JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

Just now, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Seems a bit cowardly. Not game to do so in person? 

What a joke you are pal..... tell you what, you round up all the Essendon supporters you know and bring them round to my place in Shepparton and i will be most happy to give it to them while you watch on and judge my courage.

ffs 

• Like 1

So the AFL and AFLPA think the code is inappropriate for the comp because the result went the wrong way?

what about all the evidence? players hiding the injection program, the AFL tribunal found them not guilty, it failed, not WADA.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

It's interesting for someone like Dyson Heppell who I imagine would be on a fair crust, he'd potentially miss out on 800k- 1 mil for the year he is suspended out of this, I wonder if the club could be forced to pay a portion of that as you say, due to their responsibility in all this, however I suspect the players have shot themselves in the foot

What about players whose contract is front ended?

Say Jobe was on $800,$600,400, 250 for teh next four years. Doese that mean he loses $800K.

Interesting....

Thought I'd add a little more. Dark day for the competition, really dark day. I didn't expect it to go down as bad as this but when the Bombers chose to roll the dice this was always a possibility, Hird had his ego to stroke and he couldn't face the idea of owning up to his mistakes. 

The players have been dealt a really rotten hand here, this could ruin careers, it has already ruined reputations and could completely screw the Bombers for a long time. I dislike Essendon with a passion but today I just feel sick about the stench that will be over the code for a long time.

Best of luck to Melksham, I honestly don't know what we do with him now.

Good to hear "Dill the Likeable" is having a commission hearing (code for run a poll) to decide whether Jobe keeps the Brownlow....they don't want to make a knee-jerk decision.

mmmm....I think they've had 3 years to think about this one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DeeMfc said:

Saad got 18 months for drinking a sports drink supplement. 

They got off light IMO....

Wade Lees got 2 years for ordering a supplement...that he never got to take...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Good to hear "Dill the Likeable" is having a commission hearing (code for run a poll) to decide whether Jobe keeps the Brownlow....they don't want to make a knee-jerk decision.

mmmm....I think they've had 3 years to think about this one.

Hard to disagree rjay you would think  they only knew this was only a possibility at 9.00 am this morning.

my god they are ordinary.

1 hour ago, DemonDave said:

Not meant to be a quote, something went wrong. 

Dill has clarified the position of the clubs who have ex EFC players saying they can immediately promote a rookie to cover the loss. Leaves us a rookie short but in reality we shouldn't need them anyway. The commission will also need to think about Jabs medal. 

15 minutes ago, ding said:

What a joke you are pal..... tell you what, you round up all the Essendon supporters you know and bring them round to my place in Shepparton and i will be most happy to give it to them while you watch on and judge my courage.

ffs 

Sorry, ding. Sincere apologies. I didn't mean to offend. I had hoped someone else would pick me up for doing exactly the same thing but apparently irony can be hard to detect on this internet thingy.

• Like 1

Staggering that the AFL is pretending that this outcome is a complete shock, and that the possibility of Jab having to hand back the Charlie will only now be considered.

The whole world will get to see what a smug, self-serving, arrogant administration our game has.

Edited by ding
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, old dee said:

Hard to disagree rjay you would think  they only knew this was only a possibility at 9.00 am this morning.

my god they are ordinary.

That's not quite correct od. Fitzpatrick has pointed out that they want to give Jobe an opportunity to be heard as to his arguments why he should be able to keep the medal. Clearly that couldn't happen before today. I think it's a proper process. (And I think the AFL will have no choice but to take his medal from him.)

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Sorry, ding. Sincere apologies. I didn't mean to offend. I had hoped someone else would pick me up for doing exactly the same thing but apparently irony can be hard to detect on this internet thingy.

didnt see your original post so i also apologize. 

Sledge unconditionally retracted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

That's not quite correct od. Fitzpatrick has pointed out that they want to give Jobe an opportunity to be heard as to his arguments why he should be able to keep the medal. Clearly that couldn't happen before today. I think it's a proper process. (And I think the AFL will have no choice but to take his medal from him.)

adds context i guess.... Makes sense 

2 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

It also gives Jobe a chance to compose himself before handing it back and facing the media. One thing he is normally is measured and composed and seems a good bloke. 

26 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Even Mike Fitzpatrick wants to have a discussion about the way the code applies to team sports.

Mate if a whole Club is doping I guess you should rub the whole Club out

I agree 100% - that deterrent would stop anyone (any sane person) considering cheating, in future.

given milkshake doesn't get paid and we get no top-up player and can promote a rookie (presumably michie, who is reportedly already on his normal wage) we will be $400k short on our cap. will the afl let us stay short or do we have to distribute it to the other players? an extra $400k would be good for our p&l account.

5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Sorry 'La Dee', it's not Jobes decision. He can't go a prove innocence, he's been found guilty.

My guess is they are waiting for him to hand it back, I think it's a pity because he does seem a really good bloke.

He will fall on his sword so they won't have to make the tough decision, another win to "Dill the Likeable" would be my bet.

• Like 6