Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Richmond

Wiseblood

1 minute ago, nutbean said:

That makes selection a little easier - I am of the opinion that VDB is not a walk up start like a Vince is. If VDB is fit to play I see him at Casey.

Yep vdbs form has dropped just a tad.Still an in for me though due to is hardness at the ball

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

If he's fit he's best 22 so take your choice, I'm not convinced he is fit at the moment.

At the moment Matt Jones is best 22 (didn't think I'd be saying that), Kennedy is best 22, Bugg is best 22. We have a fair few on current form who are best 22. The players that if they are not in the team are considered a walk up start because they are available has been drastically reduced. Form is a fickle thing and this could change in a week ( lordy,  I hope not).

If he is fit and playing well he is best 22 but you can say that for many players  - this season ( and yes, I agree that he is struggling with fitness) he is down in disposals, marks, tackles compared to last season. Through the preseason and the first 3 games his form says he is not a walk up start in the 22. 

I'll ask again - with Vince and Gartlett back, which three would you drop next week to include him. 

1 minute ago, nutbean said:

I'll ask again - with Vince and Gartlett back, which three would you drop next week to include him. 

I wouldn't bring him in next week because I don't think he is fit.

If he was fit, I'd have him in ahead of M. Jones, Bugg, Harmes, Hunt, Frost and Pedersen. None of those players deserve to be dropped necessarily but people are underestimating just how good vandenBerg is when fit.

• Like 5

Posters are continually forgetting that Oliver is and has been playing restricted game time.

He again only played approx 69 minutes TOG on the w/e. I disagree he looked tired, he just wasn't seeing as much of it as he did last week and I think people are confused because of the difference in possession numbers from this week to last. But it doesn't necessarily mean he's tired. Just didn't get enough of it.

He simply doesn't waste a disposal when he has it and he actually looks to move it in a proactive way. His tackling and handballing in close yesterday were highlights and I think he'll be needed against Richmond on Sunday night.

Ben K interestingly enough had the least amount of TOG which gives me the impression he was a bit fatigued during the week. 

Brayshaw wasn't concussed so he'll be playing next week. Got a knock to the head, had a concussion test which he passed and then played the game out. Was also on restricted minutes and he was solid yesterday so can't see why he'd be dropped at all.

I did witness some sore bodies by the end yesterday in Harmes, Tyson and Matt Jones. We're in a great place in regards to injuries atm and we have the luxury of bringing in fit players for sore/fatigued ones and I think that might be reflected in the changes against Richmond.

Vince and Garlett are automatic inclusions based on their body of work for our side. A really tough selection week though.

Go Dees.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 16

13 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Posters are continually forgetting that Oliver is and has been playing restricted game time.

Ben K interestingly enough had the least amount of TOG which gives me the impression he was a bit fatigued during the week. 

Brayshaw wasn't concussed so he'll be playing next week. Got a knock to the head, had a concussion test which he passed and then played the game out. Was also on restricted minutes and he was solid yesterday so can't see why he'd be dropped at all.

We are playing all these kids and have a bunch players on limited game time and we still smashed the Pie scum

Go dees

I feel for Vanders. We mobilised our forward line this week and it worked. The really noticeable thing in the first quarter was the space up front. He may get squeezed out for now without having had the opportunity to fully play within such a structure.

In: Vince, Garlett

Out: Brayshaw, Frost

I love Angus, but he's not quite right and needs a couple of good games for Casey to get form and confidence back.

I wouldn't drop Hunt.  I don't think first gamers should ever be dropped after one game.  And that rule doubly applies if they acquit themselves well.

Petracca and Trengove may need one more game at Casey.  But if one or both are deemed ready then Matt Jones or Bugg make way.  I know Bugg had a good game, but I'm just not a fan.

It would be quite ironic if Trengove had his comeback game against the club that he was nearly traded to and uncovered his true medical condition.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I wouldn't bring him in next week because I don't think he is fit.

If he was fit, I'd have him in ahead of M. Jones, Bugg, Harmes, Hunt, Frost and Pedersen. None of those players deserve to be dropped necessarily but people are underestimating just how good vandenBerg is when fit.

I agree with his value and know how good he is. I agree with that when is fit (and playing well) he is best 22 but his body of work in season 2016 would not have him walking into the team next week. His lack of output so far is more than likely due to the ankle he has been carrying all year but on all numbers he is well below what he produced in the first half of last year. 

I think the bottom line is that they need to get his ankle and fitness right so he does get into the team and stay there. 

15 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

I don't know who is in or out, but I do think Lumumba and Tyson hold onto the footy that half a second too long.

At some stage I would like to see one of them get a rest, even if it isn't VFL, it messes with our flow.

I would drop Brayshaw back to the VFL purely for fitness reasons, still looks unfit, and could do with a full game on the ball.

Likely INS for me would be: ANB, Vince, Garlett.

OUT: Tyson, Lumumba or Frost/Brayshaw. Petracca will need another few weeks in the VFL, as will Trengove.

Cant agree with you on all those outs King. Give Garlett more time for the ankle to come good. ANB is unlucky but when you hit a winning formula, even against the Pies, dont tinker. All of Tyson, Lumumba Frost and Brayshaw had little off moments yesterday but not justification for dropping them out of the team. Van den beast has to come back via Casey after showing he's back to last years standard. 

Above all show faith in the youngsters who showed us so much yesterday, Harmes, Wagner and Hunt. Play them against the Tiges and allow them consecutive games to consolidate what they've done. I can see these kids forming the nucleus of what we hope will be a mighty team for years to come. Hunt amazed me yesterday.

Maybe you can make a case to drop Frost but even he was a great contributor yesterday. That long bomb from CHF was poetry in motion.

• Like 1

I wonder if Jake Melksham would be in the team at the moment if available. I suspect he wouldd have locked in a spot off half back and be doing well for us.  Will be another nice 'recruit' for next season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ProDee said:

In: Vince, Garlett

Out: Brayshaw, Frost

I love Angus, but he's not quite right and needs a couple of good games for Casey to get form and confidence back.

I wouldn't drop Hunt.  I don't think first gamers should ever be dropped after one game.  And that rule doubly applies if they acquit themselves well.

Petracca and Trengove may need one more game at Casey.  But if one or both are deemed ready then Matt Jones or Bugg make way.  I know Bugg had a good game, but I'm just not a fan.

It would be quite ironic if Trengove had his comeback game against the club that he was nearly traded to and uncovered his true medical condition.

Frost doesn't deserve to be dropped,  played a great game and was massive in the last quarter. His intent is there,  he just needs to clean up his first touch a bit which I back him to do in the seniors. 

Just now, Jesse Christ said:

Frost doesn't deserve to be dropped,  played a great game and was massive in the last quarter. His intent is there,  he just needs to clean up his first touch a bit which I back him to do in the seniors. 

It has nothing to do with "deserve".

I'm picking my best team.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KrazyJay said:

Just don't change too much.... I'm on my way over from Adelaide for my son's first taste of OUR home ground!

Can't f'ing wait!

Were you the one Hackett nipple crippled? ;)

• Like 3

After watching the game again, Bugg's stats flattered him. Very few of his possessions were creative, and his disposal is poor. He does offer defensive pressure, but I think others offer more. Frost had his best game, but still made a lot of errors, and not sure that he's required against the Tigers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FireOath said:

The list waiting in line is starting to mount up:

Petracca

Trengove

Garlett

Vince

vandenBerg

ANB

In: Garlett, Vince

Out: Oliver (rest), Brayshaw (head knock)

From what I understand Terlich is knocking on the door.

We need Bugg to get into Cotchin about his wife going into bat for him on social media! Never underestimate the importance of having an annoying b@stard in the team to put the opposition off their game: psychological warfare.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

He again only played approx 69 minutes TOG on the w/e. I disagree he looked tired, he just wasn't seeing as much of it as he did last week and I think people are confused based because of the difference in possession numbers. But it doesn't necessarily mean he's tired. 

He simply doesn't waste a disposal when he has it and he actually looks to move it in a proactive way. His tackling and handballing in close yesterday were highlights and I think he'll be needed against Richmond on Sunday night.

I did witness some sore bodies by the end yesterday in Harmes, Tyson and Matt Jones. We're in a great place in regards to injuries atm and we have the luxury of bringing in fit players for sore/fatigued ones and I think that might be reflected in the changes against Richmond.

Vince and Garlett are automatic inclusions based on their body of work for our side. A really tough selection week though.

Go Dees.

Ben Ken played a heap in the midfield and doesn't have the tank to do that for long periods, I think explains the drop in TOG. Oliver and Tyson played a lot forward. 

Kennedy in the midfield is interesting. It's nice to have another player with some burst speed in there, especially up against quicker midfields. Good to see him rewarded for his good form as well. 

I agree that Oliver wasn't especially tired and there were several times where he was providing great run through the middle in the last quarter and wasn't used by his team mates. If he was to go out of the team I think it would just be for more versatility with options to play everyone without game time limits. And for him to develop more intensity to his two way running. His tackling stood out on the replay. I guess some weeks you are first to the ball and get clearances, other weeks the ball doesn't come your way and tackling is a huge part of the game.