Lucifer's Hero

MFC 2016 Membership - Record Broken. Next stop: 40,000

Browsing the club website I noticed membership to date is 19,026.

Thought you might like some approximate comparisons so I have created this table from several sources.

Past: Date/Members Final # Mbrs Year

2 Dec 2010 - 17,541 36,937 2011

2 Dec 2011 - 18,747 35,428 2012

3 Dec 2012 - 18,217 30,372 2013

11 Dec 2013 - 22,105 35,911 2014

10 Nov 2014 -19,124 35,953 2015

We are ahead of last years Nov 10 figure by 2 weeks.

Our best year was 2011 with 36,937!

2015 could have been a lot better and hopefully, the fixture early next year is a bit kinder - playing Freo, Swans and Hawks in consecutive weeks was a membership killer.

If we have to play all of them in the first half hopefully they are scattered so we can sneak in a few wins between them and keep supporters optimistic and enthusiastic.

PJ's goal of 50,000 for 2017 isn't looking too flash. Lets hope we get 40,000+ for 2016.

Of course, winning a few games early will work wonders!! Get the supporters back to the 'G'.

Imagine the crowd if Trengove, Petracca and Hogan all line up for Rnd 1.

Imagine the roar! :cool:

Go Dees 2016!!!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
Title - record broken
  • Like 2

My renewal ticked over on my credit card yesterday ( Yes it's the card I recovered from Biffen). Anyway the dollars seem to have jumped a bit. Hope I finally get some value.

I think (but am not certain) that there was a bit of an 'opt out' automatic renewal put in place for this year, hence the higher number? So, for example, the club thanked me this week for my renewal whan I hadn't actively done it yet as I have in past years (around about season start - usually for financial reasons!) I'm not unhappy that the club made an early call on what I'd be doing anyway, but this might explain earlier higher numbers.

If we can manage 11+ games in 16' we will hopefully be on track for at least 45,000 by 2017!

Tally today is: 19,467 approx 350 ahead of same time last year.

Progress from last posting is rather slow.

Hopefully, Hogan extends his contract during the preseason which might kick the tally along a bit!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

I think we will only get about 1k more than the same time come round 1, the boost will come if we do well first three rounds.

• Like 1

Sadly, my children keep going overseas. We will only have one full membership next year, down from five in other times.

Today's tally: 20,206 up about 750 in a week! Half way to our goal!

I'm guessing most of the increase is processing the 'early bird' (Oct 31) memberships.

It will interesting to see if last week's new logo campaign gives the tally a decent lift in the next few weeks.

The closest comparison I can find to similar date last year is: 20,509 on the 26th of Nov.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Happy Demon here...membership package arrived in the mail today ...bring the footy !!

• Like 1

21,794 today - 1,500 up from last week!

Possibly the effect of the new 'Melbourne' campaign...lifting awareness/memberships

Tracking about 1,000 ahead of same time last year.

I'm optimistic that with all the good news coming from the club and no bad news (as I cross fingers and toes) that we will beat last year's figure and maybe give the 40,000 target a decent nudge!

• Like 1

Yep 40,000 next season

No reason why it cannot be achieved if the club is serious...

Some early wins would do the trick you'd think.

• Like 3

Had my CC stolen midyear so it was cancelled and new numbers issued. Only realised the other day that I needed to contact Demon HQ to tell them the auto rollover needed some tweaking.

Anyway... all is good... and I'm gonna get Jack 'Give me my [censored] ball back or I'll put you in a house of pain that will make hell look good' Viney on my card.

My mates 1 year old received the membership I bought him today, absolute legend. Hopefully a dee supporter for life!

• Like 5

I have arrived somewhere, and I didn't realise that I was leaving where I was.

Edit:- Feeling my way with new format.

I have a window in my office with the last 15 years of stickers on it. I wish I had started earlier. Attracts a lot of sympathy.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 8

A tweet I just saw from Brooklyn who works for the club.

"24,402 Melbourne Members already on board for season 2016! Exciting times for our Club and members! Go Dees! @melbournefc #myheartbeatstrue"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

A tweet I just saw from Brooklyn who works for the club.

"24,402 Melbourne Members already on board for season 2016! Exciting times for our Club and members! Go Dees! @melbournefc #myheartbeatstrue"

The closest comparison I can find to last year is 21,118 as at Dec 1, 2014.

24,402 so far, bodes well!

• Like 2

Our membership packs arrived in Adelaide this week.

My son (Currently 6 - 7 in Jan) is stoked to always get his membership card before he turns the same age as amount of years (7yr member - currently 6yrs old)

I have a good feeling about hitting 50,000 members by 2018.

Just need the club to manage contracts correctly over the next couple of years and we are well on the way to success

December Positivity as always, but this time it FEELS REAL!!

• Like 1

On 4 December 2015 at 7:23:55 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

The closest comparison I can find to last year is 21,118 as at Dec 1, 2014.

24,402 so far, bodes well!

That's around 15% up on last year. If that keeps up we'll crack 40,000. It would be around 5,000 more than last year. Does anyone have any idea what that is worth in dollars to the Club? More money for the FD and more debt knocked off. Go PJ. LEGEND. Love how innovative and on the front foot they are this year with branding and memberships. Best I've ever seen from the Club. 

1 hour ago, It's Time said:

That's around 15% up on last year. If that keeps up we'll crack 40,000. It would be around 5,000 more than last year. Does anyone have any idea what that is worth in dollars to the Club? More money for the FD and more debt knocked off. Go PJ. LEGEND. Love how innovative and on the front foot they are this year with branding and memberships. Best I've ever seen from the Club. 

I make the extra revenue to be $900k to $1m!

Increased revenue will help pay for the much needed increase in football department spend, which has been Jackson's # 1 spending priority (rightly so).  He recognises that better player facilities, development and welfare support are a critical part of keeping and attracting good players...little steps but we are getting there...the building blocks are almost all in place.

...as always win a few more games (especially early in the season) and things get a lot better a lot faster.

• Like 2