Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Hird Interviews

rjay

Add in Hird's references to Thymomodulin rather than Thymosin B4.

Thymomodulin is used for conditions such as immune disorders, infections, rheumatoid arthritis and skin diseases. Thymosin Beta-4 provides a range of benefits including increasing lean muscle mass, helping to repair tendons and ligaments and increasing endurance.

To paraphrase Hird, "why would Dank want to give them thymomodulin. It makes no sense".

• Like 6

Am currently in Japan. Seems the interview was as predictably uninformative  as we all thought it would be. Back to the sumo wrestling. 

I presume no body building drugs in sumo?  Are they WADA enrolled, or, like some seem to want AFL to do, do they prefer for obvious reasons to stand outside?

Glad I watched the cricket with the lads.

I had a couple of blades of grass the growth of which I wanted to monitor over a one hour period  Quite fascinating it was, comparatively anyway, from what I hear  

Some well know footy commentators having a go at Hird: 

Dennis Cometti @DennisCometti7 Unlike Pinocchio, James #Hird's ears appear to grow with each lie #smug #cheapshot 1:54 AM - 18 Jan 2016

Dave Hughes @DHughesy Surely in this long promised tell all interview we are gonna get more about Stephen Dank than 'he made mistakes.' Surely? #hird #Abc24

Dennis Cometti @DennisCometti7 James #Hird chanelling Richard Kimble. It wasn't me, it was the one armed man #smug #hirdinterview

Mark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun Qs need asking. 1 Who told the players not tell ASADA about injections. 2 The text messages with Dank about Reid? Why the consent forms?

Jon Ralph @RalphyHeraldSun It's OK Essendon 34 you can play this year because Hirdy only looks at the AFL tribunal finding, not CAS. Brilliant news

Jon Ralph @RalphyHeraldSun Question that Tracey won't ask, but I wonder how hard Hird pushed Dank to testify, did he contact him to help clear the players?

Surprised to see Dennis C speak up – he is usually very neutral on issues.

Even Robbo and Jon Ralph are decrying Hird’s comments.

Will be interesting to hear Patrick Smith and Caroline Wilson when they get back from vacation.

Edit:  Don't know if the above are the actual twitter for each person.  Twits taken from different on-line news articles

Dennis' first one is another gem. 

His second though is a poor analogy, as Kimble was in fact clearly innocent. 

Robbo is starting to show some very belated doubts, it seems.

• Like 1

I presume no body building drugs in sumo?  Are they WADA enrolled, or, like some seem to want AFL to do, do they prefer for obvious reasons to stand outside?

I had a couple of blades of grass the growth of which I wanted to monitor over a one hour period  Quite fascinating it was, comparatively anyway, from what I hear  

There are a few at EFC showing some belated doubts 'mono', just heard a very interesting interview with Robert Shaw and the Ted Richards tweets whilst funny are also very instructive as he is a good mate of Jobe's.

There are a few at EFC showing some belated doubts 'mono', just heard a very interesting interview with Robert Shaw and the Ted Richards tweets whilst funny are also very instructive as he is a good mate of Jobe's.

Doesn't the ABC have to explain why it agreed to such an interview? Why was the interviewer not someone from an AFL background? Why not have a panel of interviewers? Why no follow-up questions?

The ABC has given JH a platform, that is not its role. I would like an explanation.

wonder if  james will hand back his mba and ask for his tuition fees back

Jesus that is damming

sydney ABC is clueless. They really are. To give Holmes that interview..Well we all picked it before it started. 

Lets get this straight. This was not an interview. It was an advertorial. Hird was selling undiluted BS. Now James if I may be so bold as to offer you a tip, and yes I know you read Demonland. When you lie in a public forum make it an open ended lie , never a definitive lie. When you stated that the AFL tribunal found the 34 player innocent you told a definitive lie. That finding is on the public record and can easily be accessed. The Panel of course found, "That there was insufficient evidence to be comfortably satisfied". This is a long way from innocent. In fact I do believe  that Mr Whateley has already pulled you up on this point before, so even you know it's a lie. Now unfortunately for you even the most dyed in the wool Hirdaphile can look up the finding of the tribunal and see that you are indeed a pathological liar.  

• Like 2

From her response below Ms Holmes does not know that what makes an interview hard-hitting is the follow-up questions. Disgraceful that the ABC used her for the sort of pap we except on some commercial media

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/viewers-slam-tracey-holmes-joke-abc-interview-with-james-hird-20160117-gm7vi2.html

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sue said:

From her response below Ms Holmes does not know that what makes an interview hard-hitting is the follow-up questions. Disgraceful that the ABC used her for the sort of pap we except on some commercial media

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/viewers-slam-tracey-holmes-joke-abc-interview-with-james-hird-20160117-gm7vi2.html

Yeah, you would expect some far more deductive and analytic questions from someone with that surname ... perhaps she should change her name to Dorothy Dix? :lol::)

3 minutes ago, John Dee said:

I don't think that you can lift anything with a small cannon.

i take your point (so to speak) but was more referring to his attempt to throw every one else under the bus but just succeeding in digging a bigger hole for his good self

• Like 2

After this saga maybe questions need to be asked about james and how hw managed his personal injury battles 

We will clearly never know but it leaves doubts on his illustrious career from my pov

• Like 1

When is the next step in this saga going to play out. That is the banning for life of Hird, the board of the EFC and everyone involved in the administration and coaching of that club? 

Whose job is it to ban Hird?

12 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

When is the next step in this saga going to play out. That is the banning for life of Hird, the board of the EFC and everyone involved in the administration and coaching of that club? 

Whose job is it to ban Hird?

I would think that the Board should thank their lucky stars that they escape jail, for their poor governance.

"Some people confuse rudeness with toughness. I don't set out to be rude, but if anyone wants to go through the transcript or watch the video and tell me that questions about Hird failing the players, being naive, being the wrong man for the coaching job, not paying attention to detail are 'soft', then they are not listening." 

Yes Tracey, but good interviewers ask the question without leading the interviewee then they follow up when the interviewee either doesn't answer the question asked or is misleading and loose with the truth.

It's not being rude Tracey, it's called interviewing and it's about getting the real story not setting up an advertorial.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sue said:

Did she ask him why no records were kept?

Yes that part was a query for me too. I think some of his answer want along the lines of,  when we went to look at the injection approval notices there was nothing

on the back. End of question. Presumably Switkowski found these as well. SO......

Questions & Answers were taken. 

Should have been part of the show, not that we learnt anything new but here they are...

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/james-hird-answers-questions-from-the-audience/7096276

Hird wants it both ways:

• I wasn't part of the management chain for the "supplements" program and was in the dark about what was happening
  • I know that the players didn't take anything prohibited
  • Like 3

If I was Hird I would shut up shop never be involved in footy again and move on with his life, wife and kids must be struggling he will end up with mental health issues but everyone wants there pound of flesh, the more he talks the worse it gets what did people expect when the labor run ABC was taking the interview a person can only cop so much before he's dangling by a rope personally I hopè the EFC take there punishment and don't appeal it so the whole country can move and forget about probably the worst sporting disaster in Australian history as for Stephen Dank what a disgraceful human he should be jailed for his part.

48 minutes ago, Middymalt said:

If I was Hird I would shut up shop never be involved in footy again and move on with his life, wife and kids must be struggling he will end up with mental health issues but everyone wants there pound of flesh, the more he talks the worse it gets what did people expect when the labor run ABC was taking the interview a person can only cop so much before he's dangling by a rope personally I hopè the EFC take there punishment and don't appeal it so the whole country can move and forget about probably the worst sporting disaster in Australian history as for Stephen Dank what a disgraceful human he should be jailed for his part.

Labor run ABC ??- that's why the person who used to run the highly influential national breakfast radio news program had a 'promo' spot interview for John Howard every Friday when he was in the wilderness and she then went on to be a Liberal member of parliament in NSW with thoughts of moving federally, why Amanda Vanstone has a regular hour program, plus a couple of others similar, eg. TS.  Just because the ABC reports differently than Murdoch doesn't make it labor. Just makes it not biased in the Murdoch direction.  To avoid hijacking the thread further, I won't comment on anything in reply.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Questions & Answers were taken. 

Should have been part of the show, not that we learnt anything new but here they are...

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/james-hird-answers-questions-from-the-audience/7096276

loved the comment that worsfold wouldn't have time to understand and check supplements. lol, ffs he's a qualified chemist.

• Like 6