Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

1 hour ago, Dee Dee Ramone said:

Keep your money. I will buy two memberships if you promise to find a another team.

Earl Hood

• Master Demon
  •  
  • Earl Hood
  • Life Member
  • 2,345 posts
  • Interests:Football, tennis, travel, politics, learning Spanish, history, wine and food.
  • Favourite Player(s):Robert Flower RIP

Where is Ding? He adds so much to the debate. 

1 hour ago, ding said:

We lost.. Deal with it.

LOL!

There's only one person commenting in this thread so far that seems unable to deal with the fact that we lost.

lol i was one of the few in this thread to tip that we would lose. The rest of you lot are trying desperately to come up with reasons why we are actually awesome, but cant seem to win.

Instead of wasting other posters time , why dont you find a way to fix the quoting problem on this site?

You are the only poster that I have seen manage to quote the full profile of someone. Stick to demonology maybe Ding?

I tap the "quote" button and the rest of this rubbish come up. Clearly not my problem but one of this site.

Cache cleared, and browser closed and re-opened. Demonland problem, not mine.

Thanks for your input though Rafiki, cant remember the last time i read someones input and was forced to place on the ignore list after one post before. Strange how you keep appearing.

I tap the "quote" button and this is what comes up.... i tried to put you on ignore but obviously this site is broken. Perhaps one of the mods can do it for me so i dont have to read your rubbish any more. ?

Thanks in advance mods.

Another umpires goal they got was when they said the kick out didn't go fifteen meters in the first quarter 

The commentators all said it was a wrong decision 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ding said:

Earl Hood

• Master Demon
  •  
  • Earl Hood
  • Life Member
  • 2,345 posts
  • Interests:Football, tennis, travel, politics, learning Spanish, history, wine and food.
  • Favourite Player(s):Robert Flower RIP

Where is Ding? He adds so much to the debate. 

LOL!

There's only one person commenting in this thread so far that seems unable to deal with the fact that we lost.

lol i was one of the few in this thread to tip that we would lose. The rest of you lot are trying desperately to come up with reasons why we are actually awesome, but cant seem to win.

Instead of wasting other posters time , why dont you find a way to fix the quoting problem on this site?

You are the only poster that I have seen manage to quote the full profile of someone. Stick to demonology maybe Ding?

I tap the "quote" button and the rest of this rubbish come up. Clearly not my problem but one of this site.

Cache cleared, and browser closed and re-opened. Demonland problem, not mine.

Thanks for your input though Rafiki, cant remember the last time i read someones input and was forced to place on the ignore list after one post before. Strange how you keep appearing.

I tap the "quote" button and this is what comes up.... i tried to put you on ignore but obviously this site is broken. Perhaps one of the mods can do it for me so i dont have to read you rubbish any more. ?

Thanks in advance mods.

Forget your password, that'll fix it.

• Like 2

Another umpires goal they got was when they said the kick out didn't go fifteen meters in the first quarter 

The commentators all said it was a wrong decision 

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

Close but no ceegar.

Never and don't deserve it after giving away a 7-8  goal start! We need to take a leaf from Hawthorns book ! But of course we lack the same "Culture"

also who the F*** wa on Harvey??

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

LOL i see the quality of your posts havent improved either.

5 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I've lifted my self-imposed ban to give my summary of the game:

The umpires [censored] us right over and can all go and swim back from Tasmania as far as I'm concerned.

Remember Jack Riewoldt's self imposed ban?

Now Hardwicks put a ban on the players....comical.

8 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

doc roet

• Demon
  •  
  • doc roet
  • Members
  •  
5 minutes ago, ding said:

LOL i see the quality of your posts havent improved either.

Can't improve on perfection.

I know what you mean. Sad how others dont get it though.

4 hours ago, Jesse Christ said:

Bad mistake by Watts in the last when he should have had  a shot (only about 30 out) went to pass to Hogan,  North intercepted and goaled.  12 point turnaround and would have had us 6 up. Overall good effort though and if we repeat that against pies and tiges we beat them. 

it was a really bad mistake and unlike Watts however I thought it was one of the first timed I've really seen him fearless. he threw himself headlong into that pack to take the mark. Geez it's taken a while but he's really stepping up now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jesse Christ said:

Bad mistake by Watts in the last when he should have had  a shot (only about 30 out) went to pass to Hogan,  North intercepted and goaled.  12 point turnaround and would have had us 6 up. Overall good effort though and if we repeat that against pies and tiges we beat them. 

it was a really bad mistake and unlike Watts. However I thought it was one of the first times I've really seen him fearless. he threw himself headlong into that pack to take the mark. Geez it's taken a while but he's really stepping up now.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

it was a really bad mistake and unlike Watts. However I thought it was one of the first times I've really seen him fearless. he threw himself headlong into that pack to take the mark. Geez it's taken a while but he's really stepping up now.

I joked that he was in shock, that's why he passed it.

No one laughed...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ding said:

Explain which parts of my posts you think have been incorrect or shut your trap. We lost for the 16th time in a row to Norf. NORF. Why do you think my criticism is wrong?

Because your criticism is not being constructive in the slightest. Offer us something of value, mate. Yes, today was frustrating. Yes, we should have won. But we didn't. Stop whinging and look to next month for redemption. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Remember Jack Riewoldt's self imposed ban?

Now Hardwicks put a ban on the players....comical.

I love looking at the table and seeing Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Essendon below us. Brilliant.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Brownie said:

it was a really bad mistake and unlike Watts however I thought it was one of the first timed I've really seen him fearless. he threw himself headlong into that pack to take the mark. Geez it's taken a while but he's really stepping up now.

Not quite. The ball was put lace out for him. A perfect kick, but two North players closed down the space, but the kick was too good for them. He looks timid again to me. Like he did previous years. It's certainly confidence linked, because in the GWS game he did seem to enjoy body contact for the first time.

35 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

AdamFarr

• Red and Blue
  •  
  • AdamFarr
  • Members
  • 6,206 posts
  • Favourite Player(s):Jones, Brayshaw, Hogan, Vince, Viney, Jetta, Salem, Tyson and Oliver
51 minutes ago, ding said:

Explain which parts of my posts you think have been incorrect or shut your trap. We lost for the 16th time in a row to Norf. NORF. Why do you think my criticism is wrong?

Because your criticism is not being constructive in the slightest. Offer us something of value, mate. Yes, today was frustrating. Yes, we should have won. But we didn't. Stop whinging and look to next month for redemption. 

So i didnt say anything that was wrong, but because i didnt give the team a cuddle and offer encouragement, i am somehow incorrect..

See this is part of the reason the rest of the comp treat us as a joke. Constant defence of losses should be binned. I dont have to be constructive, i dont have to offer encouragement... i simply comment on the final result, which just happened to be the 16th loss in a row to North.

• "Stop whinging and look to next month for redemption. "

No.......with MFC its always next round/month/year...............This has been going on for a decade. If thats good enough for you i suggest you support St Kilda.

32 minutes ago, ding said:

Edited by ding

Couple of things. Firstly, where did I defend the loss? And secondly, where did I say it was good enough for me? Your views are black and white, mate. Maybe you should go and support Collingwood?

37 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

AdamFarr

• Red and Blue
  •  
  • AdamFarr
  • Members
  • 6,206 posts
  • Favourite Player(s):Jones, Brayshaw, Hogan, Vince, Viney, Jetta, Salem, Tyson and Oliver
53 minutes ago, ding said:

So i didnt say anything that was wrong, but because i didnt give the team a ciddle and offer encouragement, i am somehow incorrect..

See this is part of the reason the rest of the comp treat us as a joke. Constant defence of losses should be binned. I dont have to be constructive, i dont have to offer encouragement... i simply comment on the final result, which just happened to be the 16th loss in a row to North.

• "Stop whinging and look to next month for redemption. "

No.......with MFC its always next round/month/year...............This has been going on for a decade. If thats good enough for you i suggest you support St Kilda.

Couple of things. Firstly, where did I defend the loss? And secondly, where did I say it was good enough for me? Your views are black and white, mate. Maybe you should go and support Collingwood?

Cant, I have all my own teeth.

Just got a PM pointing out how fcuking stupid i sound....

read back through the thread and sadly i agree.

Im just so goddamn sick of losing

Sorry all.

• Like 6

What a game, we have again found a way to win a game we could have won but given this was a far better side than many we did well.  We had chances but did not take them. No point blaming Watts, he was trying to honour a pass from Hogan. As I recall Watts stats kicking from that side on that angle at the MCG were pretty bad, so maybe he wanted to make sure. Does not matter we had a lot of other poor turnovers, bad frees, 50 meters given and lucky that a couple of other 50 meters were not, as well as miscellaneous poor shots from goals or passes directly to the opposition.

All in all a great effort, North are a pretty good side. The choice of keeping Lumumba in was a good one, he gave us run off the backline. Maybe frost was not the best option, but we needed a extra tall to take the ruck, he was one of the two options.  He will probably be a decent player given a bit more time. We do have a problem with only having Maxxy, while did a super human effort today, North did get back into the game every time he was off the ground.

All in all we are young side, very unlikely to make the 8, but looking to improve this year is about getting our game plan together and getting some consistency for our playing group as a team and getting same game time to our newer players. Today was a great start.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doc roet said:

I am just waiting for the time when its not a nail biter,

If we play like that next week,albeit for the first Q my fingers might grow back,

I'll bet Buckleys shivering in his boots right now

Dees are paying $2.20 - $2.40 depending on who you bet with. 

Massive chance, put em your multi.