Round 1 Predictions

DubDee

On 20 March 2016 at 10:39 AM, Demon Jack said:

Without Cameron, Treloar and McCarthy, (three players who typically play well against us) I think we have a slight edge on the Giants. Considering Shaw's run and carry off half back is very important for GWS, I would tell Kent to go and stick to him like glue (I think he did a similar job against Malceski last year in round 1). 

Dees by 13 points, Gawn to get the three Brownlow votes and Hogan to kick four goals.

Great optimism re Gawne

perhaps I'm wrong but I thought a bloke called Mumford played for GWS!

should be a win 

but gws  will be looking forward for revenge and want to start off with a bang like us 

they see us as a lessor side and will have put this game down as a win 

will be a very close game.

On 3/20/2016 at 9:33 AM, DubDee said:

5 days to go!! anyone care to offer their predictions for round 1?

i had a look at the teams from round 2 last year against GWS for a bit of context/comparison. Dees scored the first 4 goals before bending over and conceding 9 goals to nil in the 3rd term. I actually have some confidence now that we will be able to weather a storm a lot better this time around. 

Interestingly, Giants will be without McCarthy (scored 3 goals that day), Cameron and Treloar.  these are 3 very significant outs. 2 main fwd targets and arguable their best midfielder.

Dees missing Cross, Jamar, Dawes, Howe and Newton. With all due respect, we will not miss any of these greatly. in fact their replacements will improve us.  Importantly, Salem, Viney, Brayshaw, Tyson etc being a year older, fitter, more confident will be significant.

Last week, I was thinking a 3 goal loss but I think we can do it.  GWS are very good and could well win a flag in the next few years but I think if we limit their run ons and play hard footy we can win.

Prediction - Dees by 2 points

N Jones and M Gawn the difference

Dubdee to get drunk post match.

feel free to add your predictions/analysis/thoughts

Well I've gone through everyone predictions and the prize for closest prediction goes to...

Dubdee....oh .. this is awkward.   :cool:

my prediction for this week. Dees by 112 points. Hogan to kick 8.4.

dubdee to get drunk post match

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

Well I've gone through everyone predictions and the prize for closest prediction goes to...

Dubdee....oh .. this is awkward.   :cool:

my prediction for this week. Dees by 112 points. Hogan to kick 8.4.

dubdee to get drunk post match

I see a pattern emerging here... I like it

• Like 1