HB: Salem. Frost. Vince

C: Kent. Brayshaw. Tyson

HF: Watts. T Mac. Viney

F: Garlett. Hogan. Pedo

FOL: Gawn. VDB. N. Jones

INT:  Stretch, Harmes. Kennedy, Bugg

..... Dawes ?

Shuffle away all you like Dee.

Not a lot of difference in the personnel of the 22 with you dropping Dawes and adding Bugg. I know next to nothing about Bugg. I live in Europe and have for the last 10 years or so and only watch the Demons games so anyone in other teams I know very little about. 

Not sure I like TMac as CHF. he can take a mark and reads the game well except when he has the ball in his hands and decides to set off on a run. TMac and frost could swap around.

I would still like to see Dawes in the 22. swap him for Bugg or Kennedy on the bench?

Bit of water to flow under the bridge with Intra club matches and the NAB games. Things will become a lot clearer at that time. Petracca, Grimes, ANB could all put in Belters during the pre-season games and demand a R1 start.  A way behind this group are Oliver, Hunt, Hulett, and Spencer. Minchie and White off the rookie list might also step up.

I do not see Lumumba coming up fit and in form by the time of R1

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I liked Pedo's effort and reckon he has given himself a good opportunity at a start against GWS. All a myth of course.

Some good news. Mark Stevens ‏@Stevo7AFL 8m8 minutes ago Angus Brayshaw tested knee today .. Ahead of schedule, will play VFL this weekend .. Looks a lock for R1 @7NewsMelbourne

4 minutes ago, CHF said:

Shuffle away all you like Dee.

Not a lot of difference in the personnel of the 22 with you dropping Dawes and adding Bugg. I know next to nothing about Bugg. I live in Europe and have for the last 10 years or so and only watch the Demons games so anyone in other teams I know very little about. 

Not sure I like TMac as CHF. he can take a mark and reads the game well except when he has the ball in his hands and decides to set off on a run. TMac and frost could swap around.

I would still like to see Dawes in the 22. swap him for Bugg or Kennedy on the bench?

Bit of water to flow under the bridge with Intra club matches and the NAB games. Things will become a lot clearer at that time. Petracca, Grimes, ANB could all put in Belters during the pre-season games and demand a R1 start.  A way behind this group are Oliver, Hunt, Hulett, and Spencer. Minchie and White off the rookie list might also step up.

I do not see Lumumba coming up fit and in form by the time of R1

that's why I said I like your work.

but I think TMac was tried forward for a reason,  2nd half of last year,  possibly with a view to make room for development...  of Frosty? & of Oscar.  & with Garlo getting on, & Dawes spinning, we need to hurry to develop Frost & Oscar down back...

So I see that TMac could go CHF leading up thru the middle with Hogan reaching up high, & rotating with Pedo, add watts, & some small speed to that mix.

Frost & Oscar trying to settle into defence with Garlo & Dunn, Salem & Jetta & maybe Vince? 

..... add possibly Bugg into this interchange, to help either down back, or thru the mids?

#edit: Lumumba, I forgot... sorry Heritier. he should be in there somewhere.

Edited by dee-luded

On 22 January 2016 at 8:25 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Jetta  Dunn Garland

Salem T.Mcd  Lamumba

Vince  Viney  Watts

Kent  Dawes  Brayshaw

Gartlett  Hogan Petracca

Gawn Tyson N.Jones

Neal-Bullen Harmes Bugg Kennedy

emerg. JKH Vandenburg Stretch

(Grimes  Frost M White)

You are not the only one Norm but it is GARLETT not Gartlett (no T in the middle plenty at the end). Just being picky I know.

1 hour ago, ENYAW said:

Hogan could go to CHF at the expense of Dawes. FF perhaps King or White if promoted. Have the Dees made a decision on the promotion yet?

No need to make that decision for a while yet. The club is not confined to its primary list during the NAB Challenge series and therefore it could theoretically try out every player on its lists including rookies before round 1 of the premiership season. There's no hurry to promote a player and, as yet we don't know if the AFL will also consider enabling the non Essendon clubs who lost a player(s) to recruit top ups as replacements.

B:   Garland Dunn Jetta

HB: Salem McDonald Lumumba

C: Watts Tyson Vince

HF: Kent Frost Vandenberg

F: Garlett Hogan Kennedy

R: Gawn Jones Viney

Int: Brayshaw Bugg Petracca Grimes

Emg: JKH Harmes ANB

Will be interesting to see how we go with the 2nd ruck option.. For me Dawes is not a capable 2nd ruck unless his worked hard over pre-season. If Frost plays down back then I doubt it would be him, don't see too many key defenders as relieving ruckmen. Leaves Pedersen which i think is the way to go.. His provides a better marking option then Dawes up forward and does a better job in the ruck. With the new interchange caps will be interesting to see how teams tackle the 2nd ruck whether they go with a dedicated back up or a pinch hit forward/ruck

37 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Will be interesting to see how we go with the 2nd ruck option.. For me Dawes is not a capable 2nd ruck unless his worked hard over pre-season. If Frost plays down back then I doubt it would be him, don't see too many key defenders as relieving ruckmen. Leaves Pedersen which i think is the way to go.. His provides a better marking option then Dawes up forward and does a better job in the ruck. With the new interchange caps will be interesting to see how teams tackle the 2nd ruck whether they go with a dedicated back up or a pinch hit forward/ruck

I think ideally frost will play the forward/ruck role.

• Like 1

Should have a nearest to the pin on this one....

Jetta       Dunn     Garland

Salem     TMac    Bugg

Watts     Tyson    Vince

Brayshaw  Hogan   Kent

Garlett    Pedo    Petracca

Gawn     Jones    Viney

VdB Stretch Kennedy Harmes

EMG Frost, Grimes OMac

Pedo plays deep forward and 2nd ruck.

* need a better 2nd ruck (pretty sure this isn't Dawes).

• Like 1

Watts has to take ownership of 3rd tall forward this season. Just as we can't have Frost/Garland/Tmac/Dunn all down back we can't have Watts/Dawes/Hogan/Pedo all up forward. If Frost is up fwd then Dawes/Pedo miss out. Hogan won't be suffering from second year blues and with an improved midfield the stage is set, it's now or never.  He has all the tools and I'm hoping he proves me wrong. As a permanent fwd he should be setting himself for 2-3 goals a game. Hogan should be looking for 1goal a qtr (please don't anyone produce the stats of probability) that should be the mindset he takes in, break it down to 1 goal every 20 minutes.

(this is not criticism) If Grimes plays he must start as a defender, not come off the bench as part of midfield rotations. 

The inclusion of Bugg/Kennedy keep things interesting for those players that are thereabouts and yet to cement their spot.

im actually looking forward to our pre season games, I know for some clubs thru mean little but for some of our players this will be a chance to impress.

I believe Petracca will play

Bummer Melksham will be out.

Here's how I see it.

BACK : Jetta -- Dunn -- Garland

HALF BACK : Salem --- T.McDonald --- Lumumba

CENTER : Tyson --- Viney --- Brayshaw 

HALF FWD : Vandenberg --- Frost --- Kent

FWD : Garlett -- Hogan --- Petracca 

FOLL : Gawn -- Jones --- Vince 

INT : Bugg --- Watts --- Harmes --- Stretch 

EMG : Neal-Bullen --- Kennedy --- Dawes

Unfortunately I can see Roosy playing Dawes and leaving Frost

This could all change by the time NAB challenge is over 

Could have Oliver, Weideman and Hulett, you never know.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

Unfortunately I can see Roosy playing Dawes and leaving Frost

I can't, I see having the 3 talls especially one who is so mobile and quick as frost as pivotal for the side. 2 talls, 2 hybrids, 2 smalls (who can push through the middle) is a common enough formula for a forward line. 

Frost/Dawes/Hogan in my opinion is our best forward line up with 2nd ruck and 2 keys. 

I cannot see Lumumba in the R1 side. Petracca maybe depending on pre-season match form. The main points in contention seem to be the CHF position and how to incorporate a second ruck.

Maybe Dawes at CHF and rucking in the forward zone with Watts coming over the top as third man? Watts was doing that a bit during last season and quite effectively. The selections and how we structure will be a week to week proposition depending on the opposition.

Look at the job that Spence and Gawn did against Geelong last season. 

I'm sure the club would love Weideman and/or Huelett to step up in the NAB Cup. Personally, I'd much prefer them for round one than either Dawes or Pedo as they are the future. Likewise Petracca for either Kennedy or Kent. 

I suspect though we will not see these new recruits until the second half of the season unfortunately. 

Then there is Trengove who no-one has mentioned yet...

3 hours ago, Dees2014 said:

I'm sure the club would love Weideman and/or Huelett to step up in the NAB Cup. Personally, I'd much prefer them for round one than either Dawes or Pedo as they are the future. Likewise Petracca for either Kennedy or Kent. 

I suspect though we will not see these new recruits until the second half of the season unfortunately. 

Then there is Trengove who no-one has mentioned yet...

Weideman has given himself the goal of playing round one, which I think is fantastic, but I can't see him being selected if all of Hogan/Frost/Dawes/Pedersen are available. 

On the other hand, I think that there is plenty of room in the side for all of Petracca, Kennedy and Kent, and don't think it will be a case of one or the other.

Trengove won't be ready from what I've heard. I believe that he's aiming for a mid-March return, and he will need to find some form at Casey before being thrown into the firsts.

6 hours ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Weideman has given himself the goal of playing round one, which I think is fantastic, but I can't see him being selected if all of Hogan/Frost/Dawes/Pedersen are available. 

On the other hand, I think that there is plenty of room in the side for all of Petracca, Kennedy and Kent, and don't think it will be a case of one or the other.

Trengove won't be ready from what I've heard. I believe that he's aiming for a mid-March return, and he will need to find some form at Casey before being thrown into the firsts.

If Weideman can earn himself a Round 1 debut, expect Oliver to also get a Guernsey!

8 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

the big problem about a watts being the third tall is that he would be useless in the ruck

2 minutes ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Gunston doesn't ruck either.

And to be honest Watts couldn't be any worse in the ruck than Dawes anyway.