Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Tuesday 23rd February, 2016

Cards13

Good to see that the reports are suggesting that, at the present time, things are improving on the injury front. Here's the intraclub practice match injury list plus Jake Spencer :-

2. Nathan Jones - pacing himself to get ready for the season

5. Christian Petracca - out on the ground but not doing a great deal

6. Chris Dawes - walking laps

8. Heritier Lumumba - back in the main group for the majority of the session 

9. Jack Trengove - in training and getting closer 

19. Ben Newton - walking laps

23. Bernie Vince - out on the ground but not doing a great deal

24. Jay Kennedy-Harris - hamstring (seen on the track briefly)

27. Liam Hulett - trained but it was reported that he appeared to suffer a minor injury

33. Jake Spencer - not at training today

41. Mitchell White - slight ankle problem 

46. Dean Terlich - ankle injury, trained for part of the session 

47. Max King - back in the main group for the majority of the session 

Suspended:-

18. Jake Melksham - season 

On this basis, I don't see any immediate returnees so the pronouncement by the club that we will have our best possible team out there in Adelaide on Saturday would be just about right since very few on the list will be left to miss out given there's an eight player interchange.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Cards, Trenners was fine, I watched a few of the early drills he was involved in, stepping off both feet, and quite a decent pace, reckon he is itching to get a crack at one of the NAB challenge games, got a big smile as he noticed I was taking a picture

Thanks to the both of you for the feedback. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was there today, for the White lovers, has had a slight ankle issue, same with Terlich who did part of the session, JKL is hammy

HL and King were back in main group for 3/4 , then did an interesting drill with Crossy on the other soccer oval, with one in goal and the other firing shots at them?

Trengove did most of everything, looked unencumbered (nice word)

Nathan Jones was rehabbing, asked him why, said it was age

Hogan is fun to watch in the match sim

Only one who didn't seem to be there today was Spencer

Hulett hurt himself today, but seemed minor

If you have any question feel free, tasmanlvr has the drills covered

On the Petracca/Jones front, Trac made his usual smart comment to me when I passed him and Jonesy as they sat and watched the last of the match sim, I actually managed to get him embaressed much to Jonesys' amusement.

Saty, don't tell me Trenners  has been neutered...  Its my  belief that his best work for the club will come in the latter part of his playing career, & bog after in his retirement play.

say it isn't so Saty.

:)

Edited by dee-luded

Managed to rearrange a few work place meetings to sneak down to Goschs paddock at 9.45 am for training. Not impressed that the main group didn't appear until 10.20 as I had to be out of there by 11.00. However that gave me plenty of time to watch Pettracca, Jones and Cross doing extended drills in rehab on the full ground that I assumed were recreating a half forward role where the Trac had to wrestle with Cross before making a lead and requiring Jones to pass to him. In this drill he showed remarkably clean hands, marking the ball out in front every time. In other drills the Trac had to chase and mark a high kick, then pass off to Cross, who would then throw the ball at Trac at full pace and he showed he had very clean hands below his knees every time. Some of his kicking was wayward but gee in nearly 30 minutes of drills I don't think he fumbled a mark or a tumbling ball on the ground. Jones was good but made a number of mis kicks and fumbled a few and let the f word out a number of times in frustration. I can't wait to see a fit Trac playing off the half forward line, he moves well, takes the ball cleanly out in front every time.  His set shots at goal were a bit hit and miss but it was very windy. And I wonder if Jones may spend some time at half forward this season. He did that some years ago under Daniher if I remember it accurately. 

Edited by Earl Hood
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Good to see that the reports are suggesting that, at the present time, things are improving on the injury front. Here's the intraclub practice match injury list plus Jake Spencer :-

2. Nathan Jones - pacing himself to get ready for the season

5. Christian Petracca - out on the ground but not doing a great deal

6. Chris Dawes - walking laps

8. Heritier Lumumba - back in the main group for the majority of the session 

9. Jack Trengove - in training and getting closer 

19. Ben Newton - walking laps

23. Bernie Vince - out on the ground but not doing a great deal

24. Jay Kennedy-Harris - hamstring (seen on the track briefly)

27. Liam Hulett - trained but it was reported that he appeared to suffer a minor injury

33. Jake Spencer - not at training today

41. Mitchell White - slight ankle problem 

46. Dean Terlich - ankle injury, trained for part of the session 

47. Max King - back in the main group for the majority of the session 

Suspended:-

18. Jake Melksham - season 

On this basis, I don't see any immediate returnees so the pronouncement by the club that we will have our best possible team out there in Adelaide on Saturday would be just about right since very few on the list will be left to miss out given there's an eight player interchange.

This sounds suspiciously like an injury report. When do we get the official one?

?

WJ Newton JKH and White were out rehabbing at 9 I was chatting to them while I had my morning coffee    they all did anout 2 hrs of rehab including that beep test running

Dawes was the only one that did very little

Don't tell Bernie Vince he didn't do much he did nearly the whole session  see the pic on my Twitter

Spencer only absentee

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

In a few years he should spend a year in the midfield, just to beat the distant 2nd, Cripps, in the Brownlow.

Hogan went into the midfield for a couple of ball ups during a game last year.

I think it was during the StKilda away match at docklands.

He did very well, so it's a real option!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Saty, any info on when Petracca will join in training? (Apologies if already covered)

There is a Misson video on the website updating injuries etc. Petracca rejoining main group next week but will need a few weeks of full training before playing. Didn't put a specific time on it.

HL and Max King will be ready to play by the 3rd NAB game.

Jones had a knock on his knee a few weeks ago but is pretty right now. Won't play this weekend.

Trenners is going well. He did 2/3rds of last training session but will still need to build up to full sessions and then a month of full sessions before being ready to play. Didnt' put a time line on that but my guess given his rate of improvement is it looks like maybe 5-6 weeks.

Dawes 4th calf in a year. Going to take much longer on this to try to make sure he is right for the full season. No time line.

• Like 4