming 85% is full) in a year and a half. His form is outstanding but some more full runs would be good for him. Thats just my opinion, maybe the club will decide his form is too good to ignore. 

I had news that Petracca was told on Tuesday to be ready to debut

So Petracca in for Brayshaw and Vince in for Hunt Garlett another week

6 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Conclusion: even if you wanted to use the form argument I'm not sure how you can mount a case that Neal-Bullen has played 2 better games.

So you base the quality of performances purely on stats?

Interesting.

I assume that means you're happy for your whipping boy Matt Jones to stay in ahead of Hogan, Harmes, McDonald, Watts, Brayshaw, Gawn, Hunt, Dunn & Oliver given he had as many or more disposals as them last round?

31 minutes ago, jako13 said:

Missons credibility is suspect. He must have known it was a high sprain from the beginning. Should have said so at the time.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

So you base the quality of performances purely on stats?

Interesting.

I assume that means you're happy for your whipping boy Matt Jones to stay in ahead of Hogan, Harmes, McDonald, Watts, Brayshaw, Gawn, Hunt, Dunn & Oliver given he had as many or more disposals as them last round?

Please don't derail another thread. Play the ball. It's seriously getting boring.

• Like 3

Just now, Goodvibes said:

Please don't derail another thread. Play the ball. It's seriously getting boring.

I'm simply arguing you can't base the quality of a performance purely on stats.

Surely if you're arguing the form of two players then you would have been there to watch them?

Do you disagree?

I'm a little surprised at all the calls for Matt Jones to be omitted. He may not be best 22 going forward but I think he is certainly best 22 at this point. Has shown improvement in his game this season and has actually been cleaner with the ball than better players such as Nat Jones, Tyson, Kent and others. 

He obviously isn't the most talented player on the list but he spreads better than anyone else in our midfield and we sorely lack that right now. I would be very surprised if he was dropped on form.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Nasher said:

I also suggested resting Oliver, but in hindsight I think I was just taking the soft option to avoid making the call on a player I don't want to drop.

I think it'll be Hunt and one of Brayshaw or Matt Jones. Tough though. Can't remember an the last time players in decent form were being forced out of the side.

definitely a tough call. glad it's not me. just have to have faith the selection committee know best

think jeffy may still be borderline but hope he is ok to go

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm simply arguing you can't base the quality of a performance purely on stats.

Surely if you're arguing the form of two players then you would have been there to watch them?

Do you disagree?

stuie I'll make this really clear. I will respond to you once and once only. I've seen some people on this site treat you really poorly. I feel you're often misunderstood and have some quality footballing views to offer. I've often been tempted to jump to your defence (not that you'd claim you need it) but find that difficult to do when I then see you adopt such a confrontational, point scoring stance so regularly, rather than simply debating the topic at hand. Whether you agree or not, you involve yourself in regular spats on this site. You've clearly become the common denominator and need to address why this is. I'm guessing many like me have been skirting past the in-fighting on this forum in search of the hidden gold and have grown increasingly frustrated in the process. Today, I reached my limit. I'm asking you, as plainly as I can to stop. Talk footy. It's easy, particularly when you finally have a team to watch that doesn't drive you to want to throw a brick through your tv screen every week.

• Like 23