Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Josh Jenkins

WA Demon13

12 minutes ago, Yung Blood said:

I don't think he's worth signing at his age. I've watched him really slow down the last few years. He used to have decent 20-50m pace with leads and obviously has the strength in one on one contests but I don't think he's going to come back to the form he showed a few years back.

The entire club is pre/post camp fiasco effected YB.  What's been leaked so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

I reckon he'll get somewhere back to pre-camp form with a fresh start wherever he ends up.

I can think of 4 people we could use at FF. TMAC, Wiedeman, Petty and J Smith. Why do some people think that a 31 year old very ordinary player even on play lunch money could be a benefit for us. We may as well recruit Menzel as well to blob around jenkins and our forward woes will be fixed for ever.. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dl4e said:

I can think of 4 people we could use at FF. TMAC, Wiedeman, Petty and J Smith. Why do some people think that a 31 year old very ordinary player even on play lunch money could be a benefit for us. We may as well recruit Menzel as well to blob around jenkins and our forward woes will be fixed for ever.. 

Those four played 36 games for 35 goals.....Jenkins scores 22 goals from 11 games. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

They will if he is super unhappy AD.  Toxic to a new coach trying to start afresh with a relatively clean slate.

I get that, and am all for getting him. However all this screams way too good to be true about his supposed wage. The fact that no one has even remotely had a nibble at him leads me to believe theres a lot more to this than meets the eye

26 minutes ago, AaronDaveyChipsAndGravey said:

I get that, and am all for getting him. However all this screams way too good to be true about his supposed wage. The fact that no one has even remotely had a nibble at him leads me to believe theres a lot more to this than meets the eye

There is much we don't know that may be happening behind the scenes AD.  I suspect a couple of issues at AFC's end  however....

1.  It is potentially in a bit of disarray and a conundrum with regard to the number of players looking to move on and how they will trade/draft to cover them.  Let alone the amount of man hours they need to sort it all which might be slowing their whole process down.

2.  The willingness of JJ to alter/adjust his own contract to accommodate potential suitors complicates things a little, adding time/length to any discussions.

Compounded, those two add up to reasonably sluggish talks/negotiations vs more standard dealings.

Also if we are in to Bruce or Gunston and with Gunston a Frosty twist, they might need to play out prior to serious focus elsewhere such as JJ.

Edited by Rusty Nails

1 minute ago, Rusty Nails said:

There is much we don't know that may be happening behind the scenes AD.  I suspect a couple of issues at AFC's end  however....

1.  It is potentially in a bit of disarray and a conundrum with regard to the number of players looking to move on and how they will trade/draft to cover them.  Let alone the amount of man hours they need to sort it all which might be slowing their whole process down vs other clubs inquiries/offers via Managers etc.

2.  The willingness of JJ to alter/adjust his own contract to accommodate potential suitors complicates things a little, adding time/length to any discussions.

Compounded, those two add up to reasonably sluggish talks/negotiations vs more standard dealings.

Also if we are in to Bruce or Gunston anx with Gunston a Frosty twist, they might need to play out prior to serious focus elsewhere such as JJ.

Completely agree with all of that. Looks like a fall back plan if we cant do any better. I hope we're really into Gunston as part of the Frost deal, could get at least 3 solid years out of him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Dropped several times

He works for SEN SA and apparently he was the one leaking info on the happenings at the Crows in 2019 to Carro via his boss Hutchy .

Hence the reason for getting dropped twice and he also jarred his knee really badly was out for a prolonged period.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I reckon Cox would be getttable. 

Ok player who I would take if not on big money

His a [censored] mug that yank, no business playing footy, who been found out with body pressure, a one trick pony.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Dropped several times

He was dropped after kicking 9 goals in 3 games on two seperate occasions. Rumours around him leaking stories to the media and some kind of verbal fight with Pyke would explain being dropped while in form. The club is a rabble.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

He was dropped after kicking 9 goals in 3 games on two seperate occasions. Rumours around him leaking stories to the media and some kind of verbal fight with Pyke would explain being dropped while in form. The club is a rabble.

That rabble finished above us on the ladder!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AaronDaveyChipsAndGravey said:

Completely agree with all of that. Looks like a fall back plan if we cant do any better. I hope we're really into Gunston as part of the Frost deal, could get at least 3 solid years out of him.

I'm with you on Gunston AD.  Very mobile / clever foward and his experience might even help our flailing forward line to organise a tad better and sort things especially in the post runner era.

Would bring some much valued craft from the Hawk's system.

Any which way we def need a big bodied or clever mobile forward to add some insurance and extra goals in 2020.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Conor Nash for Frost. That is my aim. 

What do you see in Nash? He's big and athletic but 11 goals in 19 games, only ever kicked more than 1 goal once and rarely cracks double figures in disposals. I'm not sure he's going to be a successful project and if he is I'd imagine it might take another couple of years at least and be as a key defender.

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

What do you see in Nash? He's big and athletic but 11 goals in 19 games, only ever kicked more than 1 goal once and rarely cracks double figures in disposals. I'm not sure he's going to be a successful project and if he is I'd imagine it might take another couple of years at least and be as a key defender.

Sounds like figures the Weid puts up.

• Haha 1